PDA

View Full Version : Did an Official Ron Paul campaign nationally run ad appear during the Superbowl?

dkim68
02-04-2008, 06:14 AM
I searched the forums and everything appears to be amateur, home-made YouTube videos. Was anything from the official campaign broadcast on national television during the Superbowl?

RageAgainstDC
02-04-2008, 06:22 AM
no.

FireofLiberty
02-04-2008, 06:44 AM
They don't allow political ads to be shown nationally during the Superbowl, so no.

rancher89
02-04-2008, 07:26 AM
AND they shut the roof so that no one could see the RP banner being flown around. Someone posted here that a friend was at the game and saw the banner! (go ronpaulairforce!) There was supposed to be some halftime thingy for RP also, super secret, blah blah blah. Didn't happen because the roof was shut. I wonder how the Goodyear blimp and the NFL ballon liked that? (the ballon was based out of NC.)

Lucid American
02-04-2008, 07:27 AM
They don't allow political ads to be shown nationally during the Superbowl, so no.

But Barack ran an ad, right at the end of the first half.

I was pretty angry, because I thought they had told the grass roots, they would not run political ads.

FreeTraveler
02-04-2008, 07:29 AM

I was pretty angry, because I thought they had told the grass roots, they would not run political ads.

That was in local markets, not nationally.

KewlRonduderules
02-04-2008, 08:04 AM

Yeah,

I saw that ad too.

If he could do this, I wonder if there was an ad for us in local markets after the superbowl.

CGRescueSwimmer
02-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Does anyone know if the campaign made any regional/local ad buys during the superbowl? If so, did anyone see the ads? How'd they look, crowd reaction, etc?

Thanks!

CGRS

"Greater than the tread of mighty armies is an idea whose time has come."

-Victor Hugo, 1852

mjp1025
02-04-2008, 08:38 AM
This needs to be confirmed, but I thought I remembered reading that FOX wasn't taking political ads during the Super Bowl....but who did I see?...Obama, for one

LibertyEagle
02-04-2008, 08:40 AM
This needs to be confirmed, but I thought I remembered reading that FOX wasn't taking political ads during the Super Bowl....but who did I see?...Obama, for one

It was said many times, that this only pertained to national ads. Ads could be run on affiliate stations.

LibertyEagle
02-04-2008, 08:45 AM
bump

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 08:50 AM
A Fix News affiliate in northern Maine ran two ads during the pre-game show, and one during the game. These were official campaign ads, paid for by national HQ. But, they were after the Maine caucuses had already completed.

CGRescueSwimmer
02-04-2008, 09:02 AM
That's a bit odd, isn't it?

CGRescueSwimmer
02-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Judging from the overwhelming response, I guess the campaign did not run any local ads during the super bowl... A wasted opportunity?

Johncjackson
02-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Obama ran local targeted ads at a cost of only $250,000. He also got coverage for this, and obviously people noticed the ads from the comments here.

Imagine what the R campaign could have run for the low cost of a quarter mil.