PDA

View Full Version : quick canvassing question

Grandson of Liberty
02-04-2008, 02:53 AM
I'll be canvassing my neighborhood tomorrow (the clubhouse of my apt. complex is actually a polling place)

I'm putting together a flyer with a note I typed up as well addressed to all my neighbors- should I sign my name to it? (300-400 unit complex)

1. I don't want it to be an impersonal flyer (i.e. "A concerned resident"), but. . .

2. . . .I also don't want to get busted (or possibly harassed by angry residents) for leaving flyers on their doors. (I've got RP signs in my windows so it wouldn't be tough to figure out anyway I suppose. :)

Anyhow, anyone else who has done something like this, did you put your name on it. And to those who haven't, would you?

I realize I'm probably over-thinking this, but your input may be helpful, and certainly appreciated. :)

Mark
02-04-2008, 03:04 AM
You don't need to put your name on a flyer, - just on advertisements for print or radio or TV ect.

I don't think I'd put my name or phone number on it,
but you could always put an email addy on if you wanted to give some kind of contact info, or the Campaign website.

It's up to you though, if you don't mind calls, leave a number.

People hang things all the time on doors, restaurant ads for one, that shouldn't be a problem.

That's how a lot of people canvass the first time, you know, a little info at first to get people's attention.

You might have an opportunity to talk to a few people too the first time if you happen to see them.