PDA

View Full Version : Regarding voting records of other candidates

noiseordinance
02-04-2008, 02:23 AM
Is it true that Ron Paul is the only candidate that voted against the war in Iraq and also the only candidate that voted against the Patriot act and Homeland Security act? I'm writing a paper for a writing class and want to make sure I have my facts straight. I know he's the only republican candidate with that record, but I wasn't sure if he's the only one in general. Thanks!

Dan.
02-04-2008, 02:24 AM
thomas.loc.gov

noiseordinance
02-04-2008, 09:04 PM
So no one knows the answer to this offhand? I've already got plenty of stuff to research on my paper, so I figured someone would know this question off the top of their head to save me some work.

noiseordinance
02-05-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm going to guess that no one knows the answer to this. I thought Dr. Paul was the only candidate to vote against invading Iraq, against the Patriot Act and against the Homeland Security act.

slantedview
02-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Is it true that Ron Paul is the only candidate that voted against the war in Iraq and also the only candidate that voted against the Patriot act and Homeland Security act? I'm writing a paper for a writing class and want to make sure I have my facts straight. I know he's the only republican candidate with that record, but I wasn't sure if he's the only one in general. Thanks!

the only presidential candidate to vote against both, yes.

hillary voted for the war. mccain for it. obama wasn't in the senate at the time. romney and huckabee were governors i believe.

Ayse
02-05-2008, 12:25 AM
http://knowbeforeyouvote.com/

noiseordinance
02-05-2008, 12:29 AM
What would you guys say is the most recent *true* republican president our country has had?