PDA

View Full Version : Could the Power of Our Movement Create Our Own Rock Star?

michaelwise
02-04-2008, 02:08 AM
If we could create a new rock group that wrote great songs that promoted Ron Paul's message and sounded cool at the same time, we could subscribe to only this group with our dollars. It would be worth spending our money at their concerts and buying only their music. The entertainment channels may be compelled to cover this band due to the tremendous fan support.

Mark
02-04-2008, 02:39 AM
I've been wanting to do a band thing for a long while. People coordinate projects all the time online.

I can sing and write a few things. We could really get the word out with a hit.

What do you do?

blackwrx
02-04-2008, 03:05 AM
Umm..thats a strange idea..

Mark
02-04-2008, 03:13 AM
Umm..thats a strange idea..

??? Using music to promote a cause "strange"? Have you ever listened to REAL music?

Music has been used to move the masses since like forever.

rice_classic
02-04-2008, 03:34 AM
Can you say "Bob Dylan?"

What about Christian Rock?... I'd say that has a message, even though it scares me.

Xenophage
02-04-2008, 03:54 AM
Well... I'm a big Ron Paul supporter, and I have a band that writes and records music I think you'd all enjoy.

Head over to http://www.myspace.com/redpenguinband

Listen to the song "Sheep" and think about all the people tuned into the mass media today, voting for whomever appears popular. =)

We're up on iTunes and you can order CD's of our debut EP.

We're quite short on funds for recording new material, and we're up in Alaska where its hard to get much exposure except via the Internet. I would love to be able to use my band as a vehicle for promoting freedom.

michaelwise
02-04-2008, 02:18 PM
"The R3VOLution" would be a great name for a band. I'd like the Linkin type music as a way to go.