PDA

View Full Version : Converted 3 People & Confused Obama Volunteers

RonPaulMania
02-04-2008, 02:02 AM
During the Superbowl our church had a big get-together of friends and families. I don't many people in the area so they were just talking to me during half-time. Some lady brought up that she would support McCain over Hitlery, and she didn't know what to do.

I said, "Vote for Ron Paul." She retorted, "He's an isolationist" to which I replied, "He's a non-interventionist, not an isolationist. There's a huge difference: a non-interventionist wants to trade with the world and use diplomacy, an isolationist closes in on itself economically and politically." That somewhat satisfied her...

Then she replied, "Yes, but he's against fighting the war on terror, what does he plan on doing since 9/11?" I answered, "Actually finding Osama Bin Laden and trying to focus on the people who did 9/11 instead of making up wars we can't afford with people who are no threat to our national security. Why do you think no one talks about Osama?"

2 other people were listening at the dinner table and they said in a mutual question, "Ok, if what you are saying is true, why don't I know about this? Why haven't I heard any of this?" (at this point my blood was boiling about the MSM) I replied, "He placed 2nd in Nevada, and he probably won Louisiana, but the media is hell-bent on making him appear to be a loser, to marginalize him and every time you do hear about him he's a wacko or an extremist, in reality he's the only sane one." They were all excited, so I said we need to vote for him as Catholics and they all agreed and thanked me. They asked me several more questions about him during the Superbowl and were excited to vote for him.

YES, THE MSM DOES BRAIN-WASH PEOPLE!!! Think you don't need the media, that people need to just look things up? Guess what, these are the typical 60 and older who can't use a computer and rely on the media and what they hear in Church about who is a good candidate. They OWN older people who just don't know better.

Now onto the Obama story...

2 oldish volunteers came to the door to pass out literature. I said I can't vote for Obama, and they asked why. I said taxes and the assault on personal liberties. They asked who I'm voting for and I said, "Ron Paul" and the husband said, "He dropped out" and I said that he didn't. The wife said that Paul can't win, and I said that might be so, but only because the media has black-listed him because he wants real change, not tinkering with policy and I'm voting my conscience.

The old man chimed in: "We have a good life in the U.S... whose going to pay for me and my wife without an income tax?" "Take the troops home, we'll have a trillion dollars." Now they were impressed and the wife said, "You must be an economist or something."

Then I challenged them... "Tell me, under the income tax laws is your money yours or just what they tell you is yours and that number can change every year couldn't it? If that number of what you pay can change you don't own your money, you are in effect borrowing your income until the gov't wants it back, either with a new tax or to increase the ones on the books" Both stopped and the wife said I was smart and the old man said, "But this year it's our money so I don't see the problem." So I said the state has the right to tax our inheritance so it's not ours, and they can make the taxes whatever they want and it's a complete violation of our liberties, and that Obama voted for the Pat Act continuation of gov't power over our individual rights. They were both CLEARLY shaken so bad the wife said:

"We're going to take you off our list to follow-up with you. I don't know what to say, but it makes sense and I've thought about it before." Her husband was looking down and also shaken, I asked them to vote for Paul and they thanked me and didn't know what to say.

Yes, these 2 days have allowed me to see the power and the good of the internet over the MSM B.S. None of us should care if Paul losses or wins, because it's about our freedoms and Ron Paul just stands for them. If you want to go away after Feb. 5th because Paul can't win, you forget, this is a war and it's not just one election. Ron Paul has fought for us for over 30 years, not one election. We need to fight for what's ours and most people are open to the message when presented sensibly.

andrewk78
02-04-2008, 02:06 AM
well done and well said

as someone else on here said before

+1776

nodope0695
02-04-2008, 02:06 AM
Whether its Obama, Clinton, or the other three GOP candidates, all of their supporters LIVE in a state of confusion. In fact, they revel in their ignorance.

pebcak
02-04-2008, 02:15 AM
I spoke with someone at my church today who thought that Paul had dropped out. She said that she wanted to vote for the person who was the most Libertarian. I told her the truth that he was still in but the MSM keeps him out of the news. Hopefully she'll think about Paul when it comes time for us Nebraskans to vote in May.

Oh and a big THANK YOU to the OP for helping spread the message. Nice job!

bcreps85
02-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Unfortunately this blackout is supposed to make people think that he did drop out, which is exactly why they are doing it. Well said though, and great job.

I, for one, hope that the traitors in the MSM will get capital punishment when the day of reckoning arrives.

ClayTrainor
02-04-2008, 02:33 AM
I, for one, hope that the traitors in the MSM will get capital punishment when the day of reckoning arrives.

Lol, while i dont wish death upon anyone, i would definitely like to see some criminal convictions placed upon some of them.

BreakYourChains
02-04-2008, 02:39 AM
I think we hold a great of power of the MSM. We need to hit them where it hurts - money. Cancel all subscriptions to newspapers, cable, etc. And tell them why! I wish no one ill will, but they will lose their jobs and might learn to stop being "yes" men and women in the future. Of course, the one's that own the media will not be effected much in the beginning, but we can start a snowball effect, eh? Do it!

Oh, and great job on talking to the folks! This is exactly how the snowball starts out a rolling, and it just gets bigger and bigger the more people find out they are being lied to.

bcreps85
02-04-2008, 02:39 AM
Lol, while i dont wish death upon anyone, i would definitely like to see some criminal convictions placed upon some of them.

Yeah, generally I don't. The only time I normally have thoughts like that is against rapists and murderers, but lately I've been having thoughts like this about the police officers we see abusing citizens (such as the ones who go crazy with tazers and the 6 cops who raped that woman the other day), and these people in the MSM who are effectively undermining our democracy and stealing elections...it is all criminal and I don't think petty time is going to be enough of a punishment.

Face it, rich people who get convicted aren't going to a "federal pound me in the ass prison"...they are going to a country club and will be back out to do it all over again in just a few years.

jeffhenderson
02-04-2008, 02:47 AM
From what I understand, Ron Paul's message plays REALLY well with Catholics. Anti-war and Pro-Life.

Mark
02-04-2008, 02:50 AM
Good job! Excellent! I asked for a forum for "talking points that converted" so things like you said wouldn't eventually be buried,
but I haven't seen one yet. It seems like a no brainer to me to have a place to post what works.

Mark
02-04-2008, 02:51 AM
From what I understand, Ron Paul's message plays REALLY well with Catholics. Anti-war and Pro-Life.

http://catholicsforronpaul.blogspot.com/

TheDHC
02-04-2008, 02:59 AM
my dad just called me today to tell me that on tuesday he will vote for ron paul

just wanted to fill you all in on my personal victory :D

ST0PandL00K
02-04-2008, 03:04 AM
fantastic work bud!

Akus
02-04-2008, 03:09 AM
Now onto the Obama story...

2 oldish volunteers came to the door to pass out literature. I said I can't vote for Obama, and they asked why. I said taxes and the assault on personal liberties. They asked who I'm voting for and I said, "Ron Paul" and the husband said, "He dropped out" and I said that he didn't. The wife said that Paul can't win....

So these pieces of garbage that just lied to you that Ron Paul dropped out never missed a beat and just continued to spew some idiotic bullshit about him not bein able to win, huh?

Niiiice.....

:mad:

nbhadja
02-04-2008, 03:13 AM
When talking to Obama supporters always talk about how he voted to fund the Iraqi war, wants to put troops in Pakistan even without their approval, will invade Iran, and voted for the patriot act.

QCB79
02-04-2008, 03:16 AM
wow, that was great......LOL, I feel almost like a holy roller trying to get people to convert ..

"have you accepted Ron Paul in your life?...you havent? well let me just tell you a little about Ron..." LMAO

BigRedBrent
02-04-2008, 03:43 AM

I would like to see them publicly flogged naked on the streets. Not that I want to see them naked, I just want them to feel humiliation.

bucfish
02-04-2008, 03:53 AM
Good job and wonderful post!!!

dblee
02-04-2008, 05:39 AM
I have awesome conversations like this everytime I volunteer at our local phone back. I highly recommend that those of you who enjoy spreading the message give it a shot :)

Just remember to be super polite!

One of my favorites (that I just picked up this week listening to Dr. Paul) is:

"Why on earth does the government tax your social security benefits? You pay taxes your whole life to get benefits that you get taxed on again once you recieve them."

This kind of common sense tends to throw a serious wrench in any brainwashing.

freedom-maniac
02-04-2008, 05:44 AM
I would like to see them publicly flogged naked on the streets. Not that I want to see them naked, I just want them to feel humiliation.

I prefer deportation to North Korea since they hate civil liberties and economic freedoms so much.

thehittgirl
02-04-2008, 07:04 AM
That's great! We had a confusion story too...the guy looked so dumbfounded. We were sign waving and handing out literature. A driver comes by at the stoplight all gung ho about the war,we need to win, rah etc. Hubby said, "I'll play along with you. Gas was 1.47 a gallon and 27.00 a barrel when Bush took office. It's now over 3.00 a gallon. What am I getting out of it?" The look on that guy's face was priceless.