PDA

View Full Version : Challenging HucksArmy To Debate?

ClayTrainor
02-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Hey, i was just browsing Hucks forums, and they seem to be open to alot of ron pauls ideas but, they are confused about a few things like foreign policy, economics, and the fed.

Is it possible that we could get 1 or 2 of our best debaters to challenge 1 or 2 of their best debaters, and either have a live webcam debate that all can observe or maybe some sort of forum or chatroom in which all can observe but only the debaters can post.

I think it would be very productive if we debated them in some way, shape or form and we could potentially win over some of them, once we challenge huckabee on his many flaws.

just a thought....

virginiakid
02-04-2008, 01:00 AM
I bet they will never go for it. Not only that the mods over there will delete rather quickly.

PauliticsPolitics
02-04-2008, 01:02 AM
Well, they better be supporting RP on his positions. I just watched the mtv thing, and Huck is adopting alot of the paul doctrine. So they have no choice but admit they share some views.
I think this is an ok idea, but honestly, we should wait till after tuesday. Right now we have canvass and raise money. Also, it's alot harder to convince a huck supporter than your undecided neighbor!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-04-2008, 01:04 AM
Sign me up. I will mop the floor with any of them.

Bryan
02-04-2008, 01:05 AM
I'll talk with Josh but we should be able to support this from a forum level. Maybe it'd be best if posts were made on both sites to keep the field neutral of sorts. Of course some clear ground rules would have to be set but I don't think that would be an issue. Might be best to have two rounds, one where we start off and one where they do.

Of course not much is going to happen before Wednesday. :)

LandonCook
02-04-2008, 01:05 AM
I nominate me.

I have a 100% win record at debate.com

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104177 <<<Plus!

slantedview
02-04-2008, 01:07 AM
i like this idea, but it would have to be limited to just a few people, perhaps 1 or a 2 from each side. otherwise it would get messy and confusing.

ClayTrainor
02-04-2008, 01:23 AM
I nominate me.

I have a 100% win record at debate.com

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=104177 <<<Plus!

Dude, that's one of my all time favorite threads on this entire forum!

I hereby nominate you as well :)

Cal Mabus
02-04-2008, 01:24 AM
I would like to be considered for this debate. I am a reformed confessing Christian and hold a biblical world view as might be necessary for any debate with a professing Christian.

Carole
02-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Sorry, but that is not a good idea. Never debate beneath yourself. And who would even know. It would not be televised. Waste of precious time for Dr. Paul.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-04-2008, 01:27 AM
Please post links to my Interviews... they are having a profound effect on Christians...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=109567

ClayTrainor
02-04-2008, 01:31 AM
Sorry, but that is not a good idea. Never debate beneath yourself. And who would even know. It would not be televised. Waste of precious time for Dr. Paul.

I disagree. I don't know if you've noticed but, Huck's beat us in more states than he's lost.

We could really use some of his support on our side, and I think a lot of them are so close to being paul supporters already, they just need a little nudge.

And it's rumored that huck could potentially drop out after Tuesday, so if we could get even some of hucks army to agree with us on some issues in this debate, i believe we could garnish some brand new, grassroots support.

lasenorita
02-04-2008, 01:35 AM
As long as it's respectful and focuses on the issues. (Says the one who criticizes Huckabee constantly because as personable as he is, his own record and views on the issues would make for a bad President.)

It would also be good if the chosen debaters would read up on the opposing candidate's positions and actually do a bit of in-depth research to prepare themselves for the debate. But then ...most of the people who really look into Ron Paul's stances with an open mind and take a clear look at his record will realize that he's the best candidate running. :D

May I also suggest a separate thread for all those not participating? So that, you know, we can put our decreasing-in-value-as-I-type two-cents worth in?

@Carole
Erm... what? O.o Huckabee supporters are misinformed about Ron Paul and his message. At the very least, we should correct their misconceptions and share the message of liberty and prosperity. And in case you haven't noticed, the rEVOLution isn't being televised. *le sigh*

zakkubin
02-04-2008, 01:44 AM
If you guys want to debate people for no purpose go to Facebook and join a group called
" ron paul is a lunatic "

I warn you these guys suffer from " group think "

Be prepared to defend "we the people" and "Ron Paul is a racist" as well as 10 - 1 odds. ( group is about 5,000 in size ) And these guys never seem to sleep...

They seem to mostly be Obama supporters.

Yes it's a waste... BUT they seem to be consumed with spreading propaganda about Paul which is not good. They even have a fast response where they help friends in debates all over the web. They basically just gang up on lone paul people and insult them...
So it could be argued we should attack the "source" of the lies.

ClayTrainor
02-04-2008, 02:15 AM
blimp!

N13
02-04-2008, 02:26 AM
Hucks army couldn't post their way out of a wet paper bag.

ClayTrainor
02-04-2008, 02:34 AM
Hucks army couldn't post their way out of a wet paper bag.

Sounds like a challenge to me :) Hopefully someone from Huck's Army checks out this thread!

dblee
02-04-2008, 06:07 AM
Although it may not help either campaign much in the long run, it sure seems like it would be a lot of fun! Even political activists need to blow off a little steam!

I think as long as we keep it civil and polite, with a co-moderation team from each forum, it would be informative and great for all.

We all know we're right anyway so no one here is going to change their minds over it :)

I would like to be on the team as well. I have a decent knowledge of scripture, politics, and history. Hopefully some of the regulars from the chat room would vouch that I can hold my own in a reasoned argument.

Danny Molina
02-04-2008, 06:18 AM
How about each forum nominates 2 or 3 representatives to debate in a forum they can only post on but everyone can read?

jarofclay
02-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Lets create a new forum with one of our mods and one of theirs.

http://ronandmike2008.com

or something

ClayTrainor
02-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Lets create a new forum with one of our mods and one of theirs.

http://ronandmike2008.com

or something

I like it.

Bump, for the evening folks to share their opinion on this :)

icon124
02-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Do It!!!!!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I want to carry the banner for Ron on foreign policy. I know the issues inside and out.

adam1mc
02-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Is it possible that we could get 1 or 2 of our best debaters to challenge 1 or 2 of their best debaters, and either have a live webcam debate that all can observe or maybe some sort of forum or chatroom in which all can observe but only the debaters can post.

Would they be called "Master Debaters"? :confused:

Vet_from_cali
02-04-2008, 05:31 PM
i dont think they would have the guts too. some of the people here would just embarrass them alot of different topics.

jarofclay
02-04-2008, 05:38 PM
I think people are a little preoccupied with the Super Tuesday looming. Lets see what the aftermath brings. The candidate pool might find us sans Mike.