PDA

View Full Version : I am TIRED of this...

PauliticsPolitics
02-04-2008, 12:53 AM
WAKE UP-
Nobody is coordinating in here for the money train. I am going to spend most of TODAY, day 4, finding donors for paul. Since no one else is interested in this money train project, it will be interesting to see how much $$ i can attract in one day. If I am wrong, and you are doing something, please post here so we can coordinate.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
02-04-2008, 01:06 AM
We need to win a few states on Tues. That will turn the tide.

JK/SEA
02-04-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm hoping for spontaneous bomb on the 4th-5th...

21 canon salute for Ron. For us. For the United States.

BreakYourChains
02-04-2008, 01:07 AM
Bump for money for Paul! We need to raise $8.4 million like he asked from us!

Bilgefisher
02-04-2008, 01:14 AM
To be honest, folks are busy canvassing and getting ready for super Tuesday.

PauliticsPolitics
02-04-2008, 01:20 AM
To be honest, folks are busy canvassing and getting ready for super Tuesday.

Yes, i know this. But some of us who are able to sacrifice sleep need to work overtime. This is my plea. RP's "going for the gold" graph makes me sad.

UnitedWeStand
02-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Maybe we should start a thread asking why people arent donating. Shine some "sunshine" on their reasoning and allow a debate about the reasons. If I give any more money right now, Ill be endangering my own finances. I suspect this is probably true for everyone around here except for the "HQ sux" crowd.

Also, have we posted anything on the other ronpaul forum? www.ronpaulforum.com , I think.

PauliticsPolitics
02-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Maybe we should start a thread asking why people arent donating. Shine some "sunshine" on their reasoning and allow a debate about the reasons. If I give any more money right now, Ill be endangering my own finances. I suspect this is probably true for everyone around here except for the "HQ sux" crowd.

Also, have we posted anything on the other ronpaul forum? www.ronpaulforum.com , I think.

I'm with you. I am tapped out $1200 style. But there are new donors out there who will donate some money if we find them and ask. it's not too hard.

noztnac
02-04-2008, 01:48 AM
Yes, i know this. But some of us who are able to sacrifice sleep need to work overtime. This is my plea. RP's "going for the gold" graph makes me sad.

It says 5 million by the 5th. That amount has been reached. I'm much more concerned with Super Tuesday.

PauliticsPolitics
02-04-2008, 01:52 AM
It says 5 million by the 5th. That amount has been reached. I'm much more concerned with Super Tuesday.

I know it seems like a technicality, but it's a 5mil BOOST by feb 5th. We started with 3.4mil. That's why the graph goes up to 8.4 mil. It is confusing, I admit.

UnitedWeStand
02-04-2008, 02:04 AM
I know it seems like a technicality, but it's a 5mil BOOST by feb 5th. We started with 3.4mil. That's why the graph goes up to 8.4 mil. It is confusing, I admit.

So lets write and ask for them to change the confusing widget, eh? Im going to do that right now...something like Ron Paul still needs 3 million to run ads in super tuesday states!

UnitedWeStand
02-04-2008, 02:10 AM
My letter=

On Ronpaulforums I have seen that several people have misunderstood the donation widget to mean that the campaign was only seeking 5 million, and has thus reached the goal. Please, please change the graphic to something like , Ron Paul still needs __ to run ads in super tuesday states! And, while I have you here, I think the vertical donation graphic is much better. The horizontal one has apparently confused people, while the vertical one still says "im not full yet"=)

Thank you!

PauliticsPolitics
02-04-2008, 02:29 AM
My letter=

On Ronpaulforums I have seen that several people have misunderstood the donation widget to mean that the campaign was only seeking 5 million, and has thus reached the goal. Please, please change the graphic to something like , Ron Paul still needs __ to run ads in super tuesday states! And, while I have you here, I think the vertical donation graphic is much better. The horizontal one has apparently confused people, while the vertical one still says "im not full yet"=)

Thank you!

rock!

Pauls' Revere
02-04-2008, 02:40 AM
I'm with you. I am tapped out $1200 style. But there are new donors out there who will donate some money if we find them and ask. it's not too hard.

How about our international Patriots? Is there a way they can donate?

BigRedBrent
02-04-2008, 02:51 AM
[edited for quote]

Some of you may be concerned about the chances the republicans have against the democrats in the coming elections, and rightfully so. I personally am disgusted with the lesser of two evils arguments. But for the first time in a long time we no longer need to make that choice. In fact this time if the republicans want to win we must not make that choice.

Lets "really" talk about chances for a moment.

A lot of people say they don't want to waste a vote on a loser. Well, did they really think about that when they said it? Did they even consider the chances a pro war candidate has against the proclaimed anti war democrats?

If anyone but Ron Paul wins the republican nomination then this entire country would galvanize against the republicans just to make sure that they do not win. Think about it, what chance do they even remotely have against that other then using mass vote fraud?

Supporters of the other republican presidential candidates are doomed to lose, and have no choice but to support Ron Paul if they don't want a democrat as a president. This is a simple fact. The other republican candidates can not beat the democrats. No way it could be done.

Please, why don't people at the very least understand this? If Ron Paul does not get the republican nomination we WILL have a democrat as our next president! Plain and simple. Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate that has the slightest chance of beating the democrats.

I am sure the major media corporations know that John McCain hasn't a chance against the democrats. But yet he still gets free press when he can't even fund his own campaign. If we do not do something about this we will have a democrat for a president forced upon us weather we like it or not.

I myself, will not be voting for a loser. That is why I will be voting for Ron Paul, so that my vote will NOT be wasted.

A lot of the republican presidential candidates reminisce and talk about Ronald Reagan in speeches and debates. But I bet they didn't know that Reagan had something to say about Ron Paul.
This is a quote from Ronald Reagan:
"Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country."

Ron Paul was one of only four congressman that endorsed Ronald Reagan for president in 1976. Reagan also campaigned for Ron Paul two years later. During his ten terms in congress, Ron Paul's impeccably consistent voting record without a doubt proves he is a genuine conservative, and an honest politician if one ever existed. If anyone has the right to claim Reagan like qualities it would be Ron Paul. I can not say for sure, but my guess is that if Reagan was alive today, he would continue to endorse Ron Paul.

nobody's_hero
02-04-2008, 06:51 AM
How about our international Patriots? Is there a way they can donate?

They can support the unofficial fundraisers. The Ron Paul blimp ran out of funding, it needs to go back up the air but the last time I checked, they wanted to make sure they had enough money to keep it afloat (the waiting and nail-biting every time the money started drying up was getting old, I must admit).

They can also check out Ron Paul Racing, and the Ron Paul Newspaper. Neither of these are doing that well and could use the help.

Thanks to all of our outside friends who are trying to spread Ron's message!

tommyzDad
02-04-2008, 06:53 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's not paid until the 5th! I cannot donate until then.

bucfish
02-04-2008, 08:21 AM
I sent a request out to all my contacts and hopefully they pass it on. What is keeping people from maxing out??? Do they not realize Freedom isn't free? Our forefathers fought and died for this country and we now see it overan by lobbyist, special interests, a control-freak bureacrats politicians that want nothing more than complete control over our lifes. What good and how much would that $2300 be in a few months anyway???

Quick
02-04-2008, 09:12 AM
The money isn't going to come in if Paul doesn't win anything on Feb 5th.

People who are on the fence about donating don't want to "waste" their money. I'm not saying that is a logical way to approach it, but unless he starts winning some states, people aren't going to donate. You'll just have the hardcore base donating then (as we're somewhat seeing now).

Wendi
02-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Sorry for spending time walking my precinct and making phone calls instead of posting on the internet. I apparently made the mistake of thinking we were trying to win an election, not a posting contest :rolleyes:

amistybleu
02-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Sorry for spending time walking my precinct and making phone calls instead of posting on the internet. I apparently made the mistake of thinking we were trying to win an election, not a posting contest :rolleyes:

+1 WE MUST OVERCOME THE DAMAGE THAT MSM HAS DONE. CANVASS, RUN AS A DELEGATE FOR YOUR PRECINCT, and then donate if you can.

spudea
02-04-2008, 11:28 AM
8.4 mill in a little over a month is a very ambitious goal. And they haven't added offline donations in a while. 5.2 mill in a month is very good considering the dissappointing finishes RP has had.

A. Havnes
02-04-2008, 11:49 AM

I'm unemployed right now and have only a few hundred dollars left, so I can't moneybomb at the moment, but I sure can encourage others to do so.

Sey.Naci
02-04-2008, 12:08 PM
People in here talking about "disappointing finishes" is beginning to infuriate me.

Do you not realize that first-place finishes have been STOLEN from him?

That he did indeed finish first in Louisiana?
That Maine was his until the McWar & Mitt campaigns began their dirty tricks (and that, even so, RP likely WON in terms of delegates)?
That Nevada and Hawaii, too, may also be his in terms of delegates?

I could go on and on.

The problem is that people here are buying the MSM reports of what's happening. They're buying into the notion that GOP caucus straw poll results matter, when in fact they've been stacked. But these results only matter BECAUSE the MSM have said they do.

Are we going to buy that message?!?! Looks like some here are.

EDA: See this latest (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=111258) about Maine.

Brutus
02-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I donated today, but I had to make a quarterly EXTORTION payment (I mean tax payment) on January 15th and that sucked me dry until probably March, only a month from when Uncle Sugar will want another 20 lbs of flesh.

Brutus
02-04-2008, 01:09 PM
This was always going to be a very steep uphill battle, guys. Only someone not understanding the size of the tumor killing our country and the number of places it has metastasized to could have any expectation for an easy victory.

You young guys bring lots of enthusiasm with you, and that is great, but you're hardly the first group of people to see the problem and try to do something about it. Give some of us old geezers a bit of credit for being on board long before a year ago.

This is NOT a sprint. This is a multi-year marathon. If Dr. Ron doesn't get the nomination and we all go our separate ways then there will be NOTHING to show for this past year's work. We have to BUILD on this, every year. Even if he does win the nomination our work is far from done.

ConstitutionReinstitution
02-04-2008, 07:27 PM
I also was fooled by the widget. I thought we had already met the 5 mil goal.

So I just kicked in a(nother) $100.

Thanks for the heads up.

LukeNM
02-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey, if you are not maxed out and you have the cash you should be donating! Don't let us carry you on our backs... I maxed out on MLK now it is your turn. What are you going to do that is this important with the money anyway?

Soccrmastr
02-04-2008, 11:37 PM
How about the plan is to just donate now, when you have the money.. we dont need more moneybombs.

josh24601
02-05-2008, 12:13 AM
WTF do you expect us to do, print money?

rprprs
02-05-2008, 08:00 AM
WTF do you expect us to do, print money?

LOL. What a preposterous idea. Really, who would do such a thing?;)

tommyzDad
02-05-2008, 09:04 AM
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/6048/ronpaulmydonation025febsp1.jpg
Donated my $100.00.

pacelli
02-05-2008, 10:05 AM
http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/6048/ronpaulmydonation025febsp1.jpg
Donated my $100.00.

Thank you!!! You are a true patriot!

tommyzDad
02-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the sentiment. I'm just trying to protect my son from mccain.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1640/magcoverlg11f3dc0ax6.jpg