PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about Washington Caucus

LibertiORDeth
02-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Although I cannot vote, I am taking my parents and sister to vote. I have a friend who lives about an hour away, and have just emailed his county's chairmen to find out the location of his caucus.
The problem is, he was late in registering, and says that there is no way he can register now. Is this true, or can he register at the caucus? I am attempting to make him go him anyways, since his parents and cousins can vote.
Another problem is that my sister is 17, and her birthday is in July. Can she still vote, since she will be 18 before the general election?

hellsingfan
02-04-2008, 09:25 AM
About your friend. ---When did he register? The thing is he must have an active voter status by the day of the caucus.

One easy way to check this is: http://wei.secstate.wa.gov/WEI/OSOS/VoterVault/

You need his last name, first name, and date of birth. To check the status. When you enter this just look at "voter status". If it is active, then he is good to go!! IF he is not active, then he MUST go to the county election office, TODAY Feb 4 is the LAST Day, and register there.

Just a reminder to everyone: Feb 4 is the Last Day to register if you want to participate in caucus and primary. But you must go to the county election office!!! So if you know people who aren't registered take them to the county election office TODAY, and they can vote!!!

About your sister. ---YES she can vote!

Zym
02-08-2008, 03:39 PM
hellsingfan is correct. All you need to participate in the caucus is a voter registration card. And you need to show up in person at your local county/city building, call first to make sure your at the right place. They can issue a card right there. Do it TODAY. As we speak, I'm getting ready to drive two of my neighbors in to get their cards so they ca caucus.