PDA

View Full Version : Is Anyone Else SERIOUSLY Stoked About the Amazon Kindle?

BuddyRey
02-03-2008, 11:48 PM
I mean, I'm about as far from being a "techie" as anyone you could meet, but I plan to snatch up this baby the minute the price drops a bit. Morning papers, real-time blog feeds, and a screen that looks very easy on the eyes.

Too bad they don't have Lew Rockwell or Rawstory yet. :confused:

hypnagogue
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
I'd love to have one. But there's a lot of things I'd love to have...

ronpauleddy
02-03-2008, 11:51 PM
I mean, I'm about as far from being a "techie" as anyone you could meet, but I plan to snatch up this baby the minute the price drops a bit. Morning papers, real-time blog feeds, and a screen that looks very easy on the eyes.

Too bad they don't have Lew Rockwell or Rawstory yet. :confused:

Amazon kindle?? please explain!

heath.whiteaker
02-03-2008, 11:52 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Amazons-Wireless-Reading-Device/dp/B000FI73MA

jgmaynard
02-04-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm trying to get the books I publish on there, but the automatic system for doing so isn't all it is cracked up to be... :)

JM

RonRules
02-04-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm trying to get the books I publish on there, but the automatic system for doing so isn't all it is cracked up to be... :)

JM

Are you trying to publish books about Ron Paul :))

Kregener
02-04-2008, 12:07 PM
No thanks.

asgardshill
02-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Oy - the thing costs four bills WHEN YOU CAN GET IT which you can't right now. Wireless reading terminals and padds have come and gone and none of them have caught fire with the public yet. Pass on this one - give me a good old fashioned dead-tree paperback for bathroom reading.

clouds
02-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I'd rather a real book.

drpiotrowski
02-04-2008, 12:43 PM
I'd have to see how it reads first. They say it's as good as paper, but I have my doubts.

werdd
02-04-2008, 12:51 PM
ive had this idea for years..... should of patented.

asgardshill
02-04-2008, 12:59 PM
ive had this idea for years..... should of patented.

My "stolen invention" was nowhere near as grandiose as yours, but yes I should have patented it too. 15 years ago, I had an idea for a way to cook bacon in a microwave - I even built a prototype which worked great and that I still use. Never patented it, never pursued protecting the idea. And fast-forward to 5 years ago - Wal Mart carries a gizmo that looks almost exactly like my original design. Some kid came up with the idea and is probably making a mint off of it. Yes, I am an idiot :)

amy31416
02-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Think I'll just take my $400, go to a used book store and come home with 400 or more books.

They don't break if I drop them, I can make notes in the margins and I don't need any network to read them. Plus, I can give them to someone who needs some learnin' ;)

Elephant
02-04-2008, 01:38 PM
It looks nice but . . . you have to buy their books to put in it right? I think they should give this thing away, they'll make their money off the books you buy.
The only time I like to read a book on a computer screen is when it's free.