PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots Project - Sweet article needs a new title, re-written and funded by 9:00am

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-03-2008, 11:45 PM
This is a series of 3 NEWS releases that are schedule for
distribution tomorrow (Monday) morning.

I think a good title is:

'Fed' up with Health Care?!

Here's the article and it's awesome.

http://en.epochtimes.com/news/8-2-1/65164.html

FSP-Rebel
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Like the title, sorry I can't be of more help--I'm drunk and blownout.

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-04-2008, 02:43 AM
Is there no one who'd like to re-write this article?

Mark
02-04-2008, 03:36 AM
Is there no one who'd like to re-write this article?

That would be something important to do - not a new youtube to watch or the latest Digg, and you expect the majority to care?

Why does it need to be rewritten?

Mark
02-04-2008, 03:44 AM
Here's a start - but I'm like way tired - I wish you had posted this with a little lead-time.

As health care becomes more expensive and controlled through red tape and regulations,
many people are beginning to notice the real need for freedom to make their own decisions
without permission from their insurance company or the government.

According to Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, a Republican presidential candidate,
"Health care should not be left up to HMOs, big drug companies, and government bureaucrats."

If healthcare bureaucracies were unempowered,
responsibility for health would reside where it belongs—in the people's hands.

Dr Paul's health-care plan includes:

1. Making all medical expenses tax-deductible.

2. Eliminating federal regulations that discourage small businesses from providing coverage.

3. Giving doctors the freedom to collectively negotiate with insurance companies to drive down the cost of medical care.

4. Making every American eligible for a Health Savings Account (HSA),
and removing the requirement that individuals must obtain a high-deductible insurance policy before opening an HSA.

5. Reform licenser requirements so that pharmacists and nurses can perform some basic functions
to increase access to care and to lower costs.

HMOs and other insurance companies limit the doctors a person may choose from, and in most cases,
doctors of alternative medicine are not included.

Under Dr Paul's plan, a family paying $1,000 a month for insurance could put that money in an HSA,
choose their own doctor, acupuncturist, chiropractor, or other licensed health-care provider,
and negotiate costs with them.

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-04-2008, 03:49 AM
because we don't have permission to redistribute it yet.
Plus, a 'news release' about Health Care would be picked
up 10x more than a 'press release' about Dr. Paul.
(of course Ron and his views are mentioned in the 'news
release' as the solution, but he isn't the center of attention)

BreakYourChains
02-04-2008, 03:51 AM
bump

Mark
02-04-2008, 04:01 AM
"Personal Health Care Choices Under Attack"

As health care becomes more expensive and controlled through red tape and regulations,
many people are beginning to recognize a real need for the personal freedom to make their own decisions
about their health care, without first having to seek the permission of their insurance company or the government.

According to Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, a Republican 2008 Presidential Candidate,
"Health care should not be left up to HMOs, big drug companies, and government bureaucrats."

Paul believes that if health care bureaucracies were unempowered,
responsibility for health would reside where it belongs—in the people's hands.

Candidate Paul, a Medical Doctor by trade, has issued a health care reform platform that includes:

1. Making all medical expenses tax-deductible.

2. Eliminating federal regulations that discourage small businesses from providing coverage.

3. Giving doctors the freedom to collectively negotiate with insurance companies to drive down the cost of medical care.

4. Making every American eligible for a Health Savings Account (HSA),
and removing the requirement that individuals must obtain a high-deductible insurance policy before opening an HSA.

5. Reform licenser requirements so that pharmacists and nurses can perform some basic functions
to increase access to care and to lower costs.

HMOs and other insurance companies limit the doctors a person may choose from, and in most cases,
doctors of alternative medicine are not included.

Under Dr Paul's plan, a family paying $1,000 a month for insurance could put that money in an HSA,
choose their own doctor, acupuncturist, chiropractor, or other licensed health-care provider,
and negotiate costs and payments with them.

In order to become more independent from the current system, today millions of Americans are assuming responsibility
for their own health by researching treatments and taking dietary supplements.

One major threat to personal health freedoms is the Codex Alimentarius Commission,
which is being enforced by the World Trade Organization (WTO).

It aims to regulate the strength of vitamins, and also their availability by forcing all countries
that are members of the WTO to distribute them by prescription only.

Notably, in Congress, Dr Ron Paul has always done his best to protect personal health freedoms,
such as introducing the "Health Freedom Act H.R. 2117",
and supporting the "Access to Medical Treatment Act, H.R. 2717",
"which expands the ability of Americans to use alternative medicine and new treatments."

Congressman Paul also opposes legislation increasing the FDA's legal powers, stating that the
"FDA has consistently failed to protect the public from dangerous drugs, genetically modified foods,
dangerous pesticides, and other chemicals in the food supply, while they waste public funds attacking safe,
healthy foods and dietary supplements."

Mark
02-04-2008, 04:41 AM
I think I'm done tweaking. Too tired. Too much to do. Time to start the new day. Places to go, people to meet.

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-04-2008, 12:56 PM
I think I'm done tweaking. Too tired. Too much to do. Time to start the new day. Places to go, people to meet.

Awesome!

It's 418 words, so I'll shave a few more.

Great work

Hunter

p.s. For anyone reading this, we still have time to get this out to
60,000 writers and journalist before tomorrow (30 minute turn around
once we have the $415. Here's the chip we created:
http://freedomfighters.chipin.com/national-distribution-of-grassroots-press-release-to-60000-journalist-and-writes