PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is Gone?

fxmercenary
02-03-2008, 11:42 PM
I cant find anything anywhere, CNN, FOX, Newspapers, TV.

Hes being completely erased by the media, like he doesnt even exist.

-He kicked butt in Q4

-He has the most Military support from donors

-He has the most Cash on Hand

-He is for ending the war, 75% of Americans want this.

What the HELL is going on?!

Can they do this? Can they really get away with doing this?!

What is it going to take? Money? That doesnt seem to be the issue...

So what do we do, what few options are we left with? Hes doing better than Huckabee, but he is being included.

When is enough enough? When do we get up, out of our chairs, and actually really do something about it.

And what do we do, what does it take, what needs to be done so they get the message, our message, the message of real freedom, the message the people have been waiting for and need to hear? [redacted by Moderator]
The Media has silenced the message of freedom to the people, by the people, and for the people.

[redacted by Moderator]

walt
02-03-2008, 11:43 PM
You mean Jessie Benton is incompetent? Yes. Why not focus on the root cause of this problem.

thoughtbombing
02-03-2008, 11:43 PM
He's not winning primaries... get out the vote, it's more important than get out the 24/7 news media... what did people do before the media was a 24/7 entity?

Try doing that.

AlexMerced
02-03-2008, 11:44 PM
He's not winning primaries... get out the vote, it's more important than get out the 24/7 news media... what did people do before the media was a 24/7 entity?

Try doing that.

FTW

virginiakid
02-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Like Ghandi said They will first ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you and they you win. How true those words are. I think they are laughing, ignoring and fighting us. So what is next?

thoughtbombing
02-03-2008, 11:45 PM
You mean Jessie Benton is incompetent? Yes. Why not focus on the root cause of this problem.

you've never heard Jesse Benton go head to head with a Congressman in support of Obama on the radio, have you? I heard him completely dress down a Congressman in support of Obama on the radio once and I was sold. Jesse Benton is not the problem, he's one of the best people on the team.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 11:48 PM
It's because the last minute strategy is WORKING... we're going to the Whitehouse folks. At the very least we're getting the VP spot, but I think we're getting the #1 post. This is how he's ran every election for Congress, and he's doing it again... Please donate today...

BreakYourChains
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Yes, he is being blacklisted by the mainstream newspapers and the mainstream media. They are all owned by the same people, and if one were to do a huge flowchart, one would probably find that the boards of directors of the Fed banks, the military industrial companies, the media, the newspapers and the drug companies are all the same several hundred people. So, they are not going to allow us any coverage. They will stop at nothing to stop us.

Keep working and keep fighting for truth! We are winners already! And, you can still find ap articles by going to http://news.google.com. Put in what you are searching for. I just searched for Ron Paul, and came up with this page.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=ron+paul&btnG=Search+News

literatim
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
They tried the attack stage, didn't work out so well for them.

pacelli
02-03-2008, 11:52 PM

We've been calling for a change there for months. No sense in people getting their hopes up for Tuesday.

We did get this, though. Update from campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0nJH6zB9VM

pacelli
02-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Like Ghandi said They will first ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you and they you win. How true those words are. I think they are laughing, ignoring and fighting us. So what is next?

Unfortunately Tuesday is going to be a rough experience for all of us. I suspect Tuesday we'll still be experiencing their BS attack phase :( :( I wish there was something we could do about it.

Mattsa
02-03-2008, 11:54 PM

-He kicked butt in Q4

So what do we do, what few options are we left with? Hes doing better than Huckabee, but he is being included.

When is enough enough? When do we get up, out of our chairs, and actually really do something about it.

And what do we do, what does it take, what needs to be done so they get the message, our message, the message of real freedom, the message the people have been waiting for and need to hear? [redacted by Moderator]
The Media has silenced the message of freedom to the people, by the people, and for the people.
[redacted by Moderator]

Well I feel totally different

I'm not feeling down about the disappointing early primaries. The message is strong. People are still listening. He's had some great endorsements recently. There's a lot of dissatisfaction in the Republican Party, some of which will play into the hands of Ron Paul. The list goes on

Most importantly, the global financial situation is a shambles. The banking system is teetering on the edge of insolvency. The Fed is in BIG trouble.

All of this will help Ron paul

Be patient

Don't lose hope

Keep plugging for Ron Paul

pacelli
02-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Exactly, they are going to keep the blackout going for as long as the fed keeps having problems -- they know it is private and they do not want the public demanding a return to gold standard bill.

RickyJ
02-03-2008, 11:56 PM
It's because the last minute strategy is WORKING... we're going to the Whitehouse folks. At the very least we're getting the VP spot, but I think we're getting the #1 post. This is how he's ran every election for Congress, and he's doing it again... Please donate today...

What is the last minute strategy? It is not a secret is it?

fxmercenary
02-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Look at us, "Vote" Get out and "Vote"

I voted, im in Florida, a bunch of other people voted too, its funny you know, talking to people at work, finding out they voted for "John McCain" I ask them why, and they dont really know, they dont really have an answer. "I Like Him" or "I agree with his message"

"What message is that?" I ask

"I dunno, he just seems like a stong leader." they say

I mean, what right do they have even voting? What purpose does it serve if they dont even know what they are voting for?

Look at the elderly... It seems to me that they have it in their minds, that they can decide the fate of young people. If they vote for McCain, and we go into Iran, How many kids did you just kill old man? How many lives are you permitted to end pre-maturely so you can continue to rot away in a nursing home.

It makes no sense to me when i ask myself these questions. "What Right?"

Being a young American and seeing people sheep their lives away clueless to reality makes me question everything, I question my parents, my family, my friends, everyone! I laid the views of each candidate on the table, they are all republicans, and they decided on McCain? My cousin just got back from Iraq, he told them how bad it was, they didnt even want him to go, but its ok if they send someone they dont know or arent related to?

The only conclusion that i draw from asking these questions is one.

Americans are Selfish.

danda
Welcome to libertarianism.

bcreps85
I think the basic fact is they threw him a bone when they didn't consider him a threat...he was a dark horse, a fringe candidate, and he was going to drop out before Super Tuesday. He hasn't though...and he's starting to get second in a few states, he raised a ton of money, is getting tons of military support, etc etc. He's building up steam and he isn't going away...they started by ridiculing us and now that we aren't going away they are going to try to ignore us. At this point we pay for advertising and do everything we can...

Captain America
network

fxmercenary
02-04-2008, 12:02 AM
I mean, look at this...

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/

They can show a picture of Edwars, with "Out" next to him, but they cant put in a picture of Ron Paul? THEY ARE SCUM.

pacelli
02-04-2008, 12:08 AM
I mean, look at this...

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/

They can show a picture of Edwars, with "Out" next to him, but they cant put in a picture of Ron Paul? THEY ARE SCUM.

They ARE scum. Ooo great, Jack Cafferty gave us a nice media blitz a few weeks ago. But is Jack standing up for Dr. Paul? Is Jack demanding that he be given equal time? No, he isn't. Because Jack needs his job.

Let's just put this all into perspective.

This campaign is literally fighting the establishment. One of those establishments is mainstream network media. They hate Ron Paul for calling 'bullshit', so they've decided to just swing McCain's veto pen. If that man gets in office, he's going to veto your freedom. And that is exactly what the establishment intends to do. It will be no different than with Hillary.

JohnnyWrath
02-04-2008, 12:08 AM
for awhile the media had article after article...we kept posting them here to discuss....obviously now....total blackout...why?

The answer is obvious, we are doing MUCH better than anyone would have thought. The powers that be know that delegates are what counts...not happy time vote counts....think about it, this is actually weird as fuck...the media all of the sudden won't even talk bad about him...won't even mention his name at all if possible....it's a good sign to me...they realize the power this movement has....if you think reporters and articles are not censored by the owners etc, then start researching...it is true.

what did people do before the media was a 24/7 entity?

Newspapers have been around since the country was founded....they did the same thing the TV media does now....the internet is fucking them all up because it is global....United States rules and regulations don't apply so easy when other countries of the world are involved.....I can get my news from the UK if I want...they are having a hard time trying to censor the internets content, but they are trying.....trouble is that every single person sitting at home in countries across the world can post information the whole world can see....the internet is the first media where truth prevailed.

kyleAF
02-04-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm optimistic for the message.

I'm pessimistic for the country.

Ron Paul Fan
02-04-2008, 12:18 AM
I don't know why you don't understand this. Ron Paul hasn't won a thing. If he had won a state, he would have gotten coverage. People would have been stunned. But he's been irrelevant in most of the primaries so he's irrelevant in the coverage. No surprise really.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-04-2008, 12:21 AM
I don't know why you don't understand this. Ron Paul hasn't won a thing. If he had won a state, he would have gotten coverage. People would have been stunned. But he's been irrelevant in most of the primaries so he's irrelevant in the coverage. No surprise really.

We Won LA, and that is straight from Ron's mouth on Friday in Denver, and I believe him over the reports.

pacelli
02-04-2008, 12:23 AM
We Won LA, and that is straight from Ron's mouth on Friday in Denver, and I believe him over the reports.

Exactly. The only source we can believe right now is the campaign when it comes to our standings.

literatim
02-04-2008, 12:24 AM

We have the most state delegates in Nevada, we won Louisiana, and from all accounts we will have the most state delegates in Maine. Further, when the entire LA thing gets settled, the entire pro-life/pro-family slate in LA will be stripped of all its state delegates. What do you mean we haven't won anything?

These straw polls mean absolutely nothing in the scheme of things and the media wouldn't report it if we came in first! For heaven's sake, they said McCain came in 2nd in the Nevada straw poll when Ron Paul did!

fj45lvr
02-04-2008, 12:31 AM

this is complete BS...they give TONS of coverage to others that were just as equally "irrelevant". Unless you are going to put stock in the corporate "pollsters" (paid shills of the people that pull the strings)

Paul has several strikes against him: messing with the Federal Reserve, ending the profits from the "war" and not continuing to finance Zionist expansion of the occupied territories.

those 3 things alone will get you "blacklisted".

JohnnyWrath
02-04-2008, 12:33 AM
I don't know why you don't understand this. Ron Paul hasn't won a thing. If he had won a state, he would have gotten coverage.

Rudy and Fred sure got plenty of coverage....what did they win?

Ron Paul Fan
02-04-2008, 12:50 AM
You're right about Rudy and Fred. They didn't win a thing either and should have been treated as such. That's just the media playing up the popular candidates though. Nothing you can really do about that. They're going to cover who they want to cover and they'll be biased towards whoever they want. It might not be fair, but I'm guessing you don't want the government coming in and telling them what and who they have to give press to.

Paul got a ton of media interviews from Meet the Press to The Tonight Show to Face the Nation and he just didn't catch on. The majority of the Republican base hates him. And last I saw, John McCain won Lousiana. Paul finished a distant 2nd in Nevada and a distant 2nd or 3rd in Maine. I don't think he's won a state yet.

Mark
02-04-2008, 01:05 AM
for awhile the media had article after article...we kept posting them here to discuss....obviously now....total blackout...why?

The answer is obvious, we are doing MUCH better than anyone would have thought. The powers that be know that delegates are what counts...not happy time vote counts....think about it, this is actually weird as fuck...the media all of the sudden won't even talk bad about him...won't even mention his name at all if possible....it's a good sign to me...they realize the power this movement has....if you think reporters and articles are not censored by the owners etc, then start researching...it is true.

Newspapers have been around since the country was founded....they did the same thing the TV media does now....the internet is fucking them all up because it is global....United States rules and regulations don't apply so easy when other countries of the world are involved.....

I can get my news from the UK if I want...they are having a hard time trying to censor the internets content, but they are trying.....trouble is that every single person sitting at home in countries across the world can post information the whole world can see....the internet is the first media where truth prevailed.

Yeah, they'd have to start cutting undersea cables and the like to stop the Internet.

Strange though, 3 major cables were cut by accident very recently. Just a coincidence I'm sure. Tehran, Iran is cut off. It was an accident though.

280Z28
02-04-2008, 01:12 AM
You're right about Rudy and Fred. They didn't win a thing either and should have been treated as such. That's just the media playing up the popular candidates though. Nothing you can really do about that. They're going to cover who they want to cover and they'll be biased towards whoever they want. It might not be fair, but I'm guessing you don't want the government coming in and telling them what and who they have to give press to.

Paul got a ton of media interviews from Meet the Press to The Tonight Show to Face the Nation and he just didn't catch on. The majority of the Republican base hates him. And last I saw, John McCain won Lousiana. Paul finished a distant 2nd in Nevada and a distant 2nd or 3rd in Maine. I don't think he's won a state yet.

You have a few things to learn.

1) No matter how well Paul does, it won't be reported.
2) Even though we won LA and ME, you'll see the reports list the straw poll results and don't mention the delegate situation. It's a convenient way to portray a loss even when we won. Paul could easily have over 60 delegates from the states completed so far. You need to stop "checking" results because you're getting wrong info.

gerryb
02-04-2008, 01:15 AM
And last I saw, John McCain won Lousiana. Paul finished a distant 2nd in Nevada and a distant 2nd or 3rd in Maine. I don't think he's won a state yet.

I'm still baffled by the complete ignorance I find in our own ranks.

I expect to have misunderstanding among the general voting public about how the delegate situation works, and that the straw polls the media quotes mean nothing, but I find it hard to believe someone with 2800 posts here is still in complete ignorance over the rules.

nbhadja
02-04-2008, 01:19 AM

Ron Paul has gotten by far less media time than the other candidates.

2nd, you don't understand the process. It's all about DELEGATES! Those useless straw polls that the media reported on Utah and the other states don't count for jack.
RP will win LA once they get his delegates counted (who were illegally kicked out), and unlike most of Mitt's supporters in Utah, RP's supporters actually ran for delegate spots. RP also won Maine with the most delegates, that straw poll they reported doesn't count for anything.

He is doing well so far.

driller80545
02-04-2008, 01:29 AM
The media will never report any RP victory because he wants us to "surrender to the terrorists". And a large part of the general public believe that stupid shit too.

Ron Paul Fan
02-04-2008, 01:34 AM
I'm still baffled by the complete ignorance I find in our own ranks.

I expect to have misunderstanding among the general voting public about how the delegate situation works, and that the straw polls the media quotes mean nothing, but I find it hard to believe someone with 2800 posts here is still in complete ignorance over the rules.

The media reports whoever wins the vote. That's just the way it is. Hillary was declared the winner in NV, yet Obama finished with more delegates. Those two tied for delegates in NH, but Hillary was the comeback kid. I know it's about delegates and John McCain has many more than Paul does and he's going to win the biggest winner take all states on Tuesday. The ignorance is in the people who think there's some great media conspiracy here and those who think Paul can win a brokered convention.

Mark
02-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Truth will not be silenced. The silence you hear is the calm before the storm. There is no escape for the wicked.

affa
02-04-2008, 02:31 AM

Where can I buy a pair of your blinders?

Mark
02-04-2008, 02:56 AM

He's already got a pair. You need to buy him a red pill, but I don't think he'd take it.

Anyone who thinks there's no MSM bias and McCain won La. just doesn't want to know the truth.

Ron Paul Fan
02-04-2008, 03:03 AM
I seem to remember reading article after article and on the LA GOP site "John McCain wins LA." I realize Paul is challenging the results but officially John McCain won, right? If they end up reversing it, which I doubt, then Ron Paul will have won the state. Until they do, he hasn't, and all of the delegates go to John McCain.

nbhadja
02-04-2008, 03:16 AM
The media reports whoever wins the vote. That's just the way it is. Hillary was declared the winner in NV, yet Obama finished with more delegates. Those two tied for delegates in NH, but Hillary was the comeback kid. I know it's about delegates and John McCain has many more than Paul does and he's going to win the biggest winner take all states on Tuesday. The ignorance is in the people who think there's some great media conspiracy here and those who think Paul can win a brokered convention.

Just wow if you can't see that the media is blacking out Ron Paul.

Mark
02-04-2008, 03:26 AM
I seem to remember reading article after article and on the LA GOP site "John McCain wins LA." I realize Paul is challenging the results but officially John McCain won, right? If they end up reversing it, which I doubt, then Ron Paul will have won the state. Until they do, he hasn't, and all of the delegates go to John McCain.

You must have missed the huge thread about La today.

This may be the rule that gives us majority in Louisiana (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110440) (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/misc/multipage.gif 1 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110440) 2 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110440&page=2) 3 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110440&page=3) ... Last Page (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110440&page=5)) http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/rating/rating_5.gif torchbearer

Ron Paul Fan
02-04-2008, 03:28 AM
Come on now. Paul has been on the following shows- The Tonight Show twice, Meet the Press, Face the Nation, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Mad Money, Kudlow and Company a few times, NOW, Bill Moyer's Journal, This Week with George Stephanopolous, Tucker, Hardball, MSNBC Live with Dan Abrams, The O'Reilly Factor, Your World with Neil Cavuto a few times, Real Time with Bill Maher twice, Morning Joe many times, Fox and Friends, The Situation Room many times, Newshour, ABC News, Lou Dobbs, American Morning. Did I forget any?

How does a guy being blacked out get on this many shows? Can you show me where other guys with similar polling numbers have been getting more media appearances than Paul? I seem to remember when Paul was raising all that money, the media covered it. If Paul had done better in the early states, he would have been covered. His best finish prior to Louisiana and Maine was a 40% blowout 2nd place loss to Romney in Nevada. He hasn't won a state. McCain officially won LA and unless they overturn it, that's the way it is.

FireofLiberty
02-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Guys, it's not Benton or the campaign that's the reason Ron Paul isn't mentioned anywhere in the media -- it's that the media doesn't want to cover him. They have a bias against him. This much has been clear for awhile.

FireofLiberty
02-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Come on now. Paul has been on the following shows- The Tonight Show twice, Meet the Press, Face the Nation, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Mad Money, Kudlow and Company a few times, NOW, Bill Moyer's Journal, This Week with George Stephanopolous, Tucker, Hardball, MSNBC Live with Dan Abrams, The O'Reilly Factor, Your World with Neil Cavuto a few times, Real Time with Bill Maher twice, Morning Joe many times, Fox and Friends, The Situation Room many times, Newshour, ABC News, Lou Dobbs, American Morning. Did I forget any?

How does a guy being blacked out get on this many shows? Can you show me where other guys with similar polling numbers have been getting more media appearances than Paul? I seem to remember when Paul was raising all that money, the media covered it. If Paul had done better in the early states, he would have been covered. His best finish prior to Louisiana and Maine was a 40% blowout 2nd place loss to Romney in Nevada. He hasn't won a state. McCain officially won LA and unless they overturn it, that's the way it is.

And a lot of those times he was on those shows they took out hits on him.

But it's a completely different situation now. That much I agree with. But he's always gotten less coverage than the other candidates running. Yes, he may have gotten on those shows but how often did you hear him mentioned between those shows, during regular coverage? Those are the times that matter because the candidates showed during regular coverage constantly are automatically considered to be the "serious" candidates in the race. Now that he hasn't won any primaries or caucuses (except maybe LA), as you point out, it's only gotten worse. They're still not showing him during regular coverage and he's not getting invited on the shows like he was now because of showing in the states so far.

FreeTraveler
02-04-2008, 06:24 AM

QFMFT! My mother is 87 and she can see things he can't.

dima7b
02-04-2008, 06:44 AM
Yes he was on a lit of shows...but did those shows like Meet The Press create buzz for him afterwards? Nope. When a candidate was on Meet The Press, MSNBC talked about it later on, and etc. For Ron Paul they did not. It's like, "Ok Ron Paul get on the shows and we'll talk to you then, but nothing more!"

SWATH
02-04-2008, 07:57 AM
I just heard this on news radio.

"Obama and Hillary are preparing for the big day on Tuesday, and on the Republican side the three remaining candidates are duking it out, Mitt Romney, John McCain, and Mike Huckabee."

Matt Collins
02-04-2008, 08:17 AM
See this thread about a Nashville Newspaper omitting him from their voter guide:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110545

Matt Collins
02-04-2008, 08:18 AM

Jesse Benton is not the problem, he's one of the best people on the team.

I don't work with the guy on a daily basis, but in my two PROFESSIONAL experiences I have had with him, he is incompetent and rude. He botched a local radio interview in Nashville and almost botched an interview for a nationally syndicated radio host.

Ron Paul Fan
02-04-2008, 08:29 AM
And a lot of those times he was on those shows they took out hits on him.

But it's a completely different situation now. That much I agree with. But he's always gotten less coverage than the other candidates running. Yes, he may have gotten on those shows but how often did you hear him mentioned between those shows, during regular coverage? Those are the times that matter because the candidates showed during regular coverage constantly are automatically considered to be the "serious" candidates in the race. Now that he hasn't won any primaries or caucuses (except maybe LA), as you point out, it's only gotten worse. They're still not showing him during regular coverage and he's not getting invited on the shows like he was now because of showing in the states so far.

Took hits on him like what? O'Reilly is always going to take shots at people he disagrees with. At least he gave Paul a chance to defend himself. The Tonight Show was very cordial. Meet the Press is always an aggressive interview. Jon Stewart was very nice to Paul. The only one I can remember is George Stephanapolous telling him he couldn't win. That was pretty low, but it seems like George is right so far.

Ron Paul Fan
02-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Yes he was on a lit of shows...but did those shows like Meet The Press create buzz for him afterwards? Nope. When a candidate was on Meet The Press, MSNBC talked about it later on, and etc. For Ron Paul they did not. It's like, "Ok Ron Paul get on the shows and we'll talk to you then, but nothing more!"

Is all that blame to be put on the press or the campaign? Maybe both? Paul's campaign was horrible at taking advantage of the media. This is where his campaign and Huckabee's differed so greatly, and guess what, Huckabee won something! When Ron Paul went on Meet the Press, he wasn't high enough in any polls to warrant being in the discussion. They aren't going to spend all day talking about someone who's polling at 5-10%. Ron Paul had his shot on Meet the Press and obviously didn't convince enough people.

speciallyblend
02-04-2008, 08:37 AM

wtf ,are you talking about Ron Paul isnt going for a vp position, I will not vote for RON PAUL as a vp.
I'm voting for Ron Paul for President,
ron paulwouldnt except a vp from hillary republicans are you crazy
if ron paul accepted a vp position, I WOULD LEAVE THE REPUBLICAN PARTY

NO TO VP

Cinderella
02-04-2008, 08:44 AM
why are people still surprised about this blackout??? the msm isnt going to wake up one day and just give him all this free airtime....they dont want Dr. Paul to win!!!

SteveMartin
02-04-2008, 08:47 AM
SO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ALL!!!!:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/487443841

Revolution9
02-04-2008, 08:48 AM
We've been calling for a change there for months. No sense in people getting their hopes up for Tuesday.

We did get this, though. Update from campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0nJH6zB9VM

The reason it isn't changed is because you fingerpointers don't have a clue about nternal operations apparently. You all sound like if it was you you would have generated one hundred contracts, looked over by lawyers and approved by Ron daily. You would steamroll your way onto FOX and CNN and split Ron into seven people to meet your demand. Ron would be continually on the front page of all major newspapers and magazines. Sure he would if YOU were in charge. Frankly..if I was Ron I wouldn't hire one of your guttersniping asses for a blind minute.

Randy

crazyfacedjenkins
02-04-2008, 08:48 AM
Look at us, "Vote" Get out and "Vote"

I voted, im in Florida, a bunch of other people voted too, its funny you know, talking to people at work, finding out they voted for "John McCain" I ask them why, and they dont really know, they dont really have an answer. "I Like Him" or "I agree with his message"

"What message is that?" I ask

"I dunno, he just seems like a stong leader." they say

I mean, what right do they have even voting? What purpose does it serve if they dont even know what they are voting for?

Look at the elderly... It seems to me that they have it in their minds, that they can decide the fate of young people. If they vote for McCain, and we go into Iran, How many kids did you just kill old man? How many lives are you permitted to end pre-maturely so you can continue to rot away in a nursing home.

It makes no sense to me when i ask myself these questions. "What Right?"

Being a young American and seeing people sheep their lives away clueless to reality makes me question everything, I question my parents, my family, my friends, everyone! I laid the views of each candidate on the table, they are all republicans, and they decided on McCain? My cousin just got back from Iraq, he told them how bad it was, they didnt even want him to go, but its ok if they send someone they dont know or arent related to?

The only conclusion that i draw from asking these questions is one.

Americans are Selfish.

If you have selfish ignorant citizens you're going to get selfish ignorant politicians. Public sucks, FUCK HOPE! http://youtube.com/watch?v=0u6lCBnRoHQ

crazyfacedjenkins
02-04-2008, 08:53 AM
why are people still surprised about this blackout??? the msm isnt going to wake up one day and just give him all this free airtime....they dont want Dr. Paul to win!!!

Exactly, it's as thought these people still don't get it.

RonPaulFTFW
02-04-2008, 08:57 AM
That's how scared they are.

They know we have a chance to steal victory from the jaws of defeat, not to mention to just keep bringing up issues nobody wants to bring up.

Remember what Dr. Paul said about going up against the Military Industrial Complex, ect. They will use all their power to stop us.

dave_mack33
02-04-2008, 10:31 AM
mike gravel is still running but you never hear about him in the media. biden, dodd, and richardson got far less coverage than the other 'top tier' dems so the media does this on both sides. they are the gatekeepers

FireofLiberty
02-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Took hits on him like what? O'Reilly is always going to take shots at people he disagrees with. At least he gave Paul a chance to defend himself. The Tonight Show was very cordial. Meet the Press is always an aggressive interview. Jon Stewart was very nice to Paul. The only one I can remember is George Stephanapolous telling him he couldn't win. That was pretty low, but it seems like George is right so far.

Tim was especially aggressive on "Meet the Press." You already pointed out the "This Week" and O'Reilly interviews. "NOW" concluded by saying he couldn't win and took made a fuss about the white supremest support. Tucker was always good to him when he was on with him but when he wasn't on and Tucker mentioned him it was a different story as Tucker was often wishy washy with his support. He went on "Hardball" like... one time? I think it was post-debate. When did they ever mention him on "Hardball" except that one time he was actually on? Never. They even removed him from the polls and results they showed on-air even when he was doing better than or had beat Giuliani. Neil Cavuto gave both good and negative interviews. Did you miss one of the first he did with Ron when he attacked him over civil disobedience in the form of not paying your taxes? Did you miss the Morning Joe interview where Ron was attacked and really badly treated over his Lincoln comments? He got called a "crockpot" on air. How about when Joe accused us of raising money "in the name of a terrorist" on November 5th even though that's not what Guy Fawkes Day commemorates. Fox and Friends didn't treat him too well either, although they were decent enough, but they always pointed out that he "wasn't doing well in the polls." Wolf I have to say was always real fair on The Situation Room when he had Ron on, except for him constantly calling him a "Libertarian" and pointed out he ran for the nomination in 1988 and also pointing out he wasn't doing well in the polls and asking in the third-party question a gazillion times.

Thomas Paine
02-04-2008, 11:00 AM

-He kicked butt in Q4

[redacted by Moderator]

Wasn't there a bad movie called "Erased" or with a similar premise???

Jesubub
02-04-2008, 11:02 AM

I met Jesse on Saturday in Victoria, TX, and it made me realized that he can't possibly be responsible for all the things he's blamed for screwing up. He's at Paul's side every second he's in public or traveling. I don't think he's responsible for every aspect of Paul's visibility in the news, and you seem to forget that the MSM has all the other candidates on auto-over-exposure while Paul is on auto-under-exposure. You can't fault Jesse for what the MSM won't report.

I'm all ears if you'd like to articulate Jesse's incompetence.