PDA

View Full Version : Speaking to undecided Republican delegates tomorrow...

IAmTheAvatar
02-03-2008, 11:01 PM
What should I say

westmich4paul
02-03-2008, 11:12 PM
I would tell them just to look at the voting records and to put everything else aside. Base your judgement/vote of this man on his voting records. If after viewing his voting record after the last 20 years you cannot call him a very constitutional and conservative Republican that has voted with principal and integrity and has never wavered on his Republican conservative core beliefs and if they feel that there is another candidate that is running that can even come close to matching his voting record then you have no problems with their decision to support another. Tell them Ron Pauls record speaks for itself and it speaks in volumes. Also tell them that Ron Paul is a true Republican and they should be proud to have such a fine example of a Reagan like Republican running for office. Also note that any candidate can say they are like Ron Reagan but Rons voting record proves it.

FSP-Rebel
02-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Dude, you need to write something for us and we'll critique it. We won't write it for ya, unless you want us to.

Goldwater Conservative
02-03-2008, 11:43 PM
Ron Paul was one of four congressman to endorse Ronald Reagan for president in 1976. Reagan campaigned for Paul two years later. Reagan even said about Paul: "Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country." (http://www.militaryforpaul.com/reagan.html) (There are some good pictures at that site you could show those people if you have the chance.)

Barry Goldwater Jr., who was a congressman from the late 60s through the early 80s, has also endorsed Paul and has campaigned for him a few times in this race.

Furthermore, Ron Paul has received more military donations (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/211/q4-fec-reports-ron-paul-receives-more-military-donations-than-all-other-republicans-combined/) than all other Republican candidates combined.

Austin
02-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Ron Paul was one of four congressman to endorse Ronald Reagan for president in 1976. Reagan campaigned for Paul two years later. Reagan even said about Paul: "Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country."

Barry Goldwater Jr., who was a congressman from the late 60s through the early 80s, has also endorsed Paul and has campaigned for him a few times in this race.

3 very important points to bring up.

newmedia4ron
02-03-2008, 11:49 PM
here ya go

Haha!! Yes! *Does Dance*

I'm the main Arkansas organizer, and i've been going to Republican meetings and diners across the state... every one I can attend!

Tonight I went to the Boone County Republican meeting with 20 fellow RP supporters for a total of 80 people. After the meeting issues were taken care of, the chairman gave me the floor.

I have a 4 min stump speech on Paul’s positions and on returning dignity and conservatism to the party. I started it off with my “I don’t look conservative I look like I came from Berkeley” Joke… It was ok, not my best speech, but I get no sleep and was tired.

Sadly I had to step out for a min to organize things for a RP meeting Tuesday. When I got back, a RP supporter was up talking about the CFR... (Oh shit!) A concerned older republican asked a very good question, and that was if RP doesn't get the nomination, would we be there to support the Republicans against the Democrats. Two more of our people got up and started heckling the guy about the "globalist elite", completely ignoring the man’s question.

The man was pissed, and his friends and fellow republicans were getting annoyed. Right when the yelling was about to start I stopped raising my hand and just got up and announced over my own guy:

"Ok, I run the local as well as the state grassroots... (loudmouth shuts up) I've put alot of blood, sweet, tears, and money into this campaign. (loudmouth gets asked to leave) I stay up all night working for this man because I love my country too much to see it fall. I'm about as strong of Ron Paul supporter as you can get… but come election day, I know another Democrat will destroy our country. (applaud) …and if I Ron Paul isn't the nominee, I know one thing for certain, ANY Republican is better than Any Democrat, ANY day... (Cheers) (looking at the guy who asked the question) And I will promise you right now that there is no way my vote is going to be cast for anyone but Republican. (More Cheers)

The thing I am most worried about, and what you probably already know is… We are in some serious trouble. The Democrats have the upper hand on us. We got kicked out of power in 2006 for runaway spending, because of ethical breaches, and we lost our confidence as a party to stand up for our ideals of limited government and free enterprise. I’m sure many of you are in favor of staying in Iraq, as are most of the Republican candidates, but we are walking into this election slaughter with 75% of the population against the occupation. What chance does a Pro-war Republican have against Obama or Hillary? If you want to be really serious about keeping a Democrat out of the Whitehouse, vote for a man who won’t polarize the rest of the nation against us, but instead will revitalize the love of true conservatism in this country. The country I love so much… Thankyou, (applaud)”

Every single person who attended that meeting had to double check my name, tell me they loved what I said, and tell me that they would be voting Ron Paul come the 5th… Every one of them… It got even better because two of the people who attended were both running for state senate seats and asked if I could get in touch with them some time.

YES!!!!!!!! Score!!!

Oh and btw... QUIT TALKING ABOUT THE DAMN GLOBAL ELITE AND THE CFR! Republicans dont give a shit!

The00viper
02-03-2008, 11:51 PM
Yes ^^^

Tell them Ron Paul is the only one who could defeat the Democrats in November (which is very true).

fearthereaperx
02-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Also, make sure you have some stuff on McCain and Romney if they bust out the "Unelectable" card

BreakYourChains
02-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Where do you live? What kind of coverage has your local newspaper been printing, or your local news been saying or not saying about Ron Paul? You need to tell us more, so we can help you out. But, follow the guy above, and for God's sake, do not mention anything conspiratorial if this is just with mainstream Republicans. We need their vote first, the rest will come. Follow the guy above who spoke, and use Ron Paul slimjims and other info to write your own speech. You must speak from your heart, we cannot write a speech for you. We can help you once you write down what you want to say, okay? Fire away then.....

BigRedBrent
02-04-2008, 12:01 AM
I don't know if this would sway them but I am absolutely certain that it is completely true.

So you want to support a winner?

Some of you may be concerned about the chances the republicans have against the democrats in the coming elections, and rightfully so. I personally am disgusted with the lesser of two evils arguments. But for the first time in a long time we no longer need to make that choice. In fact this time if the republicans want to win we must not make that choice.

Lets "really" talk about chances for a moment.

A lot of people say they don't want to waste a vote on a loser. Well, did they really think about that when they said it? Did they even consider the chances a pro war candidate has against the proclaimed anti war democrats?

If anyone but Ron Paul wins the republican nomination then this entire country would galvanize against the republicans just to make sure that they do not win. Think about it, what chance do they even remotely have against that other then using mass vote fraud?

Supporters of the other republican presidential candidates are doomed to lose, and have no choice but to support Ron Paul if they don't want a democrat as a president. This is a simple fact. The other republican candidates can not beat the democrats. No way it could be done.

Please, why don't people at the very least understand this? If Ron Paul does not get the republican nomination we WILL have a democrat as our next president! Plain and simple. Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate that has the slightest chance of beating the democrats.

I am sure the major media corporations know that John McCain hasn't a chance against the democrats. But yet he still gets free press when he can't even fund his own campaign. If we do not do something about this we will have a democrat for a president forced upon us weather we like it or not.

I myself, will not be voting for a loser. That is why I will be voting for Ron Paul, so that my vote will NOT be wasted.

A lot of the republican presidential candidates reminisce and talk about Ronald Reagan in speeches and debates. But I bet they didn't know that Reagan had something to say about Ron Paul.
This is a quote from Ronald Reagan:
"Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country."

Ron Paul was one of only four congressman that endorsed Ronald Reagan for president in 1976. Reagan also campaigned for Ron Paul two years later. During his ten terms in congress, Ron Paul's impeccably consistent voting record without a doubt proves he is a genuine conservative, and an honest politician if one ever existed. If anyone has the right to claim Reagan like qualities it would be Ron Paul. I can not say for sure, but my guess is that if Reagan was alive today, he would continue to endorse Ron Paul.

IAmTheAvatar
02-04-2008, 08:16 AM
bump

IAmTheAvatar
02-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Also is there anything you want me to say to Ron Paul. I am preparing a letter to give him.

Mark Rushmore
02-04-2008, 08:24 AM
here ya go

Oh and btw... QUIT TALKING ABOUT THE DAMN GLOBAL ELITE AND THE CFR! Republicans dont give a shit!

Except for that ignorant rubbish, the most likely exaggerated use of 'every', the abuse laid onto fellow RP supporters...

...well anyways, always good to point out that you can't out-Dem the Dems and therefore Paul - as the only candidate not trying to - is the best hope come November.

hawks4ronpaul
02-04-2008, 08:24 AM
RP provides the best military. All the others weaken our military.
RP provides the best national security. All the others weaken our security.
RP provides the best intelligence. All the others weaken our intelligence.
RP provides the best foreign policy. All the others weaken our foreign policy.

Ron Paul’s strong foreign policy:

Keep an unbeatable military.
Uphold the Constitution and US sovereignty: Declare the war, fight it, win it, and come home.
Fight terrorists with intelligence and special units to stop overstretching our troops and to keep our conventional forces free and ready for major conventional threats.
Secure our borders and enforce our visa laws to stop terrorists.
Maintain financial security through sound money, fiscal conservatism, and non-intervention (the smart way to be globally active)—You can’t win a war when you’re bankrupt.

See http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/ for foreign policy arguments.

cswake
02-04-2008, 08:44 AM
In my canvassing efforts, I have repeatedly come across people who are brainwashed into the terrorist mindset. (Both Republican and Democrat) In your caucus, most everyone will probably know about Paul - and inherently agree with everything he says except the wars. When addressing this issue, say that you recognize that terrorists are a terrible enemy, how you were saddened by the events of 9/11, and that Ron Paul is the best man to save us from them. Then go ahead and articulate why that is the case:

Short-term:
- only person talking about hunting down Osama
- only person talking about preventing them from getting into our country rather than monitoring the population like the British do (and even with their surveillance they were hit by the subway)

Prevention:
- only person talking about true prevention. Even if we against all odds kill all the terrorists in 10 years through the Iraq/Iran/Afghanistan wars, there will be more people outraged by our actions, and hence more terrorists.

I am leaning toward talking about his anti-terrorist strategies FIRST, since you might be able to talk some reason into the people who are frightened. Afterwards, his stances of twenty years of working to shrink the government are heads above the rest. One great topic is the abolishment of the Department of Education - which Reagan supported and they were supposed to do in 1994 - I haven't met a person yet that believes the Government can raise their children better than they can. (No Child Left Behind) If you're an Independent/Democrat convert, I would emphasize that point. Even with "powerful" choices like a woman and a black man, you're stumping for Paul - he is the only one who can win the election against Obama. (Youth vote will be a wash, Military vote is overwhelmingly pro-Paul, we'd *win* the anti-war vote)