PDA

View Full Version : Are grassroots projects effecting donations?

jrich4rpaul
02-03-2008, 10:31 PM
We have lots of projects going on right now... from blimps, to newspapers, to ads, and much more.

But how is everyone spreading out their money? It doesn't look like we will reach the 8.4 million goal by the 5th. And if you ask me, that's what we need to focus on first. Because if the campaign runs out of money, it's over.

I understand that people who are maxed out, by all means can donate to whichever project they desire. But those who aren't, shouldn't we be focusing on the goal first?

kmj.ronpaul
02-03-2008, 10:38 PM
>> But those who aren't [maxed out], shouldn't we be focusing on the goal first?
It's a tough call. Here in Ohio, the official campaign has spent little or no money on advertising here (primary is March 4th). I've been putting all of my money into 50,000 fliers, tv ads, radio ads, a coupon book ad, newspaper ads, pole signs and yard signs. I'm going to feel personally responsible if RP doesn't win in Ohio!

Funding Cleveland-area radio ads - please chip in if you can!
http://ronpaullakegeauga.chipin.com/cleveland-oh-radio-advertising-for-ron-paul

jrich4rpaul
02-03-2008, 10:43 PM
>> But those who aren't [maxed out], shouldn't we be focusing on the goal first?
It's a tough call. Here in Ohio, the official campaign has spent little or no money on advertising here (primary is March 4th). I've been putting all of my money into 50,000 fliers, tv ads, radio ads, a coupon book ad, newspaper ads, pole signs and yard signs. I'm going to feel personally responsible if RP doesn't win in Ohio!

I know it's unfortunate that they aren't campaigning in every state. Personally I was hoping to see him come to Boston, which never happened.

But I'm doing my best as a Precinct Leader, and donating to HQ as much as I can.

But the campaign won't keep campaigning themselves into debt like the others. Once the money's gone, Ron Paul is gone, and he won't be running ads in ANY state.

westmich4paul
02-03-2008, 10:54 PM

Do not feel alone they have done it in Michigan too. I want to hear from everyone in different states and find out who is getting the 17 million from campaign headquarters. They said they spent it but I haven't seen it or heard it anywhere. Something is up here. I want the camapign to come clean. I want the camapign to show its supporters a breakdown of where all this money has been sent and for what. Too many states that could have done well for Ron haven't and in my opinion this is the very reason. When I see Huckabee running t.v. ads in my state and I know we have far more money than them yes it does tick me off just a bit.

It is time to question the campaign and find out just what the hell is up. They must realize by now that we are not stupid people and we can see this money is not getting spent wisely at all. Do not give up giving to your grassroots efforts because in Michigan without us doing what we did locally we would have never even got 6% here. If we had just sat around and waited for national to to it and kept our money in our pockets or donated it he would have recieved less than 1%.

I am not a troll nor am I looking at people to quit supporting Ron because it will be a cold day in hell that I will ever do that. I am just saying people need to start asking questions and start asking them like yesterday. Again people from different states weigh in on this and let us know how much national has helped you.

Eponym_mi
02-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Someone posted a breakdown of expenditures the other day when FEC numbers came out. It does seem like a lot of money is being squandered. I'd really like to know how Huckabee and McCain were broke yet ran ads in Michigan, but not one RP ad. If the same thing is happening in other states, I'll be pissed. Yes, it is time for the campaign to come clean.

JohnnyWrath
02-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Grassroots are doing what's right....the official campaign does need cash, but what we are doing is working. Ron Paul tried before to run on the same platform without this massive grassroots effort, and any person paying attention can see the difference we are making.

By normal standards....Ron Paul would have been forced out already.

What we are doing as grassroots is working, and what the official campaign is doing is working as well....OC is making good calls such as going after Maine and Nevada instead of Florida or Michigan. IF you read another thread, the Romney campaign is actually seeking out where Ron Paul is running ads....this tells me they know the Ron Paul campaign knows what it is doing. Florida and such are wastes of money....ask Huckleberry and Rudy....our official campaign is making way more sense than others.

wowabunga
02-03-2008, 11:26 PM
YES.

The quality in the advertisments from HQ has been such a disappointment... and I've given only to our local grass roots. (see signature for more on this beef)

A big "Hats Off" to corporate HQ for sending us a huge box of Ron Paul signs this week. Bill Clinton came to town to stump for Hilary and all the Hilary supporters were holding small flimsy signs. We were at the front of the line as the 2,000 plus crowd waited in line... we waved huge Ron Paul signs and handed out slim jims. Youtube video to be posted at about noon on monday :)

LibertyEagle
02-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Do not feel alone they have done it in Michigan too. I want to hear from everyone in different states and find out who is getting the 17 million from campaign headquarters. They said they spent it but I haven't seen it or heard it anywhere. Something is up here. I want the camapign to come clean. I want the camapign to show its supporters a breakdown of where all this money has been sent and for what. Too many states that could have done well for Ron haven't and in my opinion this is the very reason. When I see Huckabee running t.v. ads in my state and I know we have far more money than them yes it does tick me off just a bit.

It is time to question the campaign and find out just what the hell is up. They must realize by now that we are not stupid people and we can see this money is not getting spent wisely at all. Do not give up giving to your grassroots efforts because in Michigan without us doing what we did locally we would have never even got 6% here. If we had just sat around and waited for national to to it and kept our money in our pockets or donated it he would have recieved less than 1%.

I am not a troll nor am I looking at people to quit supporting Ron because it will be a cold day in hell that I will ever do that. I am just saying people need to start asking questions and start asking them like yesterday. Again people from different states weigh in on this and let us know how much national has helped you.

You want the campaign to spend their time justifying where they spent the money, instead of them filling out questionnaires sent to them by the anti-illegal alien groups, and the many other things they have on their plate? :confused: NO! There is plenty of time for bitching and moaning after all this is said and done. Right now, we all need to be focusing on doing whatever we can do to spread the message and let the campaign do the same.

AlexMerced
02-03-2008, 11:43 PM
a lack of optimism is hurting the donations, a lot of people are missing the larger context of all this and don't want to donate cause it isn't a safe bet.

but every donation helps spread the message, that's reason enough to donate IMHO

I mean we donate to our choices of non-profits to educate and proliferate information. Ron Paul is a one man walking pamphlet on princples of america.

wowabunga
02-04-2008, 12:42 AM
a lack of optimism is hurting the donations,

During the Regan Library Debate... with the little time he had Ron Paul gave them hell about the lack of real debate.... this inspired me and I promised right then and there to stay in this thing for the long haul. Look for a deciding moment and put your foot down.

When I see the media screw around with the election process.... it's a flip'n daily event now... I get that blood circulating and I go do something positive :)