PDA

View Full Version : All The Results?

PauliticsPolitics
02-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Where are they? Today was the last day of the caucus. Shouldn't we be getting the totals from the last 32%? Anybody know about full results?

hellsingfan
02-03-2008, 10:24 PM
I just want to know how many delegates out of the total did we get?

nate895
02-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Well, there are a couple of towns later this month.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Where are they? Today was the last day of the caucus. Shouldn't we be getting the totals from the last 32%? Anybody know about full results?

You might have to wait until after the final vote from Louisiana. :confused:

Jimmy
02-04-2008, 09:41 AM
So where are the results?? Not til after Super Tuesday eh...this whole process is BS :mad:

Carole
02-04-2008, 09:59 AM
I must say that such a voting system that does not complete its process in one day muddies the waters and leaves too much room for fraud and confusion.

I have never heard of a system that takes days or weeks for all the precincts to settle its votes. This seems very strange.

The other thing is that a total of fewer than 5000 people seem to be determing the nominee in the state of Maine. How is this a fair and proper process for determining anything?

It seems to be saying that in Maine, only a few people may participate in the primary.

Did the people of Maine have a say in selecting such a convoluted process or was this merely an invention of the GOP there? It definitely leaves nothing to chance for the GOP organized machine to have things go their way.:confused:

RufusTDoofus
02-04-2008, 10:47 AM
There was a comment from one of the big wigs in the Maine GOP this morning in our local paper that led me to believe that they won't be releasing any more numbers any time soon. I'll see if I can find a link to the article for you to draw your won conclusions.

Lisa S
02-04-2008, 11:01 AM
I think on c-span yesterday they were already claiming McCain won and Ron Paul came in third.

virginiakid
02-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I just got an email from the national GOP and they said that Romney coasted to a win in Main.

RufusTDoofus
02-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Yes, Romney won. But the Maine GOP has only officially reported 68% of precincts. The statement I read this morning was something to the effect of "there's more data available but it's not going to change much." I think there's a possibility that RP beat McCain but the Maine GOP is reluctant to put that info out before super duper tuesday.

ButchHowdy
02-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Yes, Romney won. But the Maine GOP has only officially reported 68% of precincts. The statement I read this morning was something to the effect of "there's more data available but it's not going to change much." I think there's a possibility that RP beat McCain but the Maine GOP is reluctant to put that info out before super duper tuesday.

That's what I'm thinking!

Anna Karenina
02-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Any way for RP people in Maine to demand the rest of the numbers? Has anyone contacted meetup groups in the unreported precincts?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-04-2008, 01:47 PM

His party is against him, and it also ties into the media being against him. Our support is the one and only thing throwing a wrench into that. Even if the results are forced into the open, it won't be reported.

RufusTDoofus
02-04-2008, 01:47 PM
I grabbed a copy of the Morning Sentinel article from this morning. I couldn't find it online. The headline is GOP Leaders: Romney win in Maine no big surprise

The quote is attributed to Scott Kaufman, vice chairman of the Maine Republican Committee: "I'm not surprised about Romney. He is a New England person."

Later in the article, and this is the part where I thought there was a quote but was mistaken: Even though the votes from more towns are to be totaled, party leaders said the overall results won't change.

I don't know what info they provided to Glenn Adams (the article's author) to give him a reason to write this. It's just really fishy that a statement like that would be made with almost a third of precincts yet to report.