PDA

View Full Version : tucker endorsed Ron Paul!

JosephTheLibertarian
08-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Tucker just said something like "I voted for him in 88 and I'm voting for him again!" LOL

were you watching??

Starks
08-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Other Guy: "You can't go wrong with Ron Paul..."

nullvalu
08-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Wow!

ChairmanMao
08-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Perhaps we should send Tucker whatever his favourite candy is?

slantedview
Hooray!

Bergie Bergeron
What can we send to Tucker? :P

LibertyEagle
08-07-2007, 01:12 PM
WOW! Great news. Anyone catch the clip... I hope, I hope. This badly needs to be YouTubed.

Chelle
08-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Sweet! :)

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Right on! Now he needs to get him some major face time on his show :)

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Other Guy: "You can't go wrong with Ron Paul..."

Who was the other guy?

AcidReign
08-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Manilow, Kane from WWE, Tucker. Where is Willie Nelson's endorsement?

nullvalu
08-07-2007, 01:15 PM

I thought Manilow didn't really endorse Paul and actually donated to a bunch of Dem's too?

paulitics
08-07-2007, 01:16 PM
How about Jessie Ventura?

AcidReign
08-07-2007, 01:17 PM
I thought Manilow didn't really endorse Paul and actually donated to a bunch of Dem's too?

You're right. Good none the less.

DeadheadForPaul
08-07-2007, 01:22 PM
I always liked tucker and thought he was just playing a role on crossfire

Bluedevil
08-07-2007, 01:27 PM
youtube?

JosephTheLibertarian
08-07-2007, 01:28 PM
You see that lady that said McCain stands out on gun control because he's a member of the NRA? What a tool lol We need less people like that voting! I would have loved to have been there!!

mport1
08-07-2007, 01:29 PM
We need to send presents to Tucker.

Nefertiti
08-07-2007, 01:32 PM

The wrestler that it would be great to have on board would be JBL. He's smart and articulate (especially on economic matters), has his own radio show, is very conservative, and also has his own political aspirations.

DeadheadForPaul
08-07-2007, 01:33 PM
gift basket. can get one sent from some service in (is he in NYC)?

im sure msnbc will tell you if you call

johnrocks
08-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Tucker comes on at 5p.m. here so is that where it was or what? Details comrades, details!!

JaylieWoW
08-07-2007, 01:37 PM
We should really consider renaming this forum. Rather than Ron Paul Forums.com we should call ourselves, Media Lobbyists for Ron Paul!

I really would like to give Kudos to whoever started the idea of sending gifts to people in the media who opening and unabashedly support Ron Paul.

YAY Tucker! Though this is no surprise to me, he's stated before that he was a "biased" interviewer of Ron Paul.

Hurricane Bruiser
08-07-2007, 01:38 PM
McCain, Romney, and Guiliani are not to be trusted at all on gun control. I think all of the other candidates on the R side are pretty good on that issue. Of course Paul is by far the best.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-07-2007, 01:42 PM
McCain, Romney, and Guiliani are not to be trusted at all on gun control. I think all of the other candidates on the R side are pretty good on that issue. Of course Paul is by far the best.

It's not that Libertarians are pro-guns, it has more to do with being pro-freedom.I personally own no guns, but yet I am a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment, I am strongly opposed to gun control.

LibertyEagle
08-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Really folks, beyond this forum, unless you're talking to libertarians, please layoff the tagline. We are trying to win the REPUBLICAN nomination. The media keeps saying Dr. Paul is a libertarian for a reason. The intent is to further marginalize him to Republicans... ie. "he's not one of you."

born2drv
08-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Tucker just said something like "I voted for him in 88 and I'm voting for him again!" LOL

were you watching??

This was just said today? was it in an official way?

Hurricane Bruiser
08-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Any word on video yet?

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-07-2007, 01:55 PM
What can we send to Tucker? :P

Ties. Lots of very fine ties. (I haven't read through the thread. Someone probably beat me to this.)

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Ties. Lots of very fine ties. (I haven't read through the thread. Someone probably beat me to this.)

Maybe a Ron Paul novelty tie to wear daily :D .

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-07-2007, 01:58 PM
How about Jessie Ventura?

Jesse Ventura is an a$$hole and is too holy to do more than sneer at anyone daring to run under a party moniker. Don't expect his endorsement. He wouldn't support Arnold Schwartzenegger strictly because he was running as a "Republicrat."

brumans
08-07-2007, 01:59 PM

How about a Ron Paul tie? Maybe he can wear it on the air :P

http://www.zazzle.com/pd/find/qs-ron%20paul%20tie

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Design your own tie:

http://www.zazzle.com/custom/ties

Hurricane Bruiser
08-07-2007, 02:01 PM
TIES! Sorry folks, but Ron Paul could use some more modern ties. I guess I kinda like that about him though in some way.... He just doesn't go out and blow a bunch of money on the latest fashions. But for the people that vote on style (ugh), some new ties might be nice.

DeadheadForPaul
08-07-2007, 02:13 PM
i need the youtube. Sadly, I dont gt MSNBC :(

LibertyEagle
08-07-2007, 02:22 PM
TIES! Sorry folks, but Ron Paul could use some more modern ties. I guess I kinda like that about him though in some way.... He just doesn't go out and blow a bunch of money on the latest fashions. But for the people that vote on style (ugh), some new ties might be nice.

Well, then, why not go buy him a few and send them to him? :D

Hurricane Bruiser
08-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Wouldn't it be very funny to give him some of the old Rush Limbaugh ties that RL used to promote. I would laugh really hard.

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 02:32 PM
How about a Ron Paul tie? Maybe he can wear it on the air :P

http://www.zazzle.com/pd/find/qs-ron%20paul%20tie

LOL....it's actaully cheaper to design and ship the tie than flowers would be. $36.00 bucks total :D

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 02:36 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e198/Yekt40/RPTie.jpg

Shellshock1918
08-07-2007, 02:42 PM
It's not that Libertarians are pro-guns, it has more to do with being pro-freedom.I personally own no guns, but yet I am a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment, I am strongly opposed to gun control.

Well traditional conservatives such as myself are very PRO-GUN. Its a fun recreational activity and a means to take power away from the government.

DeadheadForPaul
08-07-2007, 03:08 PM
Well traditional conservatives such as myself are very PRO-GUN. Its a fun recreational activity and a means to take power away from the government.

I agree Joseph. Ive never even fired a gun but I support it since I'm pro-freedom. Im sure guns are fun as recreation too. Most of my friends hunt

RevolutionSD
08-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Jesse Ventura is an a$$hole and is too holy to do more than sneer at anyone daring to run under a party moniker. Don't expect his endorsement. He wouldn't support Arnold Schwartzenegger strictly because he was running as a "Republicrat."

Why would anybody in their right mind support Schwartzenegger?

Richandler
08-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Well we have Tuckers vote but I think we need his money more. Tucker hasn't donated since '95. If he could afford that $2,300 it would would have even more of an effect. I think that is the biggest issue, endorsements and money.

tnvoter
08-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Let's send tucker some new bowties :D

DeadheadForPaul
08-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Let's send tucker some new bowties :D

Tucker retired the bowtie...at least in public

Shink
08-07-2007, 03:30 PM
The wrestler that it would be great to have on board would be JBL. He's smart and articulate (especially on economic matters), has his own radio show, is very conservative, and also has his own political aspirations.

Actually, Glen Jacobs (Kane) is VERY smart (supports libertarian candidates)and mild-mannered in real life. I hear he's nearing retirement (rumors), and I don't know when he might openly say on TV he's part of the Revolution, but that picture doesn't lie.

SeanEdwards
08-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Why would anybody in their right mind support Schwartzenegger?

What's so bad about the governator?

He's truly a self-made man. Immigrated to America with nothing, and with a lot of sweat (and some steroids), turned himself into a pop icon and a political juggernaut. I think he's a pretty admirable guy, even if I don't agree with all his political opinions.

On the other hand, he did make "Last Action Hero". Ok, I take it all back! Down with Arnold!!! Booo!

Shink
08-07-2007, 03:35 PM

I wouldn't be so sure about Ventura being 100% no chance of supporting Ron Paul. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY HANDWRINGING ABOUT ALEX JONES, BUT...Ventura has recently been filmed in one of Alex Jones' upcoming documentaries talking about September 11th, about how he changed his tune, etc. In other words, if he likes Alex Jones, he can surely like Ron Paul.

yongrel
08-07-2007, 03:35 PM
YouTube yet? I wanna see this with my own eyes!

Nash
08-07-2007, 03:37 PM

Well he might be a jerk but he and Paul share a lot of the same platform positions. Ventura is against the war, gun control, taxes, war on drugs etc...

He didn't support Arnold because Arnold is unfortunately a neo-con (pro bond measure, pro choice, anti 2nd amendment, pro socialized schools and medicine). In California aside from the war, a lot of people support this platform (which basically proves what we already knew, that neocons are leftists).

Hook
08-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Ventura is more a libertarian type. He was a navy seal, but he supports gay rights. He hates taxes and wealth redistribution and lots of regulations. Last I heard he left the country because he thought we were heading into a police state dictatorship.

Shink
08-07-2007, 03:58 PM
:eek: YOUTUBEYOUTUBEYOUTUBE:confused: ???

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Well he might be a jerk but he and Paul share a lot of the same platform positions. Ventura is against the war, gun control, taxes, war on drugs etc...

He didn't support Arnold because Arnold is unfortunately a neo-con (pro bond measure, pro choice, anti 2nd amendment, pro socialized schools and medicine). In California aside from the war, a lot of people support this platform (which basically proves what we already knew, that neocons are leftists).

Jesse isn't a libertarian. He pushed the light rail boondogle through here in MN and ended up being for big spending in a lot of areas, very pro public education. He picks and chooses his libertarian issues, such as drugs. Mixed on taxes.

yongrel
08-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Bump!

YOUTUBE???

remaxjon
08-07-2007, 05:51 PM
bumping again

youtube???

yongrel
08-07-2007, 06:27 PM
bump

YOUTUBE???

ThePieSwindler
08-07-2007, 08:00 PM
What's so bad about the governator?

He's truly a self-made man. Immigrated to America with nothing, and with a lot of sweat (and some steroids), turned himself into a pop icon and a political juggernaut. I think he's a pretty admirable guy, even if I don't agree with all his political opinions.

On the other hand, he did make "Last Action Hero". Ok, I take it all back! Down with Arnold!!! Booo!

Well considering he wears nazi belt buckles on the cover of time magazine.... and has said he admires the political career of hitler, and has said openly that he has always had dreams of being in a position that has lots of power... not sure thats the kind of guy i want running for an executive position (like governor).

V4Vendetta
08-07-2007, 08:05 PM
wheres the youtube video of the comments made by tucker?

trispear
08-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Well considering he wears nazi belt buckles on the cover of time magazine.... That was not a nazi buckle. The only thing remotely conferring close to nazi was the skull on it, and it wasn't even the class "SS skull" just a generic one which didn't even come close.

Lots of organizations use skulls - skull and crossbones, masonry, pirate flags. I remember a US divisional item with a skull on it, forget which. In Germany already in the 19th/18th century skulls were used on military uniforms that had nothing to do with Nazism (like the Hussar hats). In Austria, there were pins with skulls for "Sturmtruppen" (pioneer/engineering battalions) in WW1.

The skull is obviously a widely used and ancient symbol. Please let's not take someone's biased spin as truth and validate them. I don't like Schwarzenegger or his politics but that "nazi buckle" spin was just a load of crap. It was closer to some type of buckle sold to people who drive motorcycles/harleys or something (as a demographic).

ThePieSwindler
08-07-2007, 08:42 PM
That was not a nazi buckle. The only thing remotely conferring close to nazi was the skull on it, and it wasn't even the class "SS skull" just a generic one which didn't even come close.

Lots of organizations use skulls - skull and crossbones, masonry, pirate flags. I remember a US divisional item with a skull on it, forget which. In Germany already in the 19th/18th century skulls were used on military uniforms that had nothing to do with Nazism (like the Hussar hats). In Austria, there were pins with skulls for "Sturmtruppen" (pioneer/engineering battalions) in WW1.

The skull is obviously a widely used and ancient symbol. Please let's not take someone's biased spin as truth and validate them. I don't like Schwarzenegger or his politics but that "nazi buckle" spin was just a load of crap. It was closer to some type of buckle sold to people who drive motorcycles/harleys or something (as a demographic).

Ok. Fine. But everything else i said about him is true.

Thanks for the symbolism lesson. I know the difference between totenkopfs and other death head symbols. And funny, all those organizations you listen have fairly unsavory histories tied to them.

Everything else is aid, arnold HAS said, though its arguable what he believes now (alot of it was said while he was bodybuilding and on 'roids). I just plain don't trust the man, and his surface level politics are just as bad. But carry on. http://www.arnoldexposed.com/

buffalokid777
08-07-2007, 08:53 PM
That was not a nazi buckle. The only thing remotely conferring close to nazi was the skull on it, and it wasn't even the class "SS skull" just a generic one which didn't even come close.

Here's the pics from time!

http://img.timeinc.net/time/magazine/archive/covers/2007/1101070625_400.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-6/1265385/buckle.jpg

Here's the original Nazi logo...

http://www.boycottwatch.org/misc/images/wal-mart-nazideathsheadbattalion.jpg

And here is Arnold's Nazi daddy Gustave!.....

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e372/tlthe5th/RE-SIZED/GustavScopy.jpg

I Report! YOU DECIDE! :)

FSP-Rebel
08-07-2007, 08:56 PM
OK, I'm sick now.

trispear
08-07-2007, 09:09 PM
First, you should put a clear picture of the buckle Arnold is wearing, to differentiate it with an SS skull.

This article is biased against him, but it has a clear picture of it down:
http://raumfahrer.wordpress.com/2007/07/20/schwarzenegger/

It is obviously not a SS skull also shown in the article.

That document of Schwarzenegger's Father is just a "wehrpass", a military pass. Lots of swastikas, but those are all bureacratic stamps - almost no escaping that in a fascist state. In fact, those multiple stampings are by the "Oberstarzt u. Chefarzt" (Head and chief doctor of the division. Schwarzenegger's father passed his periodical army physical, whoopty doo.) The moustache was also a common style, particularly in Austria, until after the war. It did not originate with Hitler, but Hitler killed it. His father was a low ranked nobody and typical for his generation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustav_Schwarzenegger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toothbrush_moustache

To imply otherwise is just being sensationalist. Even if you disagree with Schwarzenegger's father, we should not have the sins of the father pass on to the son.

Oh, and even the British used skulls in military dress:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totenkopf

Others dispute those remarks as out of context:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/10/03/schwarzenegger.hitler/index.html

Anyway, I am not interested in the quotes issue - as people will believe what they want there and I am not interested in doing a psychological study of Schwarzenegger - he's not that interesting. It seems to me like a smear piece, like what they do to the Pope, to sell newspapers or further personal agendas.

constituent
08-07-2007, 09:13 PM
either way...

actors from california...

will we ever learn?

PHenry
08-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Wouldn't it be very funny to give him some of the old Rush Limbaugh ties that RL used to promote. I would laugh really hard.

My daughter picked up one of those at a garage sale for some reason. Dang, that thing is deafening!

Great news about Tucker! Who, I wonder, will be next to get on board the Freedom Train? PJB maybe?

buffalokid777
08-07-2007, 09:31 PM
First, you should put a clear picture of the buckle Arnold is wearing, to differentiate it with an SS skull.

This article is biased against him, but it has a clear picture of it down:
http://raumfahrer.wordpress.com/2007/07/20/schwarzenegger/

It is obviously not a SS skull also shown in the article.

That document of Schwarzenegger's Father is just a "wehrpass", a military pass. Lots of swastikas, but those are all bureacratic stamps - almost no escaping that in a fascist state. In fact, those multiple stampings are by the "Oberstarzt u. Chefarzt" (Head and chief doctor of the division. Schwarzenegger's father passed his periodical army physical, whoopty doo.) The moustache was also a common style, particularly in Austria, until after the war. It did not originate with Hitler, but Hitler killed it. His father was a low ranked nobody and typical for his generation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustav_Schwarzenegger

To imply otherwise is just being sensationalist. Even if you disagree with Schwarzenegger's father, we should not have the sins of the father pass on to the son.

Oh, and even the British used skulls in military dress:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totenkopf

Others dispute those remarks as out of context:
http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/10/03/schwarzenegger.hitler/index.html

Anyway, I am not interested in the quotes issue - as people will believe what they want there and I am not interested in doing a psychological study of Schwarzenegger - he's not that interesting. It seems to me like a smear piece, like what they do to the Pope, to sell newspapers or further personal agendas.

I agree, It's not a death's head SS belt buckle.....I really wasn't trying to claim it was.....

As for his father....He did VOLUNTEER for the brown shirts.....he was a nazi....

But when I posted those pics...It was more a fox news style joke....Notice the I report You decide part?

trispear
08-07-2007, 09:42 PM
I noticed the joke, I just get agitated because when someone gets decried as a nazi, peoples brains turn off.

Anyway, Schwarzenegger's father joined in 1938, wiki does not say which month, but if it was during or after the Austrian Anschluss of that year, it would suggest to me he was an opportunist rather than a die hard Nazi. Most of the die-hards would have joined earlier. By that time, some people simply joined to get on board and to advance socially or their careers.

There was a significance to this, actually, as strange as it sounds, in the lesser postwar trials (not Nuremburg itself), they actually handed out much harsher punishments to the opportunists than those they determined to be "true believers" of the ideology (if they were not convicted for other crimes against humanity).

Anyway, none of this should reflect on Schwarzenegger Jr, who is a piss poor conservative as it is.

Mani
08-07-2007, 09:51 PM
I couldn't find the youtube on this, anyone else see it?

specsaregood
08-07-2007, 11:29 PM
I couldn't find the youtube on this, anyone else see it?

CspanJunkieDotOrg says he has Tucker recorded from today. I gave him the headsup. If anybody knows exactly when Tucker said it; it will help him locate the clip. I gave him an approx. time of 3:07pm EST.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=CSPANJUNKIEdotORG

BLS
08-07-2007, 11:58 PM
CspanJunkieDotOrg says he has Tucker recorded from today. I gave him the headsup. If anybody knows exactly when Tucker said it; it will help him locate the clip. I gave him an approx. time of 3:07pm EST.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=CSPANJUNKIEdotORG

Man I looked everywhere on his videos and didn't find anything from Tucker today.

LibertyEagle
08-08-2007, 12:08 AM
I thought someone said they were going to grab it when it was played again this evening?

specsaregood
08-08-2007, 07:20 AM
Man I looked everywhere on his videos and didn't find anything from Tucker today.

Yeah, he said he had it recorded but not cut out and uploaded. He needed to know when it was said so he could find it on his computer to upload. Maybe today.

DeadheadForPaul
08-08-2007, 07:39 AM
That is not an SS skull. Come on people, get a grip. Lots of organizations/groups use skulls and crossbones. Do you reeally think that Arnold would wear an SS belt on the cover of one of the most circulated magazines in the entire world?

Mani
08-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Yeah, he said he had it recorded but not cut out and uploaded. He needed to know when it was said so he could find it on his computer to upload. Maybe today.

Let us know how it's going, right now he seems like the only person who might have it.

pyrazole2
08-09-2007, 02:09 PM
nm

jmdrake
08-09-2007, 03:06 PM

Hmmm....well considering that Arnold Schwartzenegger was an open admirer of Nazi war criminal Kurt Waldheim (http://www.slate.com/id/2086742/) and that Arnold was in on the big Eron swindle of California I think a non endorsement of him is a PLUS for Ventura! Maybe he didn't want to say "I can't support you Arnie cause you're a closet Nazi" and came out with a face saving way to do it? Ron Paul is in a totally different category (thankfully) from party loyalists/opportunists like Arnold.

Regards,

John M. Drake