PDA

View Full Version : Book Bomb Question ? ? ?

MattMinnesota
02-03-2008, 08:51 PM
So.... is this book just going to get high rankings and then plummet back down? Will it regain when the books ship? I'm confused. How do the rankings work? If the rankings don't go back up when the book ships wasn't it kind of a waste to try and get it at a high ranking now so early in advance?

It's great that it's such at such a high ranking right now, but if someone is curious and clicks on it and sees it is only a preorder they probably aren't too likely to purchase.

jlaker
02-03-2008, 09:07 PM
I looked today and it's at #10. A few days ago it was at #3. What happened?

celticsman7
02-03-2008, 09:11 PM
It needs to consistently be at the top.

MattMinnesota
02-03-2008, 09:13 PM
It needs to consistently be at the top.

How will that happen? There are only so many of us. People who don't know about Ron Paul but who may be curious aren't going to order it when they see it's a preorder and they have to wait until April.

So...does anyone know how rankings work? Will the book go back up when it ships or do the order we have all made only count now towards it's rankings?

kutibah
02-03-2008, 09:18 PM
We should all cancel our orders daily and then re-order daily! We'd always be #3 or #1!!!!

yaz
02-03-2008, 09:19 PM
We should all cancel our orders daily and then re-order daily! We'd always be #3 or #1!!!!

wow lol will that work?

brunner
02-03-2008, 09:20 PM
How will that happen? There are only so many of us. People who don't know about Ron Paul but who may be curious aren't going to order it when they see it's a preorder and they have to wait until April.

So...does anyone know how rankings work? Will the book go back up when it ships or do the order we have all made only count now towards it's rankings?

I think the rankings will go back up when the book ships, but we've got to spread the word to our friends... a bunch of Ron Paul supporters knowing all about Ron Paul is almost pointless compared to turning the whole world on to Ron Paul and his ideas.

Agora
02-03-2008, 09:26 PM
more pre-orders - higher ranking, as simple as that.
this is the only one there not published yet.

faisal
02-03-2008, 09:29 PM
wow lol will that work?

maybe lol!

kutibah
02-03-2008, 09:30 PM
wow lol will that work?

Yeah it should. When we cancel, it will fall back to like a horrible number, then when everyone pre-orders it again, it will go back up for that day. RonPaulBookBomb should send out a daily email to setup something like this :P

(but it'd have to be every other day I assume)

Jeremy
02-03-2008, 09:31 PM
As long as people are buying it =)

NightOwl
02-03-2008, 09:45 PM
He hasn't done any publicity yet. He hasn't even mentioned it yet. The campaign hasn't mentioned it. There have been no reviews. In other words, none of the things that normally get a book into the top 100 at Amazon has happened yet. And yet the book is doing extremely well.

Just imagine what will happen when:

1) the book is actually available;
2) Ron Paul is giving interviews about it everywhere;
3) the whole blogosphere starts talking about it (pro and con);
4) it's reviewed all over creation;
5) the campaign sends out a mass email to its hundreds of thousands of names;
6) it has its own display in the bookstores (which it will, on the strength of all these pre-orders).

It is going to go THROUGH THE ROOF.

brunner
02-04-2008, 01:45 AM

I would not suggest this. There's no way to organize it so that everyone is doing it at one time, which means it would always have a low ranking.