PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to Dr. Ron Paul

CyberCod
02-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Dear Dr. Paul,

I've been following your campaign for a while, and I've watched some of your speeches and appearances via YouTube and other such avenues.

Dr. Paul, frankly, even though I feel like you are the only candidate up there who is truly qualified for the job, who actually deserves it, it is becoming more and more apparent that the other side has won or is about to.

The corruption in the media has effectively suppressed your message. They have marginalized your message in the eyes and ears of Mr. and Mrs. Joe Average and there are still more people that don't even know what you represent than there are supporting you.

Corrupt politicians, 'newscasters' who are motivated by corporate memos rather than a search for truth, and an apathetic public that has already lost hope that anything will ever change has blunted your battlecry of "Freedom."

I have told people that I meet about your campaign. I believe I have opened some eyes, but not enough.

Can I do more? Yes.

Can I do enough to ensure your victory? No.

Have you yourself done everything you can, Mr. Paul?

I have watched you outsmart them. I have watched you outclass them. I have watched you take what they throw at you in stride. I have watched you turn the other cheek time and time again. I admire your patience.

But the time for turning the other cheek is past, Dr. Paul. It is time to get angry. It is time to stand up for yourself. For us. For this country. We your supporters are definitely angry.

We stand on the brink of watching this most important of positions become filled with just another puppet of the military industrial complex.

We watch as our national wealth gets emptied into a few already-overfull pockets.

We watch as high-treason goes unpunished.

It is time to get mad. Ghandi may not have lost his temper. But Ghandi was not an American. Pacifism is not a concept that is wholly accepted by America, nor should it be. If we were a nation of pacifists we would not need the right to bear arms. We have that right so that we can fight, in bloody battle if need be, the tyranny that is so easily seen in our so called leaders.

But now we are here behind you Ron. Now we are ready to fight. And you keep turning the other cheek. You are not standing alone in congress, one voice against the many. You do not have to be so passive agressive anymore, regular agression is what is needed here. It is our passivity that has our government enboldened to take our freedoms away. If they thought for a minute that a million American citizens would be coming over the hill with shotguns and homemade bombs to lynch the whole lot of them, they might act a little differently. If they thought that we would stand up and hold an Article V Convention and re-write our laws ourselves, they might take their oaths a little more seriously, and treat it less like a cash cow.

But they don't believe that will ever happen. They believe that we will continue to wave signs and chant and be a nuisance. And they will continue to ignore us.

And they believe that is as far as it will ever ever go.

But they're wrong.

It is time to stand up and tell them you have had enough of being marginalized. Because until you do, people will continue to believe them when they call you a crazy old kook. When the other candidates are sitting there with their smarmy smiles that turn my stomach... when they laugh inwardly at how they get all the attention even though they're as crooked as cooked spaghetti, while the real McCoy sits right beside them and is not recognized for the solid true hope that he represents, that is when you need to get angry. Right then.

While bad foreign policy got us into the mess we're in, and proper foreign policy will eventually get us out of it, people need to know that you have what it takes to deal with another terrorist attack, should one occur. You have shown everyone that you have brains and morals. But now they need to see the steel beneath.

Just look at the damage that has been done to our wonderful nation by the corruption that is present in ALL THREE BRANCHES of government. And think forward to the damage that will be done by your opponents should you fail.

Stand up Dr Paul. Get angry. Stop smiling. You have to show the American people that you not only have the brains and the ideals neccessary, but you have the will to command, and the self respect to punch someone in the mouth if they disrespect you. Equal respect for everyone means you must respect yourself just as much as you do anyone else.

If you do not get angry, if you do not denounce the media directly for how you have been treated, if you do not do this, you can not truly say that you did everything that you could.

Dr. Paul, I hope and pray that you will win. Even though in the short term, some of your policies will make my life much harder for my family. Income Tax time is a time that people like me look forward to. Earned Income Credit and the fact that my wife and I have a child means that I get back a couple thousand dollars more than I put in. If you are elected, you propose to make the IRS go away, and in conjunction, that yearly tax check will go away as well. But losing that yearly windfall is worth it to see something done about the rampant corruption in Washington.

I have not been able to afford to contribute monetarily. My bills are behind right now as it is. But your victory is in my thoughts, wishes, and prayers.

We the people are pissed off, Dr. Paul, to put it mildly. As our representative, shouldn't you be as well?

Your opponents are dirty lying scum who deserve to be taken to task for who they really represent. I hope and pray that next time you are at a debate, you come out of your corner swinging!

The problem as I see it is that you do not appeal to the mob mind, the inner part of us that loves to watch domestic disputes on daytime TV and scream "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" Your ideas and ideals are impeccable, but that does not endear you to all the ordinary Joes and Mikes and Bob's that will gather around today to watch a grueling Superbowl Sunday. And in order to get in that Oval Office you MUST appeal to these people. As much as I hate him, Rudy Gulliani knows how to portray a commanding presence. Like when he tried to rebut your comments about the cause of 9/11. Of course he was wrong, but he showed strength there, and the mob noticed. They noticed enough to take a better look at Rudy, which subsequently left them dissatisfied. But if they take a closer look at you, Dr. Paul, they will not go away dissatisfied. Instead they will become a supporter.

Perhaps THAT is where Mitt and John's smarmy smiles were coming from as you sat in the Reagan Library and denounced their pitiful contrivances of foreign policy and economic security. They knew that as you sat there speaking sound and fruitful truths about what is going on and what needs to happen, that the eyes and ears of the general public are glazing over. They know that the common man doesn't understand economics or the finer points of diplomacy. They know who their audience is, whereas when you began this you had no idea who your audience would turn out to be. They know that the mob mentality does not understand your words. The mob doesn't have the vocabulary for it. The mob is just slightly impressed with your "smartness" but not enough to vote for you over a scrapper like McCain. Or a pretty boy like Mittens.

What about Mittens? Yes, Romney is funding his own campaign. But why? President's salary isn't all that much in comparison to a business shark like Mitt. Obviosly he has some plan to get his money back. How do you think he intends to do this? By milking this country for every dime he can squeeze out of it. Its just simple ROI. Return On Investment. Romney is smart. He's worked it out. Call him out on it. Ask him how he plans on getting his money back. Ask him to detail how he got his fortune in the first place, by tearing apart companies and throwing them to the wolves. By laying off and firing people wholesale. You do not need to sling mud, you only have to shine a light on the mud he is already covered in.

McCain seems like he genuinely believes what he is saying, but he is just so far off from reality that while I think I could get to like his character, if he were to go all the way we'd just get another term of a president who feels he doesn't need to listen to anyone else, including congress or the American people. He would use the powers that the Bush Administration have gathered up and he would rule this country with an iron fist, and a deaf ear. Because McCain knows best, or at least he believes he does. Ask McCain if he will continue President Bush's habit of sequestering protesters out of his sight and ignoring his opposition. Ask McCain how he will deal with dissent. Ask McCain how he will keep himself from breaking Bush's all time record of low approval ratings as he bankrupts our country to fight a war that even our troops think is pointless.

On the subject of your congressional bid, I would like to say that while I understand the logic in running your congressional campaign concurrently, it feels like you are hedging your bets. And while I would rather have you in congress than to not have your voice in Washington at all, it just deadens my spirit to think that you yourself have accepted that you will not win, but that you just go on so as not to disappoint us by quitting early.

Say it ain't so. Please. Give this everything you've got.

Get angry.

Get loud.

Get noticed.

God bless you Ron Paul,

Jeff Smith,

Registered Republican
Russell Springs KY

RPForPeace
02-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Wow!!!!!!

nate895
02-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Why would you post something negative right off the bat? The man is 72-years-old.

miketwalker
02-03-2008, 11:34 PM
As much as I wish he would do something like you said here, I think he is very much a Gandhi moral-driven person. If you think about it, if he broke down and started throwing dirt like these other candidates we all would probably find ourselves (though entertained) a bit disappointed that the belief we support became the mainstream. We're trying to convert the mainstream, we can't become them in the process if we want to change it (look at McCain as a perfect example of a person with conservative views that gets mixed up by the machine).

If Ron Paul loses this fight, he will only be a martyr to us all. Though he may not win now, he will have 1000 people fighting for his cause the next election cycle in higher positions yet if he dropped to their level and lost our support this "revolution" would die since we wouldn't find our motivation continuing.

pacelli
02-03-2008, 11:38 PM
Watch this. It is current and from campaign HQ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0nJH6zB9VM

CyberCod
02-04-2008, 05:21 AM
Watch this. It is current and from campaign HQ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0nJH6zB9VM

Thanks, I feel a little better.

To the other reply that said that we basically need to convert the masses (mainstream) to our way of thinking, the masses have thought the way they do for eons. As far back as Rome and the Colliseum. You cannot artificially raise the IQ of our entire nation to where they will understand the jargon that goes along with Dr. Paul's platform. You just end up making them feel stupid. Which means they will not vote for Dr. Paul. They will vote for the candidate that makes them feel self-important.

What is NEEDED here is to have all the candidates in a round table meeting, with NO proctor, no live audience, just cameras. Maybe a deck of cards.

Then the people would get a real idea of who these people really are.

Is it still considered slinging dirt if you say it to their face?

I'm not talking about dirty advertisements, I'm talking about getting angry when he is slighted on the debates. And when he says his piece against the media, he isn't slamming another candidate, now is he.

hells_unicorn
02-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks, I feel a little better.

To the other reply that said that we basically need to convert the masses (mainstream) to our way of thinking, the masses have thought the way they do for eons. As far back as Rome and the Colliseum. You cannot artificially raise the IQ of our entire nation to where they will understand the jargon that goes along with Dr. Paul's platform. You just end up making them feel stupid. Which means they will not vote for Dr. Paul. They will vote for the candidate that makes them feel self-important.

What is NEEDED here is to have all the candidates in a round table meeting, with NO proctor, no live audience, just cameras. Maybe a deck of cards.

Then the people would get a real idea of who these people really are.

Is it still considered slinging dirt if you say it to their face?

I'm not talking about dirty advertisements, I'm talking about getting angry when he is slighted on the debates. And when he says his piece against the media, he isn't slamming another candidate, now is he.

If you and enough other people get angry we win, if Ron Paul gets angry, we lose. Take your anger out on our enemies, organize boycotts of the media and it's sponsors, you will not hurt them by trying to push Paul into becoming another Howard Dean.

CyberCod
02-04-2008, 05:43 PM
If you and enough other people get angry we win, if Ron Paul gets angry, we lose. Take your anger out on our enemies, organize boycotts of the media and it's sponsors, you will not hurt them by trying to push Paul into becoming another Howard Dean.

Sure dude, whatever.

I wasn't writing the letter to you anyway. As you can see the title isn't "Open letter to some random guy on RonPaulForums.org" I posted it on my blog as well, and I put that on Digg... so far its getting a little attention. If it gets big enough perhaps Ron will read it. In any case, I didn't write it so that I could sit and defend my beliefs against forum enforcers. If the man is unapproachable now, that doesn't bode well for how it will be when he becomes president.

Now I gotta go find out who Howard Dean is. :P

In case you were reading too literally, I don't mean the man should physically punch anyone. Its a figure of speech.

Y'know, a lot of people are getting involved in this election that haven't been politically charged at any time before in their lives. Before now I personally couldn't give a rats ass who ran the country because I honestly couldn't tell any difference between one smarmy plastic smile and another smarmy plastic smile.

As a result of this newly minted involvement, I don't get it when you name-drop so and so, because up until now, I didn't care enough to remember names.

Sorry for that, but thats what happens when political activism gets new blood.

Anyone else got bad things to say about what I wrote? Fine. Let 'er rip.

How about a showing of hands as to who agrees with me?

Hiki
02-05-2008, 08:21 AM
I think you're right. Paul should really raise his voice and bring some real issues on the table especially in the debates.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=90ELleCQvew&feature=related

123tim
02-05-2008, 08:25 AM
CyberCod,

Have you become a delegate for Ron Paul and a Precinct leader for your area?

WilliamC
02-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Problem is there is a fine line between righteous indignation and real anger.

He does have the righteous indignation part down pretty well, as was demonstrated in the debate where he took on Huckabee and the moderator about the war in Iraq and had his great line "We should take our marching orders from the Constitution!"

Ron Paul is who he is, and if he tries to become "angry" just to score political points it could easily backfire and lessen his credibility.

And don't think for a minute that he is not credible. He is. His opponents know it and the talking heads in the MSM know it. Why else do they try so hard to ignore and marginalize him?

So I don't think we will ever see this type of transformation from Ron Paul.

I just hope that there will be a new crop of politicians coming up in the next few years who accept Ron Paul's positions, are not afraid to associate themselves with his good name, and who have the charisma and fire to win over the mob and the masses.

The rEVOLution is just beginning....

ziggrl
02-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Get 1988 Morton Downey Jr. show angry!!

ambiguousscion
02-05-2008, 08:56 AM
"Don't cast your pearls before swine"... and watch out for mental/verbal ... diarrhea, cha cha cha, diarrhea cha cha cha.

angelatc
02-05-2008, 08:59 AM
I think he already comes off as too angry. So good luck with your request for a show of hands.

Meekus
02-05-2008, 09:11 AM
I can understand the OP's frustration. But, I think Ron Paul is who he is. He introduced many to the ideals of freedom and liberty. He struck a chord with all who are supporting him. So much in fact, he has turned apathy into activism. That is his strength.

That being said, I am encouraged by the OP's passion. I think someone with his fire may do well at running for something at the local level!

lupester
02-05-2008, 09:11 AM
What you fail to see is that with 4 guys on the stage he cannot deliver the death blow because it is disbursed between them. If he gets momentum they can team up on him. Would it not be great when Huckelby is out, and Romney drops out....then on the stage where the media cannot black him out he delivers aggressive blow after blow against a single target? Thats how you win. He has to wait until the end. Only 10% of people know who he is....he has to be on stage, one on one with the last man then his face will be on every paper. We have to keep spreading the word. People need to see his name on our yard signs because they don't know who he is!

RonRules
02-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Ron Paul is waiting to get more assertive. He won't get angry, it's not his style. We have to wait for McCain to lead and Romney and Huck to pull out.

McCain can totally loose his temper and that won't TV well for him. Ron Paul cool demeanor will prevail.

After it's just down to McCain & Ron, Ron should go 3rd party.

With Obama making serious progress, it's quite possible that the final choice will be McCain, Obama and Ron Paul.

Seriously, who's going to win that one!

freesoul
02-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Dr. Paul, I hope and pray that you will win. Even though in the short term, some of your policies will make my life much harder for my family. Income Tax time is a time that people like me look forward to. Earned Income Credit and the fact that my wife and I have a child means that I get back a couple thousand dollars more than I put in. If you are elected, you propose to make the IRS go away, and in conjunction, that yearly tax check will go away as well. But losing that yearly windfall is worth it to see something done about the rampant corruption in Washington.

Good letter and stunning admission. Ron Paul does need to show his angry side a little. Call the others out on their lies.

Gimme Some Truth
02-05-2008, 12:03 PM
I dont get you people who demand he gets "angry". Have you not been following Ron for long? He's spent a hell of alot of time being "angry". He's pretty much denounced the last 80 years of US history and called out the culprits. There has not been a Presidential candidate who has called out those bastards and spoke so much truth , probably EVER. Think for a minute on what he has done.

I think the exact opposite. Ron needs to be more likable and talk about the goodness of America/ns . He needs to give the people some hope and paint a picture of how much better a Ron Paul Presidency would be.

Why? because your average Joe isnt after a history lesson , especially when the lesson contains the truth that the US hasnt always been the "good guys". There are alot of pseudo-patriots in America who like to feel good about themselves and their country. They want hope.. and Ron has offered hardly any at all.
Also, believe it or not, but your average Joe and your moderate Neo-Cons (same thing?) already think he is "an angry old man". Infact , these same people were really beginning to like Ron Paul in the debate before last. Why? because it was the 1st debate that Ron wasnt so heavy on the American foreign policy failures and evils.
Since the majority of us are up to speed on political history and the influence of the MIC and the media ,we are angry ..very angry. Your average Joe? not so much. We want Ron Paul to get really angry and act as our revenge tool. Its understandable, but foolhardy. He needs votes and moderate neocons and your average joe is who he needs to get them off.

Know your target and play to its weakness.

CyberCod
02-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Y'know, I agree with the whole non-interventionalism and all that. I really do. But nowhere in all of the Libertarian dogma/doctrine, does it state that you should let an entity walk all over you without fear of reprisal.

The Libertarian view is that war should be declared, I'm all for that as well.

Perhaps we, as Ron Paul supporters, need to declare war on the media.

CyberCod,

Have you become a delegate for Ron Paul and a Precinct leader for your area?

I don't have a single solitary clue as to how to go about that, or what it entails.

Care to clue me in?

If it involves money, I can't. As I already mentioned, I'm completely broke.

funkyboss
02-05-2008, 12:44 PM
I don't have a single solitary clue as to how to go about that, or what it entails.

Care to clue me in?

If it involves money, I can't. As I already mentioned, I'm completely broke.

delegate info: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=112131&highlight=become+delegate

precinct leader info: https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

lucynuts
02-05-2008, 01:37 PM
I'm with CyberCod its time to get angry.

I tried to post this on the CNN blog for the last GOP debate at the Reagan Library.

"
During the debate I could only think of Lou Dobb's piece that occurred before the debate.
It seems he as well as many other Americans are fed up with government politics and how the government doesn't listen to the people.
We are now living in an era in which two parties, Republicans and Democrats, have complete control.
It seems hard for me to believe that three hundred million plus Americans can declare themselves either Democrat or Republican.
Worst of all the more I listen to the debates on both parties, the more I come to realize that the message of both parties is the same.
Bigger government, more socialized care, and although most the Republicans say they will cut taxes it seems obvious to me that the only way
any of these candidates can keep their promises would be to raise taxes. We are truly living in a new era in which the voice of the people is not heard.
Sadly the one candidate that I can tolerate listening to had the least amount of time at tonight's debate I do not dare write his name in fear of
censorship because that is clearly what has happened.
In a Country that was created due to taxation without representation it seems clear to me that we have ventured far off course.
I will leave you with a few quotes from my favorite comedian who I can assure you was not being comedic when he made them.

"The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners they own you. They own everything ... They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well informed well educated people capable of critical thinking."
"It's a big club and you ain't in it. You and I are not in the big club. The table is tilted the game is rigged and nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care."
"American's will probably remain willfully ignorant because the owners of this country know the truth it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - "George Carlin"

Thank you for reading my thoughts obviously "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore."
"

It's time we the people took this country back, REVOLUTION style.

CyberCod
02-05-2008, 05:27 PM
delegate info: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=112131&highlight=become+delegate

precinct leader info: https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

Well isn't that a kick in the face.

I followed some links to see how many people have donated from my zip code....

42642, check it yourself

Zero. Zilch. Nada.

I tell you, this area just isn't very political.

Other than the price of gas, nothing here changes that much.

Kentucky would be an easy state to win if Dr. Paul would do some campaigning here now and give the people time to get off their butts and find out about him.

Adolph Giulianni did some early campaigning here, and I started to hear about how some people thought he was a good choice. And I quickly told him his finer points and then they changed their mind. If Ron Paul does NOTHING else, at least he got that turd out of the race.

Kentuckians are slow to form their opinions of political things, and fiercely loyal once they have made up their mind. The people who were talking about Rudy weren't really advocating him seriously, it was their way of casting about for the opinion of others.

Putting some commercials on the air two weeks before the primary is WAAAAY too late. They need that stuff on here now. Just once or twice a week to get people talking. When politicians spam the TV every five minutes with endless repetitive commercials, it just pisses people off.

Most candidates tend to not think of us until its time for our primary, a few months from now.

And that is just far too late

kyleAF
02-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Watch this:

http://www.justin.tv/ronpaultv/65391/Ron_Paul_Live_From_U_of_M_in_Minnesota_Mo

I see some fire in his words now.

"Maybe when this National ID card comes online in May, our REVOLUTION will get some REAL momentum!"

That speaks to me.

Soccrmastr
02-05-2008, 06:03 PM
OP is a noob lol. We're here to talk about super tuesday not write bat-shit insane letters that no one really cares about.

CyberCod
02-09-2008, 01:34 PM
OP is a noob lol. We're here to talk about super tuesday not write bat-shit insane letters that no one really cares about.

I'm glad to know that your opinion weighs so much more than mine. Now I can sleep peacefully knowing that your strategy will win and the world will be a better place.

Oops, no wait a minute. We're losing. I take it back, you still suck.

Its not "bat-shit insane" to take a honest appraisal of what the general public consists of and try to figure a way to deliver OUR message in a package that they will be enticed to receive.

It IS bat-shit insane to expect to win simply because one is "correct". If being right and just won elections, we wouldn't be in the situation we are in because righteous and just statesmen would be in charge, instead of the crooks we have in there now.

If you wanna win something that is basically a super-complicated popularity contest, you can't continue acting like the elitist prick that you are currently being.

I wish the world DID work in such a way that the best idea always won out. But it doesn't. So when you get tired of playing Chutes and Ladders in fantasyland, and you actually want to WIN an election, that same mob mentalitly will still be sitting out there slavering and drooling over its American Idol and General Hospital, waiting for you to show it something shiny.

Until then, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Kaneda
02-09-2008, 08:40 PM
I think it is high time to get angry

It is time to show dedication for the cause. I know, look at me talking from across the Atlantic. I wish i could do more than hacking these words onto my keyboard. Over here, people are totally complacant. They did NEVER smell REAL freedom. Oh wait, they did. Between 1945 and around 1965. But it came and went and the people were like "Huh? What was that?". Government was small back then (well, i'd better say flat, bombs can be really unhealthy for government) They now call it "the german wonder", and noone has any clue, why post-war Germanys economy went into overdrive... For the Japanese it was the same. Now we are back to the "Where the hell is the toilet paper?", "Government didn't provide any this month" mode.

But for the americans, the tradition of liberty is long and has deep roots. And you have now around 5% of the population wide awake and conscious about the problem, and they are mad as hell. The other 95% don't see a revolution, they only see a candidate daring to use the word "revolution" for his campaign. They don't see the resolve. But Ron Paul isn't the man to become angry, he is the man to rally people.

I think it is time for massive civil disobediance, it's time to show the rest of the american people that the revolution means business. And i think it's also high time to rally the people of other countries. This isn't only an american problem, big government is a threat to every country, we know this now, more than ever. The socialists thought internationally, why not the libertarians?

I hate to say this, but the only means to change things is to start hurting. Look into history, there never were other effective means. Even Ghandi or M. L. King DID hurt. It was a kind of peaceful pain because it was the economic club they used, but it still created a lot of headache. People change their ways only if the alternative is painful, ESPECIALLY those with their butts well placed on comfy chairs.

You have to have the numbers to make a difference, and in America, you have those numbers now. Even 1% of the population can cause mayhem just by stopping playing along. Over here, people are unhappy, mental depression is rampant and nobody trusts the politicians anymore. But the people in Germany, and i dare say in almost all of Europe, have NO idea what is happening to them, so there is no movement. I pray for a wake-up call.

Even a small number of dedicated people can have an huge impact simply by stopping complying. The media calls Ron Paul crasy? Show them some REAL crasy. They want you to use Dollars? Use Swiss money. Or gold. Or cigarettes, like in post war europe. I'd love to see that. Trade is taxed? Create black markets. I always prefer legal means to protest against injustice, but do we have to wait until every way to protest has become illegal?

Today, the fight takes place on the internet. And we are WINNING this fight. Ron Paul fought for many many years, but suddenly, there was this information network, which got organized and when the first libertarian presidential candidate came along, WHAM, huge impact! Coincidence? Hell no. Use the recources. Confront people with the information here, especially those not using the internet to inform themselves. There are TONS of videos on youtube alone which prove Ron Pauls statements. And there are TONS of videos which can make people really really angry. People will not listen when you tell them the dollar is crashing and government is rampant, they don't care. Show them the results of a crashing dollar and an all mighty government (like those cops abusing their power to strip search a woman who called them for help in the first place), and they will start caring.

Some pissed off german

Liberté
02-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Get angry? Why, this Nation has the government they voted for! That is very Republican...

It's time to get involved. The only thing getting angry has done is alienate the mainstream. How about you guys that are so "angry" get a paper bag, go into your basement, scream/yell/cry into the bag. Tie the bag closed, dig a whole, and bury it.

Then come back upstairs and get involved. Canvass for Ron Paul, canvass for your local Liberty Candidates, Serve as Election Judges, Go to GOP meetings, etc...

MelissaCato
02-09-2008, 09:25 PM
I think it is high time to get angry

It is time to show dedication for the cause. I know, look at me talking from across the Atlantic. I wish i could do more than hacking these words onto my keyboard. Over here, people are totally complacant. They did NEVER smell REAL freedom. Oh wait, they did. Between 1945 and around 1965. But it came and went and the people were like "Huh? What was that?". Government was small back then (well, i'd better say flat, bombs can be really unhealthy for government) They now call it "the german wonder", and noone has any clue, why post-war Germanys economy went into overdrive... For the Japanese it was the same. Now we are back to the "Where the hell is the toilet paper?", "Government didn't provide any this month" mode.

But for the americans, the tradition of liberty is long and has deep roots. And you have now around 5% of the population wide awake and conscious about the problem, and they are mad as hell. The other 95% don't see a revolution, they only see a candidate daring to use the word "revolution" for his campaign. They don't see the resolve. But Ron Paul isn't the man to become angry, he is the man to rally people.

I think it is time for massive civil disobediance, it's time to show the rest of the american people that the revolution means business. And i think it's also high time to rally the people of other countries. This isn't only an american problem, big government is a threat to every country, we know this now, more than ever. The socialists thought internationally, why not the libertarians?

I hate to say this, but the only means to change things is to start hurting. Look into history, there never were other effective means. Even Ghandi or M. L. King DID hurt. It was a kind of peaceful pain because it was the economic club they used, but it still created a lot of headache. People change their ways only if the alternative is painful, ESPECIALLY those with their butts well placed on comfy chairs.

You have to have the numbers to make a difference, and in America, you have those numbers now. Even 1% of the population can cause mayhem just by stopping playing along. Over here, people are unhappy, mental depression is rampant and nobody trusts the politicians anymore. But the people in Germany, and i dare say in almost all of Europe, have NO idea what is happening to them, so there is no movement. I pray for a wake-up call.

Even a small number of dedicated people can have an huge impact simply by stopping complying. The media calls Ron Paul crasy? Show them some REAL crasy. They want you to use Dollars? Use Swiss money. Or gold. Or cigarettes, like in post war europe. I'd love to see that. Trade is taxed? Create black markets. I always prefer legal means to protest against injustice, but do we have to wait until every way to protest has become illegal?

Today, the fight takes place on the internet. And we are WINNING this fight. Ron Paul fought for many many years, but suddenly, there was this information network, which got organized and when the first libertarian presidential candidate came along, WHAM, huge impact! Coincidence? Hell no. Use the recources. Confront people with the information here, especially those not using the internet to inform themselves. There are TONS of videos on youtube alone which prove Ron Pauls statements. And there are TONS of videos which can make people really really angry. People will not listen when you tell them the dollar is crashing and government is rampant, they don't care. Show them the results of a crashing dollar and an all mighty government (like those cops abusing their power to strip search a woman who called them for help in the first place), and they will start caring.

Some pissed off german

Very nice post Kaneda.

jmdrake
02-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Why would you post something negative right off the bat? The man is 72-years-old.

There is nothing negative about his letter and we all new Ron Paul was 72 when this race started. Age has nothing to do with it. Ronald Reagan was the same age when he ran for president. And like him or not, Reagan will always be remembered for standing up for himself and saying "I paid for that microphone". In the OP's letter I hear respect. Urgency yes, but laced with deep respect. It's like a trainer giving a fighter a pep talk.

Frankly I wish Ron Paul had LONG AGO started throwing some more serious punches. It's not enough to talk about "blowback". He should have pointed out that first responders are mad as hell at Rudy Giuliani for not providing proper radios before 9/11 and proper breathing equipment post 9/11. He should have made that into a TV commercial. He should have pointed out just how BADLY things are going in Afghanistan while everyone is trying to crow about the "surge". He should have made a commercial out of the national intelligence estimate that Al Qaeda has regrouped in Pakistan and is now stronger than ever. And in that commercial he should have talked about his "Letters of Marquee and Reprisal" proposal and how it's the only new plan put forward to actually get Al Qaeda rather than simply trying to shore up a war in Iraq that has NOTHING to do with 9/11. That should have at LEAST been put into a slim jim. If he gets another shot at a debate he MUST take the fight to the enemy about the war on terror. Quit trying to win Tancredo's < 2% vote on the immigration issue. A January 2008 poll showed that 32% of republicans want out of Iraq within a year. So why in the HELL are we not polling 32% nationally?

Regards,

John M. Drake

CyberCod
02-09-2008, 10:19 PM
There is nothing negative about his letter and we all new Ron Paul was 72 when this race started. Age has nothing to do with it. Ronald Reagan was the same age when he ran for president. And like him or not, Reagan will always be remembered for standing up for himself and saying "I paid for that microphone". In the OP's letter I hear respect. Urgency yes, but laced with deep respect. It's like a trainer giving a fighter a pep talk.

Frankly I wish Ron Paul had LONG AGO started throwing some more serious punches. It's not enough to talk about "blowback". He should have pointed out that first responders are mad as hell at Rudy Giuliani for not providing proper radios before 9/11 and proper breathing equipment post 9/11. He should have made that into a TV commercial. He should have pointed out just how BADLY things are going in Afghanistan while everyone is trying to crow about the "surge". He should have made a commercial out of the national intelligence estimate that Al Qaeda has regrouped in Pakistan and is now stronger than ever. And in that commercial he should have talked about his "Letters of Marquee and Reprisal" proposal and how it's the only new plan put forward to actually get Al Qaeda rather than simply trying to shore up a war in Iraq that has NOTHING to do with 9/11. That should have at LEAST been put into a slim jim. If he gets another shot at a debate he MUST take the fight to the enemy about the war on terror. Quit trying to win Tancredo's < 2% vote on the immigration issue. A January 2008 poll showed that 32% of republicans want out of Iraq within a year. So why in the HELL are we not polling 32% nationally?

Regards,

John M. Drake

Thank you,

I'm glad to see someone understood what I truly meant. I meant NO disrespect to Dr. Paul at all. There's not many people on the planet I feel that I'd take a bullet for, but he is a definite.

You wanna really get people's attention? You want to use the media instead of being used BY the media? How bout this for headlines: Ron Paul Supporters arrested for hitting Donald Rumsfeld in the face with a Lemon Meringue Pie!

Start shooting Bill Clinton with super soakers full of Jergen's Lotion whenever you see him. Remind him of why we do not take him seriously. Ladies, start wearing blue dresses with white stains to every speaking engagement the man goes to.

Running around trying to play the game better than the other guy DOES NOT WORK when the entire game as been warped against you.

Our forefathers dumped a shitload in of tea in the boston harbor to show their position. We just throw money around in typical modern American fashion. Surely our money will get the job done.

No.

From time to time the tree of liberty must be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

What will get the job done is causing a ruckus, a few people getting shot and martial law being declared over a free speech issue.

That has a better chance of waking the public up to how many rights we have lost than your plan of going door to door and pestering people who would rather be watching Oprah.

You wanna make phone calls and put signs in your yard. You go ahead. The American brain is trained to filter out unwanted advertisement from the age of 5. Good luck.

You think TV time will really help? There's always public access, if you think you can get people to watch. You have a lot to compete with.

Don't air during American Idol, or WWE.

Face it folks, we Americans are fat, lazy, and spoiled. We are too good to do hard manual labor unless we either get paid tons of money, we have a union, and benefits, or we don't have any other choice. Thats why the jobs are going elsewhere. We're too good for them.

They are beneath us. What we call a minimum wage, others would call a fortune.

We are pussywhipped whiney babies, and we are finally getting what is coming to us because we are too busy pounding junk food and watching the idiot box to realize our country and our future is being stolen.

One thing is for damn sure, it will get worse before it gets better.

Kaneda
02-10-2008, 04:52 AM
The American brain is trained to filter out unwanted advertisement from the age of 5. Good luck

Yeah, anything that the FCC allows won't wake people. Same thing applies to all westernized countries.

Face it folks, we Americans are fat, lazy, and spoiled. We are too good to do hard manual labor unless we either get paid tons of money, we have a union, and benefits, or we don't have any other choice. Thats why the jobs are going elsewhere. We're too good for them.

Again, same in Europe. This is how people get racist. And it is a typical democratic problem. The people voted themselves into this. It is comfy in the short run, but in the long run... outch.

CyberCod
02-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Just watched the 83 minute lecture. Actually quite good. Capturing the flv to show to friends offline.

Crickett
02-10-2008, 05:38 PM

Regards,

John M. Drake
Yes..there are things. Do you think it is right that the Federal government tells teachers what they can teach your children?? Maybe in a communist country it could be, but not in America..we need to get RID of the dept of education! More emotion along with the facts. He needs to start "swaying" people.

CyberCod
02-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Get angry? Why, this Nation has the government they voted for! That is very Republican...

It's time to get involved. The only thing getting angry has done is alienate the mainstream. How about you guys that are so "angry" get a paper bag, go into your basement, scream/yell/cry into the bag. Tie the bag closed, dig a whole, and bury it.

Then come back upstairs and get involved. Canvass for Ron Paul, canvass for your local Liberty Candidates, Serve as Election Judges, Go to GOP meetings, etc...

Can't scream/yell/cry right now. I've got strep throat.

I am very glad that you are out there doing what you do. I would feel very proud to be in your shoes as a pledged delegate. I hope we end up with a whole lot more pledged delegates. You rule, bring your buddies.

That being said, you do the revolution your way, and I'll do it mine. I know the area I live in a whole lot better than you, Its rife with old-boy politicians and a church on every other corner.

I really hope and pray that we can win your way. And yes, I do plan on getting involved locally. What form that takes I'm not sure yet.

Could be I join the GOP... Could be I create an underground newspaper.

Here's a thought, how about you respect the idea of personal freedom and stop telling me whether I should or shouldn't be pissed off.

That would be just great. K? Thanks.

CyberCod
02-13-2008, 05:31 AM
A friend of mine said something yesterday that struck me pretty hard.

Keep in mind that I personally LIKE Ron Paul, and I would be nothing short of ecstatic if he won.

He said, "If they just got a charismatic actor to play the part of Ron Paul in this election, he would've won it hands down. His ideas are great, but he just doesn't sway the crowds like he should."

This was from a die-hard republican who is doesn't want to vote for McCain because he is to liberal, but feels compelled to vote against the healthcare plans the democrats are advocating.

Just food for thought.

And I am still meeting people from day to day who don't even know who Ron Paul is.

Of course, I tell them. What they do after that, I couldn't tell you.

EDIT:

I have been thinking about this. I've come to have the opinion that my friend may have been right. Most Ron Paul supporters are the kind of people who have the ability to get excited by an idea. We listen to what Dr. Paul says, and it strikes true within us. I know I am like that, I can get charged by a good idea like that. I can also get pissed off over a matter or principle for an indefinite amount of time.

Most people aren't like that. Most people get excited by a good story, or by a passionate speaker. Most people don't have a good enough grasp on economics and the world at large to fully understand Ron Paul's ideas.

How do we get his message to THOSE kind of people?