PDA

View Full Version : De-Paulization

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 07:30 PM
For those who have studied history, you might be familer with a concept called "DeStalinization"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destalinization#De.E2.88.92Stalinization_and_the_K hrushchev_era

Essentially after Stalin was dead, the government began to erase all existence of record of him ever existing. They blotted him out of films, didn't discuss him, erased his name out of books, etc....

I believe the exact same thing is happening to Ron Paul. The censorship/propaganda methods and techniques used in the Soviet Union are now being used on Dr. Ron Paul here in the United States.

At least two major newspapers today in Super Tuesday states have completely omitted Ron Paul in their "voters guide". This was clearly intentional as evidenced by the pictures in the post below:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110545

Agora
02-03-2008, 07:41 PM
not the best comparison...cccc...stalin used very similar methods of wiping out the critics, and what's more important - they cultivated the atmosphere of fear, silence and obedience.

So - what's on are stalinist methods, not destalinization.

key word - the suitability

diesirae
02-03-2008, 10:18 PM
not the best comparison...cccc...stalin used very similar methods of wiping out the critics, and what's more important - they cultivated the atmosphere of fear, silence and obedience.

So - what's on are stalinist methods, not destalinization.

key word - the suitability

"Not the best comparison" is the understatement of the century, since the term "deStalinization" means nearly the exact opposite of what the original post said.

Not to mention the order of magnitude difference in type.

Dave Pedersen
02-03-2008, 10:28 PM
http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/WTARC/2008/ss_politics_02_04.asp

The article is great. Thanks.

mokkan88
02-03-2008, 10:40 PM
We are the Revolution. It's not going anywhere, don't worry. :)

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 10:44 PM
"Not the best comparison" is the understatement of the century, since the term "deStalinization" means nearly the exact opposite of what the original post said.Can you please link to some sources (not Wiki).

I had always thought that de-Stalinization meant removing anything to do with Stalin from Soviet society? If I am incorrect please show me correct information.

mokkan88
02-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Someone please quote me. That was my feel-good moment.

diesirae
02-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Can you please link to some sources (not Wiki).

I had always thought that de-Stalinization meant removing anything to do with Stalin from Soviet society? If I am incorrect please show me correct information.

The Limits of Destalinization in the Soviet Union: Political Rehabilitation in the Soviet Union since Stalin by Albert P. van Goudoever; Frans Hijkoop

Khrushchev's Image in the Light of Glasnost and Perestroika, by David Nordlander
Russian Review; 1993

Review of the first is available in JSTOR, fulltext for the second is as well.

RucdelaSpook
02-04-2008, 01:15 AM
We are the Revolution. It's not going anywhere, don't worry. :)

No worries here! :D