PDA

View Full Version : IRS Strike Day - Are you in?

All Seeing Eye
02-03-2008, 06:28 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dliefz5L_c

An international strike day against the banking system. April 15th 2008, the day the IRS was founded.

Will any of you join us?

PS - Master Admin, this is the last topic area I will post this in. I just thought that it was really important!

asgardshill
02-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Pass. I just filed my taxes and got back my usual miniscule (on purpose) "refund".

All Seeing Eye
02-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Pass. I just filed my taxes and got back my usual miniscule (on purpose) "refund".

I don't understand why that means that you cannot take part in some way..for example, not purchase anything that day? Withdraw your money from the bank?
Refuse to go to work for a day?

How deeply do you believe in this message? It seems to me that an awful lot of people don't actually believe that the IRS and the Federal Reserve will ever be gone. What are you so afraid of?

They are corrupt, false institutions who deserve to be closed (hence why we are all here right?) and yet people are refusing to take part in a little non-violent, international civil disobedience?

Is this not exactly our goal and our message? To rid ourselves of these institutions and the illegitimate claims they have over us?

Ron Paul has told all of us that these orgnaisations are fraudulant, that they are composed of thieves and liers and that he supports civil disobedience and yet we are afraid to ake part in a one day stirike?

I am loosing my faith in this movement by the day.

:(

asgardshill
02-03-2008, 06:59 PM
If you're "losing your faith" based on one response to a post on the Internet, then it was probably not that strong to begin with. Yes I hate paying taxes (and I pay a lot of them). But I also have an aversion to jail in any form. You have my complete moral support, if not my physical "put my own shiny sacred backside on the line" support.

HillbillyDan
02-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Oh hell yes, I'll be striking on Apr 15, 2008!

amy31416
02-03-2008, 07:53 PM

For good reason, I can't speak to this topic. Not here or anywhere.

rp4prez
02-03-2008, 07:57 PM
just think if everyone striked against the IRS there is nothing that they could really do. Just think about the peer 2 peer illegal music downloading. Millions of people do it and they can't possibly go after everyone. ;)

amy31416
02-03-2008, 08:20 PM
just think if everyone striked against the IRS there is nothing that they could really do. Just think about the peer 2 peer illegal music downloading. Millions of people do it and they can't possibly go after everyone. ;)

Yeah. There is safety in numbers.

It's the numbers that are hard to come by. +1 here.

All Seeing Eye
02-04-2008, 04:22 AM
If you're "losing your faith" based on one response to a post on the Internet, then it was probably not that strong to begin with. Yes I hate paying taxes (and I pay a lot of them). But I also have an aversion to jail in any form. You have my complete moral support, if not my physical "put my own shiny sacred backside on the line" support.

This action will not result in going to jail...it involves nothing illegal whatsoever...it is a form of non-violent, peaceful protest. And yes, I am losing my faith...you aren't going to take part and there is another reason for that!

If Ron Paul just vanishes into the night are you all just going to revert back to how you thought before? Pretend that everything is ok? That these institutions are fair and necessary?

Why are you so reluctant to stand up to these people in that same way we have stood up to the MSM and the nay-sayers of every kind? :confused:

All Seeing Eye
02-04-2008, 04:23 AM

Thank you Dan!

All Seeing Eye
02-04-2008, 04:25 AM
Yeah. There is safety in numbers.

It's the numbers that are hard to come by. +1 here.

There is nothing to be afraid of here. It is a show of solidarity against a corrupt system, in much the same way that supporting Dr Paul is, except this can be a message from the entire world...how coold is that>

Safety in mubers is also a big plus here.

amy31416
02-04-2008, 04:47 AM
There is nothing to be afraid of here. It is a show of solidarity against a corrupt system, in much the same way that supporting Dr Paul is, except this can be a message from the entire world...how coold is that>

Safety in mubers is also a big plus here.

This is a public forum. I've "understood" this concept since the war in Iraq started...glad to see that others are coming around as well ;)

Sandman
02-04-2008, 06:06 AM
I'm in.No purcheses here and withdrawing everything..except $1

Wendi
02-04-2008, 09:35 AM
I'm in. Why not... I figure we're all going to get harassed next year because we dared to speak out against the establishment in this campaign anyway.