PDA

View Full Version : Hello . . . bear with me!

aicfan
02-03-2008, 06:20 PM
I posted for the first time earlier today . . .

I am 55 years old; a mom from the midwest (Michigan). I googled Ron Paul right before the Michigan primary because I heard his name mentioned in my hometown of Grand Rapids. It seems that his brother is a Lutheran minister here!

After I Googled him, I searched Youtube and listened to him speak on a variety of topics. I have always been pretty apathetic about politics in general. But, when I heard Dr. Paul's message, I literally felt my heart and soul awaken. I have never had anyone resonate with me like Dr. Paul! I've convinced at least one of my three sons to vote for him. I know that if I have been affected in this way, others will be as well.

I hope I have encouraged a few folks today. Keep fighting the good fight! We've only just begun!

cheese
02-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the forums! What was your favorite youtube video?

constitutional
02-03-2008, 06:21 PM
thanks, glad to have you as part of this revolution! :)
Have you seen this video: http://ronpaulishope.com/

hillertexas
02-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)
We're so glad you're here.

You're right.
This is only the beginning.

literatim
02-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Welcome!

Two of his brothers are pastors. I do believe his father wanted them all to be, but Ron Paul chose to become a doctor instead.

wgadget
02-03-2008, 06:24 PM
I posted for the first time earlier today . . .

I am 55 years old; a mom from the midwest (Michigan). I googled Ron Paul right before the Michigan primary because I heard his name mentioned in my hometown of Grand Rapids. It seems that his brother is a Lutheran minister here!

After I Googled him, I searched Youtube and listened to him speak on a variety of topics. I have always been pretty apathetic about politics in general. But, when I heard Dr. Paul's message, I literally felt my heart and soul awaken. I have never had anyone resonate with me like Dr. Paul! I've convinced at least one of my three sons to vote for him. I know that if I have been affected in this way, others will be as well.

I hope I have encouraged a few folks today. Keep fighting the good fight! We've only just begun!

Yes, ma'am, I remember the day it happened to me...It was May 9, 2007.

Thanks for helping us get the message out! And welcome to the forums.

liberteebell
02-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Hahaha, welcome to the club! I doubt there's anyone who has "received the message" that hasn't at some point felt precisely as you do. Great news: it doesn't go away! This will probably be a new way of life for you and you'll meet lots of wonderful new friends along the way. :cool:

P.S. Glad to see yet another person in my age group!

Eponym_mi
02-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Michigander (Holland)!

Paulitical Correctness
02-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Thank you so much for this. :)

ForrestLayne
02-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Welcome to the Forum - Thanks for posting that - I truly believe that once the "light" comes on there is no turning back -

Again - - WELCOME

StateofTrance
02-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Amazing Amazing..Welcome to the forums!

amy31416
02-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the forums and thanks so much for posting!

itshappening
02-03-2008, 07:12 PM
thank you for giving us heart, sometimes it is a lonley place! :D

CaliforniaGold
02-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the Awakening!

Lisa S
02-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Welcome! I know the first time I heard him speak there was no other candidate to consider. We have just got to hang in there no matter what. This is a movement that will live on and grow until it can no longer be contained. Once a wildfire starts it hard to put out and will only spread. God bless the Revolution and Ron Paul!