PDA

View Full Version : Solution to the "Third Party/Independent" posters.

Feelgood
02-03-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm sure there are alot of you that are as disgusted, sick of and fed up with those that use defeatist talk here on the forums. Ron Paul has already said repeatedly, he has absolutely no intention of running as a third party candidate. He is going to remain on the Republican ballot till the end. I just do not know how much clearer it gets, then that.

Unfortunately, the mods have no way to really keep up with, handle or reprimand such defeatist talk. The only way we will be able to win the Republican nomination, is by keeping our eye on the ball. As soon as you start talking third party, or an independent run, your eye has come off that ball, and you're now running the wrong way. If you're a real supporter of Ron Paul, you will listen to him, and realize he has no intentions of doing what you suggest. IMO this makes you a defeatist, to even talk this way.

With that said, here is my solution. Those that are consistently bringing up the third party or independent run, need to be simply ignored. I have already flagged several such posters this way. And when I mean ignored, I mean as in they no longer exist. We really need to be shielded from their negativity. Who knows, they may be part of a sleeper cell, sent to infiltrate the forums, early on. :)

Enough of you have been here long enough, and have posted enough to know as well as I do, who the defeatist are. When you come across one of these defeatist posters, this is how you put them on ignore...

1. Put your mouse on their name, located at the top left of the box their message is in. When you see the little line appear under their name, click it.

2. Mouse over to the "View Public Profile" box, and click it.

3. You'll now see that posters profile, immediately below it are two options.

a) Add user to your buddy list
b) Add user to your ignore list

4. Click on the link to add this user to your ignore list, and confirm this is what you wish to do.

5. Resume reading the forums, free of seeing anymore post from this user, knowing your are now able to enjoy reading the forums, without the negativity.

This is merely a suggestion on my part, geared towards those of you that are as fed up with these people as I am. I know youre out there, now here is one solution for you, to deal with this problem.

Good luck, and good reading on forums no longer plagued by the defeatist mentality. :)

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Cool. Then in about a month, when the only talk here is about Ron's independent run and helping other candidates for the house and senate, you can talk to the 2 other people who will be left here not supporting Ron's independent run.

Johncjackson
02-03-2008, 06:07 PM
He has said he will keep going as long as WE want him to and keep giving him money.

So what if WE decide WE want him to keep going and give him millions of dollars to actually run as a candidate on the ballot for the general election?

He will turn us down?

WE (the people who actually want the opportunity to vote for him in November) are the bad guys?

John P Slevin
02-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Cool. Then in about a month, when the only talk here is about Ron's independent run and helping other candidates for the house and senate, you can talk to the 2 other people who will be left here not supporting Ron's independent run.

And I won't be one of the two. Who is the other one?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 06:08 PM
He has said he will keep going as long as WE want him to and keep giving him money.

So what if WE decide WE want him to keep going and give him millions of dollars to actually run as a candidate on the ballot for the general election?

He will turn us down?

WE (the people who actually want the opportunity to vote for him in November) are the bad guys?

Good point, John! And remember, it was the supporters who talked Ron into getting into this race in the first place, when he was very skeptical, but it will be up to us again to convince him to run independent!

wgadget
02-03-2008, 06:08 PM
OP, I think you will find yourself in the minority.

When we started this adventure, we were not up on all the mischief created by the MSM and the GOP. We have been enlightened. Hmmmm...How about the Enlightened Party?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 06:09 PM
And I won't be one of the two. Who is the other one?

familydog.

familydog
02-03-2008, 06:14 PM
familydog.

Really? How do you figure?

See your problem, and why half the people here don't take you seriosly is that you have proven you have no idea what you're talking about. You don't. If you would actually pay attention to what people say instead of just rambling off at the mouth, you would know I said I would vote for Ron Paul no matter what.

Thanks for trying though.

Idiot.

Chomsky
02-03-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm sure there are alot of you that are as disgusted, sick of and fed up with those that use defeatist talk here on the forums. Ron Paul has already said repeatedly, he has absolutely no intention of running as a third party candidate. He is going to remain on the Republican ballot till the end. I just do not know how much clearer it gets, then that.

Unfortunately, the mods have no way to really keep up with, handle or reprimand such defeatist talk. The only way we will be able to win the Republican nomination, is by keeping our eye on the ball. As soon as you start talking third party, or an independent run, your eye has come off that ball, and you're now running the wrong way. If you're a real supporter of Ron Paul, you will listen to him, and realize he has no intentions of doing what you suggest. IMO this makes you a defeatist, to even talk this way.

With that said, here is my solution. Those that are consistently bringing up the third party or independent run, need to be simply ignored. I have already flagged several such posters this way. And when I mean ignored, I mean as in they no longer exist. We really need to be shielded from their negativity. Who knows, they may be part of a sleeper cell, sent to infiltrate the forums, early on. :)

Enough of you have been here long enough, and have posted enough to know as well as I do, who the defeatist are. When you come across one of these defeatist posters, this is how you put them on ignore...

1. Put your mouse on their name, located at the top left of the box their message is in. When you see the little line appear under their name, click it.

2. Mouse over to the "View Public Profile" box, and click it.

3. You'll now see that posters profile, immediately below it are two options.

a) Add user to your buddy list
b) Add user to your ignore list

4. Click on the link to add this user to your ignore list, and confirm this is what you wish to do.

5. Resume reading the forums, free of seeing anymore post from this user, knowing your are now able to enjoy reading the forums, without the negativity.

This is merely a suggestion on my part, geared towards those of you that are as fed up with these people as I am. I know youre out there, now here is one solution for you, to deal with this problem.

Good luck, and good reading on forums no longer plagued by the defeatist mentality. :)

If you still feel the same way Wednesday morning, more power to you!

constitutional
02-03-2008, 06:16 PM

You see, that's your problem. How about you come back in two months or this Wednesday and then talk about his independent run? Why are you harassing us now with the same repeating posts about Independent run? Are you an idiot? More importantly, why don't you go out an canvas or put up Ron Paul signs?

trey4sports
02-03-2008, 06:18 PM
good idea

rockandrollsouls
02-03-2008, 06:20 PM
sick of these spam posts. There are two now. No one brought it up, however, these "patriots" take it upon themselves to voice their almighty opinion. Clearly their one vote matters more than everyone elses, and it is their duty to tell everyone what to talk about, how to talk about it, and what to think. Delete this thread, please. I feel like I'm part of a cult half the time with the speech in here. Defeatist attitude, straight line thinking. Give me a break. Shutup, stop preaching, and go do something about Ron Paul getting the GOP nomination instead of whining on an internet message board.

nosebruise
02-03-2008, 06:21 PM
i agree. right now we need to focus on getting the NOM and not an indie run.

now is not the time. ron will let us know what he thinks about going indie when the time comes to discuss it.

Ladiliberty
02-03-2008, 06:23 PM
For me the Ron Paul message is a movement...I am loyal to the movement,I will only vote for those of like mindset. I will never again pick the lesser of two evils. Many in our community group are willing,able and qualified to run for public office. I will put my support behind those that do, because like me they respect the Ron Paul message of liberty and our constitution...They will cause true change for the betterment of our county, state, country and more importantly OUR PEOPLE! VIVA the Revolution:)

Feelgood
02-03-2008, 06:25 PM

He will turn us down?

We do not get to make the decisions for him. He is a registered Republican. He has been elected to Congress 10 times as a Republican. He is running for the nomination of the Republican party. So I would say yes, he would probably turn us down. He has already stated, again repeatedly, that running third party is too costly and damn near impossible to do. "You spend all your time, just trying to get your name on the ballots" -Ron Paul quote there. If he is spending all his time fighting just to get his name on the ballots (ie Nader) and thats where all the money goes, what was the point? Just because we WANT him on the ballot, just because we WANT him to be President, doesnt make it so. We the people do not get to decide, what Ron the individual does with his life or his campaign. Again, RP has already stated that he is running Republican, and that is the only nomination we need to focus on.

If in the end, for whatever reason RP does not get the nomination for the Republican party, feel free to write him in. You'll be able to sleep better at night I'm sure. However, as far as this campaign is concerned, we are in it to win it, and win it means getting the nomination for the Republican ticket.

Just because we want to vote for him as President doesnt make us the bad guys. Thats a completely ludicrous statement. However, realistically, you don't always get what you want. I know it sucks, but thats life.

Now, back on topic for this thread, before anyone else can try to hijack it. There are plenty of threads out there discussing third party runs, this is not a thread for that. This thread is for those of us that are fed up with people that talk about third part runs. Please try to stay on topic.

Thank you...

Oyate
02-03-2008, 06:25 PM
has anyone discussed duct tape as a solution yet?

nosebruise
02-03-2008, 06:34 PM
We do not get to make the decisions for him. He is a registered Republican. He has been elected to Congress 10 times as a Republican. He is running for the nomination of the Republican party. So I would say yes, he would probably turn us down. He has already stated, again repeatedly, that running third party is too costly and damn near impossible to do. "You spend all your time, just trying to get your name on the ballots" -Ron Paul quote there. If he is spending all his time fighting just to get his name on the ballots (ie Nader) and thats where all the money goes, what was the point? Just because we WANT him on the ballot, just because we WANT him to be President, doesnt make it so. We the people do not get to decide, what Ron the individual does with his life or his campaign. Again, RP has already stated that he is running Republican, and that is the only nomination we need to focus on.

If in the end, for whatever reason RP does not get the nomination for the Republican party, feel free to write him in. You'll be able to sleep better at night I'm sure. However, as far as this campaign is concerned, we are in it to win it, and win it means getting the nomination for the Republican ticket.

Just because we want to vote for him as President doesnt make us the bad guys. Thats a completely ludicrous statement. However, realistically, you don't always get what you want. I know it sucks, but thats life.

Now, back on topic for this thread, before anyone else can try to hijack it. There are plenty of threads out there discussing third party runs, this is not a thread for that. This thread is for those of us that are fed up with people that talk about third part runs. Please try to stay on topic.

Thank you...

whether the price is worth it is up to us. it wont matter how costly it is to ron if people pour enough donations to cover it.

win it means getting ron into the white house by whatever means necessary.
if an independent run is feasible and there is support for it, then it really doesnt matter. what matters is the support. and most people here say that they will support ron in whatever he does.

also... fyi, you cant just say "this is a topic about people talking about external runs" and not expect talk about external runs.

BUT, yes. right now we need to focus on the nom. there will be a time when the indie question will become more relevant, but right now we need to try get the republican nomination.

colecrowe
02-03-2008, 06:51 PM

lol QFT

He is absolutely right--and honest--to say that he "has no intention of going iNDEPENDENT or Third Party" because, right now, his only intention is to win the Republican nomination. He 100% fully intends to wholeheartedly run and try his best to win as a Republican while he is running as such, and he says so. He has NEVER, EVER said "I will not run iNDY". He has never, ever said "I will never run iNDY". But IF it becomes clear he cannot win the nomination, then he can go independent.

I would be very, very, very sad if he didn't go iNDY. He could win it, especially against Hillary (and she seems like the chosen one (it's all about the superdelegates).

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 06:57 PM
lol QFT

He is absolutely right--and honest--to say that he "has no intention of going iNDEPENDENT or Third Party" because, right now, his only intention is to win the Republican nomination. He 100% fully intends to wholeheartedly run and try his best to win as a Republican while he is running as such, and he says so. He has NEVER, EVER said "I will not run iNDY". He has never, ever said "I will never run iNDY". But IF it becomes clear he cannot win the nomination, then he can go independent.

I would be very, very, very sad if he didn't go iNDY. He could win it, especially against Hillary (and she seems like the chosen one (it's all about the superdelegates).

There are a couple of hardcore GOP trolls here, but most people are quickly moving toward wanting an iNDY run. This is a good sign! We should try to kick as much ass as possible on Super Tuesday, then we'll see where we're at. Trolls like the OP are having less success here every day.

Feelgood
02-03-2008, 07:10 PM
whether the price is worth it is up to us. it wont matter how costly it is to ron if people pour enough donations to cover it.

win it means getting ron into the white house by whatever means necessary.
if an independent run is feasible and there is support for it, then it really doesnt matter. what matters is the support. and most people here say that they will support ron in whatever he does.

also... fyi, you cant just say "this is a topic about people talking about external runs" and not expect talk about external runs.

BUT, yes. right now we need to focus on the nom. there will be a time when the indie question will become more relevant, but right now we need to try get the republican nomination.

Get him into the white house by whatever means necessary? So we should assassinate all the other candidates, on both sides, so he wins by default? :rolleyes: An independent run is not feasible, by any stretch of the imagination, even Ron Paul has said so. So if you really want to support him, then do what you can to get him in as the Republican nominee. Nothing else really matters.

And yes, since this is a thread for people who simply do not wish to deal with defeatist talkers, and thats the topic, I dont see why we cant remain on topic. There are plenty of threads already, for the defeatist.

I honestly think alot of people are going to be very disappointed, if God forbid Ron doesnt get the nomination, when they realize that is where it ends for him. I honestly do not think, he will run third party, of any sort.

Johncjackson
02-03-2008, 07:22 PM

Thank you...

By your own reasoning running for the GOP nomination was also a waste of time and money. Considering he had about as much chance at winning that going in as winning as an IND. And it has cost WAY More than ballot access.

Universal ( or close to it) Ballot Access would cost less than he spent on one commercial or even ZERO if he took the ballot line of the LP or other party with access. He probably spends more in 1 month than the entire Lbertarian Party and COnstitution Party annual budgets combined. Yet they manage to maintian ballot access. Like I have said before, are you telling me more people are willing to gather signatures for Michael badnarik than Ron Paul?

John Anderson, Ed Clark, Ralph nader, Harry Browne, Pat Buchanan, aand so many other people were on 50 ballots or close to it. That is not the reason they lost.

ballot Access is nothing more than an excuse. it's one of the lower hurdles.

YES, it is probably impossible to win as a 3rd Party/Ind but ballot access is NOT the reason. Debate access, media access, and the fact that most people who vote do not agree with us are the main reasons.

ALL of these excuses also apply to The GOP race. And all but one of those guys will endup receiving less votes in Novemeber than many independent candidates.

Feelgood
02-03-2008, 08:08 PM
By your own reasoning running for the GOP nomination was also a waste of time and money. Considering he had about as much chance at winning that going in as winning as an IND. And it has cost WAY More than ballot access.

He has been elected 10 times as a Republican. How many times has he been elected as anything else? When is the last time there has been a President that wasnt a Republican or Democrat?

ballot Access is nothing more than an excuse. it's one of the lower hurdles.

Ballot access being just an excuse, maybe you should explain that to Dr Paul? Since those are his words.

YES, it is probably impossible to win as a 3rd Party/Ind but ballot access is NOT the reason. Debate access, media access, and the fact that most people who vote do not agree with us are the main reasons.

Probably? Again, when is the last time there has been a President that wasnt a Republican or Democrat? Your pie in the sky posts, though cute, are nothing more then that. It is impossible to win on any ticket other then Rep or Dem...period. You will only be able to even stand a chance of sparring, in a debate, if youre a Rep or Dem...period.

John P Slevin
02-03-2008, 08:10 PM
You see, that's your problem. How about you come back in two months or this Wednesday and then talk about his independent run? Why are you harassing us now with the same repeating posts about Independent run? Are you an idiot? More importantly, why don't you go out an canvas or put up Ron Paul signs?

Canvass, yes. Signs? For people who have nothing better to do...signs ain't crap...MEAN NOTHING.

I really want to see someone who knows what they are talking about (and I mean a proveable record in campaigns, who can show me that signs mean something, prove something, DO ANYTHING). The fact of the matter is, signs are a way to keep your contributors happy, they sell NO ONE on the campaign. Real idiocy.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 08:15 PM
He has been elected 10 times as a Republican. How many times has he been elected as anything else? When is the last time there has been a President that wasnt a Republican or Democrat?

When was the last time there was a black president, or a woman? Times change. And right now, America is HUNGRY for real change!

Ross Perot could have won in 1992 if he did not have a meltdown. I'm tired of defeatists and trolls like you telling us what Ron Paul CANNOT do. If we had listened to you, Ron Paul would have never gotten into this race!

Peace&Freedom
02-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Paul may have repeatedly generally discounted the idea of a third party run, but he has also repeatedly hinted at a third party run. Since he has indicated both, both are reasonable options to explore on this forum. Benton was on the Alex Jones show Friday, and did not discount the idea of a third party run when the host raised it, when that was the perfect opportnity to absolutely dismiss it, nor say such a run was incompatible with winning. So an outside run remains on the table.

colecrowe
02-04-2008, 02:21 AM
Paul may have repeatedly generally discounted the idea of a third party run, but he has also repeatedly hinted at a third party run. Since he has indicated both, both are reasonable options to explore on this forum. Benton was on the Alex Jones show Friday, and did not discount the idea of a third party run when the host raised it, when that was the perfect opportnity to absolutely dismiss it, nor say such a run was incompatible with winning. So an outside run remains on the table.

QFT