PDA

View Full Version : Important: No Manual Recount for the Iowa Straw Poll

Birdlady
08-07-2007, 11:43 AM
I am now really nervous about this. I think no matter how well Ron Paul organizes his support they will just steal it away from him with these blasted Diebold Machines.

http://www.digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Iowa_Straw_Poll_Voting_Machines_in_Questi on
Please Digg this article, but read it before you do because it's really important information. At the end of the article please call the Iowa Republican Party and tell Mary Tiffany you demand a manual recount at the straw poll, no matter what the results are!

Iowa Republican Party - (515) 282-8105
Be polite, but firm!

Pass this around if you haven't already.

lucius
08-07-2007, 11:47 AM
I am now really nervous about this. I think no matter how well Ron Paul organizes his support they will just steal it away from him with these blasted Diebold Machines.

Please Digg this article, but read it before you do because it's really important information. At the end of the article please call the Iowa Republican Party and tell Mary Tiffany you demand a manual recount at the straw poll, no matter what the results are!
Iowa Republican Party - (515) 282-8105
Be polite, but firm!

http://www.digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Iowa_Straw_Poll_Voting_Machines_in_Questi on

Pass this around if you haven't already.

Thank you,

Sematary
08-07-2007, 11:53 AM
I left a message on her voicemail. Fill it up. It might be a good idea to get this on the forums of other candidates and have them call as well.

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 11:57 AM
I left a message on her voicemail. Fill it up. It might be a good idea to get this on the forums of other candidates and have them call as well.

I'm not aware of any other Repub candidates that even have a forum except for Fred T's. They sure as hell won't care and probably welcome any funny business.

nexalacer
08-07-2007, 12:00 PM
ultimitt.com i believe. but they have about 100 supporters there so i dunno how strong it is.

nullvalu
08-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Also interesting on that site.. the poll Do you believe the NRA is incrementally negotiating away your gun rights on purpose? 90% say yes.

WannaBfree
08-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks so much for posting this. This is such an important issue. These machines CANNOT be relied upon.

Rigged USA Elections Exposed
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2615703918066275099

Much more info available - just search 'diebold' at Youtube.

Sematary
08-07-2007, 12:14 PM
I'm not aware of any other Repub candidates that even have a forum except for Fred T's. They sure as hell won't care and probably welcome any funny business.

Not likely, as it will affect them as well.

paulitics
08-07-2007, 12:16 PM
Very important issue. Please everyone take this as seriously as possible. This could kill our campaign if they rigg it to make it look really bad.

Birdlady
08-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Very important issue. Please everyone take this as seriously as possible. This could kill our campaign if they rigg it to make it look really bad.

Yep. This is extremely important. Let's keep this on the top and pass this along to your meetups. We need everyone to call the Republican Party in Iowa. If they let this go through without even a manual recount, we are over!

LibertyEagle
08-07-2007, 12:42 PM
This is what I was told. They are using optical scanners, not full-fledged voting machines. Yes, I realize these suck too. I asked him about doing paper counts at the end. He said that WOULD be an option, if a candidate requested it. He also said that reps from each candidates's organization were invited to be in the room when they are tallying the results.

Sematary
08-07-2007, 12:50 PM
This is what I was told. They are using optical scanners, not full-fledged voting machines. Yes, I realize these suck too. I asked him about doing paper counts at the end. He said that WOULD be an option, if a candidate requested it. He also said that reps from each candidates's organization were invited to be in the room when they are tallying the results.

This is good then. There is a physical paper trail candidates are invited to sit in on the count.

Birdlady
08-07-2007, 12:54 PM

Do you have a source for this? I don't want to just put people back to sleep in their comfort zones because of your post.

The Dane
08-07-2007, 01:00 PM

If "tallying the result" means that they will all see what the computer says, it means nothing.

I saw on a video how a finish computer guy made a program in a short time that changed the results. Its on youtube somewhere.

There was a woman, when she saw the results did not match what they just voted, she began to cry.
I understand her.

Also the same guy (from finland) told how he found an executeable program on the memorycard, which should absolutedly not be there.

Pre-installed from the factory, as i understood.

SwordOfShannarah
08-07-2007, 01:14 PM
I just called. Please call!!!

Sematary
08-07-2007, 01:16 PM
If "tallying the result" means that they will all see what the computer says, it means nothing.

I saw on a video how a finish computer guy made a program in a short time that changed the results. Its on youtube somewhere.

There was a woman, when she saw the results did not match what they just voted, she began to cry.
I understand her.

Also the same guy (from finland) told how he found an executeable program on the memorycard, which should absolutedly not be there.

Pre-installed from the factory, as i understood.

Those aren't the optical scanners though. The optical scanners START with a paper trail. So they are available if anyone has any questions.

LibertyEagle
08-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Do you have a source for this? I don't want to just put people back to sleep in their comfort zones because of your post.

No. Sorry. It's a man who I was forwarded to by the woman who answered the phone call. I should have gotten his name. I was too focused on discussing what was wrong with voting machines and optical scanners. He talked about the tests they ran at the beginning to check that any candidate could win; I pointed out to him that this was easily programmed around. He seemed to be focused on the people who they had to monitor the voting machines. I told him the problem wasn't as much there, although that was important too, but in how the code was written for the machine itself.

Birdlady
08-07-2007, 01:22 PM
No. Sorry. It's a man who I was forwarded to by the woman who answered the phone call. I should have gotten his name. I was too focused on discussing what was wrong with voting machines and optical scanners. He talked about the tests they ran at the beginning to check that any candidate could win; I pointed out to him that this was easily programmed around. He seemed to be focused on the people who they had to monitor the voting machines. I told him the problem wasn't as much there, although that was important too, but in how the code was written for the machine itself.

Yeah you are right. It's not the people that's the problem, it is whatever program or wireless connection is sending information to the machines...

I just hope you are right about the optical scanners, but it still worries me. They have really set us up for disaster with this straw poll. When they make 1 poll so important, it makes it so easy to manipulate the results...:eek:

Sematary
08-07-2007, 01:24 PM
I don't think there is going to be any tampering. They know they are under a microscope right now with the whole country watching.

The Dane
08-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Those aren't the optical scanners though. The optical scanners START with a paper trail. So they are available if anyone has any questions.

Actually it was an optical scanner that was hacked...

If all just relax because "we have a paper trail", and then dont count it. What is the use of a paper trail?

Also the program can delete itself. And then the paper trail is its weight worth in gold. So the paper trail should be treated with as much respect as if it was regular votes.

Dont loose sight of it. PLEASE.... calling out from over the ocean

The Dane
08-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Surely they would not have anything against organising a small recount. Im sure.

Probably they will be delighted that someone is so serious about the democracy.

Sematary
08-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Surely they would not have anything against organising a small recount. Im sure.

I believe they said that if the campaign asked for it, they would receive it.

Birdlady
Vicki Karp is talking about how the optical scanners can be hacked right now on Jack Blood!

She said they use the same program as the electronic to tally the votes and they cannot be trusted either.

Avalon

hah, you obviously have no experience with this.

Guys, having the paper ballots means little if the ballot boxes are stuffed/switched or if they are counted in secret without representatives of each campaign. And I seriously doubt it's a crime in Iowa to rig a straw poll.

Sematary
08-07-2007, 01:43 PM
hah, you obviously have no experience with this.

Guys, having the paper ballots means little if the ballot boxes are stuffed/switched or if they are counted in secret without representatives of each campaign. And I seriously doubt it's a crime in Iowa to rig a straw poll.

they also stated that the campaigns are free to sit in on the count. I think this one is going to be on the up and up because so many eyes are on them.

Birdlady
08-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Bumping because this is extremely important. If you don't think the establishment would or could steal the votes you are naive.

Avalon
08-07-2007, 07:38 PM
they also stated that the campaigns are free to sit in on the count. I think this one is going to be on the up and up because so many eyes are on them.

No, they are free to sit in on the adding up of the machine counts.