PDA

View Full Version : Two scenarios under which Ron Paul could win Presidency in Nov 08

Liberty Star
02-03-2008, 03:49 PM
A) No clear winner emerges on Super Tuesday.
McCain, Romney, Huckabee continue to tear one another apart as Ron Paul's graph continues to rise following the trend and as more and more Republicans gravitate towards Ron Paul not happy with other choices. Ron Paul in the end gets nomination with help from delegates and beats Dem candidate in a two way race.

B) McCain is clear winner on Super Tuesday
Much of Republican party and old school conservatives and media fame conservative pundits continue to be disgusted with McCain's non-conservative record and Ron Paul is asked by more and more people to run as a third party candidate. Ron Paul realigns his support and campaign and gets more popular than McCain between now and Nov 8 as 3rd party candidate and offers choice to many people not happy with both parties. Many indies and anti war voters take another look and come to Ron Paul's camp and RP squeezes in a win in a three way race.

Both scenarios may not seem likely but anything is possible in realm of politics.

Other thoughts?

colecrowe
02-03-2008, 03:59 PM
iNDY not Third Party. Just my opinion. I think that's essential. Libertarian would be suicide--guaranteed no more than 8 or so percent--90% of voters, even though most or almost all don't really know anything about it, would never consider voting for Lib--besides all it would mean to people would be legalize drugs, open borders, and abolish social security.

Constitution Party--maybe 15%, maybe. I'm not as sure about that one.

But iNDY, he could win, especially if he's up against Hillary--and McCain or Romney could be easy to beat: 1. 72% of the country is against the Iraq war; 2. McCain is hated because of Amnesty, and he's boring and sounds stupid; 3. half the Christians would never vote for Romney because he's Mormon.

All he needs is super exposure to the people. Miniseries or whatever (that GoodSpirits guy was an evil genius--hilarious--and anyone that believed it for a second is hilarious as well--but what he said IS what we need--it would take a giant, on-all-channels splash like that--very well produced, long, exciting, etc. He could win it then.)

Cinderella
02-03-2008, 04:04 PM
ok not to sound negative....but i just dont see how it woud be possible for him to win running third party....i pray he gets the republican nom!!!

Liberty Star
02-03-2008, 04:07 PM
That's a good point, colecrowe. 'Independent' has better appeal for most people than running as 'Libertarian party' or some third party candidate and RP would still have their support and a lot more people not happy with other choices if things develop this way. Hillary would be easy to beat I think relatively in both scenarios.

ok not to sound negative....but i just dont see how it woud be possible for him to win running third party....i pray he gets the republican nom!!!

Just brainstorming, winning nomination would be obviously best option.

nate895
02-03-2008, 04:07 PM
You forgot if we win 10 states+ on Super Tuesday, and Huckabee gets 3-5, and Romney gets 2-3, that would equal Ron Paul victory.

luvthedoc08
02-03-2008, 04:08 PM

i can see it happening after a market crash, coming soon to a bank account near you!

Liberty Star
02-03-2008, 04:09 PM
duplicate.

MaidenFan
02-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Don't forget guys Bloomberg might still run as an independent, and he said if he decides to run he'll use $2 billion of his massive fortune towards his campaign, effectively making him better funded than both of the major party candidates.

Anything could happen in this election, so instead of theorizing lets get out there and knock on doors!

Cinderella
02-03-2008, 04:13 PM
i can see it happening after a market crash, coming soon to a bank account near you!

yea but dont u think theyd try to hold off on all the shhhh thats gonna happen until "their" candidate steals a "win"??

Liberty Star
02-03-2008, 04:14 PM
You forgot if we win 10 states+ on Super Tuesday, and Huckabee gets 3-5, and Romney gets 2-3, that would equal Ron Paul victory.

Let me add another scenario:

A+ ) Ron Paul surprises and wins majority or competetive number of delegates on Super Tuesday in a 4 way GOP race
Even with no clear winner, RP would be the winner with RP's money raising potential and with time on his side.

That is the best scenario.

luvthedoc08
02-03-2008, 04:19 PM
yea but dont u think theyd try to hold off on all the shhhh thats gonna happen until "their" candidate steals a "win"??

i think that's exactly what they're doing right now, but how long can they do it i wonder?

UK4Paul
02-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Here's the way I see it.

If the GRASSROOTS are there for Ron Paul, then literally anything is possible.

Imagine 180,000 Precinct Leaders, as Ron Paul's campaign has requested - with each precinct having a small group of dedicated Ron Paul supporters.

Then, who cares about the mainstream media - it's clear they've already determined to ignore Ron Paul, so we bypass them altogether.

180,000 Precint Leaders and a small group of dedicated Ron Paul supporters in each precinct would be the "new media", and could propel Ron Paul into the White House.

I sincerely hope Ron Paul gets the Republican nomination. But if, worst case scenario, he doesn't - the groundwork has been laid for a grassroots organization never before seen in recent political history!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Good post, Liberty Star!

180,000 Precinct Leaders is GUARANTEED if Ron runs independent. We will have TONS of time to get the word out about him, and people are eager for this message!

Aratus
10-26-2022, 10:28 AM
Can SENATOR RAND PAUL win the GOP nomination and be true to the ideals he & his father have???
Does the GOP encourage the level of corruption that D.C is infamous for? Is Trump corrupting Dr Rand?
If RAND bows down to THE DONALD and kisses his metaphoric ring, can he gain back his self respect??

Aratus
10-26-2022, 10:30 AM
Is Donald Trump on the verge of fragmenting the GOP badly?

Can Doctor Rand provide leadership over the next decade for

the party that emerges from the ashes of the Trump years...

acptulsa
10-26-2022, 12:00 PM
We could have forced a brokered convention in 2008, if at a certain point we had held our noses and gone all in for getting Huckabee primary votes.

Rand? Maybe. But I think Thomas Massie gives us a better shot. More of Trump's fire, less ring-kissing Trump baggage.