PDA

View Full Version : wHEN HELL BREAKS LOOSE...WHERE ARE WE ALL GOING TO MEET?

Myerz
02-03-2008, 03:12 PM
You know it's coming......

So where are we all going to meet, to rise up and defend our country.
We probably will not be able to decide this once the shit is going down, they'll have killed the internet or at least this forum by then.

Pick a state? any state will do...at this point there all screwed.

Call me crazy? This happens all over the world...oppressive governments.....populations revolting...... our's is coming again!

You better be ready! Maybe not this year or the next...but it's coming.
This system of things can only go on for so long....

Ok on a lighter note...... Go Patriots! How ironic.......what we need more of...patriots!

Nate K
02-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Philadelphia on the East coast.

Maybe Seattle on the west?

jasonuher
02-03-2008, 03:13 PM
omaha, NE.

Big enough to hide in, small enough to not be noticed.

oh, and I already happen to live there ;)

TXcarlosTX
02-03-2008, 03:14 PM
san antonio for the south!!!! nothing ever happens here.

fade
02-03-2008, 03:14 PM
America will survive, I'm not too worried.. It's not going to be the end of the world if ron loses..

it'll suck but we've been through worse before.

jondisx
02-03-2008, 03:15 PM
America will survive, I'm not too worried.. It's not going to be the end of the world if ron loses..

when?

shrugged0106
02-03-2008, 03:15 PM

Louisville, KY

He who owns the Ohio River owns cross country shipping

jondisx
02-03-2008, 03:16 PM
i second
Louisville, KY
because i live there

ronpaulfollower999
02-03-2008, 03:16 PM
How about Ron Paul's house? He wouldn't mind :D

gaazn
02-03-2008, 03:17 PM
appalachian mts

LynnB
02-03-2008, 03:17 PM
when?

I thought it was the end of the world when the first Clinton won

New Governor Of Alaska
02-03-2008, 03:18 PM

Pardon my ignorance, Myerz. But what exactly are you talking about?

Myerz
02-03-2008, 03:18 PM

Really? Explain....

The depression was pretty bad.....and this is setting up to be alot worse.
You say we ........ tell us of your personal struggles that you have had to deal with.

Hey, but whatever makes you feel good. Everyone has to take care of themselves.

Paulitical Correctness
02-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Montana!

TXcarlosTX
san antonio has the SPURS.... so at least we have a winning team.

misericordia
It's gotta be a desert.

fade
02-03-2008, 03:21 PM
I thought it was the end of the world when the first Clinton won

Exactly. I'm sure the democrats thought it was going to be the end when bush won as well. Things are so dramatic around here....

krott5333
02-03-2008, 03:21 PM
We can meet in DC to take back the government.

ronpaulfollower999
02-03-2008, 03:22 PM
How about a place where there are mountains?

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-03-2008, 03:22 PM
I'll be the first to say...

New Hampshire!!!

www.freestateproject.com
We've been fighting for freedom and taking over the state for years now!

WilliamC
02-03-2008, 03:23 PM
when?

1861-1865 for one.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-03-2008, 03:24 PM

I second that

PimpBlimp
02-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Just remember the constitution

print out a copy before the internet disappears

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

Noble
02-03-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm down for Ron's Place...

Bring all the canned food, water, fuel, and ammunition you can.

Geronimo
02-03-2008, 03:26 PM

New Hampshire!!!

www.freestateproject.com

Seconded

Wingman
The town of TRISTRAM to save DECKARD CAIN

Make sure to bring lots of super healing and mana potions !

Jim_Karr
I think we should give each others our phone numbers so we can keep organized here if things do get nasty. Each state has their own meeting spot and go from there. That would be the only sure way that we stay organized if something happens. Just a thought is all.

Cleaner44
Rally up at Mt. Rushmore.

jarofclay
02-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Montana. Duh... or wait. All hell broke loose so its probably empty then.

http://freemontana.com/

the_bee
02-03-2008, 03:28 PM
appalachian mts

This guy is right the best place to be is the "appalachian mts"

my Dad is from there

Shink
02-03-2008, 03:29 PM

We probably will not be able to decide this once the shit is going down, they'll have killed the internet or at least this forum by then.

You guys are welcome here in Iowa. We should stand a much better chance survival-wise than most places due to all the crops and farming.

MsDoodahs
02-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Texas is where we are, and where it looks like we'll be for a while, so if 'hell breaks loose,' we'll be dealing with it from here.

:)

the_bee
02-03-2008, 03:31 PM
lets take a vote

the_bee
02-03-2008, 03:33 PM
it does not matter as long as we all end up in the same place

sheepledog
02-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Texas

Cinderella
02-03-2008, 03:34 PM
i like NH......live free or die

the_bee
02-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Texas

I dont know how

JGalt
02-03-2008, 03:36 PM
My friends and I already have a plan in case all hell breaks loose. We could implement Phase I in less than an hour. If anybody else wants to join us in Pikeville, KY, we'll be here, armed and ready. It's in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains and there's a river here.

louisiana4liberty
02-03-2008, 03:36 PM

I will travel to SA. No prob. I'll bring my guns too.

tomveil
02-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Jericho, KS, obviously :)

mconder
02-03-2008, 03:39 PM

Somewhere warm please.

RockEnds
02-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Rally up at Mt. Rushmore.

+1 kinda.

I like it at Harney Peak better, but I'm all about meeting in the Hills.

Mister Grieves
02-03-2008, 03:40 PM
i like NH......live free or die

They do not deserve that motto after their last primary.

Cinderella
there should be a meetup for all regions of the country....one place in the south....one in the NE....one on the west coast....and one in middle america

Jim_Karr
It's gotta be a desert.

Kinda hard to hide under a cactus I would think.:D

Time for Change
I'll be in the hills of Kentucky.

HillbillyDan
02-03-2008, 03:41 PM
I personally recommend the hills of West Virginia. Rugged Terrain, tough local people, coal mines and caves, hilltops everywhere.

Wyurm
This thread only confirms my observations of this morning. I scan a few different sites to gague the general feeling of conditions around the world. Israeli press is in overdrive calling for military action in the middle east (more than usual). Innate fear is at an extreme high in the US, and there seems to be a shared feeling of impending doom. Also, end-time discussions are at a serious high right now. It's like a tsunami when the water pulls out from the beach for a short while, only to be followed by a massive and ultra-destructive wave.

I'd say that by sometime in March, something is going to give. Think of it like a high-school fight. You know full well that the insults can only be tossed back and forth for so long without intervention before it breaks out into a fist fight. Hopefully it dissipates and comes to nothing, but I do fear we may be about to learn the definition of SHTF.

Cinderella
there should be a meetup for all regions of the country....one place in the south....one in the NE....one on the west coast....and one in middle america

for the NE id suggest NH or maine or vermont....all are hidden in the mountains.....i like NH best bcuz its live free or die!!!!!!!!!

Vendico
02-03-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm going on a cruise and not coming back!

Cinderella
02-03-2008, 03:45 PM
They do not deserve that motto after their last primary.

NH was fixed for ron paul to lose

Shink
This thread only confirms my observations of this morning. I scan a few different sites to gague the general feeling of conditions around the world. Israeli press is in overdrive calling for military action in the middle east (more than usual). Innate fear is at an extreme high in the US, and there seems to be a shared feeling of impending doom. Also, end-time discussions are at a serious high right now. It's like a tsunami when the water pulls out from the beach for a short while, only to be followed by a massive and ultra-destructive wave.

I'd say that by sometime in March, something is going to give. Think of it like a high-school fight. You know full well that the insults can only be tossed back and forth for so long without intervention before it breaks out into a fist fight. Hopefully it dissipates and comes to nothing, but I do fear we may be about to learn the definition of SHTF.

Yep. I think they're holding back the coming catastrophes (the financial shitstorm and I think there will be more false flag attacks) 'til after the (s)election so that Ron Paul doesn't auto-win. You know if the crisis became widespread while Ron is still trying to pick up votes, people would RUN to him.

Paulitical Correctness
My friends and I often joke about zombie outbreaks. We discuss hypothetical scenarios and what we'd do, where we'd meet, etc.

Of course, these compelling discussions refer to the flesh-eating Hollywood zombies, but I imagine the real zombie outbreak could possibly be coming soon. The McCain supporters' numbers are growing.

:(

shrugged0106
02-03-2008, 03:54 PM
My friends and I already have a plan in case all hell breaks loose. We could implement Phase I in less than an hour. If anybody else wants to join us in Pikeville, KY, we'll be here, armed and ready. It's in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains and there's a river here.

Hey cool! I have to go there in a month or so for some work stuff.

Is that where the blue people live?:D

painter4Ron Paul
02-03-2008, 03:54 PM
At the Ron Paul compound. bring a bag of bean, slingshot and water bottles.

jpwilhelm
02-03-2008, 03:55 PM
If McCain wins it will be the end of the world as we know it, he will stop at nothing to get what Israel wants. That means we will be at war with Iran from the start and then into Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Pakistan, and Russia. Our economy will be like a thirdworld country and Israel's economy will be booming.

Time for Change
If the unthinkable ever does happen, a rally location will NOT be advertised on the internet. The internet WILL be very regulated.
Honeypots will be around though. :eek:

The key is to know who your true friends are NOW, and plan accordingly.
Make provisions to take care of your family first.
Always have just a bit extra for the few that will ask for assitance and don't know what to do.

In perspective, I see a more realistic situation of "Somebody" coming to collect on their debt.
That is what I am concerned about most.

The following is completely absurd, but funny none-the-less...
Hopefully there is a list of the key players that allowed things to get so far out of control, and we as americans, can serve this group up to face accountability.
"these are the people that betrayed america!" :D

Richandler
Vegas Baby!

rollingpig
02-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Iowa

OferNave
02-03-2008, 03:57 PM

New Hampshire!!!

www.freestateproject.com

That's right. There's no better place than NH, and there's no better project for liberty right now than the FSP! I just moved, and I'm loving it. We're making great progress.

FreeTraveler
02-03-2008, 03:57 PM

Hey, Carol... dinner for an extra 100,000 tonight!

gregl26
02-03-2008, 03:58 PM
we already have the perfect system in place, our meetup groups. make sure you have the addresses of as many group members as possible. you can not trust the phone when it all goes to shit. in fact we are all being watched right now so setting any meeting place is a bad idea. just rally ur local meetup/liberty minded people and try and contact as many other ones as possible. i don't think there is any secure way to communicate is there?

shrugged0106
02-03-2008, 04:02 PM
i second
Louisville, KY
because i live there

What part of town?

You didnt happen to be at the sign wave near slugger field a week or so ago were you?

LBennett76
02-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Since it seems a good many people are in or going to KY, that sounds good to me. I live in SE Ohio. KY is close, beautiful, and mountainous. Even down into TN might not be too bad either.

Todd
02-03-2008, 04:08 PM
appalachian mts

Wow...me too....I'm going to a Mountain compound :p

jaybone
02-03-2008, 04:10 PM
My idea was if the internet was to go down for any extended period of time, we should meet somewhere on the first saturday of any month.
First I thought about the post office, but rallying around a government office may not be the best idea.
SO, how bout patriots carefully rally at the public library the first Saturday of the month, in your own home town should the internet be taken down.
I think we need to consider this, at this point if the net was yanked we would be scattered for sure.

jsu718
02-03-2008, 04:12 PM
Alaska... and live off the oil money.

fxmercenary
02-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Norway, 95% english speaking and free as hell! Plus the Fjords are awesome. We can builg longboats like the vikings and pillage.

Cinderella
02-03-2008, 04:21 PM
or we can go to venezuela!!! chavez wont go down without a fight!!!

Number19
02-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Following this year's election, the new Son's of Liberty need to reorganize in each community. The Ron Paul MeetUps would likely be the nucleus of the continuing movement. We might consider that "Ron Paul Revolution" assume the long term identity of our movement, even after RP has quit government (he's 72, after all). Each community of revolutionaries would be in contact with the adjacent communities and carrier's would maintain contact in the event of total communication breakdown, and you shouldn't be surprised how quickly word can be passed down the line using such a traditional method. Also a broadcast system utilizing short wave radio should be in place.

Cinderella
02-03-2008, 04:34 PM
i have to brush up on my morse code!

noztnac
02-03-2008, 04:40 PM
I proposed this a long time ago. Everyone ignored it, followed the same exact they'd been following, and racked up loss after humiliating loss. We need to make a case the mainstream can't ignore. We need to wake the American people up now before it's too late. Losing is one thing. Losing without ever even making our case is simply not acceptable!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...graphic+images

LynnB
02-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Ham radio???

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Whicever state RP gets the best numbers in? :)

MsDoodahs
02-03-2008, 04:51 PM
I guess this means we shouldn't all go to Ron and Carol's place?

:p

MsDoodahs
02-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Whicever state RP gets the best numbers in? :)

That's something we're looking at for future consideration, for sure.

kyleAF
02-03-2008, 04:53 PM

Texas is of course the best spot. They maintain the right to secede after all :)

josh24601
02-03-2008, 04:53 PM
I have reported this thread to the proper authorities.

Campaign talk is one thing, sedition is something else.

jaybone
02-03-2008, 04:55 PM
if tshtf, travel will be restricted. We need to focus on contacting other patriots in our own local areas, then as a local group we can reach out to surrounding areas. To say that we would all meet in a central location hundreds of miles away is very wishful thinking.

Nyte
02-03-2008, 04:55 PM

Someone needs to read their Declaration of Independence again...

This is me, rolling my eyes at you: :rolleyes:

MsDoodahs
02-03-2008, 04:56 PM

:rolleyes:

Jim_Karr
02-03-2008, 04:57 PM

This thread is a survival thread and nothing more. If anything it should be moved to others. You won't be getting any of my food rations thats for sure.

Shink
Someone needs to read their Declaration of Independence again...

This is me, rolling my eyes at you: :rolleyes:

Isn't that "rolling my EYE at you?" You arrr the pirate pictured in your avatar, no?

jaybone

I hope that was sarcasm, nobody is talking about sedition here.

We have to consider what would happen to the movement if the internet were to just 'go off' one day. Much of the middle east has been cut off from the internet lately due to severed undersea cables.

Jim_Karr
02-03-2008, 04:59 PM

I just reported you as an anti-american.Now go away traitor if you was serious.

Cinderella
02-03-2008, 05:00 PM

someone should ban u......ur a stinky fat ugly troll....u wont be welcome in my bunker!!!

live free or die.....

Detonator
02-03-2008, 05:05 PM
"Our" soldiers would gun us down. This government has a long history of killing it's citizens for dissent.

I say we meet at the white house for a tour, once inside we refuse to leave.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Exactly. I'm sure the democrats thought it was going to be the end when bush won as well. Things are so dramatic around here....

The thing is that now... we have some pretty big fundamental economy problems... bigger than they've ever been. Everybody's still living fat, but it ain't gonna last. Nobody wants to talk about it. Discussion about it is completely stifled. I'm going to keep particpating in the economy as it is now the best that I can. I can work harder and smarter than a lot of people, but we have serious problems and not talking about them now is a terrible thing.

mdh
02-03-2008, 05:18 PM
New Hampshire, duh.

Nyte
02-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Isn't that "rolling my EYE at you?" You arrr the pirate pictured in your avatar, no?

YAR! Scallywag...

If tshtf, we've already got a great foundation started with the meetup groups.

Here's another good site with a lot of survival tips.
http://www.survivalblog.com/

Be warned... once you start down this road, there's no going back. This kind of stuff can consume you.

mdh
02-03-2008, 05:20 PM

I have reported you to the proper authorities. Sedition is one thing, trolling is something else.

:)

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-03-2008, 05:22 PM

I was thinking of it as a way to gather with likeminded individuals you could rely on in a catastrophe. You bring up sedition? I don't know where you got that, but you seem crazy to me.

heath.whiteaker
02-03-2008, 05:24 PM
I think best bet would be Mid West and buy a couple old Minute Man Silo's. These could protect us from nuclear fallout. I have a few boxes of MRE's I bought a few weeks ago. I am also looking for water purification set ups.

My wife seems to think I have lost it. I keep trying to explain that once the economy crumbles the rest of society will. I am just prepare. Words to leave by.... Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Ara825
02-03-2008, 05:25 PM
It's gotta be a desert.

Yeah and we can use cactus for cover, or just bury ourselves in the sand. :rolleyes:

luis9343
02-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Hawaii :)

heath.whiteaker
02-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Hawaii :)

with global warming I don't see it being around much longer.

1000-points-of-fright
02-03-2008, 05:31 PM
That's right. There's no better place than NH, and there's no better project for liberty right now than the FSP!

You mean besides the fact that NH voted for McCain because they thought he would end the war.

"Live free or die!" is what McCain will be telling the rest of the world if he becomes president.

amy31416
02-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Montana is attractive for a number of reasons, their Libertarian ways, living off the grid...that sort of thing.

That being said, Kentucky is much closer and has the river and mountainous areas.

Be sure that you're thinking in advance of certain things you might need and stock up on them. I'm a chemist, so I'm working on getting a full distillation set up of my own, along with some small fermentation set-ups.

I also have thousands of books, don't underestimate their importance. On all subjects: engineering, math, medicine, chemistry, botany, history, etc. The way I see it, if something drastic were to happen, I can bring a lot to the table as far as skills go, not to mention I'd have a lending library for my fellow Paul supporters. I'm also an amateur with alternative medicine.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

PimpBlimp
02-03-2008, 06:04 PM
If Tennessee becomes uninhabitable I think I will move to Montana.

http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&q=montana+countryside&btnG=Search+Images

HillbillyDan
02-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Wait a minute, how about the Lakotah Indian Reservation, do you think they might take in a few refugees?

AKBryant54
02-03-2008, 06:11 PM
I live in Alaska, so if tshtf I'm pretty much confined to the north, thinking about heading into the mountains and maybe to Canada in the worst scenario.

smileylovesfreedom
02-03-2008, 06:44 PM
North Dakota. They have all the nukes :p

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/27654

Of course, for the same reason, we may want to stay far away from ND....

Lisa S
02-03-2008, 06:56 PM
I think each state needs to have a meeting place in case travel is impossible. If travel is possible I think a moutainous area would be best. Georgia or Tennesee may be a good choice. I think too that we all do need to invest in radios. A disaster would probably disrutp phones also. I was once in a group that were supposed prophets. They have places already set up in the moutains. They have a call list for if something happens the guy calls everyone. They have supplies ready and packed and well as supplies stored in the moutains. I no longer communicate with them but still get their e-mails. Alot, of people are making these type plans. I think most of us know it's just a matter of time before a disaster happens and it's not a bad idea to have a plan. If food gets scarce I believe the city will be the worst place to be. It will get ugly quick.

JGalt
02-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Hey cool! I have to go there in a month or so for some work stuff.

Is that where the blue people live?:D

Nah, those guys live over at Harlan, a few counties over. We try to distance ourselves from them and their ilk.

heath.whiteaker
02-03-2008, 07:13 PM
I think each state needs to have a meeting place in case travel is impossible. If travel is possible I think a moutainous area would be best. Georgia or Tennesee may be a good choice. I think too that we all do need to invest in radios. A disaster would probably disrutp phones also. I was once in a group that were supposed prophets. They have places already set up in the moutains. They have a call list for if something happens the guy calls everyone. They have supplies ready and packed and well as supplies stored in the moutains. I no longer communicate with them but still get their e-mails. Alot, of people are making these type plans. I think most of us know it's just a matter of time before a disaster happens and it's not a bad idea to have a plan. If food gets scarce I believe the city will be the worst place to be. It will get ugly quick.

I think I will be buying a CB Radio

Danny Molina
02-03-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm all for Montana or North Alaska. Texas has too many neocons, and NH screwed us over.

QCB79
02-03-2008, 07:30 PM
everyone can money bomb and buy a few thousand acres in wyoming or montana, only because they are the only states left with tht kind of land available. We can wall it off and declare independence from the US. :D
each resident will own a minimum of 10 acres of land on which to build their homestead, power will be provided via a combination of biodiesel, solar, wind, hydro, ethanol

tyler477
02-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Put up a poll for this topic HERE;
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110758

asgardshill
02-03-2008, 07:36 PM

I have reported your post to the proper authorities. They should be arriving at your location with a butterfly net and a stylish long-sleeved jacket that will keep you warm and comfy. Do not resist the men you are about to meet and follow their instructions to the letter, because its Jello Night at Happy Acres and you might get there in time to join in the festivities.

amy31416
02-03-2008, 07:46 PM
everyone can money bomb and buy a few thousand acres in wyoming or montana, only because they are the only states left with tht kind of land available. We can wall it off and declare independence from the US. :D
each resident will own a minimum of 10 acres of land on which to build their homestead, power will be provided via a combination of biodiesel, solar, wind, hydro, ethanol

Sounds good to me.

heath.whiteaker
02-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Jello time at happy acres... hmm i'm interested.

the Winner is (R0N P@uL)
02-03-2008, 07:51 PM
the dumbass who posted this thread should be banned

what a retard, the feds read this shit........

how ignorant can one person be??????

answer: so stupid they posted this thread

heath.whiteaker
02-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Wow... if you feel so strongly about the feds reading this... They already know your IP address, who you talk to and pretty much your life story. But you feel the need to say someone needs to be banned... what a douche bag thing to say.

Time for Change
02-03-2008, 08:01 PM
You don't have to read the thread, or post in it if you find it offensive.
The moment you registered, you logged your IP address...so If you are that paranoid, you need to move to a location outside that node and change your name.

asgardshill
02-03-2008, 08:04 PM
You don't have to read the thread, or post in it if you find it offensive.
The moment you registered, you logged your IP address...so If you are that paranoid, you need to move to a location outside that node and change your name.

Or gank somebody else's wireless connection. ;)

sheepledog
02-03-2008, 08:11 PM
the dumbass who posted this thread should be banned

what a retard, the feds read this shit........

how ignorant can one person be??????

answer: so stupid they posted this thread

Huh? We should be banned for discussing where we wanna live someday? Weird.

ConstitutionGal
02-03-2008, 08:18 PM

I was born in the Smokies in far south-eastern Kentucky (Pineville, Middlesboro area). I can tell everyone from first-hand knowledge that strangers who suddenly decended on this part of the country would not be welcome unless they had friends or family already there. The people are friendly and will give a neighbor the shirt off their back (so to speak) but they are VERY wary of outsiders and strangers (probably due to the revenuers back in the day).

What we DO need to do is to gather one another's land-line phone numbers and physical addresses (espcially for those that live outside the larger urban areas) so we can make contact if/when the you-know-what realy does hit the proverbial fan. We might also want to think about the trades/crafts that we are good at and capable of without additional training (like farming, canning, sewing, blacksmithing, animal husbandry, mechanics, electricians, doctors, nurses, etc.). as well as those who are actually capable of protecting everything from unwelcome 'guests'. I think you'll find that many people will talk a good game but if it actually came down to pulling the trigger on another American just because they were hungry or sick, they wouldn't be able to deal with it.

Sad but true but something that real survivalists have been having to contemplate for years now

amy31416
02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
What we DO need to do is to gather one another's land-line phone numbers and physical addresses (espcially for those that live outside the larger urban areas) so we can make contact if/when the you-know-what realy does hit the proverbial fan. We might also want to think about the trades/crafts that we are good at and capable of without additional training (like farming, canning, sewing, blacksmithing, animal husbandry, mechanics, electricians, doctors, nurses, etc.). as well as those who are actually capable of protecting everything from unwelcome 'guests'. I think you'll find that many people will talk a good game but if it actually came down to pulling the trigger on another American just because they were hungry or sick, they wouldn't be able to deal with it.

Sad but true but something that real survivalists have been having to contemplate for years now

+100+

I have skills and materials to offer, but have no real connections.

heath.whiteaker
02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
I have family in Kentucky and Tennessee... Plus an uncle that owns a Horse Farm... Plenty of land.

Time for Change
02-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Lucky for me, I am a Kentucky hillbilly, born and bred, who has lived abroad.
I can adapt, or I can go to the hills!

That said, I pray that none of us EVER have to resort to any sort of "Escape" Tactic to protect our families.

We need to work hard, get RP Nominated and Elected then work harder to correct what has been done by our current administration.

We can fix this country, we just need to work harder to get the people to wake up and realize that the status quo will end up either spending us into the third world, or get us further involved in confrontation with the world.

ConstitutionGal
02-03-2008, 08:33 PM
+100+

I have skills and materials to offer, but have no real connections.

Thankfully, between my husband and I, we've got most of the basic thing covered (farming, raising livestock and poultry and hunting game). He's also a trained electricial and a decent mechanic and well, me, I'm Cherokee on my mother's side and not squemish about very much (if you catch my drift) plus, I've hunted deer and such for years and am a VERY good shot (espcially over distances). What I'm getting at here is that, while my immediate family may be capable of feeding ourselves, it's hard to protect what you have unless you have sufficient numbers to more or less do guard rotations and take turns doing the harder tasks of keeping everyone fed, clothed and housed. If you get too tired, you're more likely to have whatever you've worked for taken away by a superior force. The old addage about safety in numbers (if they aren't TOO concentrated) will hold more true than many folks realize.

Aidyl
02-03-2008, 08:42 PM
if push comes to shove, I shall be like my ancestors...run to the hills and pray the government doesn't find me. hopefully the end result will come out differently...

heath.whiteaker
02-03-2008, 08:43 PM
if push comes to shove, I shall be like my ancestors...run to the hills and pray the government doesn't find me. hopefully the end result will come out differently...

wow the 2nd post and it was a great one. Welcome.

Aidyl
02-03-2008, 08:52 PM
wow the 2nd post and it was a great one. Welcome.

thank you! I'm very glad to be here

amy31416
02-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Thankfully, between my husband and I, we've got most of the basic thing covered (farming, raising livestock and poultry and hunting game). He's also a trained electricial and a decent mechanic and well, me, I'm Cherokee on my mother's side and not squemish about very much (if you catch my drift) plus, I've hunted deer and such for years and am a VERY good shot (espcially over distances). What I'm getting at here is that, while my immediate family may be capable of feeding ourselves, it's hard to protect what you have unless you have sufficient numbers to more or less do guard rotations and take turns doing the harder tasks of keeping everyone fed, clothed and housed. If you get too tired, you're more likely to have whatever you've worked for taken away by a superior force. The old addage about safety in numbers (if they aren't TOO concentrated) will hold more true than many folks realize.

That's great! Your and your husband's skills are those that I seriously lack as a city girl (for the most part anyways.)

I catch your drift and I'm sure I could learn from you. I'm mechanically apt, chemically apt and I don't fear many things, I certainly don't fear learning new things. I know some basics, which could become very important.

I'm making sure I can protect myself and am trying to stock up on the important stuff while I can...

attackkatt
02-03-2008, 08:57 PM
Red Dawn

Blooberry777
02-03-2008, 08:58 PM
WHY WE NEED TO SUPPORT PAUL TIL NOV

I was at my meetup group organizers home last night and he said that even if Paul didn't get the nomination there is still a chance for him with his delegates. My organizer will be apart of the final voting process with the Campaign. He didn't fully explain it because he had family matters to deal with but that's why Paul needs continuous support no matter what it looks like. That's why Paul said he is going all the way.

It Looks like the more delegates he has the better. I think the electoral vote is what counts along with the delegates not the popular vote.

I don't know the process but that is why Paul said he needs us & $$$ until November.

Remember this is just not the Ron Paul Revolution, it's ours too.

Good video's, don't forget OUR REVOLUTION!!! LET IT CONTINUE! This is when Paul needs us the most, after Super Tuesday! It's ALL THE WAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG_OwTthS-E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCz-zpbhaGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otwKWzdu7Ps

Blooberry777
02-03-2008, 08:59 PM
Can someone tell me how to make a brand new thread?

amy31416
02-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Can someone tell me how to make a brand new thread?

Sure, there's a button at the top that states "new thread." I'll go into more detail if you need me to.

ConstitutionGal
02-03-2008, 09:02 PM
That's great! Your and your husband's skills are those that I seriously lack as a city girl (for the most part anyways.)

I catch your drift and I'm sure I could learn from you. I'm mechanically apt, chemically apt and I don't fear many things, I certainly don't fear learning new things. I know some basics, which could become very important.

I'm making sure I can protect myself and am trying to stock up on the important stuff while I can...

My suggestion would be for you to do some printing from websites about canning vegatables and preserving meat (smoking and salting for instance) as well as ways to purify and store water. Have, at least, small stockpiles of things that may become hard to get such as razor blades, needles and thread, candles, matches (especially the waterproof kind), extra tanks or brickets for grilling, coleman fuel for cooking and lanterns and kerosene for heating along with firewood if you have a working fireplace (and depending on climate). Just a little preparation without having to go overboard could, at least, keep your family safe and fed until things either stabalize or you have time to make more long-range plans. Of course, still, a means to protect your little 'stash' should be on the TOP of your list.

Once the immediate needs of you and your family are assured, then we can all start thinking about linking up should things continue to deteriorate. We're in middle Tennessee and, thankfully, the climate is pretty good around here and we're near two creeks and a major lake for water supplies so gardening and raising livestock (chickens are EASY, BTW) are not major problems.

kaleidoscope eyes
02-03-2008, 09:03 PM
i second
Louisville, KY
because i live there
Louisville will be okalie dokalie by me too, we're about 45 min North of there! ;)

Dark_Horse_Rider
02-03-2008, 09:07 PM

for the NE id suggest NH or maine or vermont....all are hidden in the mountains.....i like NH best bcuz its live free or die!!!!!!!!!

Good Idea

Dark_Horse_Rider
02-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Red Dawn

That was then... now its more like FED DAWN

BreakYourChains
02-03-2008, 09:43 PM

Good idea to money bomb, if that is done quickly. And, if whomever it is that holds the money (like PayPal) does not take it for some reason. But, excellent thinking to start the ball rolling....

attackkatt
02-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Waco was just practice:eek:

attackkatt
02-03-2008, 09:55 PM
Let's buy some old missle silos in wyoming? we have to have a few Atlas and Titan sites.

Srg1
02-03-2008, 09:58 PM
alaska would be the best or...

idaho,montana,north dakota,wyoming in that area.

than start up the militia 1 million strong and armed

stilltrying
02-03-2008, 10:01 PM
NH was fixed for ron paul to lose

The elites are HIGHLY against RP becoming elected, that is for sure. In any way shape or form they are definitely working against him. It would be far too much change for them when a government is run for the people and by the people that they could not buy their representative in the white house.

attackkatt
02-03-2008, 10:02 PM
alaska would be the best or...

idaho,montana,north dakota,wyoming in that area.

than start up the militia 1 million strong and armed

I'm a single trucker,I can live anywere. I am with ya:D

Michigan11
02-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Norway, 95% english speaking and free as hell! Plus the Fjords are awesome. We can builg longboats like the vikings and pillage.

AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!

UnReconstructed
02-03-2008, 10:23 PM
We're probably going to move to Wyoming regardless.

The South is nice but a lot of it is given over to Socialism.

Elliott
02-03-2008, 10:35 PM

Call me crazy? This happens all over the world...oppressive governments.....populations revolting...... our is coming again!

You better be ready! Maybe not this year or the next...but it's coming.
This system of things can only go on for so long....

Ok on a lighter note...... Go Patriots! How ironic.......what need more of...patriots!

You mean we should all meet up in one place so one MOAB can take us all out at once? There is currently a template group of loosely affiliated people that are effectively countering a state-of-the-art military. I'm certainly not saying we should become like them, but that's really the only way to actively resist.

The best bet really would just be a full retreat into rural northwestern US while the cities all become Detroit clones. Try to remove all reliance on the federal infrastructure and create a relatively self-sustaining agrarian society. ...basically we all become Quakers.

Myerz
02-04-2008, 01:12 AM
These are scary times and I for one am not going to pretend that it's not or underestimate our so called government's intentions. Everything thing they do, approve of, ignore, advocate, endorse, and believe in is completely opposite of what the people of this country want. It just screams of corruption. For longest time I would see these other countries, Africa, Middle-east, wherever and the corruption that infected them and think wow that's too bad, I sure am glad I live in the USA. I think our circumstance is worse.... at least in Africa they don't lie to the people....they tell the people their screwed and if they don't like it they can choose to die. Here in America it's deception and the illusion of freedom.

Believe me, I love this country, the spirit of this country.... I despise the system. I want us to get our country back more than anyone I know. I just can't not sit by and hope though I need to be ready for the worse....... be ready for the worse, hope for the best.

tekrunner
02-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Philadelphia on the East coast.

Maybe Seattle on the west?

Bump for Seattle, plus Seattles dirty little sister Tacoma virtually has no police force...The place already operates under constitutional law, you don't bother anyone, no one bothers you.

Ben Woods
02-04-2008, 01:34 AM
How About Wyoming?

http://www.freestatewyoming.org/

The Free State Project of the West.

Or New Hampshire? The other Free State Project.

UnitedWeStand
02-04-2008, 01:41 AM
I think we should give each others our phone numbers so we can keep organized here if things do get nasty. Each state has their own meeting spot and go from there. That would be the only sure way that we stay organized if something happens. Just a thought is all.

Join your meetup group, if theres isnt one, start one!

nebulous
02-04-2008, 02:25 AM
Norway is a Monarchy and they like to tax:
Norway country profile! (http://www.rowbotham.com/knowledgenet/countryprofiles/norway.pdf)
Norway taxes! (http://www.fita.org/countries/norway.html)

Corporate tax
Tax rate for resident companies The rate is 28% (municipal tax of 6,75% and national tax 21,25%).

Tax rate on long-term capital gains In Norway, capital gains are taxed at the rate of 28%.

System governing groups of companies and dividends paid by subsidiaries to their parent companies The Norwegian residents pay the tax on dividends which is included in the corporate tax. The non-residents pay a tax of 25%.

Tax rate on branches Branches are taxed on profits made in Norway at the rate of 28%.

Income tax

Fiscal year The fiscal year begins on January 1st and ends on December 31st of the same year.

Income tax rate The tax on individuals is divided into three branches: the non-residents class 0), single person (class 1) and one or more dependant (class 2).
All individuals (residents and non residents) must pay a municipal tax of 28% on their annual net income which is superior to 28,800 NOK (class 1) or 57,600 NOK (class 2).
Tax schedule 2001:
From 0 to 289,000 NOK 0%
From 289,000 to 793,200 NOK 13,5%
Beyond 793,200 NOK 19,5%

Class 2
From 0 to 342,200 NOK 0%
From 342,200 to 793,200 NOK 13,5%
Beyond 793,200 NOK 19,5%

All income from capital are taxable with 28% except dividends taxable with 11%.

Tax deductions or other allowances In Norway, several deductions and dejections can reduce the amount of taxes and apply also to non-residents.
Travelling costs from the place of residence until the work place up to 6 000 NOK.
Insurance allowances are deductible at a level of 10% of the amount of the premium (30 000 NOK maximum).
The loans interests paid for the purchase of a property good.
Living allowances.
Deductions for dependent children:
1820 NOK for every dependent child (up to 15 years-old included).
2540 NOK for children from 16 to 18 years-old.
Valid fixed deduction for all categories of incomes: 20% of the annual gross income (3 700 NOK minimum / 32 600 NOK maximum).
Deduction of 25 000 for single people and 50 000 for married couples.
There are many other deductions concerning individuals who participate in the capital increase of a company or any other investment.

VAT rates

Standard rates 25%

Reduced rates 14% and 8%
Rate of 0% applied on some products and services (produced intended to export, some goods transportation, newspapers, electric energy in some regions of Norway etc.).

Other important taxes

Name of tax Rate
Stamp duties 2,50%
Land taxes 0,2% to 0,7%
Tax of investment 7%
Successions and donations Progressive rate (maximum 30%)
Wealth taxes 0% to 1,1%

Ben Woods
02-04-2008, 02:25 AM
You mean we should all meet up in one place so one MOAB can take us all out at once? There is currently a template group of loosely affiliated people that are effectively countering a state-of-the-art military. I'm certainly not saying we should become like them, but that's really the only way to actively resist.

The best bet really would just be a full retreat into rural northwestern US while the cities all become Detroit clones. Try to remove all reliance on the federal infrastructure and create a relatively self-sustaining agrarian society. ...basically we all become Quakers.

I agree. North West is best, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and maybe even Alberta!

merrimac
02-04-2008, 02:44 AM
Montana!

Montana would be an excellent spot. And it's not just cause I live there. We're almost the size of California but very few people live here. I'm not even sure if we have a million people in it yet so if the Ron Paul people moved here we would easily take over the political system. And we have one tenth of the world's coal (seriously), so we could take care of our energy needs and fortify ourselves from the North American Union (R.I.P. USA).

Pauls' Revere
02-04-2008, 02:58 AM
How About Wyoming?

http://www.freestatewyoming.org/

The Free State Project of the West.

Or New Hampshire? The other Free State Project.

Start a seccesion movement with Jefferson State! They did it briefly in the 1940's and we could have Ron as president! Please check this out, it's pretty cool. Not the free state project but actually creating the 51st state!
http://jeffersonstate.com/
incidently we might want to contact the reps for Jefferson State and see if they like Ron Paul.

nebulous
02-04-2008, 03:04 AM
Start a seccesion movement with Jefferson State! They did it briefly in the 1940's and we could have Ron as president! Please check this out, it's pretty cool. Not the free state project but actually creating the 51st state!
http://jeffersonstate.com/
incidently we might want to contact the reps for Jefferson State and see if they like Ron Paul.
I've driven all through that area supposedly the start of WWII dropped the legislation in Congress!
I like that area and would move there or may move there anyway!

Mini-Me
02-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Montana would be an excellent spot. And it's not just cause I live there. We're almost the size of California but very few people live here. I'm not even sure if we have a million people in it yet so if the Ron Paul people moved here we would easily take over the political system. And we have one tenth of the world's coal (seriously), so we could take care of our energy needs and fortify ourselves from the North American Union (R.I.P. USA).

Even Montana isn't big enough to avoid the NAU nuking it to hell for noncompliance...

aravoth
02-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Akaska, start a secession movement in alaska. Lots of resources up there, Makes that place kinda like arakkis on dune.

ArrestPoliticians
02-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Montana. duh.

Carole
02-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Excuse me, but Bush and Clinton have both ended America as we knew it. Like Humpty Dumpty, they broke it.

It will require a peaceful, if possible, people revolution to put put the pieces back together again. Otherwise secession is another way to break the matrix of glabalism.

Carole
02-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Yeah,

Carole
02-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Hmm...you might want to make it closer to Tennessee... which also has been attending secession conventions. :D

Carole
02-20-2008, 01:48 PM
We actually will need several places as it will be too difficult to travel long distances. We probably won't be able to even get gasoline. :eek: :D:D:)

Truth Warrior
02-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Where? How about FEMA camp?

tommyzDad
02-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Michigan. Join the Militia up there.

Carole
02-20-2008, 01:51 PM
New Hampshire is not central enough. :):p

Carole
02-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Good for Texas.

Lois
02-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Number 1 -- Why make it (survival) harder on ourselves? Why move somewhere where the weather can kill us? I hate to be cold, and if we moved to all those northern states, we'd spend all our time just trying to keep from freezing most of the year. So move where it's warmer. I live in Virginia right now, it's not too bad.

Number 2 -- Do you know how much time you'd be spending hunting and preparing and storing animals? Well, I'm here to tell you I've been a Vegetarian Raw Foodist for 7 years and I never felt better. Never get sick, no colds or flus or viruses, nothing. And if little me can thrive on raw food, anybody can. I do eat raw goat's milk sometimes, and I'm not sure if we need dairy and eggs or not, but that's a lot easier than 'hunting', cooking and eating dead animals.

Leave the food situation to me and we'll all be fine.

Lois

thuja
02-21-2008, 11:49 AM
Number 1 -- Why make it (survival) harder on ourselves? Why move somewhere where the weather can kill us? I hate to be cold, and if we moved to all those northern states, we'd spend all our time just trying to keep from freezing most of the year. So move where it's warmer. I live in Virginia right now, it's not too bad.

Number 2 -- Do you know how much time you'd be spending hunting and preparing and storing animals? Well, I'm here to tell you I've been a Vegetarian Raw Foodist for 7 years and I never felt better. Never get sick, no colds or flus or viruses, nothing. And if little me can thrive on raw food, anybody can. I do eat raw goat's milk sometimes, and I'm not sure if we need dairy and eggs or not, but that's a lot easier than 'hunting', cooking and eating dead animals.

Leave the food situation to me and we'll all be fine.

Lois

i will be glad to leave all food considerations to you, or to help, as your ideas ae excellent. maybe some eggs and fishing for the meat eaters if the water is clean enough for fishing.

Peregrin
02-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Ahhh...survivalism! One of my favorite topics. I've collected books, stocked up on a few supplies, bought a Swiss Army knife...yeah, I'm a survivalist wannabe. :)

When I thought about the subject of where to go, the thought popped into my head that I could head over to Amish country and beg them to take me in. They're the experts in living without electricity.

Lois
02-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Good idea -- we have Mennonites near us in the Shenandoah Valley. I'm sure they'll welcome us with open arms. :rolleyes:

Razmear
02-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Without reading all 17 pages, two tips:
Get a CB radio.
Keep your RP buttons, stickers, and stuff so we can visually identify each other.

I would not migrate anywhere, several pockets of resistance are harder to deal with than having everyone in one location.
Also, we are not an army that can go toe to toe with a superior force, quick hit and run is the only tactic that will work.

Read Sun Tzu!

eb

btw, watching the Serb videos coming in, and I'm amazed at how polite their riot police are, don't expect that here.

rpfreedom08
02-21-2008, 04:09 PM
my guess is that if SHTF we will need a better code than just ron paul stickers etc... More than likely they will have trolls just like they had/have here. One of the biggests problems the world faces is infiltration from big brother. I'm not sure how we will do it but it's going to have to be some way that will weed out the "trolls", "cointelpro", or whatever you want to call it.

ThinkDifferent
02-21-2008, 05:47 PM
The town of TRISTRAM to save DECKARD CAIN

Make sure to bring lots of super healing and mana potions !

Holy crap! A diablo geek in our midst. I wonder how many of us there are.

nate895
02-21-2008, 05:55 PM
I say we meet in Idaho, since it is so mountainous, it will be hard to attack.

NeoRayden
02-21-2008, 06:10 PM
http://www.thirdcc.org

That is were we are meeting. It is already in the works.

nate895
02-21-2008, 06:12 PM
http://www.thirdcc.org

That is were we are meeting. It is already in the works.

Sounds good to me.

LibertiORDeth
02-21-2008, 06:13 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=122743

This is a better idea.

american.swan
02-21-2008, 06:14 PM
appalachian mts

Great Smokey's would be a great place to ambush....if only they didn't have night vision.