PDA

View Full Version : Nashville Paper Omits RP from Voter Guide (with contact info)

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 02:33 PM
On Page 22a of Sunday Feb 3rd's Tennessean newspaper here in Nashville, a voters guide with every candidate and their positions are listed EXCEPT RON PAUL

:mad:
THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Call AND e-mail the editor of the paper and let them know how you feel. And yes he does actually get the messages.

Mark Silverman, Editor in chief
615-259-8000 (extension: 8003)

msilverman@tennessean.com

PimpBlimp
02-03-2008, 02:36 PM
that sob

tnvoter
02-03-2008, 02:58 PM
I just got cutoff because my message was so long.

Be respectful people.

Mark
02-03-2008, 03:13 PM
bump

WilliamC
02-03-2008, 03:22 PM
It's pervasive.

I spent two hours on hold to get on a radio talk show today out of Memphis, right before TN votes on Tuesday.

The host, Andrew Clarksenior, knows me because I've called in before and I have bested him on air in my support of Ron Paul.

Three separate times he would say, "we're getting to William next" then take another call.

The show ended and I didn't get on.

He knows I would have once more made a great argument for Ron Paul, one he couldn't counter, and so he wouldn't let me on air.

It's ironic how the talk radio people bash the mainstream media for not giving Conservatives enough respect, but when it comes to a true Conservative, they are no better.

I am so ANGRY and I can't even go out and do any canvassing to make me feel better because I'm stuck at home with a sick child all day.

RATS!

Crickett
02-03-2008, 03:41 PM
PLease everyone..make sure your calls and letters are also requesting a transcript or the letter to be placed in FCC public file. They are going to have to show them sooner or later if you do this.

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I dont think the newspaper has to report in a FCC public file

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 04:26 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/DSCN0368.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/DSCN0370.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/DSCN0371.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/DSCN0372.jpg

Cinderella
02-03-2008, 04:47 PM
^^^^ same exact thing with my local newspaper.....

SL89
02-03-2008, 05:09 PM
I believe this is illegal, or?

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 05:11 PM
^^^^ same exact thing with my local newspaper.....
Link? Contact info?

granny miller
02-03-2008, 05:57 PM
I have strong ties to Nashville & M'Boro.
The Tennessean just got a piece of my mind :D

SeekLiberty
02-03-2008, 06:01 PM
On Page 22a of Sunday Feb 3rd's Tennessean newspaper here in Nashville, a voters guide with every candidate and their positions are listed EXCEPT RON PAUL

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Call AND e-mail the editor of the paper and let them know how you feel. And yes he does actually get the messages.

Here's what I wrote in an email:

"Dear Mark Silverman,

1) Why did The Tennessean newspaper leave out Ron Paul and his positions in the voters guide?

2) Why would The Tennessean leave out the only anti-war, bring-the-troops-home-now, Republican candidate?

3) Do you realize this makes The Tennessean look very biased to 70% of the readership who want to see the Iraq War ended now?

I'll be looking forward to a reasonable response to my three questions.

Thanks!"

- SL

Save America's ROOTS. Read this book online for free:

The American Ideal of 1776:
The Twelve Basic American Principles

http://lexrex.com/enlightened/AmericanIdeal

Thanehand
02-03-2008, 08:29 PM
THANK YOU for posting those pictures. Everyone should do this when they see this stuff.

louisiana4liberty
02-03-2008, 08:34 PM
What kind of crappy newspaper is that? Geez, I'd like to shove that newspaper up that editor's $%^.

Agora
02-03-2008, 08:36 PM
...don't JUST complain, demand correction tomorrow.

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Call the Tennessean night editor RIGHT NOW and demand a correction to run in tomorrow's paper. We only have a couple of hours before their deadline.

The gentleman's name is Jerry Manly and he is in charge tonight at the Tennessean. He will tell you he doesn't have the authority to run a correction, however please demand that he get on the phone and obtain that authority. Remember to be polite and courteous as our actions represent Ron Paul.

615-259-8000 is the main number (go to the news department)

After you have spoken with him ask to be put through to John Gibson (extension 8025) who is the editor in charge of the editorial section. He will not be in his office until Monday but we can leave him voicemail.

IF WE DON'T ACT RIGHT NOW millions of Tennesseans may not ever get to read about Ron Paul. This is our last shot.

Agora
02-03-2008, 09:27 PM
bump

slacker921
02-03-2008, 09:37 PM
you need to make sure you put something in there about "he finished second in NV, LA, and finished ahead of Huckabee in Maine..... don't let them pull the "he's only polling at -1% bs.

And take out a full page ad Tuesday if you have to.. threaten them with that.. that you'll put something in there calling them on their bias. You might also contact the local TV station, radio station, etc. make a stink.

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 10:18 PM
And take out a full page ad Tuesday if you have to.. threaten them with that.. that you'll put something in there calling them on their bias. You might also contact the local TV station, radio station, etc. make a stink.The sick thing is that we already have been running ads in their paper for a week. AND we will be running an ad on Tuesday taking up the entire bottom of the front page! By the way, one of our meetup members spent $7k on it :mad:

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 10:27 PM
From members of our local meetup:

"I called Jerry Manly and he was rather rude. He asked if I had been told what to say. He told me to call back tomorrow and he did not like it when I mentioned that would be after tomorrow's issue was already published. He must be feeling the heat since he was so rude."

and

"The operator would not put through my call to Jerry Manly, when she found out I was calling about Ron Paul. She did connect me to John Gibson's voice mail. I have sent an e-mail to Jerry Manly jmanly@tennessean.com and John Gibson jgibson@tennessean.com. I just wonder how many e-mails they typically get on one topic and how many they are getting on this."

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Info on the parent company:

http://www.gannett.com/about/map/address.htm
http://www.gannett.com/about/management/board_of_directors.htm

Scott Wilson
02-03-2008, 10:28 PM
I just called and he didn't seem too impressed with me either. I was polite but very firm.

slacker921
02-03-2008, 10:41 PM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Newspapers_show_blatant_bias_too_Sheesh digg it..

westmich4paul
02-03-2008, 10:41 PM
The Grand Rapids Press here in Michigan did this very same thing. They then tried to say it was the fault of the AP when confronted on it. Problem was they did it just before Primary and it was too late to do anything of real value about it because of the timing of it.

I have since cancelled my subscription to this biased Rag they call my local paper and sent them an email in regards as to why I have done so. They will no longer ever recieve my money. I suggested everyone I know do the same thing. My reasoning to them is even if you do not support Ron Paul for a paper that covers your local news to try to manipulate you by excluding candidates at their descretion is a form of facism even at the smallest levels and should never be tolerated.

I asked several people I know to think about this when it comes to local elections and elections regarding law changes and how would they feel if the paper they were looking for for information only gave them half the story on new laws or local candidates. I told them this wasn't a Ron Paul issue as much as it was a censorship issue.

Support your papers and local news that are fair and balanced. Give them your money and your ratings it is the only way to stop this despicable act.

mokkan88
02-03-2008, 10:43 PM
It's pervasive.

I spent two hours on hold to get on a radio talk show today out of Memphis, right before TN votes on Tuesday.

The host, Andrew Clarksenior, knows me because I've called in before and I have bested him on air in my support of Ron Paul.

Three separate times he would say, "we're getting to William next" then take another call.

The show ended and I didn't get on.

He knows I would have once more made a great argument for Ron Paul, one he couldn't counter, and so he wouldn't let me on air.

It's ironic how the talk radio people bash the mainstream media for not giving Conservatives enough respect, but when it comes to a true Conservative, they are no better.

I am so ANGRY and I can't even go out and do any canvassing to make me feel better because I'm stuck at home with a sick child all day.

RATS!

So lie. "My name's Bill..."

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 10:52 PM
The Grand Rapids Press here in Michigan did this very same thing. They then tried to say it was the fault of the AP when confronted on it. Maybe the source material they got form the AP was erroneous, but that doesn't excuse them from RUNNING IT IN THEIR PAPER!!! :mad:

Staynsane
02-03-2008, 11:38 PM
called.. left message
Thank you for the heads up Matt

wowabunga
02-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Message emailed.

CareerTech1
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
i believe this is a direct violation of the equal time rule

something must be done to stop this madness

CareerTech1
02-03-2008, 11:53 PM
i emailed him too

Staynsane
02-03-2008, 11:57 PM
bump

patriotcalendar
02-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Why not contact the CEO of the paper's parent company as well?? Ask him, nicely, to ensure that The Tennessean will run a correction (looks like it would have to be in the Tues edition, if it can be accomplished). If he's cooperative at all, I'd suggest asking him to confirm via email that he will assist with getting the correction done by the Tennessean.

Gannett Co., Inc.
Headquarters
7950 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA 22107
(703) 854-6000
h ttp://www.gannett.com
gcishare@gannett.com

h ttp://www.gannett.com/about/management/board_of_directors.htm

h ttp://www.gannett.com/about/management/mgmt.htm

Craig A. Dubow

Listed as Work Address:

7950 Jones Branch Dr
Mc Lean, VA 22107-0001
(703) 854-6000

2 more listings for him:

Craig A & Denise W Dubow
492 River Bend Rd
Great Falls, VA 22066-4016
(703) 757-8289

Craig Dubow
44830 Cockpit Ct
Sterling, VA 20166-7711
(703) 661-8022

Matt Collins
02-04-2008, 07:53 AM
i believe this is a direct violation of the equal time rule I don't think there is such thing for newspapers. The press isn't regulated.

Tesselator
02-04-2008, 09:14 AM
Here is a list of E-Mails to paste into the BCC: field of your emails to them:

fmenko@tennessean.com
prains@tennessean.com
kstivender@tennessean.com
mwood@tennessean.com
klryan@tennessean.com
rterry@tennessean.com
mmedsker@tennessean.com
jwayers@tennessean.com
pbukengolts@tennessean.com
dhighland@Tennessean.com
mmccann@tennessean.com
emobley@tennessean.com
crapking@Tennessean.com
lray@Tennessean.com
sverble@tennessean.com
dyunker@Tennessean.com
khood@tennessean.com
ebullwinkel@tennessean.com
ktaylor1@tennessean.com
datebook@tennessean.com
local@tennessean.com
calendar@tennessean.com
awoosley@tennessean.com

Be sure to use BCC so it will look like each mail is individual and not a form letter.
Be polite and DEMAND that Ron Paul be included and that equal space be devoted
in a reprint or whatever. Make sure to include ALL those emails! Let's let the whole
staff down there know what's going on and our minds on the topic!

We want our country back!

Tesselator
02-04-2008, 09:18 AM
Why do my posts keep getting deleted!??! :confused::mad: Stop that!!!

There is nothing illegal unethical or immoral about posting email addresses relevant
to an issue. This approach works as we've proved in the past! If we can't call the
responsible parties to task then let's just all give up and go home. Let's just all
accept and embrace marxism right now and call it quits.

freedomintheusa
02-04-2008, 09:40 AM
2. Communications Act
For information on rules concerning rates for
purchasing broadcast time, equal access to broadcast
media, and procedures for filing complaints
in this area, contact the Federal Communications
Commission, Political Office, 445 12th Street, SW,
Washington, DC 20554 (202-418-1440 or 888-
225-5322) or e-mail campaignlaw@fcc.gov or visit
www.fcc.gov/mb/policy/political.

Matt Collins
02-04-2008, 09:52 AM
For information on rules concerning rates for
purchasing broadcast time, equal access to broadcast media, and procedures for filing complaints in this area,

Which has NOTHING TO DO WITH NEWSPAPER!!!

Geeze.. :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
02-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Everyone is getting the same thing from him.
From Mark Silverman, editor in Chief of the Tennessean:
msilverman@tennessean.com:

"I apologize for the omission.

The candidates' position grid we published was provided by one of our wire services. It omitted Dr. Paul. We should have caught the omission but we did not. There's no excuse on our part -- but that's what happened."
Here is my e-mail back to him:

Understandable but still inexcusable.

What are you going to do to make it right?

Matt Collins
Nashville, TN

crazyfacedjenkins
02-04-2008, 09:54 AM
I can't take this sick shit anymore. If we were REAL men, we would have stormed that fucking newspaper's office and demanded in person that they reprint or we would blast the fucking place.

LukeNM
02-04-2008, 10:01 AM
They left Ron Paul out of the Albuquerque Journal too! It was an AP story that I think all the major papers published that did not include him. An email was sent and our meetup group sent letters. Our primary is not until June 3rd so keep us in the fight!

jpwilhelm
02-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Time for people to rise up and get pissed! I don't think sitting at a computer is going to help anything. The powers that be are laughing at all of us saying "these emails are really scaring us" yeah right. Our parents did better in the 60's they got out and went to these places, took them on face to face. Protested, marched, and took on anyone in their way. That’s what we should be doing. We should have a group in front of Fox News, CNN, MSNBC every day, we should be organizing trips for protests in front of the Democrat and republican conventions. This is the only way we will be heard.

mayavision2012
02-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Hey LukeNM, I'm in ABQ too. Do you know when/if the RP campaign will set up an office here?

Anyway, I've had this "goosebump" feeling all morning that this blackout by the MSM is really more about knowing that when RP becomes president, he will uncover WAY, WAY more in the way of criminal activities/subversion/corruption by many "behind the scenes" that would dwarf what the public knows so far. Sure, it's about the threat of losing the FED RES, etc., but I think it much, much bigger even.

(Addendum): I just fired off a protest e-mail to the ABQ Journal, Luke NM.

Matt Collins
02-04-2008, 12:24 PM
I can't take this sick shit anymore. If we were REAL men, we would have stormed that fucking newspaper's office and demanded in person that they reprint or we would blast the fucking place.I sooo bad wanted to go march on their front door but we can't do that stuff and support Ron at the same time.

Paul Revered
02-04-2008, 12:57 PM
I posted the OP on MySpace.

freelance
02-04-2008, 01:01 PM
What kind of crappy newspaper is that? Geez, I'd like to shove that newspaper up that editor's $%^.

You wouldn't have to ask if you lived here. :eek:

sratiug
02-04-2008, 01:11 PM
We have to kill the Associated Press.

Matt Collins
02-04-2008, 02:47 PM
You wouldn't have to ask if you lived here. :eek:Yeah, the paper here is really of very very low quality. This proves it.

scandinaviany3
02-04-2008, 02:56 PM
can all ron paul supporters find a copy of this article in their state?

If so let everyone know?

Matt Collins
02-04-2008, 04:17 PM
In today's issue of the City Paper here in Nashville (different from the Tennessean) Ron Paul was listed in a political cartoon which was entitled "LOST". Ron was drawn standing next to other former candidates including Dodd, Tancredo, Biden, Richardson, Gravel, Edwards, Rudy, and Fred.

THEY THINK RON HAS DROPPED OUT!

CALL AND TELL THEM THEY ARE WRONG!!!

Phone: (615) 298-9833
FAX: (615) 298-2780

editor@nashvillecitypaper.com

The editors are Clint Brewer (extension 229) and Vincent Troia (extension 232)

You can see pics of this lie here:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/DSCN0377.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/DSCN0375.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/DSCN0374.jpg
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/DSCN0376.jpg

Or you can view the online version here:
Online version of the paper (http://e-paper.nashvillecitypaper.com/Default/Skins/CityPaperD/Client.asp?Skin=CityPaperD&BP=OK&Daily=TCP&AW=1202156557019&AppName=1)

painter4Ron Paul
02-04-2008, 04:29 PM
i just called and instead of leaving a message pressed zero and was connected to a live person. I asked why they had left him out and the lady that picked up giggled and said it was an accident.

scandinaviany3
02-04-2008, 05:11 PM
http://www.gannett.com/about/map/propmap.htm

Laja
02-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Nashville, probably one of the MOST corrupt cities in the country. I feel sorry for the people who live there.

Matt Collins
02-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Nashville, probably one of the MOST corrupt cities in the country. Uhh... New Orleans and Memphis don't exist anymore? :rolleyes:

zoi
02-04-2008, 08:15 PM

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

COME ON Ron Paul supporters...KEEP UP THE HEAT, ON TV, NEWSPAPERS...ETC
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
- Frederick Douglass

Matt Collins
02-11-2010, 01:34 AM
Looks like they are up to their same smear and ignore propaganda tactics with Rand:
http://www.whas11.com/community/blogs/political-blog/Rand-Paul-responds-to-Dyche-CJ-column-84046827.html

MikeStanart
02-11-2010, 10:47 AM
Looks like they are up to their same smear and ignore propaganda tactics with Rand:
http://www.whas11.com/community/blogs/political-blog/Rand-Paul-responds-to-Dyche-CJ-column-84046827.html

LoL stop resurrecting old threads; this could cause drama because the thread title could be confused with Rand.

Matt Collins
06-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Well they can't ignore Rand, so they are attacking him instead:
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100621/NEWS0106/6210302/1008/Rand-Paul-has-long-history-of-controversial-views