PDA

View Full Version : This is crazy.

Dvs
02-03-2008, 02:10 PM
33 Senators Voted Against English as America's Official Language on June 6, 2007.

On Wed. 6 June 2007 23:35:23 - 0500
Colonel Harry Riley, USA, Ret. Wrote:

Senators: Your vote against an amendment to the immigration Bill 1348.....to make English America's official language is astounding.

On D-Day, no less,when we honor those that sacrificed in order to secure the bedrock, character and principles of America, I can only surmise your vote reflects a loyalty to illegal aliens. I don't much care where you come from. What your religion is. Whether you're black, white, or some other color......male or female......Democrat, Republican or Independent....... But I do care when you are a United States Senator representing Citizens of America....and Vote against
English as the official language of the United States.

Your vote reflects Betrayal. Political Surrender. Violates Your Pledge of Allegiance. Dishonors historical principle. Rejects Patriotism. Borders On traitorous action and, in my opinion,
makes you unfit to serve as a United States Senator...impeachment... Recall........Or other appropriate action is warranted or worse.

Four of you voting against English as America's Official Language are Presidential Candidates: Senator Biden, Senator Clinton, Senator Dodd and Senator Obama.
Four Senators vying to lead America, but won't or don't have the courage to cast a vote in favor of "English" as America's Official Language when 91% of American Citizens want English officially designated as our language.

This is the second time in the last several months this list of Senators have disgraced themselves as "policital Hacks"...... Unworthy as Senators and certainly unqualified to serve as President of the United States.

If America is as angry as I am, you will realize a backlash so stunning it will literally "rock you out of your panties"
....And preferably totally out of the United States Senate.

The entire immigration bill is a farce... Your action only confirms this really isn't about America.....it is about self-serving
politics......despicable at best. It has been said:
"Never Argue with an Idiot....They'll drag you down to their level!"

The following Senators voted against making English the official language Of America:
Akaka (D-HI)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE) (Wants to be President)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Clinton (D-NY) (Wants to be President)
Dayton (D-MN)
Dodd (D- MN) wants to be president
Domenici (R-NM) coward. Protecting his senate seat
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-win) - not unusual for him
Feinstein (D-ca)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-hi)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Kennedy - (D-ma)
Kerry (D-ma) (tried to be president)
Kohl (D-WI))
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (I-CT) Disappointment here.....
Menendez (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Obama (D-IL) (Wants to be President)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV) Senate Majority Leader
As Lazar (D-CO)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Schumer (D-NY)
Stabenow (D-M

freedom-maniac
02-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Wir wollen deutsch bleiben!

literatim
02-03-2008, 02:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUgTDmD4vW4

Spike
02-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Political Correctness is undoing this nation in ways unimaginable.

Verad
02-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Ob Englisch kann nicht unsere Sprache sein, dann wir sollen nur Deutsch sprachen!

Did you know that at one time German almost became the official language?

gaazn
02-03-2008, 03:04 PM
let the market decide. if it ends up being spanish or chinese, so be it.

Molly1
02-03-2008, 03:07 PM
There's your talking point, Ron Paul Republicans.

Run against these guys and tell the people the truth!

They will lose.

Cinderella
02-03-2008, 03:07 PM
bueno yo pienso que espanol debe de ser la idioma nacional de los eastados unidos

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ibgamer
02-03-2008, 03:29 PM
let the market decide. if it ends up being spanish or chinese, so be it.

:rolleyes: I laughed

QWE
02-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Um why should we have an official language?

I want a smaller federal government...
Where in the constitution does it give congress the power to establish a language?

And how would "English" be defined? Who knows what English will be 100 years from now.

Sounds fucking stupid to me, those Senators had the right idea.

LibertyRevolution
02-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I want english as our offical language. I am tired of seeing all signs posted in english and spanish, im tired of the DMV having a dozen languages to take driving tests in, even though are street signs are in english. English should be a requirment of all citizens, and all guest workers. you want to come to our country, learn english! If i go to another country where english isnt the primary language, then i have to use their language, why should here be any different. I am not saying that spanish or chinese should not be allowed, just when it comes to government forums, and tests, there should only be 1 language option, english.

Save a tree, make english the offical language.

LibertyOfOne
02-03-2008, 04:15 PM
I don't know if I am for this or against. It depends on what is meant by English as an official language. If by that you mean you can tell businesses what language they can cater to then no. If you mean that all government proceedings must be done in English only sure. I don't care what language the immigrants speak. In a free society you should be able to speak whatever language you want. I could care less what the rules are in other countries. I don't want America to be like other collectivist shits holes. Saying that you must know English in order to be here is collectivism anyways.

Paulitician
02-03-2008, 04:30 PM
LibertyofOne has it right if you ask me. I'm for having English as the official language of the United States. However, I don't agree with most of you about the implications of such a thing. Having an official language does not mean there couldn't be governmental documents/forms in different languages. I don't much care if people use other languages.

Goldwater Conservative
02-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Speak whatever you want in the private sector or in your private life, but "official language" means citizens have to know it and most government business (including voting) is conducted in it.

For what it's worth, I'm a Hispanic whose first language was Spanish, by the way.

the_oco
02-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Yes please, lets have more government regulation into our lives, telling us what languages are acceptable......Wait... Wha?

LibertyOfOne
02-03-2008, 07:33 PM
I see it from a practical standpoint. English only forms and schools and there is less bloat that is needed. As for saying that you must know English in order to be here that is forced assimilation. If someone wants to make it in the business word at a higher level than they have to learn English because the jobs demand it.

familydog
02-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Ask the Soviet Union how well multiculturalism worked.