PDA

View Full Version : I find this very interesting, but I can't explain it.

CMoore
02-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Rasmussen is saying that Alabama polls as follows:

McCain 38%
Romney 30%
Huckabee 20%
Paul 5%

This weekend McCain was in Birmingham where he drew a "stunning" crowd of 800 to a local hotel. If Ron Paul were to come to Birmingham, I can't begin to imagine the crowd he would draw. Anybody have any ideas why there is such a disconnect between the polls and crowds here?

pacelli
02-03-2008, 02:08 PM
The election has already been decided, and it has nothing to do with the people's votes.

malkusm
02-03-2008, 02:10 PM
We'll always get way more supporters than other candidates to rallies and things. It's simple: we care about the election. The other candidates are voting for the sake of voting, mostly the older crowd who watches the news and trusts them with their lives. We have all the enthusiasm in this election.

XelR8r
02-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Old people dude, old people.

They couldn't get out of the house if it were on freakin fire, but some how they make it to the poll in droves.

tomveil
02-03-2008, 02:11 PM
We'll always get way more supporters than other candidates to rallies and things. It's simple: we care about the election. The other candidates are voting for the sake of voting, mostly the older crowd who watches the news and trusts them with their lives. We have all the enthusiasm in this election.

Exactly.

nosebruise
02-03-2008, 02:15 PM
yeah im pretty sure the disconnect comes with "apathetic" voters. they get large turnouts because people who aren't active in the campaigns go out and vote, and many of them probably dont even know all that much about the candidates they are voting for, or are voting on someone they perceive as the winner.

elections are the american idol of politics.

IPSecure
02-03-2008, 02:19 PM

They couldn't get out of the house if it were on freakin fire, but some how they make it to the poll in droves.

Don't forget the 'Dead People' who also seem to be able to vote!!!
http://lawhawk.blogspot.com/2006/10/i-see-dead-people-voting-again.html

:eek:

Mark
02-03-2008, 02:53 PM
The election has already been decided, and it has nothing to do with the people's votes.

What gets me, is that many of the "deciders" believe that there is a Creator/God.

And for some reason, it seems the "deciders" think that they can do all of this manipulation and God won't care.

As in, there is no Eternal reprisal for their manipulative deeds in terms of their soul.

The words, "What profits a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul?" just seems to go right over their head.

------------------------------------------

A little REMINDER "deciders".

Matthew 16:26

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life [his blessed [a (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+16:26#fen-AMP-23699a)] life in the kingdom of God]?

Or what would a man give as an exchange for his [blessed] [b (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+16:26#fen-AMP-23699b)] life [in the kingdom of God]?

Dark_Horse_Rider
02-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Woe to the downpressers

FreeTraveler
02-03-2008, 03:02 PM

Young people dude, young people!

They're mostly not bothering to vote, and voting for Obama and McCain in huge numbers. Shows what the government schools are for.

CMoore
02-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Young people dude, young people!

They're mostly not bothering to vote, and voting for Obama and McCain in huge numbers. Shows what the government schools are for.

You are so right about that. CNN has been posting the demographics as part of their election coverage. I was really shocked to see the percentages. In SC, 44% of the voters were over 60 years of age!!!! Fully 75% were over 45. A campaign is wasting its time courting the votes of the young people because they are simply NOT going to go to the polls and vote in the numbers that the more mature and elderly voters are.

Of course, I would think Dr. Paul would appeal to older voters since he is the olders candidate in the race now.

Mark
02-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Woe to the downpressers

Guiltiness pressed on their conscience - and they live their lives on false pretense everyday - each and everyday

Yeah,

These are the big fish who always try to eat down the small fish, just the small fish.

I tell you what - they would do anything to materialize their every wish.

They'll eat the bread of sad tomorrow!

They'll eat the bread of sorrow!

They'll eat the bread of sorrow everyday.

-----------