PDA

View Full Version : Ron's Rise in California... Amazing, Amazing...

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 12:56 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8906/roncafebwt4.gif

From the latest Field Poll in CA. Huck is actually down, but Ron's rise has been very steady and clear. The more people learn about Ron, the more they like what they hear. I think Ron's advertising out here is paying off! He's been advertising heavily on Rush, OReilly, and Coast to Coast, just to name a few major radio shows.

The longer we keep this race going, the more people will flock to Ron.

virginiakid
02-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Awesome, keep working it.

Elle
02-03-2008, 01:00 PM
If we could get the others and undecided that would be awesome.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 01:00 PM
BTW, I am seeing a lot more RP decals on the backs of cars and SUVs. There is even one here in my community... a gold Mercedes coup.

Chester Copperpot
02-03-2008, 01:03 PM
A California Win would stun the entire nation: The GOP, the dems, the pundits, the ENTIRE POPULATION of the country... It would be stupendous

RCRanger03
02-03-2008, 01:05 PM
good lord a cali win alone would put us in first or second on delegates. I'll take 2nd or 3rd though.

freedom-maniac
02-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Can Dems cross over to vote Rep?

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Can Dems cross over to vote Rep?

No, that's the amazing part! They changed the rules to make CA a closed primary. :(

In a general election, I bet we could pull massive numbers, especially if there are no other anti-war, anti-illegal candidates.

nate895
02-03-2008, 01:11 PM
I want to beat the Huckster, and heck it looks possible if we have a good GOTV and a good undecided/leaning to another candidate conversion rate to beat Romney. That would be interesting.

nate895
02-03-2008, 01:14 PM
A California Win would stun the entire nation: The GOP, the dems, the pundits, the ENTIRE POPULATION of the country... It would be stupendous

It would mean the nomination, because if we could win in California, we'd probably also win in WV, GA, DE, AK, MT, MN, MO, possibly TN and AL, and CO.

DjLoTi
02-03-2008, 01:15 PM
vdg

Dave Pedersen
02-03-2008, 01:15 PM
What happens if McCain gets the majority of delegates but come September 90% of the Republican party backs Paul?

nate895
02-03-2008, 01:17 PM
What happens if McCain gets the majority of delegates but come September 90% of the Republican party backs Paul?

That won't happen.

RCRanger03
02-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Cali is closed! Mccain will get toasted, he is nothing with out his independents.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 01:21 PM
Cali is closed! Mccain will get toasted, he is nothing with out his independents.

He did fine without them in FL. He and Romney are running neck and neck out here in CA right now.

AParadigmShift
02-03-2008, 01:23 PM
We're trending upward. Good, good, good!

JMO
02-03-2008, 01:26 PM
I will be voting for Ron Paul in California. I know 2 people who are voting for Ron Paul via absentee ballot, one of which I know already sent his ballot in. For whatever reason about half of all ballots in California will be absentee, at least that is what the media tells us.

vitaminb12
02-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Too much ground to make up in CA. This is where the MSM has really killed us. It takes us months of grassroots effort to do what the MSM can essentially do in a couple of weeks. The best we can do is to keep spreading the word and hope for a brokered convention as Dr. Paul predicts.

Chester Copperpot
02-03-2008, 01:27 PM
I will be voting for Ron Paul in California. I know 2 people who are voting for Ron Paul via absentee ballot. For whatever reason about half of all ballots in California will be absentee, at least that is what the media tells us.

My sis lives out there and shes already voted for Ron Paul via absentee.. She told me a couple weeks ago that they announced on the news that there were around 500,000 absentee ballots cast... That sure seems like a lot of votes.

grizzums
02-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Cali is not a winner take all state for delegates....a good showing in certain districts/areas could yield us a healthy amount of delegates...

morerocklesstalk
02-03-2008, 01:32 PM
The West Coast is really where Ron Paul needs to stay. He won 2nd here in Nevada and people in California, Oregon, and Washington are very open minded, unlike many of the states of the East Coast where they seem to prefer established names (i.e. New Hampshire).

akalucas
02-03-2008, 01:34 PM
if you look here http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/ca/california_republican_primary-258.html you can see that 10% Paul got in one poll is an outlier compared to rest of the data and the newer polls. Three polls fromt this week (zogby, suffolk, mason-dixon) show hims at 3%, 4%, 5% respectively and having a average of 5.4%. Hopefully we can garner some wins in counties to get some delegates, though

Molly1
02-03-2008, 01:35 PM
The neocons took over the Republican party in 1992 by manipulating the Christians.

The neocons themselves do not believe in anything other then their own power and control over the world. They are psychopaths who don't care who gets hurt in their sociopathic drive for dominion. They are two bit con artists, using the power of manipulation to deceive people.

Christians need to wake up! The Holy Spirit has given them the Spirit of truth. They need to go back to basics and study the life of Jesus and the teachings of Jesus in the Bible. And, the Republican conservatives need to remember that it is our Constitution that guides us in our political life, a document given to us as our birthright.

This is some of what Jesus said to the 'neocons' of his day:

27"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. 28In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

33"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, .....

--Matthew 23

morerocklesstalk
02-03-2008, 01:36 PM
if you look here http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/ca/california_republican_primary-258.html you can see that 10% Paul got in one poll is an outlier compared to rest of the data and the newer polls. Three polls fromt this week (zogby, suffolk, mason-dixon) show hims at 3%, 4%, 5% respectively and having a average of 5.4%. Hopefully we can garner some wins in counties to get some delegates, though

They had Ron Paul at around 5-6% here in Nevada.

morerocklesstalk
02-03-2008, 01:37 PM
The neocons took over the Republican party in 1992 by manipulating the Christians.

The neocons themselves do not believe in anything other then their own power and control over the world. They are psychopaths who don't care who gets hurt in their sociopathic drive for dominion. They are two bit con artists, using the power of manipulation to deceive people.

Christians need to wake up! The Holy Spirit has given them the Spirit of truth. They need to go back to basics and study the life of Jesus and the teachings of Jesus in the Bible. And, the Republican conservatives need to remember that it is our Constitution that guides us in our political life, a document given to us as our birthright.

This is some of what Jesus said to the 'neocons' of his day:

27"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean. 28In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

33"You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34Therefore I am sending you prophets and wise men and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, .....

--Matthew 23

I hope you don't use this to persuade potential voters.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 01:37 PM

Christians have their own problems, like wanting to the "moral police" of other people's lives.

nate895
02-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Christians have their own problems, like wanting to the "moral police" of other people's lives.

I'm only against abortion and gay marriage, as is Dr. Paul, I believe. These issues should be left to the states. Other than those things, you people can do whatever the he** you want.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm only against abortion and gay marriage, as is Dr. Paul, I believe. These issues should be left to the states. Other than those things, you people can do whatever the he** you want.

Ron Paul does not believe the government should have anything to do with marriage. He is not against gay marriage.

akalucas
02-03-2008, 01:46 PM
They had Ron Paul at around 5-6% here in Nevada.

ya, but that was a caucus along with Louisinana and Maine. Calif. is a closed primary and unfortunately Paul doesnt fair well in these type states. Still hoping for the best though and hoping all the houses i went to as a precinct captain vote for Paul.

Molly1
02-03-2008, 01:46 PM
I hope you don't use this to persuade potential voters.

Why do you say that?

The Christians need to hear the truth, that they are being manipulated by hypocrites for their own ends.

Why do you think Jesus was killed? He was challenging the evil people in power.

Matthew 23 is God speaking to them directly.

dblee
02-03-2008, 01:48 PM

I'm pretty sick of you.

Molly1
02-03-2008, 01:48 PM

No. They are being led by wolves in sheep's clothing. They are deceived.

morerocklesstalk
02-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Why do you say that?

The Christians need to hear the truth, that they are being manipulated by hypocrites for their own ends.

Why do you think Jesus was killed? He was challenging the evil people in power.

Matthew 23 is God speaking to them directly.

Because you come across as crazy.

The only thing harder than persuading someone that they are "wrong" about politics is that they are "wrong" on religion.

Molly1
02-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Because you come across as crazy.

The only thing harder than persuading someone that they are "wrong" about politics is that they are "wrong" on religion.

Only 'crazy' to someone who is secular in their orientation.

A Christian, if they have the Holy Spirit, will understand.

I don't talk like this to non Christians.

I am talking directly to Christians who have been sorely used and misled.

It is up to God whether or not the scales drop from their eyes.

DeadtoSin
02-03-2008, 01:55 PM
MayTheRon, time and time again you prove yourself ignorant on the subject of religion. Its too bad, because your little rants have incited this forum at times and probably driven away people looking to support Ron Paul who were Christians.

Sometimes I wonder about you, and I occasionally wonder if you aren't trying to sabotage the Ron Paul Revolution by scaring away Christians. Not all Christians want to be moral police, and you need to stop talking about Christians. Let us Christians deal with the Christians, you just talk about your fanciful ideas for Ron Paul's independent run that he will never do.

Go ahead and do that, distract from the Ron Paul Revolution by ranting about his independent run, and at least stop scaring away Christian supporters and distracting me from having to tear apart your arguments.

morerocklesstalk
02-03-2008, 01:55 PM
They have been used, but at their own will and enjoyence.

thexjib
02-03-2008, 01:58 PM
No, that's the amazing part! They changed the rules to make CA a closed primary. :(

In a general election, I bet we could pull massive numbers, especially if there are no other anti-war, anti-illegal candidates.

in the general we would pull massive #'s in ca

akalucas
02-03-2008, 01:58 PM
you know how many people i've heard on radio, tv and on the streets that say Ron Paul comes of as crazy. Thats not a true indicator. Many Christian have lost their way but they can still come around. I'm a Christian and I came around watching the same youtube videos.

Molly1
02-03-2008, 01:59 PM

They are deceived.

Why do you think Jesus says, Forgive them for they know not what they do?

But to the evil leaders, who do know what they are doing, he says, How will you escape being condemned to Hell?

Jesus warns over and over about the dangers of evil leaders, wolves in sheep's clothing. He tells us, You will know them by their fruit! A good tree cannot put forth evil fruit.

ronpaulwinna
02-03-2008, 02:06 PM
All I can say that california is going to a mess on Tuesday. Half the vote are mail in ballots, those went out during the beginning of January. Since then 3 people dropped out who had substantial footholds in California: Hunter, Thompson and the Ghoul. So basically people who voted for those people which are a lot, lost their votes.

Plus since the rules change what the GOP is doing is very amuzing because that was supposed to be a state ballot prop which failed. So basically if we can take liberal districts where there are so few republicans (which is going to be like playing whack a mole) then we can make McCains win into a footnote!!

morerocklesstalk
02-03-2008, 02:11 PM
They are deceived.

Why do you think Jesus says, Forgive them for they know not what they do?

But to the evil leaders, who do know what they are doing, he says, How will you escape being condemned to Hell?

Jesus warns over and over about the dangers of evil leaders, wolves in sheep's clothing. He tells us, You will know them by their fruit! A good tree cannot put forth evil fruit.

Don't get me wrong, I don't really disagree with you. I'm just saying you are dealing with people who believe that Jesus wants them to vote for a neocon. You are going to come across as the bad one, trying to manipulate.

I went to a Christian school so I have some experience with these kind of leaders that you're talking about.What I really noticed is that most evangelical Christians love being in some kind of moral majority. They will not stand being on the fringe, so to speak. I can see easily how the can switch from Huckster to McCain in a heartbeat.

DeadtoSin
02-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Guys, people have been distracting from the Ron Paul Revolution a lot lately. (MayTheRon, I'm looking at you) I'm kind of tired of coming to these forums lately and hearing the rants against Christians. Apparently if the internets are true, I'm a moral policeman who wants to turn America into a theocracy and make everyone be a Christian.

Well, look, we aren't all like that. You guys that rant about Christians have scared away Christian supporters. I know two or three fellow Christians that have been scared away by the actions of a few of the supporters, not necessarily here. Why are you guys doing this? Its almost like you are trying to sabotage Ron Paul's campaign, and insult the very religion that Ron Paul is a part of.

If you are a non-Christian, and you feel that you cannot trust yourself enough to not rant about how stupid Christian people are, don't even think about hitting reply in a topic. Don't talk to that Christian person in real life about Ron Paul.

Maybe if you took the time to explain to these Christian people what a liberty-minded Christian would do in terms of government you could win them over. That'd certainly be a lot better than sitting here on the forums angsting over how the "Christian sheep" have stolen the election.

First of all, I'm kind of wary of us trying to get the federal government to do our job for us. Thats sort of what I feel like we as Christians are really doing in government as of lately. I'm not talking about voting against what you believe, and things like that. Definitely, vote for the candidate that fits your ideals the closest. However, we really push Congress and the Judiciary to enforce our morals.

I have a problem with this. First off, I think we should be careful about the way we go about bringing morality to this nation. Doing it with the iron first of the Federal government is a scary road to turn down. Just think of the abuses the government could get away with if they had not only the power but the moral high ground to do it as well!

Also, consider how non-Christians perceive us. If they are REQUIRED to act in the same fashion as we are, how are we any different from they are? Obviously we know the difference, but a non-Christian person would feel no compulsion to make any commitment, and they'd see no real reason.

It really goes back to the Pharisees and their desire to live a holy life by doing it themselves. Sure, if we had a law against lying, people wouldn't lie. But think about it, does that really make them more holy? Only the desire to live a life like Christ's life and your belief in Him saves you. So when we force our ideals on people, you've got to think, is that man trying to live holy..or is he trying to not get arrested/fined?

In any case, I've been rather unhappy with the Federal government's decisions on social issues. I mean, look at Roe vs. Wade. Do we really want something like THAT case on the books for all the things we hold dear to us as Christians?

We should be shining God's love, not trying to force the Federal govt to do so.

Iwantchange
02-03-2008, 02:17 PM
He's starting to get traction and a lot of it. I hope he runs for Independent! I know he said he wouldn't, but there are a lot of people that would hope to see him make that move. With the traction we're finally getting, the extra time, and the amount of high profile people that would like to see him run. It would be a good move.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 02:22 PM
MayTheRon, time and time again you prove yourself ignorant on the subject of religion. Its too bad, because your little rants have incited this forum at times and probably driven away people looking to support Ron Paul who were Christians.

Sometimes I wonder about you, and I occasionally wonder if you aren't trying to sabotage the Ron Paul Revolution by scaring away Christians. Not all Christians want to be moral police, and you need to stop talking about Christians. Let us Christians deal with the Christians, you just talk about your fanciful ideas for Ron Paul's independent run that he will never do.

Go ahead and do that, distract from the Ron Paul Revolution by ranting about his independent run, and at least stop scaring away Christian supporters and distracting me from having to tear apart your arguments.

First of all, are you honestly going to tell me that Christians don't tend to want to be the moral police of people's lives? How many Christians do you think support Ron's goal of legalizing drugs? Please answer the question honestly.

Second, regarding an independent run, I hope you will apologize to me when he announces and this entire board backs him. What you call a "distraction" is what I call America's last hope for the near future - Ron Paul actually WINNING the White House this year.

Molly1
02-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't really disagree with you. I'm just saying you are dealing with people who believe that Jesus wants them to vote for a neocon. You are going to come across as the bad one, trying to manipulate.

I went to a Christian school so I have some experience with these kind of leaders that you're talking about.What I really noticed is that most evangelical Christians love being in some kind of moral majority. They will not stand being on the fringe, so to speak. I can see easily how the can switch from Huckster to McCain in a heartbeat.

Jesus came across as the 'bad one,' too.

They killed him, remember?

There is nothing new about the purposeful deception of Christians by the few for their own ends. It is exactly what Jesus was railing against in the Bible.

They weren't called Christians in those days; they were simply the masses of people trying to do the right thing and being continually misled by their leaders.

Why do you think Jesus calls them sheep?

Christians need to be told the truth, but only God can open their eyes.

Christians, follow the good shepherd! He is your only leader.

nate895
02-03-2008, 02:26 PM
First of all, are you honestly going to tell me that Christians don't tend to want to be the moral police of people's lives? How many Christians do you think support Ron's goal of legalizing drugs? Please answer the question honestly.

Second, regarding an independent run, I hope you will apologize to me when he announces and this entire board backs him. What you call a "distraction" is what I call America's last hope for the near future - Ron Paul actually WINNING the White House this year.

The only things most of us Christians want is for people to do whatever freaky things you're gonna do in your own home, and not harm anyone or anyone else's property in the process. That includes fetuses.

FSP-Rebel
02-03-2008, 02:27 PM
All I have to say is I hope undecided voters aren't coming here and seeing all this in-fighting. At times, we can be our own worst enemies.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 02:27 PM
The only things most of us Christians want is for people to do whatever freaky things you're gonna do in your own home, and not harm anyone or anyone else's property in the process. That includes fetuses.

Why not answer my question about legalizing drugs?

morerocklesstalk
02-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Jesus came across as the 'bad one,' too.

They killed him, remember?

There is nothing new about the purposeful deception of Christians by the few for their own ends. It is exactly what Jesus was railing against in the Bible.

They weren't called Christians in those days; they were simply the masses of people trying to do the right thing and being continually misled by their leaders.

Christians need to be told the truth, but only God can open their eyes.

But that is a whole different issue than an election, which is what I am focused on especially in California.

morerocklesstalk
02-03-2008, 02:30 PM
All I have to say is I hope undecided voters aren't coming here and seeing all this in-fighting. At times, we can be our own worst enemies.

I agree. We are our own worst enemy. The Republican party is all about exterior and perception (i.e. Arnold).

nate895
02-03-2008, 02:31 PM

I said to do it in your home, preferably in a basement so no child has to see it, and to not get in and drive a car when your too high to figure out the sum of 2 and 2.

Lord Xar
02-03-2008, 02:31 PM
What does religion have to do with California's upswing in support?

RevolutionSD
02-03-2008, 02:32 PM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/8906/roncafebwt4.gif

From the latest Field Poll in CA. Huck is actually down, but Ron's rise has been very steady and clear. The more people learn about Ron, the more they like what they hear. I think Ron's advertising out here is paying off! He's been advertising heavily on Rush, OReilly, and Coast to Coast, just to name a few major radio shows.

The longer we keep this race going, the more people will flock to Ron.

I JUST saw another poll (CNN I think?) that had RP at 11% in CA!
10-11% is HUGE. What was he polling in Maine when he got 19%? Let's equal or BETTER Maine's totals!

nate895
02-03-2008, 02:33 PM
I JUST saw another poll (CNN I think?) that had RP at 11% in CA!
10-11% is HUGE. What was he polling in Maine when he got 19%? Let's equal or BETTER Maine's totals!

Maine's last poll was in November and didn't include Ron Paul, but did have a large 10% other, with 51% undecided.

Molly1
02-03-2008, 02:40 PM
But that is a whole different issue than an election, which is what I am focused on especially in California.

No it's not.

In 1992, the neocons discovered the huge voting block that is now called the 'Christian right.'

They manipulated the leaders of this voting block to persuade the Christians to vote as a group behind one candidate.

How do you think the current administration got into power?

They are doing it again in the form of Huckabee who if anyone would even scratch the surface of this man they would easily see he does not in anyway resemble our Lord, Jesus Christ.

But, the Christian sheep are told to vote for him because he is a "Christian."

This is how deceived they are. The man lies continually.

Ron Paul is the only real Christian running for office. He is the only candidate who has witnessed that Jesus is the prince of Peace, and he is the only one who produces good fruit.

Christians, You will know them by their fruit!

deehrler
02-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Christians, Jews, Muslims are all alike. They are a flock of sheep led by the highest bidder. So forget it.

THINK WHAT IS INSIDE OF YOU! That is what counts.

Am I an atheist? No. But I strongly believe that religions begin with great intentions and get twisted as time goes on. We are on the the latter end of that cycle.

Pray, but pray within.

Lord Xar
02-03-2008, 02:43 PM
No it's not.

In 1992, the neocons discovered the huge voting block that is now called the 'Christian right.'

They manipulated the leaders of this voting block to persuade the Christians to vote as a group behind one candidate.

How do you think the current administration got into power?

They are doing it again in the form of Huckabee who if anyone would even scratch the surface of this man they would easily see he does not in anyway resemble our Lord, Jesus Christ.

But, the Christian sheep are told to vote for him because he is a "Christian."

This is how deceived they are. The man lies continually.

Ron Paul is the only real Christian running for office. He is the only candidate who has witnessed that Jesus is the prince of Peace, and he is the only one who produces good fruit.

Christians, You will know them by their fruit!

CAN WE GET OFF OF THE RELIGIOUS THING.

IF the RELIGIOUS RIGHT IS AS POWERFUL AS YOU SAY and behind HUCKABEE - HE'D BE WINNING.

THE MEDIA and REPUBLICANS have a BETTER AVENUE OF VOTERS -- SHEEPLE!!

HOW ELSE IS McCain winning???

Lord Xar
02-03-2008, 02:44 PM
BTW -- CALL4PAUL has been reaching california voters for weeks now. I wonder if this is one of the reasons (in addition to the great grassroots activity) why in the upswing of Support? Curious.

Molly1
02-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Christians, Jews, Muslims are all alike. They are a flock of sheep led by the highest bidder. So forget it.

THINK WHAT IS INSIDE OF YOU! That is what counts.

Am I an atheist? No. But I strongly believe that religions begin with great intentions and get twisted as time goes on. We are on the the latter end of that cycle.

Pray, but pray within.

Christians are a flock of sheep who should know they have only one leader.

They need to remember this:

10The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

--John 10

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Alright, let's stop the religious talk. I'm not the one who brought it up.

faisal
02-03-2008, 02:53 PM
it's winner take all in Cali...

Molly1
02-03-2008, 02:53 PM
CAN WE GET OFF OF THE RELIGIOUS THING.

IF the RELIGIOUS RIGHT IS AS POWERFUL AS YOU SAY and behind HUCKABEE - HE'D BE WINNING.

THE MEDIA and REPUBLICANS have a BETTER AVENUE OF VOTERS -- SHEEPLE!!

HOW ELSE IS McCain winning???

It is intended that the democrats win this time.

We saw this in the analysis of the time given to each of the candidates by the media bosses.

We see it in the manipulation of local elections by the Republican party neocon bosses.

Huckabee is put there to bleed the votes from other candidates.

But his candidacy is held in check by the occasional revelations from the media of his hypocrisy. Even a blind Christian can understand lies.

There's another issue too: Huckabee is not being touted by all the so called Christian leaders, and that is on purpose.

This is all part of a grand manipulation.

grizzums
02-03-2008, 02:55 PM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/politics/20080203-9999-1n3field.html

Excerpt:

"Trailing are former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee with 13 percent and Rep. Ron Paul of Texas with 10 percent. The margin of error for the Republican race is 4.6 percentage points."

Lord Xar
02-03-2008, 02:57 PM

I believe you are incorrect.

josh24601
02-03-2008, 02:59 PM

No, it's not.

53 precincts, each worth 3 delegates. Win one, get 3. Win two, get 6, etc.

I believe the top vote getter in the state also gets 11 extra, but don't quote me on the last part.

I'm bummed there haven't been any TV commercials (at least that I've seen in LA) but I've heard a ton of radio spots.

We'll see if we can swipe any delegates in a few days!

morerocklesstalk
02-03-2008, 03:06 PM
BTW -- CALL4PAUL has been reaching california voters for weeks now. I wonder if this is one of the reasons (in addition to the great grassroots activity) why in the upswing of Support? Curious.

Anything that helps expose his message in California will help. I really believe that there are many potential Ron Paul supporters there that have just not heard the message. If we really get his message out there, I could easily see him beating Huckabee there.

dougkeenan
02-03-2008, 03:10 PM

Try asking my friend Jini at Christians for Cannabis (http://www.christiansforcannabis.com/).

She's a Christian and opposes the WoD so your generalization is not 100% accurate.

trapfive
02-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Maybe I missed something; when did Dr. Paul say anything about legalizing drugs?

Ending the "war on drugs" is not legalizing drugs. It's simply taking away yet another way for our federal government to run roughshod over the states and waste a tremendous amount of tax revenue doing it. The legality of drugs would become a matter for states to decide, which by the way, would be the constitutional position. Just like abortion, gay marraige and a multitude of other issues, the Constitution of The United States does not give the Federal Government the authority to interfere in these matters.

JMO
02-03-2008, 03:40 PM
IT IS NOT WINNER TAKE ALL IN CA. Not only is it not winner take all in CA but the Republicans are pushing a ballot measure that will split the delegates for the general election.

http://www.slate.com/id/2173740/

nodope0695
02-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Right on!! Way to go over there in my home state!!

Mark
02-03-2008, 03:58 PM

more Rock less talk

Mark
02-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Alright, let's stop the religious talk. I'm not the one who brought it up.

And how about stopping the Christian bashing once and for all?

Did you miss the threads about driving potential Christian voters away?

And, just because someone mentions something it doesn't oblige you to put in your 2 cents worth.

Richandler
02-03-2008, 04:09 PM
We aren't winning CA, we couldn't win Maine. We can, however, do very well here.

Liberty Star
02-03-2008, 04:19 PM
This is better than I was afraid of, nice momentum CA.