PDA

View Full Version : Vote more RP Republicans into Congress & Senate!

mello
02-03-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm 36 & this will be the first time that I'll be voting...ever. After hearing Dr. Paul's message my eyes are open & I'm never closing them. Dr. Paul said that people are supporting him because of the message of freedom, he is only a part of our revolution. And to do my part I am not only going to vote for Dr. Paul for president but I'm going to vote in every presidential, congressional & senate election from now on till the end of my days. And my vote will be going towards a Ron Paul Republican, Ron Paul Independant, or a Constitution Party candidate that will be running.

Here is a list of men & women that are running for congress that believe in Dr. Paul's message of freedom, the Constitution, & limited government:

http://www.paulcongress.com/Candidates.html

If anyone has a list of candidates for the Senate please add it here.

FreeTraveler
02-03-2008, 12:28 PM
You are absolutely correct. However, BE SURE to review a candidate's platform before assuming they're a good vote, even if listed on a pro-paul website. Don't get into the habit of assuming, as Reps and Dems do, that anybody running under a label supports that label's platform.

AlexMerced
02-03-2008, 12:30 PM
I got website to help fund this effort http://www.LibertyWarChest.com

please sign up and spread the word, the first fundraiser is on valentines day, spread the word

mello
02-03-2008, 12:36 PM
You are absolutely correct. However, BE SURE to review a candidate's platform before assuming they're a good vote, even if listed on a pro-paul website. Don't get into the habit of assuming, as Reps and Dems do, that anybody running under a label supports that label's platform.

Did that. I checked out the Wisconsin candidate Dave Redick. Here is some of what he says on his website:

1. End dependence on government for personal and business favors and hand-outs (grants, welfare, legislative favors, subsidies, price controls, etc.),

2. End voting to take 'other peoples' money and rights ('the rich', or anyone else) to pay for your benefits, and projects (education, health, down-zoning without compensation, housing, mass-transit, etc.), and

3. End worldwide domination for Empire-USA; a. End being the world's policeman and boss, which in fact reduces our security and liberty at home, and b. End starting or entering wars for economic and political gain, not for defense.

Even religious leaders, the supposed bastions of ethics, have succumbed to immoral conduct as shown by the recent scandals. The lesson learned in all this is: 'Corruption tends to occur whenever you have an excess concentration of money and authority', whether government, church, or business. Hence Dave's emphasis on; 1. Small, distributed government to minimize the abuse, and 2. Real money (convertible to gold; not the unlimited supply of fake paper money that now finances our wars and welfare).

AlexMerced
02-03-2008, 12:37 PM
http://www.libertywarchest.com

Cyclone
02-03-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm 36 & this will be the first time that I'll be voting...ever. After hearing Dr. Paul's message my eyes are open & I'm never closing them. Dr. Paul said that people are supporting him because of the message of freedom, he is only a part of our revolution. And to do my part I am not only going to vote for Dr. Paul for president but I'm going to vote in every presidential, congressional & senate election from now on till the end of my days. And my vote will be going towards a Ron Paul Republican, Ron Paul Independant, or a Constitution Party candidate that will be running.

Here is a list of men & women that are running for congress that believe in Dr. Paul's message of freedom, the Constitution, & limited government:

http://www.paulcongress.com/Candidates.html

If anyone has a list of candidates for the Senate please add it here.

So far in my reading of them, a majority of them are nothing like Ron Paul, they still want large government although they are pretending they do not. One of them is even asking for a progressive flat sales tax - talk about bringing the economy to a halt.

I suspect a lot of these folks will call themselves followers of Ron Paul's positions, however, without the understanding of Austrian Economics they are simply fools entering a fools errand.

Most of the Libertarians look ok, so far, but I don't know much about their past to know if they are true Libertarians.

You must be forever diligent and not trust any "list" that someone else has created.

mello
02-03-2008, 12:53 PM
So far in my reading of them, a majority of them are nothing like Ron Paul, they still want large government although they are pretending they do not. One of them is even asking for a progressive flat sales tax - talk about bringing the economy to a halt.

I suspect a lot of these folks will call themselves followers of Ron Paul's positions, however, without the understanding of Austrian Economics they are simply fools entering a fools errand.

Most of the Libertarians look ok, so far, but I don't know much about their past to know if they are true Libertarians.

You must be forever diligent and not trust any "list" that someone else has created.

Good point! I only checked the one from my state who seems like he's on the same page as Dr. Paul.

farmingtim
02-03-2008, 08:00 PM
I wonder how one *pretends* to want small govt. on a website? Has Co-Intell Pro gotten to the forums?

The great majority have been long time Ron Paul supporters, involved in Meetups and have a history on the internet that can be checked.

I know it's my website, but I do encourage everyone to check them out, not just trust my "List". I remove candidates that can be proven to be insincere or liars. And I expect visitors to think for themselves. Just saying.... And Please do support www.libertywarchest.com.