PDA

View Full Version : My greatest fear that will prevent a Ron Paul nomination

jupiter
02-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Given that the Republican candidate is selected via delegates, and assuming that Ron Paul has a lot more support amongst delegates than is evident with the popular vote at-large, I am particularly concerned about the following scenario:

If there were a good chance that Ron Paul might win, another "terrorist attack" will occur shortly before the RNC national convention. This would immediately precipitate a massive inclination towards the pro-war candidates.

RonPaulMania
02-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Our bigger worry has already happened, the MSM blackening his name at every mention and otherwise ignoring him. He should have won Louisiana, but why o why do you think they have fought so hard against him winning? Because the MSM would have to announce him as a winner.

Trust me, our fight is in the media, not in attacks.

Change
02-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Given that the Republican candidate is selected via delegates, and assuming that Ron Paul has a lot more support amongst delegates than is evident with the popular vote at-large, I am particularly concerned about the following scenario:

If there were a good chance that Ron Paul might win, another "terrorist attack" will occur shortly before the RNC national convention. This would immediately precipitate a massive inclination towards the pro-war candidates.

Foreign policy is not based in one attack, but in an overall concept of what to do, when to do it, and how to do it, and who approves it and most of all on the evidence of who attacked you.

If an attack comes, it is the responsibility of the current adminstration to have the proper intel and proper procedures in place to go foward with the Country behind him.

I suggest you rent the move The Queen, where the foes of England at the time (Spain) plotted to mislead England to think that the Queen of Spain, the cousin of the Queen of England was plotting to Kill her. The Queen of England survive the attack, there were no bullets in the gun, but a person to who the Queen of England relied upon told her that he had note intercepted that the Queen of Spain had wrote instructing the killing plot, the Queen of England ordered the Queen of Spain to be beheaded. After that Spain had the motivation to go to WAR with England...but the thing is the trusted assistant to the Queen of England realized that he was played the fool and note intercepts were fake.

IcyPeaceMaker
02-03-2008, 02:04 PM
If there is an attack, bet the farm it's false flag.

Elliott
02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
If there is an attack, bet the farm it's false flag.

Yep. Almost 100%. It would be completely counterproductive for anyone, especially a middle-eastern islamist, to attack prior to this election. That is, unless they WANT the US to have a warmonger president. A major terrorist attack would almost certainly hand the election to John McCain.

RSLudlum
02-03-2008, 02:15 PM
My 2cents:

By the media blacking out the only candidate that supports less American intrusion in the middle east/rest of world, this emboldens american resentment bc. those that would likely attack us see that the American public truely believes in American dominatioin in the world! :mad:

Johnny Crab
02-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Never say what you plan.

evadmurd
02-03-2008, 04:42 PM
My greatest fear is that a free press, the very thing espoused that is needed to maintain a free a just society, colludes with an ever expanding and tyrannical government to steal a presidential election from the very people both are obligated to the protect. It will be a very unfortunate and sad day when that occurs which will lead to real revolution in the streets, perhaps not immediately, but it will come.

Oh wait! It already has. This is not a bad dream. It is happening before our very eyes. It is real. God help us all.

Johnny Crab
02-03-2008, 05:21 PM
My greatest fear is that a free press, the very thing espoused that is needed to maintain a free a just society, colludes with an ever expanding and tyrannical government to steal a presidential election from the very people both are obligated to the protect. It will be a very unfortunate and sad day when that occurs which will lead to real revolution in the streets, perhaps not immediately, but it will come.

Oh wait! It already has. This is not a bad dream. It is happening before our very eyes. It is real. God help us all.Bingo.

Mystile
02-03-2008, 05:23 PM
I've always wondered why approval ratings and popularity skyrocket during big f*ck-ups like the Iran Hostage Crisis or 9/11. Wouldn't you be less inclined to support this person if they let something like that happen?

Naraku
02-03-2008, 07:20 PM
My greatest fear is a "crazed Truther" assassinates him. I think really that should be our greatest fear as concerns Ron Paul.

Margo37
02-03-2008, 07:30 PM
My greatest fear is a "crazed Truther" assassinates him. I think really that should be our greatest fear as concerns Ron Paul.

Doubt it would be a "crazed Truther" though.
Fear is something happens and elections are forfeited or "postponed" for "National Security"