PDA

View Full Version : Who is Dr. Paul's Speechwritter??

wfd40
02-03-2008, 12:10 PM
SSIA... Kennedy & Reagan, the two SUPER-SYMBOLS of their respective parties had some of the best.. so does Obama now. As Frank Rich put its:

How did the fairy-tale prince from Camelot vanquish a field of heavyweights led by the longtime liberal warrior Hubert Humphrey? It wasn’t ideas. It certainly wasn’t experience. It wasn’t even the charisma that Kennedy would show off in that fall’s televised duels with Richard Nixon.

Looking back almost 30 years later, Mr. Goodwin summed it up this way: “He had to touch the secret fears and ambivalent longings of the American heart, divine and speak to the desires of a swiftly changing nation — his message grounded on his own intuition of some vague and spreading desire for national renewal.”

In other words, Kennedy needed two things. He needed poetry, and he needed a country with some desire, however vague, for change.

Mr. Goodwin and his fellow speechwriter Ted Sorensen helped with the poetry.

RP's message has a little bit of poetry as well which is why I think Dr. Paul should deliver some more "Speeches".. you know, those things that are written before hand and delivered word for word via a teleprompter.

I've (and a lot of other supporters) have been BEGGING for this for some time now... enough is enough.. DELIVER THE SPEECH DR. PAUL

mysticgeek
02-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I dunno... he seems to handle it himself fairly well IMHO. It is part of his character. He just starts going off! I love it! If he had to deliver specific speeches that aren't his words... i guess I am not sure how that would pan out. I say keep it original ... but what do I know? LOL!

WRellim
02-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Sorry, there is NO speechwriter.

Just like there is NO Public or Media Relations person or staff.

ZIP, zilch, nada.

Staynsane
02-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Who needs a speechwriter when you tell the truth all the time? You just speak your mind, and apparently he is reaching many.

AlexMerced
02-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Ron Paul doesn't do speeches, he just kinda speaks the truth, I think it works better. I don't know anyone who's actually heard him talk and wasn't sold.

All the detractors are those who avoid listening to him speak.

wfd40
02-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Ron Paul doesn't do speeches, he just kinda speaks the truth, I think it works better. I don't know anyone who's actually heard him talk and wasn't sold.

All the detractors are those who avoid listening to him speak.

meh, I disagree big time.. He will still have plenty of opportunities to speak off the cuff, but lets not delude or kid ourselves...

Speeches stand the test of time.. speeches move the masses.. speeches change the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjXyqcx-mYY

AlexMerced
02-03-2008, 12:32 PM
ron paul has done speeches, he's done the same speech for 30 years, that's why it flows so naturally from him

kyleAF
02-03-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't know anyone who's actually heard him talk and wasn't sold.

The rest of Congress for the past 30 years...?

Staynsane
02-03-2008, 10:54 PM
The rest of Congress for the past 30 years...?

Point taken.. love to hear him talk, maybe the problem is getting people to actually LISTEN to what he says