PDA

View Full Version : This may be the rule that gives us majority in Louisiana

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 12:05 PM
I want everyone's interpretation of the following rules in regards to the state LAGOP changing the qualifying dates for state delegates at the last minute:

http://www.gop.com/About/Rules11-20.htm

e) Certification and filing by state committees.

(1) On or before the first Tuesday in September of the year before the year in which the national convention is to be held, each Republican state committee shall adopt rules, procedures, policies, and instructive materials (prepared pursuant to Rule No. 14(a)) governing the selection of delegates and alternate delegates to the national convention to convene during the following year and shall certify and file with the secretary of the Republican National Committee true copies of the same and of all statutes governing the selection of such delegates and alternate delegates.

<if the rules had to be set by that time, one would assume that there are no provisions for changing those rules without special permission from the RNC.
The last minute rule change is illegal under RNC rules and under their Enforcement of rules would decree that louisiana could loose all its national delegates if they don't comply>

Did I read this wrong?

yongrel
02-03-2008, 12:06 PM
wow

hillertexas
02-03-2008, 12:07 PM
"Did I read this wrong?"

No...I think that is exactly what it says.

TexMac
02-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Looks like a good angle to argue to me.

constituent
02-03-2008, 12:09 PM
what's the text of 14(a)?

Chester Copperpot
I want everyone's interpretation of the following rules in regards to the state LAGOP changing the qualifying dates for state delegates at the last minute:

(1) On or before the first Tuesday in September of the year before the year in which the national convention is to be held, each Republican state committee shall adopt rules, procedures, policies, and instructive materials (prepared pursuant to Rule No. 14(a)) governing the selection of delegates and alternate delegates to the national convention to convene during the following year and shall certify and file with the secretary of the Republican National Committee true copies of the same and of all statutes governing the selection of such delegates and alternate delegates.

<if the rules had to be set by that time, one would assume that there are no provisions for changing those rules without special permission from the RNC.
The last minute rule change is illegal under RNC rules and under their Enforcement of rules would decree that louisiana could loose all its national delegates if they don't comply>

Did I read this wrong?

Torchie,

Your analysis seems correct to me. Basically their rules had to be set by the first Tuesday in September 2007.

Seems like more dirty tricks. Damn these bastards to hell.

pacelli

Did I read this wrong?

No, I think you read that correctly. Wasn't the decision made in January to count those registered prior to Nov 1?

MsDoodahs
02-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Reads to me as if the LAGOP went totally outside of the rules.

constitutional
02-03-2008, 12:10 PM

Did I read this wrong?

I think they would gladly loose the national delegates if RP wins as the error is correct.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 12:11 PM
what's the text of 14(a)?

Another rule they didn't follow, that one would disqualify the entire process.

Chester Copperpot
02-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Im not exactly sure of the entire situation in Louisiana.. All Ive heard is something along the lines that they didnt count certain provisional ballots or OUR people werent properly registered or something??

What exactly is the situation down there?

RJB
I bet they'd rather lose their delegates.

virginiakid
GO get'em.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 12:13 PM
No, I think you read that correctly. Wasn't the decision made in January to count those registered prior to Nov 1?

Yes, that was another last minute rule change....

But the delegate one is huge,
The state GOP would either have to disqualify the late delegates, which are all non-ron paul delegates and would give us majority.. or they'd loose their delegates to the national convention.

Question is... how and who do you file this indictment?

noztnac
02-03-2008, 12:15 PM
They know they lost but if they can hold until Super Tuesday they will have accomplished their goal.

mavtek
02-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Just so everyone knows, if one doesn't win it's lose if a bolt isn't tightened it's loose.

Thank you.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 12:20 PM
If I'm misspelling, I'm blaming it on this raging migraine I'm squinting through to get this info out...
But i do need legal advice on where to take this indictment, I will do the leg work if someone can point me in the appropriate direct.

j0ew00ds
02-03-2008, 12:23 PM
I have a question here. If they only need to submit rules to National how the national delegates are selected, and those rules say something like, "the state convention votes blah blah blah" and doesn't mentioned how the state delegates are chosen, have they actually not broken these rules?
To say it another way, maybe they've broken no national rules since those only need to say how the national delegates are chosen within the state convention.

muh_roads
02-03-2008, 12:24 PM
So this was planned from the beginning. When it was discovered that Paul may have the most delegates, a few covert members at the National GOP asked the LA-GOP in secret to F with the rules so LA's delegates are excluded.

Makes perfect sense to me. Damn the elite. Damn the establishment. They are not stupid, they are ruthless.

WilliamC
02-03-2008, 12:26 PM
I think they would gladly loose the national delegates if RP wins as the error is correct.

Yes but would the people of Louisiana be happy about this?

I doubt it.

My understanding is that the Ron Paul Campaign is thinking of a lawsuit over this, maybe this rule is their main reason.

We need some wins somewhere.

Sandra
02-03-2008, 12:28 PM
There are so many rules the LA GOP has violated it's ridiculous!

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 12:28 PM
I have a question here. If they only need to submit rules to National how the national delegates are selected, and those rules say something like, "the state convention votes blah blah blah" and doesn't mentioned how the state delegates are chosen, have they actually not broken these rules?
To say it another way, maybe they've broken no national rules since those only need to say how the national delegates are chosen within the state convention.

Yeh, but they'd have to set the dates for the entire process. The caucus date. The call for caucus. The qualifying date for delegates. etc.
Remember state delegates ultimately become national delegates through the caucus.
That is why those dates are set.
Read 14a onward

Crickett
02-03-2008, 12:29 PM

And the USA, too..

garrettwombat
02-03-2008, 12:30 PM
holy cow.

Sandra
02-03-2008, 12:33 PM
In mid December the LAGOP discovered that Ron Paul was getting way ahead. From that point on thay started changing things that should have been in place the first Tuesday in September. From mid December plans were being made to throw the delegates should an inevitable challenge arise.

Elle
02-03-2008, 12:35 PM
If you live in Louisiana contact the ACLU they may be able to help.

main page http://www.aclu.org/

state page http://www.laaclu.org/

http://www.aclu.org/votingrights/gen/33828prs20080128.html

louisiana4liberty
02-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Sounds like you need a copy of what was filed. Then file a complaint based upon your findings.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Sounds like you need a copy of what was filed. Then file a complaint based upon your findings.

RULE NO. 14
Participation
(a) The Republican National Committee shall assist the states in their efforts to inform all citizens as to how they may participate in delegate selection procedures. The states, in cooperation with the Republican National Committee, shall prepare instructive material on delegate selection methods and make it available for distribution.

(

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 12:39 PM
How do I compel the RNC to hand over the information filed by the LAGOP in September?

Elle
02-03-2008, 12:41 PM
Get the American Civil Liberties Union involved. They will make sure that they follow the rules from September.

TexMac
02-03-2008, 12:42 PM
How do I compel the RNC to hand over the information filed by the LAGOP in September?

You need a lawyer, NOW.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Get the American Civil Liberties Union involved. They will make sure that they follow the rules from September.

IS this a civil rights issue? Or an internal GOP issue?
If people are disenfranchised through fraud and deception, that looks like civils damages and possible criminal fraud.

Chester Copperpot
02-03-2008, 12:44 PM

Maybe you should contact the official RP campaign and see if theyre working on it, or pass the information on to them so they can handle it?

Im sure they know what to do and where to go to with it.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 12:44 PM
You need a lawyer, NOW.

I was about to call my attorney, then I remembered, its Mardi Gras.

Elle
02-03-2008, 12:45 PM
The ACLU will help in any type of election fraud. http://www.aclu.org/votingrights/gen/33828prs20080128.html

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Maybe you should contact the official RP campaign and see if theyre working on it, or pass the information on to them so they can handle it?

Im sure they know what to do and where to go to with it.

Official campaign people get weird around me, almost as if they felt their jobs were threatened by my very presence.
Maybe Jenninlouisiana has better luck talking with those folks. I tend to intimidate people who are trying to secure positions of power within a political strucure. not sure why....

louisiana4liberty
Express your concern to an attorney. Hopefully there is a pro-RP attorney that will work for free. A judge can issue a subpoena to get them to hand it over.

ecliptic
The ACLU will help in any type of election fraud. http://www.aclu.org/votingrights/gen/33828prs20080128.html

I'm sensing a little too much blind faith in this organization. I've seen plenty of claims that they are compromised from within.

TexMac
02-03-2008, 12:48 PM
I was about to call my attorney, then I remembered, its Mardi Gras.

I had a lawyer friend in NY read this thread and he says you need a lawyer to challenge this in civil court. If the campaign will do it, fine. If they aren't responsive, you need to consult an attorney yourselves and see if you have standing to challenge the LAGOP.

Jim_Karr
02-03-2008, 12:48 PM
IS this a civil rights issue? Or an internal GOP issue?
If people are disenfranchised through fraud and deception, that looks like civils damages and possible criminal fraud.

We need to get someone on this tomorro and get it settled. The election is being stole and not a thing about it getting done.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Express your concern to an attorney. Hopefully there is a pro-RP attorney that will work for free. A judge can issue a subpoena to get them to hand it over.

We also need a copy of the state GOP by-laws on caucus and state convention. That is no where to be found...

louisiana4liberty
02-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Official campaign people get weird around me, almost as if they felt their jobs were threatened by my very presence.
Maybe Jenninlouisiana has better luck talking with those folks. I tend to intimidate people who are trying to secure positions of power within a political strucure. not sure why....

Seriously, you do not need the campaign to file a complaint. Sometimes it is better to have complaints being filed from different groups. If there is a basis for a lawsuit then we could even seek class-action status. Maybe the LA Republican party will back down if we have a strong enough argument

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 12:51 PM
I had a lawyer friend in NY read this thread and he says you need a lawyer to challenge this in civil court. If the campaign will do it, fine. If they aren't responsive, you need to consult an attorney yourselves and see if you have standing to challenge the LAGOP.

State or federal court?
I need to know which lawyer to get... plus.. if its federal, i will need money to hire the guy i know.. he's tops in the region...

TexMac
02-03-2008, 12:52 PM
We also need a copy of the state GOP by-laws on caucus and state convention. That is no where to be found...

You need an attorney to force the issue and compel them to turn it over.

Alawn

If you are a delegate who didn't get elected because of the rule change then you have standing for sure.

Bradley in DC
Rather than the ACLU (bad PR problem for us) try the Institute for Justice. I don't think they'll get involved directly, but they have a great network. I'll send a link to this thread to some friends privately.

TexMac
02-03-2008, 12:53 PM
State or federal court?
I need to know which lawyer to get... plus.. if its federal, i will need money to hire the guy i know.. he's tops in the region...Your attorney should know how to best proceed.

TexMac
02-03-2008, 12:54 PM
State or federal court?
I need to know which lawyer to get... plus.. if its federal, i will need money to hire the guy i know.. he's tops in the region...Call your top guy and get a consult. He will know if he's the right guy or not and if not ask for a referral.

Elle
02-03-2008, 12:55 PM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/

Bruce Fein is who you need to contact about this.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 12:56 PM
If you are a delegate who didn't get elected because of the rule change then you have standing for sure.

Actually, that would qualify me too in the lawsuit... I didn't even think about that...

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Rather than the ACLU (bad PR problem for us) try the Institute for Justice. I don't think they'll get involved directly, but they have a great network. I'll send a link to this thread to some friends privately.

That would be awesome!!!!!!!! Keep me updated on that angle!
I don't want to take credit for finding this law... I had help from pepperpete1, she sent me some things through om, i dug around... and found this jewel.

louisiana4liberty
02-03-2008, 12:59 PM
torchbearer, your questions indicate you're in over your head in this matter. Please consult an attorney. ASAP Time is not on our side.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Ok, well I need to organize all this info into a easy to understand letter to send to my attorneys.
Right now, I'm dying from a migraine so bad I can't barely think...
If others could assist that would be great to have this put together today..
If not, i can do it tomorrow if I seeing straight again.

TexMac
02-03-2008, 01:00 PM
That would be awesome!!!!!!!! Keep me updated on that angle!
I don't want to take credit for finding this law... I had help from pepperpete1, he sent me some things through om, i dug around... and found this jewel.

You need someone licensed by the Louisiana bar. Just call the best guy you know in LA and take their advice.

Danny Molina
02-03-2008, 01:01 PM
I supposed we'll start a chipin to cover legal fees for whoever gets involved.

louisiana4liberty
02-03-2008, 01:01 PM
http://www.ij.org/potentialcase/index.html

Potential case page for Inst. for Justice. Torch, please state your case.

Nevermind....They will not take case. "There are many areas in which we do not litigate. Specifically, we do NOT represent individuals in:

1. Criminal cases and petitions for writ of habeas corpus
2. Police and prisoner brutality claims;
3. Family law, divorce, maintenance or custody issues,
4. Disputes with social services agencies;
5. Employment law or harassment claims;
6. Homeowners Association claims or
7. Any suit in which both parties are private individuals or businesses. (The government is one of the parties in all our lawsuits.) "

They may give you a referral.

Triton
02-03-2008, 01:02 PM
The last minute rule change is illegal under RNC rules and under their Enforcement of rules would decree that louisiana could loose all its national delegates if they don't comply...

Did I read this wrong?No, but gaining the delegates for someone else probably wasn't part of the plan. My opinion is, the motive was to prevent RP from getting the delegates.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-03-2008, 01:02 PM
I bet they'd rather lose their delegates.

And that will be reported as having nothing to do with Paul, even though it all has everything to do with Paul.

It's a tough road when the media and the party are both pulling every trick they can.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 01:03 PM
torchbearer, your questions indicate you're in over your head in this matter. Please consult an attorney. ASAP Time is not on our side.

I agree, but you guys can help me organize this together... I can't focus at this very moment due to pain.
Also- you never know if there is an attorney lurking on the board that would be a pal and help me get this going asap.

I'm willing to go the distance...

TexMac
Ok, well I need to organize all this info into a easy to understand letter to send to my attorneys.
Right now, I'm dying from a migraine so bad I can't barely think...
If others could assist that would be great to have this put together today..
If not, i can do it tomorrow if I seeing straight again.

Don't send a letter. A group of you need to walk into his office tomorrow. Just take all your papers with you and TELL the lawyer what happened. He can assemble the documentation.

ecliptic
You need someone licensed by the Louisiana bar. Just call the best guy you know in LA and take their advice.

Disagree. Choose very very carefully. Almost all lawyers are phonies who represent the interests of the courts BEFORE the interests of their clients. Most lawyers are all too willing to disregard the Constitution as that causes "friction" with today's crooked judges and crooked bars. Our legal system is completely and utterly broken.

• Holodeck Law (http://www.ejfi.org/Courts/Courts-5.htm)

• Judges Being Secretly Trained To Resist Arguments Based on Constitution (http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/tagh.html)

jrich4rpaul
02-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Does the campaign know about this?

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 01:06 PM

The earliest I will be able to contact my main guy is wednesday, and I can't garuntee he'll be recovered from the decadence of mardi gras. See... he lives in the french quarter.

There is another attorney that is a former Federal magistrate, but i'm not sure he will give me a free consult... then again, an email to him wouldn't be a consult.
He owes me a small favor...

TexMac
Actually, that would qualify me too in the lawsuit... I didn't even think about that...

My lawyer friend says, "Any of the delegates would have standing."

Mark
ALSO a potentially VERY important stipulation is that

NO member of the Republican National Committee from the state shall be permitted to serve as a delegate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RULE NO. 15
Election of Delegates and Alternate Delegates

(1) On or before the first Tuesday in September of the year before the year in which the national convention is to be held,
each Republican state committee shall adopt rules, procedures, policies, and instructive materials (prepared pursuant to Rule No. 14(a))
governing the selection of delegates and alternate delegates to the national convention to convene during the following year
and shall certify and file with the secretary of the Republican National Committee true copies of the same
and of all statutes governing the selection of such delegates and alternate delegates.

RULE NO. 14
Participation

(a) The Republican National Committee shall assist the states in their efforts to inform all citizens as to how they may participate in delegate selection procedures.
The states, in cooperation with the Republican National Committee, shall prepare instructive material on delegate selection methods and make it available for distribution.

RULE NO. 16
Enforcement of Rules

If a state or state party is determined to be in violation:

(1) No member of the Republican National Committee from the offending state
shall be permitted to serve as a delegate or alternate delegate to the national convention.

(2) After the Republican National Committee members are excluded from being part of the offending state’s delegation to the national convention,
the state party shall determine which of the state’s remaining delegates (and corresponding alternate delegates)
are entitled to serve as part of the state’s reduced delegation to the national convention.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHORT answer:

On or before the first Tuesday in September,
each Republican state committee shall adopt rules, procedures, policies, and instructive materials,

inform all citizens as to how they may participate, make it available for distribution,

and shall certify and file with the secretary of the Republican National Committee true copies of the same.

If a state or state party is determined to be in violation,

no member of the Republican National Committee from the offending state shall be permitted to serve
as a delegate or alternate delegate to the national convention.

The state party shall determine which of the state’s remaining delegates and alternate delegates are entitled to serve
as part of the state’s delegation.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Don't send a letter. A group of you need to walk into his office tomorrow. Just take all your papers with you and TELL the lawyer what happened. He can assemble the documentation.

No law office will be open in Louisiana until wednesday at the earliest.

TexMac
02-03-2008, 01:11 PM

See if you can get a phone consultation to get the ball rolling.

endwellmom4RON
02-03-2008, 01:11 PM
I am an attorney and I am willing to help. Unfortunately, I am in NY and I'm a criminal defense attorney. It's been quite awhile since I touched on anything outside of the realm of criminal defense and I am not sure how much help I would be in this fight.

billjarrett
02-03-2008, 01:12 PM

Have you contacted campaign yet? With Dr Pauls comments on MTV yesterday, they may already be aware of it and have lawyers hired. Not that I put alot of faith in HQ, but you may be able to get more info there. Maybe it's already being worked on.

pappy
If we contest the process is there a chance that the whole delegation would be disqualified? while fighting to get a majority of delegates could we go from having a few delegates to having none (if a decision was made to throw out the whole process)?

damn the LAGOP. they could have us over a barrel. If we can't win you won't win type thing.

tough choice

pappy

mokkan88
I don't know if it's worth getting into. Perhaps the reason the OC hasn't taken a stronger hand in overturning the results is because ALL of the delegates could be taken away from EVERYONE.

affa
02-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Definitely read to me as an escape clause for them to lose all delegates at the last moment if need be. any lawsuit should take this into account and show the corruption with intent - that is, the ruling should not be to follow that rule and lose all delegates, but instead to punish those involved in the corruption and legally include Ron Paul's delegates. If possible.

ryvin1
02-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Torchbearer you are my hero, even if this doesn't work, you efforts are inspiring. You fight the good fight, keep it up. I don't live in LA but I've donated to your campaign for all your efforts for Ron Paul its more effective then other chip-ins to promote freedom and Ron Paul support.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 01:14 PM
ALSO a potentially VERY important stipulation is that

NO member of the Republican National Committee from the state shall be permitted to serve as a delegate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RULE NO. 15

(1) On or before the first Tuesday in September of the year before the year in which the national convention is to be held,
each Republican state committee shall adopt rules, procedures, policies, and instructive materials (prepared pursuant to Rule No. 14(a))
governing the selection of delegates and alternate delegates to the national convention to convene during the following year
and shall certify and file with the secretary of the Republican National Committee true copies of the same
and of all statutes governing the selection of such delegates and alternate delegates.

RULE NO. 14
Participation

(a) The Republican National Committee shall assist the states in their efforts to inform all citizens as to how they may participate in delegate selection procedures.
The states, in cooperation with the Republican National Committee, shall prepare instructive material on delegate selection methods and make it available for distribution.

RULE NO. 16
Enforcement of Rules

shall be permitted to serve as a delegate or alternate delegate to the national convention.

(2) After the Republican National Committee members are excluded from being part of the offending state’s delegation to the national convention,
the state party shall determine which of the state’s remaining delegates (and corresponding alternate delegates)
are entitled to serve as part of the state’s reduced delegation to the national convention.

SHORT answer:

each Republican state committee shall adopt rules, procedures, policies, and instructive materials,

inform all citizens as to how they may participate, make it available for distribution,

and shall certify and file with the secretary of the Republican National Committee true copies of the same.

no member of the Republican National Committee from the offending state shall be permitted to serve

The state party shall determine which of the state’s remaining delegates and alternate delegates are entitled to serve

Easy to read. thanks!
Now I just need to compile a list of all the wrongs I'm accusing the LAGOP of doing..

1. changing the dates of delegate qualification at the last minute when RNC rules declare they must be set in Sept.
2. not notify the citizens of how to participate
3. Having a voter list up to Nov 1 at a caucus whose rules stated you had to registered by Nov 30th. They knew via the SOS that there was a huge influx of republican in November, why would they not have a list up to november 30th if it wasnt to disenfranchise.
4.Automatic Delegates running on the ballot.

any others I'm missing?

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 01:15 PM
What I need: The LAGOP filing with the RNC regarding its caucus selection process in September.
Also- official copy of LAGOP party by-laws regarding the elections of state delegates.

louisiana4liberty
02-03-2008, 01:16 PM
If we contest the process is there a chance that the whole delegation would be disqualified? while fighting to get a majority of delegates could we go from having a few delegates to having none (if a decision was made to throw out the whole process)?

damn the LAGOP. they could have us over a barrel. If we can't win you won't win type thing.

tough choice

pappy

Hmmm...I was thinking the same thing, but the media cry and other publicity might give us a future net benefit in the other states while actually hurting the pro-life/pro-family and other candidate platforms.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Have you contacted campaign yet? With Dr Pauls comments on MTV yesterday, they may already be aware of it and have lawyers hired. Not that I put alot of faith in HQ, but you may be able to get more info there. Maybe it's already being worked on.

I've asked, I get no response. nada.
We didn't win Louisiana waiting around for HQ to do something.. and we aren't about to start waiting for them now.

lynnf
02-03-2008, 01:18 PM

torchbearer,

do you know someone that was a delegate at the state convention in, say 2006 - they should have produced the rules and should have distributed a copy of them to the delegates. if not done that way, maybe you could get them from an SREC (state republican executive committee) member that represents your area. that is another name for board of directors, and LA may call it something else. couldn't find them on the LAGOP website - (it said "coming soon", presumably due to the recent election).

also, Zomig or Imitrex are good for some people's migraines. Don't make you normal but they do take care of the pain. Need a prescription for them, don't take a chance that you'll be out from migraine on election day!

lynn

billjarrett
02-03-2008, 01:20 PM
I found this (somewhat unrelated, but in our favor I guess).. It looks like LA is pretty rough on voter fraud:

http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/news/2007/dec/15/court-upholds-sentence-ferriday-woman/

If filling out an absentee ballot for someone else is worth 5 years hard labor in LA, what is the punishment for whats going on there now? :rolleyes:

Also, dunno if this has been talked about or is of interest:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/175/ron-paul-campaign-files-caucus-challenge-with-louisiana-gop

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 01:23 PM
I found this (somewhat unrelated, but in our favor I guess).. It looks like LA is pretty rough on voter fraud:

http://www.natchezdemocrat.com/news/2007/dec/15/court-upholds-sentence-ferriday-woman/

If filling out an absentee ballot for someone else is worth 5 years hard labor in LA, what is the punishment for whats going on there now? :rolleyes:

To note on those cases... its always the lil' man who ends up in prison, not the power players who plan the voting fraud.
They always have people inbetween...

Do you really want to know how corrupt our system works here??? How many votes are bought and how the people who are benefiting from it the most could not even be touched?
I could write 10 pages on what i've seen first hand in my run for state rep in 2003.
This state is baaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 01:26 PM
I am an attorney and I am willing to help. Unfortunately, I am in NY and I'm a criminal defense attorney. It's been quite awhile since I touched on anything outside of the realm of criminal defense and I am not sure how much help I would be in this fight.

You may be able to help in some ways... pm me your email so we can stay in touch.

nc4rp
02-03-2008, 01:27 PM

bump

Mark
02-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Definitely read to me as an escape clause for them to lose all delegates

show the corruption with intent - that is, the ruling should not be to follow that rule and lose all delegates,

but instead to punish those involved in the corruption and legally include Ron Paul's delegates. If possible.

Only 90% would be lost, and none of the delegates could be Republican National Committee LA GOP Party INSIDERS.

--------------------------

(2) If a state or state party violates the Rules of the Republican Party relating to the timing of the selection process
resulting in the election of delegates or alternate delegates to the national convention
after the call to the national convention is issued,
then the number of delegates to the national convention from that state shall be reduced by ninety percent (90%),
and the corresponding alternate delegates shall also be reduced.

--------------------

In Short:

state party violates the Rules after the call - delegates reduced by 90% - No LA Republican National Committee members as delegates

freedom-maniac
02-03-2008, 01:31 PM

It's time to give LA what it deserves...3 more years of this:

http://www.mifdi.8m.com/fema_seal.gif

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 01:40 PM
I sent this email:

I've been robbed of a state alternate delegate spot, along with many other people because of some fishy/ fraud like activity conducted by the LAGOP.

Here is kind of my layman's summary of the institutional laws i'm looking at... what my grievances are... and info i'd need to prove my case.

If you don't handle these kinds of cases.. could you refer me to someone who can...

from RNC rules: http://www.gop.com/About/Rules11-20.htm

RULE NO. 14
Participation

RULE NO. 15

RULE NO. 16
Enforcement of Rules

SHORT answer:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My grievances that can be proven:

1. The LAGOP changed the dates of delegate qualification at the last minute to allow for more opposition delegates to be added once they saw our huge slate of candidates when RNC rules declare they must be set in Sept.
2. They did not notify the citizens of how to participate
3. Having a voter list up to Nov 1 at a caucus whose rules stated you had to registered by Nov 30th. They knew via the SOS that there was a huge influx of republican in November, why would they not have a list up to november 30th if it wasnt to disenfranchise.
4.Automatic Delegates running as unelected delegates on the ballots to keep spots away from other delegates.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I need to prove my case:

What I need: The LAGOP filing with the RNC regarding its caucus selection process in September.
Also- official copy of LAGOP party by-laws regarding the elections of state delegates.

To my friend at this law firm: http://www.goodelawyer.com/

The Goode Law Firm
A Professional Law Corporation practices in the following areas of law:
Criminal Defense, Personal Injury, Maritime Accidents, Wrongful Death, Civil Rights.
Year Established: 1986
Firm Profile:
With over thirty-five (35) years legal experience, including having been a United States Magistrate Judge as well as a Federal and State Criminal Prosecutor, in addition to many years in private practice, William L. Goode is able to provide competent and thoughtful, but assertive legal services to a wide variety of clients. Mr. Goode is licensed to practice law in Louisiana as well as Texas and can practice law in many other jurisdictions on a pro hac vice basis.
Firm Size: 2
Office Hours:
Monday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Thursday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Friday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM

Rate Information:
Fixed Hourly Rates
Fixed Fees Available
Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Major Credit Cards
Visa
MasterCard
American Express
William L. Goode (Member) born Shreveport, Louisiana, May 16, 1946; admitted to bar, 1972, Louisiana; 2001, Texas. Education: Texas A & M University (B.A., 1968); Louisiana State University (J.D., 1971). United States Magistrate Judge, Lafayette-Opelousas Division, U.S. District Court for the Western Division of Louisiana, 1980-1983. Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana, 1977-1980. Chief of Criminal Section, 1979-1980. Assistant District Attorney, Caddo Parish, Louisiana, 1974-1977. Special Assistant Attorney General, State of Louisiana, 1990-2003. Deputy Attorney General, State of Alabama, 2004-2006. Practice Areas: Criminal Defense; Personal Injury; Maritime Accidents; Wrongful Death; Civil Rights. Email: William L. Goode
OF COUNSEL
Michael S. O'Brien (Of Counsel) born Lafayette, Louisiana, November 29, 1953; admitted to bar, 1980, Louisiana. Education: Loyola University (B.A., Philosophy, 1976; J.D., 1979); Tulane University (LL.M., Admiralty, 1980). Law Clerk to Hon. William L. Goode, Magistrate, U.S. District Court, 1980-1982. Trial Counsel, Aetna Casualty & Surety Co., 1983-1987. Practice Areas: Personal Injury; Maritime Accidents; Wrongful Death; Civil Rights. Email: Michael S. O'Brien

literatim
02-03-2008, 01:43 PM
I think you should try and get in contact with a lawyer despite Mardi Gras. This is serious and time really is not on our side. You should also try and talk with people in the upper echelon of the official campaign. I would even go as far as trying to contact Ron Paul himself.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 01:46 PM
If Bill Goode decide to take this case, I will need a $10,000 retainer. Trust me he's worth it... but we will need a serious chipin for it...

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 01:48 PM
I think you should try and get in contact with a lawyer despite Mardi Gras. This is serious and time really is not on our side. You should also try and talk with people in the upper echelon of the official campaign. I would even go as far as trying to contact Ron Paul himself.

I sent Bill Goode and his assistant Jeff emails of the above stuff I post.
I've been in contact with them a lot over the last year helping them with a 175mill lawsuit against the Rapides Parish Sheriff's department on behalf of my sister's fiance.
I'm confident I will get a response as soon as they check it.
It would be rude for me to disturb them on holiday. I know the importance... but at least in this culture, you won't get much done being rude.

billjarrett
02-03-2008, 01:49 PM
If Bill Goode decide to take this case, I will need a $10,000 retainer. Trust me he's worth it... but we will need a serious chipin for it...

I'd be good for a little bit on that chipin, but unfortunately I work paycheck to paycheck, so it wouldn't be much but it would be some.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he checks his e-mail during non business days, most lawyers/executives/etc around here are addicted to their crackberrys and/or OWA.

TexMac
02-03-2008, 01:49 PM

First, he should be able to tell you if he WOULD take it and he should also be able to give you his opinion about our chances of prevailing.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 01:52 PM
First, he should be able to tell you if he WOULD take it and he should also be able to give you his opinion about our chances of prevailing.

Of course... i'm just giving everyone reading this a heads up... if he does feel there is a good chance of prevailing, he will take it... and we will need chipin funds.
He won't take the case if he doesn't think he can win it.
This guy doesn't lose.

lost_in_samoa
02-03-2008, 01:54 PM

TexMac
02-03-2008, 01:54 PM
We could probably raise the retainer fee in a couple of hours.

nc4rp
02-03-2008, 01:57 PM
it usually doesnt hurt to ask. they could be sittin home bored wishing someone would call them with a case. :)

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Do you think the email was ok?
I really can't think straight righ tnow... I pieced together info from the thread, I think it explains everything clearly enough.

louisiana4liberty
02-03-2008, 01:58 PM
We should probably exercise caution regarding sending money. We need to know where this is going. We need all the FACTS and a good opinion from a competent attorney.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 02:01 PM
We should probably exercise caution regarding sending money. We need to know where this is going. We need all the FACTS and a good opinion from a competent attorney.

That's why I posted his info.. this isn't some shmuck attorney.
Read up on his info... visit his website.
This is someone I know.. I didn't digg him up out of the phone book at random.

There will be no chipin, unless he tells me, Brent, you have a solid case...

pepperpete1
02-03-2008, 02:01 PM

That is why I posted a request for the name of the RNC secretary so as to request a copy of the LAGOP's filing of their rules, policy, etc.

I was afraid to ask the LAGOP where and when they placed the public notice of the call to caucus, in fear that they would now know where to cover their behinds.

One needs to file a complaint to the Chairman of the GOP about the infractions of their rules.

We need a copy of the LAGOP rules.

We need to know if they published a notice of the caucus.

http://www.publicnoticeads.com/LA/search/searchnotices.asp

This site does not show any public notices. Does not mean they did not publish one.

d) If the chairman of the Republican National Committee does not act upon a violation of the Rules of the Republican Party relating to the selection and/or allocation of delegates or alternate delegates to the national convention, then a statement may be filed against a state or state party by any three (3) members of the Republican National Committee Standing Committee on Rules who feel that a violation has occurred.

I do not feel that any attorney can help at this point. One must go through the channels provided .

Until we get the other info needed above, Torchbearer, please take care of yourself and get rid of the migraine. We need you down there.

PP

malkusm
02-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Guys, I have a question. These are NATIONAL Republican National Committee rules, right? Don't these also apply to Nevada, where rules and caucus locations were changed as little as two weeks before caucus day, and voters were sent misinformation about where/how to participate?

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 02:03 PM
That is why I posted a request for the name of the RNC secretary so as to request a copy of the LAGOP's filing of their rules, policy, etc.

I was afraid to ask the LAGOP where and when they placed the public notice of the call to caucus, in fear that they would now know where to cover their behinds.

One needs to file a complaint to the Chairman of the GOP about the infractions of their rules.

We need a copy of the LAGOP rules.

We need to know if they published a notice of the caucus.

http://www.publicnoticeads.com/LA/search/searchnotices.asp

This site does not show any public notices. Does not mean they did not publish one.

d) If the chairman of the Republican National Committee does not act upon a violation of the Rules of the Republican Party relating to the selection and/or allocation of delegates or alternate delegates to the national convention, then a statement may be filed against a state or state party by any three (3) members of the Republican National Committee Standing Committee on Rules who feel that a violation has occurred.

I do not feel that any attorney can help at this point. One must go through the channels provided .

Until we get the other info needed above, Torchbearer, please take care of yourself and get rid of the migraine. We need you down there.

PP

The attorney could help us procure those documents. That's how we got on the topic of attorney's... I too wanted to know how to get those documents.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Guys, I have a question. These are NATIONAL Republican National Committee rules, right? Don't these also apply to Nevada, where rules and caucus locations were changed as little as two weeks before caucus day, and voters were sent misinformation about where/how to participate?

Yes, so a successful case in louisiana, could benefit a case in nevada.

slantedview
02-03-2008, 02:07 PM
you read it correctly. their rules had to have been set in stone last september.

is the campaign aware of this item?

Mark
02-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Brent - PM sent - might be valuable - let me know if you didn't get it - I'll let SC know as well - I have her number

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Brent - PM sent - might be valuable - let me know if you didn't get it - I'll let SC know as well - I have her number

Let SC know. I posted the email I sent to my attorney. You can resend it to her.
Its posted earlier in this thread in a big quote box.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
you read it correctly. their rules had to have been set in stone last september.

is the campaign aware of this item?

I haven't a clue, wish stevemartin or someone with direct campaign connections would forward this on for me.

kirkblitz
02-03-2008, 02:24 PM
sounds good. i hope you can get that attorney to contact you and update us.

Mark
02-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Let SC know. I posted the email I sent to my attorney. You can resend it to her.
Its posted earlier in this thread in a big quote box.

I emailed her with the thread and other info and called to make sure she notices the email.

I've passed one thing on to her before to forward - this is the second.

She has very good judgment and will handle it properly I'm sure.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 02:41 PM
I emailed her with the thread and other info and called to make sure she notices the email.

I've passed one thing on to her before to forward - this is the second.

She has very good judgment and will handle it properly I'm sure.

Thank you thank you thank you!
Get it out to any in the campaign.

I'll update everyone when I hear back from William Goode.

Elle
02-03-2008, 02:44 PM
HQ knows something is not right
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/175/ron-paul-campaign-files-caucus-challenge-with-louisiana-gop/

tnvoter
02-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Blimp

kirkblitz
02-03-2008, 03:11 PM
yep

Sandra
02-03-2008, 03:18 PM
Don't forget the fact that the National Republican Committeewoman , an AUTOMATIC delegate also put her name on an ELECTED ballot for Dist 5 in order to get a full McCain slate. The most horribly blatant middle finger at the RNC rules ever!

Sandra
02-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Brent, I'm a pissed off delegate too. Should I email some other delegates about this?

Sandra
02-03-2008, 03:22 PM

yes!!! :)

bcreps85
02-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Sounds like you read it right to me...

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Brent, I'm a pissed off delegate too. Should I email some other delegates about this?

Pass the info around to all the delegates.
If Bill Goode takes this case, we can have a class action suit.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 03:54 PM
In case you missed it earlier in the thread:
I sent this email:

I've been robbed of a state alternate delegate spot, along with many other people because of some fishy/ fraud like activity conducted by the LAGOP.

Here is kind of my layman's summary of the institutional laws i'm looking at... what my grievances are... and info i'd need to prove my case.

If you don't handle these kinds of cases.. could you refer me to someone who can...

from RNC rules: http://www.gop.com/About/Rules11-20.htm

RULE NO. 14
Participation

RULE NO. 15

RULE NO. 16
Enforcement of Rules

SHORT answer:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My grievances that can be proven:

1. The LAGOP changed the dates of delegate qualification at the last minute to allow for more opposition delegates to be added once they saw our huge slate of candidates when RNC rules declare they must be set in Sept.
2. They did not notify the citizens of how to participate
4.Automatic Delegates running as unelected delegates on the ballots to keep spots away from other delegates.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I need to prove my case:

To my friend at this law firm: http://www.goodelawyer.com/

The Goode Law Firm
A Professional Law Corporation practices in the following areas of law:
Criminal Defense, Personal Injury, Maritime Accidents, Wrongful Death, Civil Rights.
Year Established: 1986
Firm Profile:
With over thirty-five (35) years legal experience, including having been a United States Magistrate Judge as well as a Federal and State Criminal Prosecutor, in addition to many years in private practice, William L. Goode is able to provide competent and thoughtful, but assertive legal services to a wide variety of clients. Mr. Goode is licensed to practice law in Louisiana as well as Texas and can practice law in many other jurisdictions on a pro hac vice basis.
Firm Size: 2
Office Hours:
Monday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Tuesday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Wednesday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Thursday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Friday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM

Rate Information:
Fixed Hourly Rates
Fixed Fees Available
Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Major Credit Cards
Visa
MasterCard
American Express
William L. Goode (Member) born Shreveport, Louisiana, May 16, 1946; admitted to bar, 1972, Louisiana; 2001, Texas. Education: Texas A & M University (B.A., 1968); Louisiana State University (J.D., 1971). United States Magistrate Judge, Lafayette-Opelousas Division, U.S. District Court for the Western Division of Louisiana, 1980-1983. Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana, 1977-1980. Chief of Criminal Section, 1979-1980. Assistant District Attorney, Caddo Parish, Louisiana, 1974-1977. Special Assistant Attorney General, State of Louisiana, 1990-2003. Deputy Attorney General, State of Alabama, 2004-2006. Practice Areas: Criminal Defense; Personal Injury; Maritime Accidents; Wrongful Death; Civil Rights. Email: William L. Goode
OF COUNSEL
Michael S. O'Brien (Of Counsel) born Lafayette, Louisiana, November 29, 1953; admitted to bar, 1980, Louisiana. Education: Loyola University (B.A., Philosophy, 1976; J.D., 1979); Tulane University (LL.M., Admiralty, 1980). Law Clerk to Hon. William L. Goode, Magistrate, U.S. District Court, 1980-1982. Trial Counsel, Aetna Casualty & Surety Co., 1983-1987. Practice Areas: Personal Injury; Maritime Accidents; Wrongful Death; Civil Rights. Email: Michael S. O'Brien

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 03:55 PM
I sent Bill Goode and his assistant Jeff emails of the above stuff I post.
I've been in contact with them a lot over the last year helping them with a 175mill lawsuit against the Rapides Parish Sheriff's department on behalf of my sister's fiance.
I'm confident I will get a response as soon as they check it.
It would be rude for me to disturb them on holiday. I know the importance... but at least in this culture, you won't get much done being rude.

billyjoeallen
02-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Wow! in a fair hearing, we got 'e by the balls!

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Be prepared for a chipin if Bill decides to take the case.
He will most likely need a $10,000 retainer to start the case.
He is worth it... this guy doesn't lose. He's a former federal magistrate who enjoys sticking it to the man.

Ronin
02-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Are we sure that the GOP rules are bound in a court of law? Maybe this would fall under fraud, but did they really do anything illegal?

Also, didn't HQ exercise their right to contest the election under the rules of the LAGOP? They basically reserved the right to contest/investigate at a later date. HQ is probably just moving on and will deal with this later once all the primaries are over.

In the end I think HQ can be the only one that could get the GOP to throw out the delegates. Individual delegates can take it to the courts, but in my opinion it is doubtful anything will come from it. I mean they basically broke the rules of a "club".

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Are we sure that the GOP rules are bound in a court of law? Maybe this would fall under fraud, but did they really do anything illegal?

Also, didn't HQ exercise their right to contest the election under the rules of the LAGOP? They basically reserved the right to contest/investigate at a later date. HQ is probably just moving on and will deal with this later once all the primaries are over.

In the end I think HQ can be the only one that could get the GOP to throw out the delegates. Individual delegates can take it to the courts, but in my opinion it is doubtful anything will come from it. I mean they basically broke the rules of a "club".

Its a Civil case, as in they have caused damages to the delegates who followed the rules by allowing other delegates onto the ballot after the deadline agreed upon by all republicans back in september.
They cheated in an agreed upon contract.

literatim
02-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Its a Civil case, as in they have caused damages to the delegates who followed the rules by allowing other delegates onto the ballot after the deadline agreed upon by all republicans back in september.
They cheated in an agreed upon contract.

Yep and contracts are very binding.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 04:35 PM
If what you said is true.. then their by-laws are meaningless.. they shouldn't even have them, and just make shit up as they go... and just let the top people pick who they want....

If they make a private contest, we agreed upon rules... then they cheat to win by breaking our agreed upon rules, you can sue for damages in civil court.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 04:38 PM
If the LAGOP gets hit with 150 million dollar lawsuit, they may think twice before pulling this shit again.
Also- we can trash McCain's supposed victory by having 90% of the national delegates thrown out if they don't disqualify the delegates that were allowed in after the deadline.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 04:42 PM
I am not playing with these tools. If we can get Bill Goode on this case... they will either bend to our will or we will break them.

pepperpete1
02-03-2008, 04:43 PM

I have been researching this on my own just in case they do not have the info. and I just smelt a red herring with the 2 day delay.

It has been difficult to find anypublic announcements of the call to caucus which was to be done 15 days prior to the caucus.

I cannot find a site that is up that will give us the rules, policy, etc. , of the LAGOP,convienent eh?

These were to be filed with the Republican National Committee secretary. I cannot find any info on who that person may be.

The first course of action to take when a violation is suspected is to notify the chairman of the RNC. If he does not take action, then it is as I previously posted.

Of course, this may be different than the Maine caucus where the votes were really a straw poll and just a beauty contest, and it is only the delegates that count. If that is the case, then HQ may not be as concerned as we are, because they may know how many delegates we really have.

I am really getting an education on our elective system here in the USA. I always just paid attention to the way we hold our elections here in Michigan.

(By the way pepperpete1 is a woman, not a guy)

dawnbt
02-03-2008, 04:56 PM
We didn't win Louisiana waiting around for HQ to do something.. and we aren't about to start waiting for them now.

Maybe the campaign is waiting out the delegate count of Super Tuesday to see how possibly losing the LA delegates will effect us before deciding to file suit.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 05:01 PM
Maybe the campaign is waiting out the delegate count of Super Tuesday to see how possibly losing the LA delegates will effect us before deciding to file suit.

Maybe, but i'm thinking us delegates that were actually on the ballot should join in a class action suit against the LAGOP regardless of what HQ does...
They need to learn that they aren't gods and they can't get away with the shit they are doing... regardless of if they allow us in or not.

constituent
02-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Another rule they didn't follow, that one would disqualify the entire process.

in your opinion, do you think that perhaps that might be a good thing, or would it just hurt any positive gains made in LA?

stevedasbach
02-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Unfortunately, the penalty for breaking the rules is that the state's delegates can be forfeited. Won't help us get Paul delegates seated.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Unfortunately, the penalty for breaking the rules is that the state's delegates can be forfeited. Won't help us get Paul delegates seated.

It doesn't appear we will get them seated in Louisiana if they don't follow the rules... so, we will make the LAGOP decide if they want to participate in the national convention this year.....

Also- the civil suit I'm inquiring about probably will not effect anything in the short term unless it forces them to follow the rules.... the only thing it may provide is a monetary punishment in the form or reparations for damages.

Either way- they should not get away with breaking the rules, even if it cost us a whole 2 national delegates that we may or may not get at the state convention under the current corrupt system we are helplessly participating in...

We win if they are punished. A reminder for next time.

joenaab
02-03-2008, 06:10 PM
great work you are doing in LA. I'd like you to bring your "A-game" to the conflict, and I hate to see a brother suffer.

First, - don't know what your food & beverage habits are, but one of the leading causes of migraines is the artificial sweetener, Aspartame, used in diet soft drinks and artificial sweetener packs such as Equal. Never, ever consume something with Aspartame. It is an excitotoxin that attacks your nervous system.

Second, - regardless of cause, an excellent natural remedy that makes migraines go away instantly is the supplement Co-Enzyme Q10. Easily ordered online and likely available in natural food markets. Please never take pharmaceuticals for a migraine.

good luck to you.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 06:24 PM
great work you are doing in LA. I'd like you to bring your "A-game" to the conflict, and I hate to see a brother suffer.

First, - don't know what your food & beverage habits are, but one of the leading causes of migraines is the artificial sweetener, Aspartame, used in diet soft drinks and artificial sweetener packs such as Equal. Never, ever consume something with Aspartame. It is an excitotoxin that attacks your nervous system.

Second, - regardless of cause, an excellent natural remedy that makes migraines go away instantly is the supplement Co-Enzyme Q10. Easily ordered online and likely available in natural food markets. Please never take pharmaceuticals for a migraine.

good luck to you.

Aspartame may be the cause... i've been drinking a lot of diet sodas lately...
A cup of coffee is actually helping me see straight right now.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 06:55 PM
in your opinion, do you think that perhaps that might be a good thing, or would it just hurt any positive gains made in LA?

In my opinion, under the current circumstances, we have very little to lose if the forfeit their delegates...
If they had followed their own rules, we would have easily won Louisiana with 41 national delegates and the bragging rights to go with it.
Instead, the cheated, we lost our huge advantage and at most will end up with 2 national delegates depending on our ability to bring over 2 undecided state delegates in District 5.

I think Ron Paul stands for the rule of law, and so do I. We will hold the state GOP to their own rules.
I pray Bill Goode accepts this suit. It is time for accountability.

Sandra
02-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Torchbearer, the original date of the caucus was Jan 10 then in mid December they changed it to Jan 22.

Soccrmastr
02-03-2008, 07:02 PM
someone contact them or contact RP HQ.

angelatc
02-03-2008, 07:06 PM

Have you thought about the BlackBox (or whatever it is) group? They might have contacts.

Bradley in DC
02-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Only 90% would be lost, and none of the delegates could be Republican National Committee LA GOP Party INSIDERS.

--------------------------

(2) If a state or state party violates the Rules of the Republican Party relating to the timing of the selection process
resulting in the election of delegates or alternate delegates to the national convention
after the call to the national convention is issued,
then the number of delegates to the national convention from that state shall be reduced by ninety percent (90%),
and the corresponding alternate delegates shall also be reduced.

--------------------

In Short:

state party violates the Rules after the call - delegates reduced by 90% - No LA Republican National Committee members as delegates

The call of the convention was November 9th, 2007.

http://www.gop.com/images/2008_Call_FINAL.pdf

Bradley in DC
02-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Torchbearer, the original date of the caucus was Jan 10 then in mid December they changed it to Jan 22.

Brent and Sandra, if you guys in LA can work out a whole timeline of events, it would probably prove very useful to the effort. I added the RNC call of the convention (November 9th, 2007).

Revolution9
02-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Aspartame may be the cause... i've been drinking a lot of diet sodas lately...
A cup of coffee is actually helping me see straight right now.

Rumsfields gift to the NWO. banned initially as a poison it was shoved through by Rumsfield under Reagan. At 87 degrees fahrenheit it breaks down into formaldehyde and aspartic acid. It is responsible for at minimum 97 major syndromes and illnesses that are severely debilitating or can cause death. please stop. The Revolution needs you.

Thanks
Randy

Bradley in DC
02-03-2008, 07:39 PM
someone contact them or contact RP HQ.

Chief legal counsel for the campaign is Joe Becker, jbecker@ronpaul2008.com

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Brent and Sandra, if you guys in LA can work out a whole timeline of events, it would probably prove very useful to the effort. I added the RNC call of the convention (November 9th, 2007).

Jenninlouisiana would be a great help in this process too. I know she's probably taking a needed rest... but I hope she gets online soon to help us get a timeline completed.
She was very involved with the state GOP and their changes.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 07:59 PM
some state statutes brought to my attention:

§1463. Political material; ethics; prohibitions
A. The Legislature of Louisiana finds that the state has a compelling interest in taking every necessary step to assure that all elections are held in a fair and ethical manner and finds that an election cannot be held in a fair and ethical manner when any candidate or other person is allowed to print or distribute any material which falsely alleges that a candidate is supported by or affiliated with another candidate, group of candidates, or other person, or a political faction, or to publish statements that make scurrilous, false, or irresponsible adverse comments about a candidate or a proposition. The legislature further finds that the state has a compelling interest to protect the electoral process and that the people have an interest in knowing the identity of each candidate whose number appears on a sample ballot in order to be fully informed and to exercise their right to vote for a candidate of their choice. The legislature further finds that it is essential to the protection of the electoral process that the people be able to know who is responsible for publications in order to more properly evaluate the statements contained in them and to informatively exercise their right to vote. The legislature further finds that it is essential to the protection of the electoral process to prohibit misrepresentation that a person, committee, or organization speaks, writes, or acts on behalf of a candidate, political committee, or political party, or an agent or employee thereof.

What would that "reagan pro-life slate" be considered?

joenaab
02-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Rumsfields gift to the NWO. banned initially as a poison it was shoved through by Rumsfield under Reagan. At 87 degrees fahrenheit it breaks down into formaldehyde and aspartic acid. It is responsible for at minimum 97 major syndromes and illnesses that are severely debilitating or can cause death. please stop. The Revolution needs you.

Thanks
Randy

torchbearer (and others), rev9 is correct. this was a poison that was, by chance, found to be sweet. it failed all FDA testing miserably, and there is a long, well-documented history of this (many books, websites and two great documentaries cover the subject). rumsfeld, in exchange for shares in the company, pushed it through and made a fortune. this chemical literally eats away at your brain and is associated with close to 100 neurological disorders.

Never, ever consume Aspartame. Really, never consume any soft drink whatsoever. This is a bit OT, but since we're talking about migraines, here's a few other reasons not to drink soft drinks.

1. The phosphoric acid and carbonic acid added to make bubbles make softdrinks the most acidic thing consumed by humans. It exasperates the condition of Acidosis and leaches calcium out of your bones to maintain a blood-pH of 7.3.

2. The chemical additives of artificial color, flavor and preservatives are toxic in your body and are very difficult to eliminate. Over time they accumulate and break down your immune system and can lead to every type of chronic disease known.

3. The sugar version has 7-10 teaspoons of refined sugar, the consumption of which wreaks havoc on your adrenaline and nervous system.

4. The aluminum from the can "outgases" into the beverage and enters your body and can cause any number of chronic diseases, particularly Altzheimers. In this case, "aluminum" won't be listed as an ingredient on the can, but you'll be getting plenty of it.

5. If you drink it from a two-liter plastic container, you are drinking "ptlatlets" or "plasticizers" which are the outgas of plastic, which enter the liquid and you, via the liquid. Plasticizers are linked to every known mental and physical disease. They are a fertilizer for cancer. They are a female hormone mimic and are the leading culprit in importency and sexual disfunction.

6. The caffeine pollutes your kidneys and wreaks havoc on your adrenaline system. This is the same for coffee so give that up too! Green tea has a healthier form of caffeine, some green teas have mateine, and green teas are loaded with anti-oxidants, the very thing you need to help you purge all these stored up toxins.

7. By consuming these chemicals you enrich the petroleum-chemical industry, who are the very enemies of our cause. Don't support them with your hard-earned money. All you'll get in return is cancer and migraines.

peace, jn

Tanner
02-03-2008, 08:14 PM

A. The Legislature of Louisiana finds that the state has a compelling interest in taking every necessary step to assure that all elections are held in a fair and ethical manner and finds that an election cannot be held in a fair and ethical manner when any candidate or other person is allowed to print or distribute any material which falsely alleges that a candidate is supported by or affiliated with another candidate, group of candidates, or other person, or a political faction, or to publish statements that make scurrilous, false, or irresponsible adverse comments about a candidate or a proposition. ...

WE HAEV A WINNAR!

Now...the matter proving the intent and duration of the pro-life/pro-choice chumps.

Bradley in DC
02-03-2008, 08:41 PM
http://www.gop.com/images/Press_State_Summaries.pdf

REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE

2007 - 2008 Rule No. 15(e)
Delegate Selection Overview Summaries for Presidential Primaries, Caucuses, & Conventions

The information contained in this document was compiled by the RNC Counsel’s Office based on the Rule No. 15(e) filing as submitted and certified by the states and territories to the Secretary of the RNC.
If you have questions about the information contained in the summaries and filings, please contact the individual state or territory in question.

LOUISIANA 2008

Numbers
47 Total Delegates
• 3 RNC, 21 CD and 23 AL
Important Dates (revised dates as of 12/20/07)
Delegate Filing: 1/10/08 at 5 p.m.
CD Caucuses/Conventions: 1/22/08
Primary: 2/09/2008
State Convention: 2/16/08
Selection Method
Closed Primary, Caucus, Convention

Delegates:

AL – bound, if allocated

CD – unbound

o 23 may be bound (depending on election results)

o 24 Unbound

Selection Details
AL – Delegate allocation: Winner-take-all, if 50%; if no majority, then AL delegates are “uncommitted.”
Delegate election: At State Convention.

CD – Delegate allocation: n/a
Delegate election: CD Meetings at State Convention elects CD delegates that are “uncommitted.”

kirkblitz
02-03-2008, 09:26 PM
news?

literatim
02-03-2008, 09:28 PM

A. The Legislature of Louisiana finds that the state has a compelling interest in taking every necessary step to assure that all elections are held in a fair and ethical manner and finds that an election cannot be held in a fair and ethical manner when any candidate or other person is allowed to print or distribute any material which falsely alleges that a candidate is supported by or affiliated with another candidate, group of candidates, or other person, or a political faction, or to publish statements that make scurrilous, false, or irresponsible adverse comments about a candidate or a proposition. The legislature further finds that the state has a compelling interest to protect the electoral process and that the people have an interest in knowing the identity of each candidate whose number appears on a sample ballot in order to be fully informed and to exercise their right to vote for a candidate of their choice. The legislature further finds that it is essential to the protection of the electoral process that the people be able to know who is responsible for publications in order to more properly evaluate the statements contained in them and to informatively exercise their right to vote. The legislature further finds that it is essential to the protection of the electoral process to prohibit misrepresentation that a person, committee, or organization speaks, writes, or acts on behalf of a candidate, political committee, or political party, or an agent or employee thereof.

You can get that entire slate thrown out and Ron Paul will sweep all delegates!

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 09:33 PM
Can someone get this info to someone who can handle this from the campaign?
It will cost us $10,000 to get a good attorney in this state to take this case.
We can do it... but in this one thread alone we have developed quite a case against the state LAGOP.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 09:34 PM
http://www.gop.com/images/Press_State_Summaries.pdf

REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE

2007 - 2008 Rule No. 15(e)
Delegate Selection Overview Summaries for Presidential Primaries, Caucuses, & Conventions

The information contained in this document was compiled by the RNC Counsel’s Office based on the Rule No. 15(e) filing as submitted and certified by the states and territories to the Secretary of the RNC.
If you have questions about the information contained in the summaries and filings, please contact the individual state or territory in question.

LOUISIANA 2008

Numbers
47 Total Delegates
• 3 RNC, 21 CD and 23 AL
Important Dates (revised dates as of 12/20/07)
Delegate Filing: 1/10/08 at 5 p.m.
CD Caucuses/Conventions: 1/22/08
Primary: 2/09/2008
State Convention: 2/16/08
Selection Method
Closed Primary, Caucus, Convention

Delegates:

AL – bound, if allocated

CD – unbound

o 23 may be bound (depending on election results)

o 24 Unbound

Selection Details
AL – Delegate allocation: Winner-take-all, if 50%; if no majority, then AL delegates are “uncommitted.”
Delegate election: At State Convention.

CD – Delegate allocation: n/a
Delegate election: CD Meetings at State Convention elects CD delegates that are “uncommitted.”

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 09:39 PM
I just got this through my meet-up emails:

Subj: Plaintiffs

Good Evening Folks,

As you all know, we are suing the Republican Party of Louisiana for mishandling the entire caucus process and attempting to walk off with our victory. However, we need people (our delegates) to be the plaintiff's in the case. Please speak with the delegates in your district and find several delegates and alternates that are willing to put their names down on the suit as plaintiffs.

Please send me the names of the people who are willing as soon as possible.

Thanks!

--
Andrew Axsom
Louisiana Field Director
Ron Paul 2008
www.ronpaul2008.com

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Looks like we can use all the info we can gather here to help take the LAGOP to the woodshed, can someone get this thread to campaign people?
I know they have attorney's that have been looking things over... but it is possible we hit upon things they haven't thought of yet...

JonathanR
02-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Great work and great news!!

pepperpete1
02-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Looks like we can use all the info we can gather here to help take the LAGOP to the woodshed, can someone get this thread to campaign people?
I know they have attorney's that have been looking things over... but it is possible we hit upon things they haven't thought of yet...

One of our supporters posted the name of Joe Becker, jbecker@ronpaul2008.com
as the campaign attorney, who would know better of what recourse the campaign is taking?

I will e-mail him and ask if he would please take a look at our thread here and maybe he will respond with some news.

patriotcalendar
02-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Great detective work here, TB!

Hey, I realize you have an attorney scoped out & that the campaign appears to be taking on litigation as well...

but just in case this could come in handy at some point...

remember Tom Cryer? (the Shreveport attorney who beat the IRS (http://www.gcstation.net/liefreezone/) awhile back)

His contact info is at the above link.. seems like he would be a liberty-minded attorney.. in the event you end up wanting to talk to one

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Great detective work here, TB!

Hey, I realize you have an attorney scoped out & that the campaign appears to be taking on litigation as well...

but just in case this could come in handy at some point...

remember Tom Cryer? (the Shreveport attorney who beat the IRS (http://www.gcstation.net/liefreezone/) awhile back)

His contact info is at the above link.. seems like he would be a liberty-minded attorney.. in the event you end up wanting to talk to one

Give credit to pepperpete1, she's been digging up this info for me. :)
I've just been putting the pieces together from being on the ground here.

jake
02-03-2008, 10:00 PM
inspiring thread, carry on the torch of justice! this battle is only just beginning

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 10:01 PM
//

literatim
02-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Can someone get this info to someone who can handle this from the campaign?
It will cost us $10,000 to get a good attorney in this state to take this case.
We can do it... but in this one thread alone we have developed quite a case against the state LAGOP.

If you take donations, I am sure you can easily get enough from Grassroots. Don't use PayPal, they may try and freeze the account like they did to the Granny Warriors and New Hampshire recount.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 10:19 PM
If you take donations, I am sure you can easily get enough from Grassroots. Don't use PayPal, they may try and freeze the account like they did to the Granny Warriors and New Hampshire recount.

Looks like the campaign may be on it and we won't need the other attorney:
from previos post:

I just got this through my meet-up emails:

Subj: Plaintiffs

Good Evening Folks,

As you all know, we are suing the Republican Party of Louisiana for mishandling the entire caucus process and attempting to walk off with our victory. However, we need people (our delegates) to be the plaintiff's in the case. Please speak with the delegates in your district and find several delegates and alternates that are willing to put their names down on the suit as plaintiffs.

Please send me the names of the people who are willing as soon as possible.

Thanks!

--
Andrew Axsom
Louisiana Field Director
Ron Paul 2008
www.ronpaul2008.com

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 10:54 PM
bump because we are rallying the troops to take Louisiana, this battle isn't over yet...
And we don't know the meaning of quit!

SteveMartin
02-03-2008, 10:56 PM
TB,

You are my new hero!

Keep up the great work.

slantedview
02-03-2008, 10:58 PM
this is some great work. tb: have you sent your findings to Andrew Axsom?

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 11:07 PM
this is some great work. tb: have you sent your findings to Andrew Axsom?

No, He never replies to my email request, I will try to get him on the phone tomorrow after work.
If only I could just get him to read this thread...
I'll have to sit down and go back through all 20 pages and dig out the important info...
If I join the campaigns class action suit, I will not be able to be a party to another similar suit if we get our own attorney.
I'm stuck in a place where I know I need to help the campaign make sure they have all the info.. but I don't believe the campaign knows they need my help.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 11:08 PM
TB,

You are my new hero!

Keep up the great work.

Just think of what I could do as a Congressman! ;)

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 11:23 PM
//

literatim
02-03-2008, 11:31 PM
I just hope this gets acted on. I want to see every delegate on that slate disqualified.

Sandra
02-03-2008, 11:39 PM
I sent Axsome an email, I want to be included as a plaintiff! I'm pissed! and everyday I get pissed-er!

Ex Post Facto
02-03-2008, 11:47 PM
Awesome. I've been thinking about this campaign more and more. I think we attempt to win, but instead of running expensive ads, sue each GOP, and pay for recounts. Hell, we are already considered nuts. Might as well act nutty and do the non politically correct thing by lodging complaints and filing suit to uphold our rights.

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Awesome. I've been thinking about this campaign more and more. I think we attempt to win, but instead of running expensive ads, sue each GOP, and pay for recounts. Hell, we are already considered nuts. Might as well act nutty and do the non politically correct thing by lodging complaints and filing suit to uphold our rights.

We won louisiana, that's why we are suing... they stole the win with last minute rule changes... and "accidental" mess ups on voter list

FSP-Rebel
02-04-2008, 12:07 AM
I don't know him but I trust Torchbearer (from his cred here) and I don't think he would sensationalize anything this important. I'm down with what he says and support him for Congress.

pepperpete1
02-04-2008, 12:10 AM
;)
We won louisiana, that's why we are suing... they stole the win with last minute rule changes... and "accidental" mess ups on voter list

Ok, I went ahead and e-mailed this to Joe Becker.

Let's see if we get a response.

Sun, 3 Feb 2008 22:04:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Louisiana delegates
To: jbecker@ronpaul2008.com

Dear Mr. Becker, February 4, 2008
I have been doing some extensive research as it regards the election laws in Louisiana and the rules for the GOP.
When I saw a post by "Torchbearer, in the grassroots central forum, I posted some of the information I had found.
The LAGOP HAS broken state statutes and rules of the national GOP.
We figured that you were on top of this, but just in case we may have found something, that would be of use to you, would you please go to the grassroots central forum and read the thread "This could be the rule that gets us the Louisiana majority", please?
We would really like to know if something is being done about calling the LAGOP out on this.
It is hard enough to overcome the media blackout without our own party causing us to not have delegates we have actually won. Besides the bad press it gives us on top of the blackout.

Thank you so much for your attention to this matter.
Patricia Petersen

Just Do It

patriotcalendar
02-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Give credit to pepperpete1, she's been digging up this info for me.

Props, pepperpete1 !!!

:)

pepperpete1
02-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Let's hope we hear from him.
It is really hard not to have a few generals in the field giving you "atta boys" once in awhile.
Oh, well, I guess we knew that when we signed on. LOL

Mark
02-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Just throwing in a little Prayer for the cause.

I have a lot of experience with Black Magic Voodoo from back in 1994 during the run up to the Haiti invasion,
and I understand it's popular down there too.

You never know. And it never hurts to cover the Spiritual side of things. Who knows what the powers that be down there are into?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if there was a little Voodoo action going on to fight against justice for us.

So, I just wanted to cover that base as well. I got your back spiritually.

Any Voodoo magic used will return to them to their peril. Witchdoctors beware. You have been warned.

Side note:

I worked at Avondale Shipyard in New Orleans in the summer of 1977, and it was interesting to say the least.

Mark
02-04-2008, 01:28 AM
torchbearer (and others), rev9 is correct. this was a poison that was, by chance, found to be sweet. it failed all FDA testing miserably, and there is a long, well-documented history of this (many books, websites and two great documentaries cover the subject). rumsfeld, in exchange for shares in the company, pushed it through and made a fortune. this chemical literally eats away at your brain and is associated with close to 100 neurological disorders.

Never, ever consume Aspartame. Really, never consume any soft drink whatsoever. This is a bit OT, but since we're talking about migraines, here's a few other reasons not to drink soft drinks.

1. The phosphoric acid and carbonic acid added to make bubbles make softdrinks the most acidic thing consumed by humans. It exasperates the condition of Acidosis and leaches calcium out of your bones to maintain a blood-pH of 7.3.

2. The chemical additives of artificial color, flavor and preservatives are toxic in your body and are very difficult to eliminate. Over time they accumulate and break down your immune system and can lead to every type of chronic disease known.

3. The sugar version has 7-10 teaspoons of refined sugar, the consumption of which wreaks havoc on your adrenaline and nervous system.

4. The aluminum from the can "outgases" into the beverage and enters your body and can cause any number of chronic diseases, particularly Altzheimers. In this case, "aluminum" won't be listed as an ingredient on the can, but you'll be getting plenty of it.

5. If you drink it from a two-liter plastic container, you are drinking "ptlatlets" or "plasticizers" which are the outgas of plastic, which enter the liquid and you, via the liquid. Plasticizers are linked to every known mental and physical disease. They are a fertilizer for cancer. They are a female hormone mimic and are the leading culprit in importency and sexual disfunction.

6. The caffeine pollutes your kidneys and wreaks havoc on your adrenaline system. This is the same for coffee so give that up too! Green tea has a healthier form of caffeine, some green teas have mateine, and green teas are loaded with anti-oxidants, the very thing you need to help you purge all these stored up toxins.

7. By consuming these chemicals you enrich the petroleum-chemical industry, who are the very enemies of our cause. Don't support them with your hard-earned money. All you'll get in return is cancer and migraines.

peace, jn

This is worth a quote for emphasis - I've ALWAYS avoided artificial sweeteners .

Cans, plastics, et all, it's like they're trying to poison the people on purpose.

btwilli1
02-04-2008, 08:36 AM
bump

Starks
02-04-2008, 08:51 AM
So, how goes our contact blitz of the LAGOP and RNC?

torchbearer
02-04-2008, 10:06 AM
???

pepperpete1
02-04-2008, 11:25 AM
bump

Mark
02-04-2008, 12:23 PM
So, how goes our contact blitz of the LAGOP and RNC?

I think it succeeded in ticking them off.

I believe someone posted to stop doing it because it was becoming unproductive and hurting the effort.

slantedview
02-04-2008, 12:38 PM
;)

Ok, I went ahead and e-mailed this to Joe Becker.

Let's see if we get a response.

Sun, 3 Feb 2008 22:04:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Louisiana delegates
To: jbecker@ronpaul2008.com

Dear Mr. Becker, February 4, 2008
I have been doing some extensive research as it regards the election laws in Louisiana and the rules for the GOP.
When I saw a post by "Torchbearer, in the grassroots central forum, I posted some of the information I had found.
The LAGOP HAS broken state statutes and rules of the national GOP.
We figured that you were on top of this, but just in case we may have found something, that would be of use to you, would you please go to the grassroots central forum and read the thread "This could be the rule that gets us the Louisiana majority", please?
We would really like to know if something is being done about calling the LAGOP out on this.
It is hard enough to overcome the media blackout without our own party causing us to not have delegates we have actually won. Besides the bad press it gives us on top of the blackout.

Thank you so much for your attention to this matter.
Patricia Petersen

Just Do It

maybe you should follow up with another e-mail to him with a link to the actual thread or the text of some of the evidence torch bearer uncovered, so he doesn't have to dig through the thread?

pepperpete1
02-04-2008, 02:01 PM
maybe you should follow up with another e-mail to him with a link to the actual thread or the text of some of the evidence torch bearer uncovered, so he doesn't have to dig through the thread?

I'll do that .:D

torchbearer
02-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Go team!
I got a computer job to knock out, but i'll check back in later!

Liberté
02-04-2008, 03:12 PM
I am doubtful about this claim, there is no reason they would not have issued a press release announcing the action without going into details (not saying that it wouldn’t happen, but I doubt you would be hearing about it via Ron Paul Forums or Local Meetups, this would come as a Press Release from HQ).

It doesn’t seem likely after the NH recount decision and in the middle of the race; a lawsuit at this juncture would sink the campaign. Typically these type of lawsuits occur months (or years as evidence by Nader’s recent lawsuits) after the election process has finished.

If anything this type of speculation is going to hurt the campaign (that is why RP moved to stomp out the recount stuff). Just make sure you know who you are e-mailing and giving your information too...

kirkblitz
02-04-2008, 03:38 PM
awesome, time to show the world who the GOP really are.

billjarrett
02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
I am doubtful about this claim, there is no reason they would not have issued a press release announcing the action without going into details (not saying that it wouldn’t happen, but I doubt you would be hearing about it via Ron Paul Forums or Local Meetups, this would come as a Press Release from HQ).

It doesn’t seem likely after the NH recount decision and in the middle of the race; a lawsuit at this juncture would sink the campaign. Typically these type of lawsuits occur months (or years as evidence by Nader’s recent lawsuits) after the election process has finished.

If anything this type of speculation is going to hurt the campaign (that is why RP moved to stomp out the recount stuff). Just make sure you know who you are e-mailing and giving your information too...

Like this?

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/175/ron-paul-campaign-files-caucus-challenge-with-louisiana-gop

kirkblitz
02-04-2008, 03:57 PM
thats not the lawsuit thing but that kind of does imply that they will do whatever it takes to show the corruption.

torchbearer
02-04-2008, 03:59 PM
This isn't speculation. WTF are you talking about?
We are sharing info with you that we have gotten from the official campaign as a privilege to you and to others so you know what is going on...

And yes, the campaign cannot make a big public deal out of it without repercussions.
You haven't a clue what you are talking about... We had a 40 page thread discussion on this topic.
We as a grassroots were lining up our own attorney until we recieved an email that same night from our "official campaign paid state coordinator" sent to all of our meet-up organizers an email that was disseminated to us... and then shared with you.

kirkblitz
02-04-2008, 04:21 PM
I wish you had a blog torch, it would be so much easier to follow i think. Though i do like reading everyones comments.

torchbearer
02-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Never got into blogging, I love coming here because we have accomplished a lot of things over the past year by pooling our brain power and then taking it to the streets.

pepperpete1
02-04-2008, 04:41 PM
I'll do that .:D

Alrighty then, I just sent another e-mail to Mr. Becker, giving him the urls and some of the material spelled out.

PP

kirkblitz
02-04-2008, 05:49 PM
bumpage

torchbearer
02-04-2008, 06:48 PM
//

kirkblitz
02-04-2008, 08:22 PM
bp

torchbearer
02-04-2008, 09:58 PM
^^^

torchbearer
02-04-2008, 10:32 PM
//

torchbearer
02-04-2008, 11:00 PM

Did I read this wrong?

West Coast bump.

bolidew
02-04-2008, 11:18 PM
HQ should act upon this ASAP!

pepperpete1
02-04-2008, 11:39 PM

Hey guys,

It did not occur to me til I was surfing around tonite and found this

http://deathby1000papercuts.blogspot.com/2008/01/louisiana-gop-caucus-results-results.html

Quick analysis from Lew Rockwell on this development:

Ronald Reagan Wins Louisiana Caucus

1. The coalition delegate slate will be split 4 ways at the state convention, and Paul may have more than any one candidate.

2. Paul supposedly has most of the alternate delegate slots, most of which were uncontested. So if somebody doesn't show up or is ruled ineligible, a Paul delegate can step up.

3. If half of Paul's supporters did indeed cast provisional ballots, these results from the Shreveport times are utterly meaningless.

So even if the LAGOP is to be penalized it's delegates when found to be in violation of the various rules and statutes.......we still have our alternates!

Mark
02-05-2008, 04:59 AM
up4dates

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey guys,

It did not occur to me til I was surfing around tonite and found this

http://deathby1000papercuts.blogspot.com/2008/01/louisiana-gop-caucus-results-results.html

Quick analysis from Lew Rockwell on this development:

Ronald Reagan Wins Louisiana Caucus

1. The coalition delegate slate will be split 4 ways at the state convention, and Paul may have more than any one candidate.

2. Paul supposedly has most of the alternate delegate slots, most of which were uncontested. So if somebody doesn't show up or is ruled ineligible, a Paul delegate can step up.

3. If half of Paul's supporters did indeed cast provisional ballots, these results from the Shreveport times are utterly meaningless.

So even if the LAGOP is to be penalized it's delegates when found to be in violation of the various rules and statutes.......we still have our alternates!

You are awesome!
You are great at finding things... putting them together, in a timely fashion. I could use someone like you in my congressional campaign, and eventually congressional office. no kidding.

If you ever get bored and are looking for something to do... dig up all the info/dirt you can on my opponent Rodney Alexander.
Starting with his crappy voting record... on through to his connection with the Mark Foley scandal... through his last minute switch to the republican party to keep out opposition... etc.
With your keen ability to find info, I'd love to see what you can find!

Heck, if others want to help out in that manner, let me know.. I'll make another thread, and we can compile the info there.

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 11:15 AM
//

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 11:41 AM
^^^

pepperpete1
02-05-2008, 11:57 AM

I did receive an e-mail from Joseph Becker, legal counsel for the campaign today.

He wanted to know who I was and who had suggested I send the info I sent him.
(The info Torchbearer has posted here_

I made a big faux paus by not introducing myself and explaining what it was I was trying to convey.

So I corrected my oversight and sent him another e-mail. I am waiting for word back.

Of course he is not obligated to give me any kind of an answer, and we can only hope and pray that the campaign is suing them and we get the alternates to count as our delegates.

Can't blame him with all the moles and trolls out there.

I am even paranoid enough to think that maybe our thread here is giving the opposition too much info.

PP:eek:

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 12:46 PM
I did receive an e-mail from Joseph Becker, legal counsel for the campaign today.

He wanted to know who I was and who had suggested I send the info I sent him.
(The info Torchbearer has posted here_

I made a big faux paus by not introducing myself and explaining what it was I was trying to convey.

So I corrected my oversight and sent him another e-mail. I am waiting for word back.

Of course he is not obligated to give me any kind of an answer, and we can only hope and pray that the campaign is suing them and we get the alternates to count as our delegates.

Can't blame him with all the moles and trolls out there.

I am even paranoid enough to think that maybe our thread here is giving the opposition too much info.

PP:eek:

In a court case, the opposition would be given this info anyway.
If you want, send Mr. Becker my info.. its publicly listed since I'm a public figure:

Brent Sanders
http://www.joinsanders.com
Committee to Elect Brent Sanders
2245 Albert Street
Alexandria, LA 71301
Phone: 318-613-6069

sent ya a pm too.

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 01:14 PM
//

pepperpete1
02-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Torchbearer,
Thanks for the compliment. I love doing this kind of work. Since I am currently unemployed, this is how I have been occupying my time, this , and job hunting. LOL

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Torchbearer,
Thanks for the compliment. I love doing this kind of work. Since I am currently unemployed, this is how I have been occupying my time, this , and job hunting. LOL

Would you be willing to digg up all info regard Rodney Alexander for me?

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 04:40 PM
//

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 06:02 PM
^^^

pepperpete1
02-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Just so this does not get lost in all the results posts.

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 07:13 PM
//

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 11:10 PM
^^^

torchbearer
02-05-2008, 11:18 PM
$$$

torchbearer
02-06-2008, 08:41 AM
morning bump

Sandra
02-06-2008, 09:01 AM
If any Louisiana delegate or alternate wish to join the list of plaintiffs, give me your name and district # , then I'll PM ya with who to contact. Let's get RP delegates in their rightful places!

Henry
02-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Keep this "front & center"!!!

tommyzDad
02-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Bump

kirkblitz
02-07-2008, 04:48 PM
http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/LA-R.phtml#0216
Saturday 16 February 2008 State Convention

The convention shall convene at 10 a.m. at the Louisiana State Capitol in Baton Rouge. The election of delegates and alternate delegates to the 2008 Republican National Convention will occur at this time. The State Convention elects:

* 20 delegates allocated during the 9 February Primary.
* 21 district delegates-- 3 from each of the state's 7 Congressional Districts. The participants at the State Convention alone determine if presidential preference is to be a factor in such choice and, if so, how it is to be applied.
* 3 additional at-large delegates. The participants at the State Convention alone determine if presidential preference is to be a factor in such choice and, if so, how it is to be applied.

The 3 party leaders, the National Committeeman, the National Committeewoman, and the chairman of the Louisiana's Republican Party, will attend the convention as unpledged delegates by virtue of their position.

so my question is, if this lawsuit doesnt go through like today what is to stop them from voting on the national delegates? How will we be able to invalidate them? Will we have to force a new convention if those delegates are tossed out?

Sarge
02-07-2008, 05:19 PM
The right attorney and the right judge and file for an emergency injunctive relief to stop the convention pending the lawsuit.

With sufficient evidence presented, a judge might grant the relief if they believe fraud has taken place. They might also see no harm waiting on resolution of the lawsuit. Time being critical might make the issue.

On the other hand, a weak attorney presentation and/or a weak judge will not grant the relief. That is where one better know which side of the fence a judge is aligned. Especially in LA from my past experience with litigation in LA.

Read between the lines.

kirkblitz
02-07-2008, 05:57 PM
bumpage, anything new torch?

kirkblitz
02-08-2008, 01:58 AM
news

kirkblitz
02-08-2008, 07:54 PM
.a