PDA

View Full Version : just mentioned on msnbc

JosephTheLibertarian
08-07-2007, 09:58 AM
that dude just mentioned Ron Paul

they're gonna come back and talk about how he's "popular among young voters" or whatever

MSNBC

I'm on eastern standard time

11:56 or so

but hmmm probably just a small mention since there's only a few monutes left? not sure

JosephTheLibertarian
08-07-2007, 10:13 AM
hmmm?

the guy right before this show said that they would be talking about Ron Paul. no mention yet from this lady though. anyone else catch it?

JosephTheLibertarian
08-07-2007, 10:21 AM
the lady on msnbc just said they'll will be talking with Ron Paul..........be ready for taping ;)

1000-points-of-fright
08-07-2007, 10:21 AM
He's coming on right now after this break.

michaelwise
08-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Ron Paul on after commercial in 1 minute.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-07-2007, 10:29 AM
good interview

UtahApocalypse
08-07-2007, 10:29 AM
I caught the last 2 mins. Not bad, she let him talk.

nullvalu
08-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Yep it was very good, they just let the good Dr. speak for himself.

Sematary
Excellent! He is, indeed, beginning to get noticed by the MSM. That was another positive interview and RP handled himself well, as usual. We should ALL strive to emulate his demeanor when we contact others.

Gunslinger
YouTube anyone?

purepaloma
08-07-2007, 10:31 AM
More exposure, More Donations, More Voters

Johnnybags
08-07-2007, 10:32 AM
from an old pro, prod and ask, let respond and offer no opinion. I must admit, for some strange unexplained reason, I had a tear in my eye, like I was watching a lifetime movie or something. No wonder CNN is losing wiewers to MSNBC.

1000-points-of-fright
yeah, but it's always the same old internet vs votes questions. I don't mind it cuz it is an important phenomenon, but just touch on it and then move on to his positions on the important issues like the economy and foreign policy. That does seem to be changing with every new interview. Eventually they'll get there.

On the other hand, at least it wasn't antagonistic. :)

JosephTheLibertarian
The MSM is already talking about super tuesday, perhaps trying to play down Iowa?

michaelwise
08-07-2007, 10:33 AM
The lady reporter said that the internet is not the real world. Hahhh.

purepaloma
08-07-2007, 10:33 AM

Yeah, not many Americans are on the internet these days. LOL

nullvalu
08-07-2007, 10:35 AM

haha yeah those internets people just live inside little glowing blue screens

1000-points-of-fright
08-07-2007, 10:35 AM

Until I have to mow my lawn on the internet, it's not the real world.

Johnnybags
08-07-2007, 10:37 AM
question, and Ron agreed, it was his challenge to get em to the polls. That was as fair an interview as you are gonna get from an objective reporter. We do not need cheerleaders or naysayer reporters, we need objective ones.

Hamburglar
08-07-2007, 11:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlKTxRO_T_8

LibertyEagle
08-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes! Go get 'em Doc!

sickmint79
08-07-2007, 11:25 AM
msnbc seems to be the most fair.

Highmesa
08-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Ha!

That lady reporter, Andrea Mitchell is Alan Greenspan's wife.

jj111
08-07-2007, 11:33 AM
A+ performance by Ron Paul

beermotor
08-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Ha!

Ahahaha... hilarious. What a traitor that guy is.

remaxjon
08-07-2007, 11:48 AM

bump and I just stole your sig for the sports forum I go to along with a youtube video I already had. :D

disinter
08-07-2007, 12:22 PM

Thanks!

JosephTheLibertarian
08-07-2007, 12:25 PM

yup. He took a complete "about face" 360 as soon as he joined the Federal Reserve

cha-ching!

Man from La Mancha
08-07-2007, 12:26 PM

Thanks for the post.

I like when she brought up Deans campaign. And as always Ron did well in this interview.

JPFromTally
08-07-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm starting to see a pattern of better tv coverage between msnbc and fox. Let's hope it continues.

slantedview
08-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks to whoever posted this on youtube :)

Eli
08-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Awesome!
Two great interviews in two days. Thats incredible. Like the last one we need to flood them with polite thank you letters. Can anyone locate the email addresses and the office addresses of the reporter and possibly create a thread motivating a mass thank you? We need to keep the momentum rolling.

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Whoot! That was excellent.

Patriot
08-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Thanks to whoever posted this on youtube :)

Anyone got the YouTube link?

cottonmouth
08-07-2007, 01:46 PM
msnbc seems to be the most fair.
I will agree that MSNBC seems to be giving our guy a little more respect, especially Tucker Carlson. But when will he get fair treatment on Hardball? Chris Matthews sometimes forbids his guests from bringing up certain persons or topics that Matthews has decided to avoid. For example, the Anna Nicole Baby-Daddy news, Paris Hilton, etc., and I appreciate him for that. Now however, I have the feeling that he is personally banning discussion of RP on his show, and that would NOT be okay with me. He was very dismissive of RP when he moderated the first debate, and the only two times I have heard a guest mention RP in context of discussing the candidates in general, Matthews has said something dismissive again. Anybody else have a take on this, or am I just paranoid?

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Anyone got the YouTube link?

goldenequity
08-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Audio Posted:

Ron Paul MSNBC Super Tuesday interview (5 min)

HERE (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/index.html#new)

randy:)

d'anconia
08-07-2007, 03:53 PM

If you've ever read 'Atlas Shrugged', I think you should look into the character of Francisco d'Anconia (after whom I made my screen name). They thought he was a traitor too ;)

Hurricane Bruiser
08-07-2007, 03:56 PM
d'anconia,

I LOVE Atlas Shrugged. I read that book the first time when I was about 16 and have read it at least twice since then. Everyone should read it.

Hurricane Bruiser
08-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Maybe I should change my handle to John Galt.

Syren123
08-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Ha!

Yeah...but Alan Greenspan isn't completely soulless, Chair of the Fed or no. And MSNBC has been more consistently fair to Dr Paul than any of the other networks. They actually let Tucker Carlson be openly kind and supportive...incredible.

Syren123
08-07-2007, 04:05 PM
d'anconia,

I LOVE Atlas Shrugged. I read that book the first time when I was about 16 and have read it at least twice since then. Everyone should read it.

LOL! I was 20 and couldn't get off the couch, didn't sleep, and barely went to work while I read it the first time. BLEW ME AWAY and completely changed my life. It's definitely more affecting to read the first time when you're young. You think, "Whoa! I'm not the only one who thinks this way!" - empowering and kind of comforting in that respect.

Oh I so agree. It's required reading, as is THE CREATURE FROM JEKYLL ISLAND.

Syren123
08-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I will agree that MSNBC seems to be giving our guy a little more respect, especially Tucker Carlson. But when will he get fair treatment on Hardball? Chris Matthews sometimes forbids his guests from bringing up certain persons or topics that Matthews has decided to avoid. For example, the Anna Nicole Baby-Daddy news, Paris Hilton, etc., and I appreciate him for that. Now however, I have the feeling that he is personally banning discussion of RP on his show, and that would NOT be okay with me. He was very dismissive of RP when he moderated the first debate, and the only two times I have heard a guest mention RP in context of discussing the candidates in general, Matthews has said something dismissive again. Anybody else have a take on this, or am I just paranoid?

No you're not paranoid. But Chris Matthews is a blowhard mental midget. He's MSNBC's dumbass equivalent of Bill O'Reilly who is a gigantic blowhard but is actually smart.

Broadlighter
08-07-2007, 05:10 PM
"A bit of a miracle that has happened," - Ron Paul

Love it.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
08-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Until I have to mow my lawn on the internet, it's not the real world.

I'd have to disagree. In many ways the world on the Internet is more real than the world put to us in the mainstream. Face it, they are discriminating against people who have unplugged out of the Matrix, because they resent the loss of battery.

Broadlighter
08-07-2007, 05:26 PM
How about Francisco D'Anconia's own words?:

"So you think that money is the root of all evil?" said Francisco d'Anconia. "Have you ever asked what is the root of money? Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value. Money is not the tool of the moochers, who claim your product by tears, or of the looters, who take it from you by force. Money is made possible only by the men who produce. Is this what you consider evil?"

Here's more at http://www.witnit.org/archives/2007/03/francisco_dacon.php

Revolution9
08-07-2007, 05:35 PM
How about Francisco D'Anconia's own words?:

"So you think that money is the root of all evil?" said Francisco d'Anconia. "Have you ever asked what is the root of money? Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value. Money is not the tool of the moochers, who claim your product by tears, or of the looters, who take it from you by force. Money is made possible only by the men who produce. Is this what you consider evil?"

Here's more at http://www.witnit.org/archives/2007/03/francisco_dacon.php

Control of money is the root of all evil. If money is the exchange medium and storage unit of time into labor or sweat equity then controlling that is akin to making a slave out of those producing the sweat equity who no longer have control over the "goods" they produce. In a nutshell.

Best Regards
Randy