PDA

View Full Version : Someone stole my Ron Paul yard sign! Watch what I do!

Heavy Fed
02-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Someone stole my Ron Paul yard sign right out of my front yard!

It was just a little one...but I'll be damn if I'll let anyone censor me!

I'll be replacing it with an 8 foot plywood sign on posts set in concrete!

Along with a little sign..."Every time my Ron Paul sign is stolen...it will be replaced by a larger sign!"

Heavy Fed
www.HeavyFed.com

WilliamC
02-03-2008, 11:15 AM
That's just plain rude.

From a public right-of-way is one thing, but from your property?

I don't advocate putting traps out, but I'd darn sure spray some gosh-awful gunk on it so if anyone touched it they'd be sorry.

Jalapeno juice perhaps.

DealzOnWheelz
02-03-2008, 11:29 AM
paint it with CRISCO and hit the edges with FLUFF(marshmellow cream)

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 11:31 AM
I'll probably get kick off the forum for saying this...
But i have a Ron Paul post sign that keeps getting ripped off of my tree in my front yard.
I lined the out edges of the backside of the sign with adhesive and smalls chards of broken glass.
Merry Christmas to the fucker that grabs it to pull it off my tree again.

Dave Pedersen
02-03-2008, 11:31 AM
If you go overboard your friendly neighbors might get together and bring a lawsuit against you. A lot more trouble than it's worth. Moderation in all things.

allyinoh
02-03-2008, 11:32 AM
But i have a Ron Paul post sign that keeps getting ripped off of my tree in my front yard.
I lined the out edges of it with adhesive and broken glass.

Haha... that's funny!

pinkmandy
02-03-2008, 11:35 AM
I lined the out edges of the backside of the sign with adhesive and smalls chards of broken glass.

:D:D:D:D:D

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Haha... that's funny!

It's very easy to do... takes just a minute.

take a mason jar and rap in a towel and with a hammer beat the hell out of it with all the anger you have for someone ripping down your sign.
Line the outer edges(better on the backside so its not noticeable for one sided signs) with adhesive.
Using thick gloves, sprinkle glass shards over adhesive areas on the sign.
Rinse and repeat.

heath.whiteaker
02-03-2008, 11:40 AM
man that would be so awesome to actually see the douchebag grab it and get cut up

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 11:42 AM
man that would be so awesome to actually see the douchebag grab it and get cut up

Well, I know I will be able to get DNA on the mofo next time.
I may just check the emergency rooms for my new friend.... bring a cop with me to arrest the vandal.

Heavy Fed
02-03-2008, 11:45 AM
If you go overboard your friendly neighbors might get together and bring a lawsuit against you. A lot more trouble than it's worth. Moderation in all things.

I live just outside the City...no restrictions here...all of my close neighbors love me!

I'm sure it's someone in the neighborhood...if this one gets screwed with...I'll get REAL inventive!

I will not be defeated!

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 11:51 AM
I live just outside the City...no restrictions here...all of my close neighbors love me!

I'm sure it's someone in the neighborhood...if this one gets screwed with...I'll get REAL inventive!

I will not be defeated!

If they are taking them at night... bear traps work wonders.
They'll never see them until.. well its too late... then you too could find your perp. at the local ER.

I have half a mind to post a simple warning. Vandals will be shot.
Also thought about hooking up some deer cameras to trigger a few shots when they appoach.

asgardshill
02-03-2008, 11:57 AM
I haven't had a sign touched in 15 years because everybody around here knows that I use urushiol oil (the active ingredient in poison ivy and poison oak) on my signs. You distill it from poison ivy which grows freely all over the place here - there's how-tos all over the web. Then just paint a bit on your signs while wearing 4 pairs of gloves- a little goes a long way.

I haven't encountered anybody on the street with copious blisters on their hands in 15 years. (And I haven't lost a sign in that time either). The downside is that whatever you use to make the stuff you have to throw away - you can't reuse anything. And don't burn it either unless you want to spend a few days in the hospital with blistered lungs.

VoluntaryMan
02-03-2008, 11:57 AM

Along with a little sign..."Every time my Ron Paul sign is stolen...it will be replaced by a larger sign!"

Heavy Fed
www.HeavyFed.com

That's the spirit! If we all took this approach to every slight, RP would never get dissed.

Capone: I'm gonna tell you something. Somebody messes with me, I'm gonna mess with with him. Somebody steals from me, I'm gonna say you stole. Not talk to him for spitting on the sidewalk. Understand? Now, I have done nothing to harm these people but they are angered with me, so what do they do, doctor up some income tax, for which they have no case. To speak to me like me, no, to harass a peaceful man. I pray to god if I ever had a grievance I'd have a little more self respect. One more thing, you have an all out prize fight, you wait until the fight is over, one guy is left standing. And that's how you know who won.

Malone: They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way! And that's how you get Capone. Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that? I'm offering you a deal. Do you want this deal?

['The Untouchables' 1987]

...metaphorically speaking, of course.:cool:

Ex Post Facto
02-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Issue a press release and say Romney, paid supporters, stole it.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-03-2008, 02:13 PM

I'd replace it with a small sign again, and then hook up a color/infrared video camera to catch them if they steal it again.

I like your idea too.

propanes
02-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Just wondering. Can a trespasser, thief or vandal sue for damages if they are injured by a booby trap or an unmarked hidden hole in the ground?

austinchick
02-03-2008, 02:14 PM
make the sign electric, so they get shocked when they touch it. lol

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-03-2008, 02:15 PM
I'd replace it with a small sign again, and then hook up a color/infrared video camera to catch them if they steal it again.

And I say that because trying to make things theftproof isn't enough. It also helps to know who's trying to steal from you.

austinchick
02-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Issue a press release and say Romney, paid supporters, stole it.

lmao!!!

constituent
02-03-2008, 02:17 PM

rock on!

asgardshill
02-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Just wondering. Can a trespasser, thief or vandal sue for damages if they are injured by a booby trap or an unmarked hidden hole in the ground?

Anybody can sue anybody for anything. The question is, will they prevail? Its already pretty much settled law that booby traps are illegal and can and will get you sued and you will lose in court (if you don't go to jail first for setting them).

The Eleventh Commandment - Don't Get Caught.

IPSecure
02-03-2008, 02:23 PM

Heavy Fed
www.HeavyFed.com

Shoot the Phuckers! :cool:

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Anybody can sue anybody for anything. The question is, will they prevail? Its already pretty much settled law that booby traps are illegal and can and will get you sued and you will lose in court (if you don't go to jail first for setting them).

The Eleventh Commandment - Don't Get Caught.

So you can kill a vandal, but you can't set traps to protect your property?
What if you have barbed/razor wire rolled around your property to keep people out... a theif gets cut up trying to invade your property... the property owner is put in jail?

tamor
02-03-2008, 02:26 PM
I heard nothing, I saw nothing :-)

Time for Change
02-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Electric cattle fence

Run the wires along the edges of the sign, and the unit up next to the house.
You'll hear them cussing...lol

IowaGarrett
02-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Someone stole my little Ron Paul Yard sign right out of my front yard too. I dont know wether to expect college kids or the mayor that lives two houses down... or the rest of the nearsighted "conservatives" that surround me. Maybe even my landlord, who knows.

At least it happened AFTER the Iowa caucuses were over (Iowa native). But if he gets the nod, Im going to the hardware store and getting a sheet of plywood.

Heavy Fed
www.HeavyFed.com

IowaGarrett
02-03-2008, 02:40 PM
As far as anything else goes-- I'll refer to my PAINTBALL GUN in the future if need be to protect my freedom of speech. Probably give them a heart attack.

tom4ronpaul08
02-03-2008, 02:55 PM
What if you have
rolled around your property to keep people out... a theif gets cut up trying to invade your property... the property owner is put in jail?barbed/razor wire if out in plain sight is fine .... boobie trapping or hiding a devise to cause harm or death will get you in trouble

literatim
02-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Pepper balls instead of paintballs would work wonders.

http://www.pepperball.com/

danberkeley
02-03-2008, 02:59 PM

you should also put a sign that says "Danger: Do Not Remove". that way no one can sue you for setting up a trap.

Dark_Horse_Rider
02-03-2008, 03:01 PM
ambush with firecrackers always a good way to get someones heart going and make them think twice before trying that again

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 03:58 PM
you should also put a sign that says "Danger: Do Not Remove". that way no one can sue you for setting up a trap.

Danger: Do Not Remove, May cause bodily hard.

I'll gladly post that notice right below it. They won't believe the warning anyway.

asgardshill
02-03-2008, 06:21 PM
What if you have barbed/razor wire rolled around your property to keep people out... a theif gets cut up trying to invade your property... the property owner is put in jail?

The most egregious one I've ever heard of (and the classic in the field) is Katko v. Briney (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katko_v._Briney), 183 N.W.2d 657 (Iowa 1971).

VoluntaryMan
02-03-2008, 06:26 PM

Yes, but do it anyway...serves 'em right.:D:

torchbearer
02-03-2008, 06:30 PM
The most egregious one I've ever heard of (and the classic in the field) is Katko v. Briney (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katko_v._Briney), 183 N.W.2d 657 (Iowa 1971).

Do you think the warning sign would suffice so its not seen as a trap, but a form of theft protection?

asgardshill
02-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Do you think the warning sign would suffice so its not seen as a trap, but a form of theft protection?

IANAL, but yes I think that would suffice. But as always, it depends on your location and how vindictive/bloodthirsty your intruder's attorney is.

(A crap answer I know, but the only one I can give in good conscience).

VoluntaryMan
02-03-2008, 06:37 PM

I thought about posting that one. Shameful case.

Goldwater Conservative
02-03-2008, 06:45 PM
I'd just put up a sign that said:

"Danger - Bill of Rights zone. Amendments currently active - 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 9th."

asgardshill
02-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I'd just put up a sign that said:

"Danger - Bill of Rights zone. Amendments currently active - 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 9th."

Bold-italic "2nd" in large font ;)

HillbillyDan
02-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Possibly a video camera in a discrete local...:D

IowaGarrett
02-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Signed up for the mailing list. Hahahaha... I cant wait. I have a buddy I paintball with that just loves surprises. Teehee ;)

Pepper balls instead of paintballs would work wonders.

http://www.pepperball.com/

rpfreedom08
02-05-2008, 03:06 PM
I've had my sign stolen 3 times now and broken once (that just happend today). I can't stand these people saying the paulites are the inconsiderate trouble makers.

Detonator
02-05-2008, 03:11 PM
This happened to me as well. I bought more signs, now I have two in my yard. If they steal them, I'll put four. ;)

mosquitobite
02-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Wow.

Luckily, I've had 2 signs in my yard for months now and I'm the ONLY one in my neighborhood with signs up. No one has taken either.

Captain Shays
02-05-2008, 07:49 PM
One of my meetup members placed one in a great location that was right in front of a "T" so when you come to the end of the busy intersection it was right there in front of you and you couldn't miss it. I drive all over South Jersey and I was encouraged to see so many Ron Paul signs everywhere I went.
Then about a month ago, they started disappearing.
The one I mentioned first is near to my house, so when it disappeared, I replaced it with another. The next day it was gone. I replaced that one too. The next day it too was gone.

Now I have three wolf hybrids that each weigh over 100 lbs so you can imagine the amount of dog crap they generate.

I put another sign out there and took a bag of crap with me. After I stuck it in the ground, I wiped copius amounts of dog crap all over the back of it. No way could anyone remove my sign without getting a really smelly surprise all over their hands.

snicker snicker snicker snicker. I actually hope the SOB tries to take this one.

Captain Shays
02-05-2008, 07:51 PM
BTW all of our road signs were missing so a couple of us went out with a ladder, a hammer and a bunch of nails through the middle of the night and placed a bunch of signs high up on poles with a bunch of nails in each one. You can't miss these signs and the degenerates will literally have to risk their life to get them down.

more snickers