PDA

View Full Version : Having a little fun with FOX in Phoenix!

lvenable
02-03-2008, 10:03 AM
I got this from one of my Meetup email lists.... hope it brings some smiles!

This video is in Phoenix, during the preparations for the Super Bowl. PRICELESS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHXY5NlXrOg

edit: I've been told that this is actually in LA, and probably has nothing to do with the superbowl. If I'm wrong, I apologize. That's the way it was presented in the email where I got the link.

dvictr
02-03-2008, 10:05 AM
cheesy but good!

-

bgoldwater
Don't you guys respect and believe in property rights?

Azprint
Haha

Seanmc30
02-03-2008, 10:09 AM

Sure, but drastic times call for drastic measures :). Plus, isn't Fox just an extension of the Government anyway?

Sarge
02-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Great going on tagging Fox with a blimp!

We saw a sky writing plane puff out Ron Paul yesterday by the 101. Many signs popped up over night on 56th st South of the 101.

Deer Valley road between 56th and Tatum needs signs. A ton of people live in the area and travel that street each day.

pcosmar
02-03-2008, 10:18 AM

To a point.
This is a war.
An information war.
This is a Revolution. A guerrilla war against an entrenched enemy.

I have no problem picking up a weapon from my enemy and carrying it forward.

DAFTEK
02-03-2008, 10:23 AM
cheesy but good!

-

CHEESY? Come on man, that was awesome, i laughed my ass so hard a squirted a few out :D

Question_Authority
02-03-2008, 10:39 AM

Oh for God's sake, lighten up. It's not like he damaged the property or anything.

I think it was hilarious. Good going guys.

constitutional
02-03-2008, 10:41 AM
LMAO! There is nothing wrong in having fun while campaigning. :D

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Outfauxed. ;)

hopeforamerica
02-03-2008, 10:52 AM

You're joking right? I sure hope so. A balloon...oh the horror:rolleyes:

thegr8drronpaul
02-03-2008, 11:05 AM
This is the greatest video I've seen all week (except for McCain's sunshine answer)

AWESOME!

rmholla
02-03-2008, 11:11 AM
My ribs hurt from laughing. Thanks for sharing.

-

RJB
02-03-2008, 11:25 AM
:DThat's awesome. It's the energy of RP capturing the youth vote. Imagine a 70 year old McCain supporter trying that. :D

2nd, they (MSM) do everything to censor us. lol. screw 'em. They declared war on us first. This was a harmless prank compared to baring RP from a debate, asking him dumb question, or plain ignoring him.

Noble
02-03-2008, 11:40 AM
I love yackity sax.

scar
02-03-2008, 11:44 AM
haha I love how he was wearing a V mask too.

wxflyguy
02-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Awesome!

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Fux got blimped!

Dan Klaus
02-03-2008, 11:47 AM
LOL...thanks for posting....pretty funny...

Acidlump
02-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Outfoxed :)

Time for Change
02-03-2008, 11:49 AM
that is good!

Keep up the good work!

Ibgamer
02-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Thats great!

ceakins
02-03-2008, 12:04 PM

Sure, but fox transmits over my airspace. Think about it.

Crickett
02-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Agreed. I loved it!!!!!!!!!! UP with the name recognition!!!!!!!!!!!

roshi
02-03-2008, 12:09 PM
OP Lied. Fox 11 = LA. :P

But funny anyway

american.swan
02-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I am still laughing. that is so funny

Chester Copperpot
02-03-2008, 12:15 PM
I got this from one of my Meetup email lists.... hope it brings some smiles!

This video is in Phoenix, during the preparations for the Super Bowl. PRICELESS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHXY5NlXrOg

Dude that was great! It wasnt cheesy at all.. awesome!

CasualApathy
02-03-2008, 12:22 PM
(rant)

You allways have to respect property-rights, and follow the law. Stuff like this (while mildly amusing) is the wrong thing to do if you want to spread the message of liberty.
I understand that there will allways be some people who take things one step further in any given situation... That probably cannot be changed, but any illegal actions should be harshly condemned on these forums. This revolution of ideas really is unstoppable, but only as long as everyone stays smart, we must not compromise our own principles.
I realise that you probably think that this video seems pretty harmless, but that is what scares me about this movement of ours, because this video is clearly over the line. I was here right from the beginning, but lately i find it very hard to participate in the discussions for one simple reason; I am beginning to see the potential of an illegal and confrontational subculture directed towards the MSM and other government institutions developing on these forums. When I see RP-supporters chase Hannity through the streets shouting profanity, my heart sinks... This is not what this movement is about! If you support chasing Media-people through the streets because you are unhappy with them, then you are using force in the same way as the Neo-cons in Iraq. You can not tell people what to do under the threat of violence, and yes, being chased by an angry mob gives you every reason to fear violence. We have to believe in peaceful and LEGAL change, and we must stay true to our own principles.
The establishment has our movement under immense preassure, are we going to crack, or are we going to stay true?

Elijah
02-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Awesome!! Love the balloons!

pepperpete1
02-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks, you made my day.

In response to the poster that feels this video is over the line. So is breaking FCC rules and the "Fair Doctrine". As to whether the action of tying a balloon to the ladder of a van is illegal, I doubt the courts would uphold any charges, other than it is a frivilous law suit. Now the breaking of FCC rules and regulations......A definite case can be presented and I hope that Ted Gunderson and partner can pull off their class action law suit against the mainstream media.

colin1
02-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks, you made my day.

In response to the poster that feels this video is over the line. So is breaking FCC rules and the "Fair Doctrine". As to whether the action of tying a balloon to the ladder of a van is illegal, I doubt the courts would uphold any charges, other than it is a frivilous law suit. Now the breaking of FCC rules and regulations......A definite case can be presented and I hope that Ted Gunderson and partner can pull off their class action law suit against the mainstream media.

Exactly, what's so horrible about it?

Cyclone
02-03-2008, 12:57 PM
(rant)

You allways have to respect property-rights, and follow the law. Stuff like this (while mildly amusing) is the wrong thing to do if you want to spread the message of liberty.
I understand that there will allways be some people who take things one step further in any given situation... That probably cannot be changed, but any illegal actions should be harshly condemned on these forums. This revolution of ideas really is unstoppable, but only as long as everyone stays smart, we must not compromise our own principles.
I realise that you probably think that this video seems pretty harmless, but that is what scares me about this movement of ours, because this video is clearly over the line. I was here right from the beginning, but lately i find it very hard to participate in the discussions for one simple reason; I am beginning to see the potential of an illegal and confrontational subculture directed towards the MSM and other government institutions developing on these forums. When I see RP-supporters chase Hannity through the streets shouting profanity, my heart sinks... This is not what this movement is about! If you support chasing Media-people through the streets because you are unhappy with them, then you are using force in the same way as the Neo-cons in Iraq. You can not tell people what to do under the threat of violence, and yes, being chased by an angry mob gives you every reason to fear violence. We have to believe in peaceful and LEGAL change, and we must stay true to our own principles.
The establishment has our movement under immense preassure, are we going to crack, or are we going to stay true?

It appears that very few on this forum respect property rights or life. What if that stupid balloon flies off and lands on someone's windshield? Or distracts a driver behind the van? Don't you people think at all?

I have become disgusted with these forums and I attempt every few days to come back here and then I see junk like that. I am ashamed to be a Ron Paul supporter when I see the actions of children who think they have the right to do anything to anyone they like. How would you feel if the guy behind you put Hillary balloons all over your car, or Romney stickers, or Huckabee army gear? Would you be so amused?

I have been working my ass off to put up Ron Paul official 2 x 4 signs all over the city. As soon as I am done, some asshole comes along and takes them down. That is expensive and infuriating to me, but falls right into this same line of thinking. You think what you are doing is funny, I am sure the people stealing those expensive signs from me think it is funny.

What saddens me most is that this "revolution" doesn't stand a chance because so few understand what we are fighting for. We are fighting for property rights. We are fighting for freedom. These actions are the antithesis of that and show that very few on this board have any respect for Ron Paul's viewpoints. Oh, you all want to jump and dance and wave you arms to get on tv, but when it comes to the hard part - having self restraint, and being respectful to others, no one gives a hoot.

Ron Paul would be appalled at the actions of those idiots on the freeway. I am too. But then, there aren't many of us that truly care about liberty when it comes to allowing others to have theirs, are there?

nosebruise
02-03-2008, 01:00 PM
tying a balloon to the car isn't any more harmful than someone putting a pamphlet between your wipers.

i mean they didn't even like slap an adhesive sticker on there.
i'm not saying it was the smartest thing to do. but it was fun and relatively harmless.
i doubt the people driving that van will even care when they find out. unless they are really anal, they will probably rip it off and have a laugh when they see it.

no court would take this seriously.

Cyclone
02-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks, you made my day.

Well, you are going to have trouble bringing suit in court with a doctrine that Ronald Reagan repealed back in 1987: http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2053

So whine all you want, but there is no fairness doctrine and they are not breaking FCC rules.

Do a little research before you jump to conclusions. It took me two seconds on Google to find that citation. Think people, think.

Cyclone
02-03-2008, 01:10 PM
tying a balloon to the car isn't any more harmful than someone putting a pamphlet between your wipers.

i mean they didn't even like slap an adhesive sticker on there.
i'm not saying it was the smartest thing to do. but it was fun and relatively harmless.
i doubt the people driving that van will even care when they find out. unless they are really anal, they will probably rip it off and have a laugh when they see it.

no court would take this seriously.

No, except that you are tying the balloon to a moving vehicle in traffic! See any difference there? Just how long do you think that thing is going to stay tied to a vehicle moving at freeway speed? Then when if comes off, where does it go?

Doesn't anyone have a thought beyond the immediate two second future?

So now your only care for other humans is whether or not a court would take it seriously? Well, a cop would. You would be fined. If the balloon came off and caused an accident you can bet this would be taken very seriously.

But none of that is the point. The point is to have RESPECT for others, which the people here clearly do not.

I leave you to your cesspool here. This place is disgusting these days and gets worse every time I see it.

nosebruise
02-03-2008, 01:11 PM
It appears that very few on this forum respect property rights or life. What if that stupid balloon flies off and lands on someone's windshield? Or distracts a driver behind the van? Don't you people think at all?

PLEASE tell me you're not serious. distractions??

i do agree with you that it wasn't the smartest thing to do, and strictly speaking it doesnt jive with the property rights message.

BUT, GOD, HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR. they didnt glue a RON PAUL forever machinegun that was on fire to the back of it.

THEY TIED.

A BALLOON.

its no more of a "distraction" than just married, high school football or happy birthday writing all over a car. it's no more dangerous than someone tying a surfboard or bike or kayak to the top of their car.

RELAX. its not a big deal. it was completely harmless fun, and about as "property damaging" as someone sticking pamphlets under your windshield wipers.

KIDS TP'ING A HOUSE is 1000x worse than this.

im not saying it was the smartest thing to do, but it was not a frigging big deal, guys, lighten up.

colin1
02-03-2008, 01:12 PM

I have become disgusted with these forums and I attempt every few days to come back here and then I see junk like that. I am ashamed to be a Ron Paul supporter when I see the actions of children who think they have the right to do anything to anyone they like. How would you feel if the guy behind you put Hillary balloons all over your car, or Romney stickers, or Huckabee army gear? Would you be so amused?

I have been working my ass off to put up Ron Paul official 2 x 4 signs all over the city. As soon as I am done, some asshole comes along and takes them down. That is expensive and infuriating to me, but falls right into this same line of thinking. You think what you are doing is funny, I am sure the people stealing those expensive signs from me think it is funny.

What saddens me most is that this "revolution" doesn't stand a chance because so few understand what we are fighting for. We are fighting for property rights. We are fighting for freedom. These actions are the antithesis of that and show that very few on this board have any respect for Ron Paul's viewpoints. Oh, you all want to jump and dance and wave you arms to get on tv, but when it comes to the hard part - having self restraint, and being respectful to others, no one gives a hoot.

Ron Paul would be appalled at the actions of those idiots on the freeway. I am too. But then, there aren't many of us that truly care about liberty when it comes to allowing others to have theirs, are there?

And your condescending comments are really helpful to read. :rolleyes: It was a cute, harmless prank. I'm disgusted by the neo-con cabal sending thousands of my fellow citizens to die or be maimed in Iraq. Why not save some of your vitriol for them instead of fellow supporters?

freedom-maniac
02-03-2008, 01:13 PM
God Bless, God bless..

CasualApathy
02-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks, you made my day.

I know that RP is being suppressed using all kinds of dirty tricks, but that culture is what we are trying to change. We have to be better then that if we are to succeed. I realise that this video doesn't seem that bad, but i believe it is indicative of a deeper trend on these forums. I mentioned the Hannity-incident as another example of the same trend. Even putting up illegal signs is part of it. If we allow ourselves to be provoked into illegal actions, then we loose the high ground, and that will kill the movement. It has happened again and again in almost every anti-establishment movement throughout history. Once the movement develops a culture of confrontation, even if it is only a small subculture, the actions of those few discredit the entire movement. I understand the urge to "fight back" when you are confronted by the arrogance of the powers that be, but all you achieve by it is to expose the entire movement. Ron Paul has been able to achieve everything that he has done because he has never surrendered the high ground. Ultimately i fear that his downfall will be caused by the actions of a few "agent provocateurs" or disgruntled supporters, and the failure of this community to discurage such actions. We simply cannot abandon the principles we are fighting to defend simply because it feels good to get back at those who fight to suppress the ideas of liberty and freedom.

We are non-violence
We respect the rule of law
We must stay true in our struggle

ClayTrainor
02-03-2008, 01:16 PM
This was awesome!

LibertyForAll
02-03-2008, 01:19 PM
hot dog $2
superbowl tickets $400
Video of Ron Paul Blimp on Fox Van......PRICELESS!!

nosebruise
02-03-2008, 01:20 PM
No, except that you are tying the balloon to a moving vehicle in traffic! See any difference there? Just how long do you think that thing is going to stay tied to a vehicle moving at freeway speed? Then when if comes off, where does it go?

Doesn't anyone have a thought beyond the immediate two second future?

So now your only care for other humans is whether or not a court would take it seriously? Well, a cop would. You would be fined. If the balloon came off and caused an accident you can bet this would be taken very seriously.

But none of that is the point. The point is to have RESPECT for others, which the people here clearly do not.

I leave you to your cesspool here. This place is disgusting these days and gets worse every time I see it.

what? it's a balloon. and being placed where it was, and with the short string, it wouldnt even have much air resistance to push it. it is not very likely it would have come off unless he did a REALLY bad job at tying it on.

and if it came off. again, it is a balloon, not a rock. it would come off swirl around a bit and float up into the air.

my goodness you really need to take a few breaths and just think about it objectively. i get the feeling you probably are getting a lot more worked up than the people who drove that van when they found it.

they werent throwing rocks off a bridge. they werent damaging property. the situation was NOT dangerous (other than the guy walking out in the middle of the road to do it, which was again like i said, not a good idea)

its super silly to get your panties in a wad over this. seriously.

Ginobili
02-03-2008, 01:22 PM
I know that RP is being suppressed using all kinds of dirty tricks, but that culture is what we are trying to change. We have to be better then that if we are to succeed. I realise that this video doesn't seem that bad, but i believe it is indicative of a deeper trend on these forums. I mentioned the Hannity-incident as another example of the same trend. Even putting up illegal signs is part of it. If we allow ourselves to be provoked into illegal actions, then we loose the high ground, and that will kill the movement. It has happened again and again in almost every anti-establishment movement throughout history. Once the movement develops a culture of confrontation, even if it is only a small subculture, the actions of those few discredit the entire movement. I understand the urge to "fight back" when you are confronted by the arrogance of the powers that be, but all you achieve by it is to expose the entire movement. Ron Paul has been able to achieve everything that he has done because he has never surrendered the high ground. Ultimately i fear that his downfall will be caused by the actions of a few "agent provocateurs" or disgruntled supporters, and the failure of this community to discurage such actions. We simply cannot abandon the principles we are fighting to defend simply because it feels good to get back at those who fight to suppress the ideas of liberty and freedom.

We are non-violence

Ok, I agree the hanity and such was a bit over-board, and made us look fringe...

...But seriously dude, STFU. Where would the balloons go if they break off... Oh, I dont know... UP? Hellium = ^, and it looked like it still had some hellium, as when it was tied on, it was holding in one area steady in the air. Distraction? Please, posters with hot chicks > Balloon on back of a FAUX truck, distraction wise. You dont like people having fun, and getting a laugh, fine. But seriously, dont assume this is going to some how make every one hate Ron Paul, because unlike you, some people have a sense of humor. Thanks >_>

colin1
02-03-2008, 01:23 PM
what? it's a balloon. and being placed where it was, and with the short string, it wouldnt even have much air resistance to push it. it is not very likely it would have come off unless he did a REALLY bad job at tying it on.

and if it came off. again, it is a balloon, not a rock. it would come off swirl around a bit and float up into the air.

my goodness you really need to take a few breaths and just think about it objectively. i get the feeling you probably are getting a lot more worked up than the people who drove that van when they found it.

they werent throwing rocks off a bridge. they werent damaging property. the situation was NOT dangerous (other than the guy walking out in the middle of the road to do it, which was again like i said, not a good idea)

its super silly to get your panties in a wad over this. seriously.

+1

But we're disgusting and a this forum is a cesspool. :rolleyes:

nosebruise
02-03-2008, 01:26 PM

We are non-violence

i agree with you, but at the same time, some time you really have to have some lighthearted objectivity, and playfulness.

taking EVERYTHING too serious isn't healthy. this didn't harm their property, and its doubtful anyone is going to make a fuss over it.

just put it in some perspective.
i totally understand where you're coming from, but slightly "bending the rules" to have some fun really isn't a big deal, as long as it isnt taken too far and causes some damage.

and as far as "bending the rules go" this was about as bad as putting a pamphlet under a windsheild wiper.

CasualApathy
02-03-2008, 01:36 PM
i agree with you, but at the same time, some time you really have to have some lighthearted objectivity, and playfulness.

taking EVERYTHING too serious isn't healthy. this didn't harm their property, and its doubtful anyone is going to make a fuss over it.

just put it in some perspective.
i totally understand where you're coming from, but slightly "bending the rules" to have some fun really isn't a big deal, as long as it isnt taken too far and causes some damage.

Thank you for seeing my point.

I believe in having fun spreading the message of liberty, but we also have to make a line in the sand that we do not cross. But how about this; Instead of chasing Hannity through the streets shouting profanity, why not follow him around while happily chanting ron paul slogans, passing out flyers and having a blast.

You do realise that Hannity WANTS you to be pissed off right?

DAFTEK
02-03-2008, 01:39 PM
God, would you people get a grip, it was a prank, I'm no teenage and i have to admit that was funny and harmless. They wore in heavy traffic, that was a Fox News van, and the balloon had helium in it so to respond to the person yapping away, the thing would just go up in the air.... :D

angelatc
02-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Yes, please send me into that "ok, that was funny" camp.

nosebruise
02-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Thank you for seeing my point.

I believe in having fun spreading the message of liberty, but we also have to make a line in the sand that we do not cross. But how about this; Instead of chasing Hannity through the streets shouting profanity, why not follow him around while happily chanting ron paul slogans, passing out flyers and having a blast.

You do realise that Hannity WANTS you to be pissed off right?

the hannity thing was something else entirely and much more subjective, because it could be seen as an attack or intimidation. i wasnt talking about the hannity thing, at all. and yeah i think the hannity thing was handled badly. but its a weird situtation.

i wouldnt have cared if they were simply "pissed off at fox" people, because although it's tied to ron paul it's really an agenda of it's own. if those guys wanted to shout profanity around sean hannity, whatever, but don't do it while holding a ron paul sign or associating yourself with paul supporters [which would probably be impossible at that point in time, but i'm just saying hypothetically], because you aren't simply representing yourself at that point, and aren't represenative of the majority of us by any means at all.

but, stuff like this balloon thing is in a completely different ballpark.

CasualApathy
02-03-2008, 01:47 PM
God, would you people get a grip, it was a prank, I'm no teenage and i have to admit that was funny and harmless. They wore in heavy traffic, that was a Fox News van, and the balloon had helium in it so to respond to the person yapping away, the thing would just go up in the air.... :D

So what you are saying is that there is no harm in breaking the law... If that is the general feeling on these forums then we have already been derailed. Im sorry, but I cannot take this so lightly, because I know where that attitude will lead us. I hope this is not the case yet, but i worry about it more and more every day. I want RP to succeed, this is a struggle of ideas, and right now i think we have a battle right here on these forums. We must stay true to our own principles, we simply must.

nosebruise
02-03-2008, 01:51 PM
So what you are saying is that there is no harm in breaking the law... If that is the general feeling on these forums then we have already been derailed. Im sorry, but I cannot take this so lightly, because I know where that attitude will lead us. I hope this is not the case yet, but i worry about it more and more every day. I want RP to succeed, this is a struggle of ideas, and right now i think we have a battle right here on these forums. We must stay true to our own principles, we simply must.

when was the last time you walked across the street without using a designated crosswalk?

LibertyForAll

Ron Paul wants us to have fun at the same time....I think this is a Classic Example of Having Fun.

atthegates
HAHA awesome

DAFTEK
02-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Jesus, calm down, braking the law? I'm sure you can dig some up, putting a slim jim on thousands of windshields is braking the law too isn't it. We have bigger issues to worry about then a simple harmless prank, jeeesh tying a balloon to the back of a van is HUGE DEAL! Comparing the Hannity deal to this is not even close.

boethius27
02-03-2008, 02:08 PM
oh man, there is a CNN van here in my parking lot because of the superbowl today. I wish I had a mini blimp!

CasualApathy
02-03-2008, 02:12 PM
Jesus, calm down, braking the law? I'm sure you can dig some up, putting a slim jim on thousands of windshields is braking the law too isn't it. We have bigger issues to worry about then a simple harmless prank, jeeesh tying a balloon to the back of a van is HUGE DEAL! Comparing the Hannity deal to this is not even close.

But there is no need to do it, that is my whole point. We can have a lot of fun without breaking any laws. I know that the balloon doesn't SEEM like a big deal, but it is. Anything that breaks the law is a big deal when it is applauded on these forums. Our movement is supposed to respect the rule of law, even if we don't agree with the laws. This incident may not seem like a big deal in practical terms, but if you care about principle it is a big deal.

And yes, as i said you can find worse examples, but it all boils down to weather or not it is okay to break the law. The forum guidelines are quite clear on this, no promoting of illegal activities.

Go ahead and ignore me, but know that you are walking a dangerous path if you choose to do so.

nosebruise
02-03-2008, 02:19 PM
when was the last time you walked across the street without using a designated crosswalk?

*cough*

tomveil
02-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Man that's hilarious.

FSP-Rebel
02-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Let's not be a bunch of squares over this.

CasualApathy
02-03-2008, 02:38 PM

Naturally i have done this more often then i can count. In fact i think that we have so many laws that it is impossible not to break any laws at all. However as an individual you are not accountable for my actions, and i am not accountable for yours. It is something else entirely when you have a group of people breaking the law, and others applauding it on a public online forum.
If my voice is silenced and this trend goes on then I will no longer be able to associate myself with these forums, and others like me who believe in peaceful, legal change will find it difficult as well. Why? Because by simply visiting these forums and not speaking out against this, I am guilty of silent consent.

FSP-Rebel
02-03-2008, 02:51 PM
CasualAp, it seems that you don't want to be associated with pranksters, but what about the KKK folks looming around this movement (which I don't like but can do nothing about)? You have to know that with all the BS we've been through in the last year, they had this coming. Tying a plastic blimp to the back of their van is a far cry from doing any damage to the van which would be reprehensible. No property rights were violated as far as I can see. I understand your concern, but think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill on this one. $.02

CasualApathy
02-03-2008, 03:01 PM
CasualAp, it seems that you don't want to be associated with pranksters, but what about the KKK folks looming around this movement (which I don't like but can do nothing about)? You have to know that with all the BS we've been through in the last year, they had this coming. Tying a plastic blimp to the back of their van is a far cry from doing any damage to the van which would be reprehensible. No property rights were violated as far as I can see. I understand your concern, but think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill on this one. $.02

Thank you for your understanding.

As I said, this video doesn't seem so bad, but I am not argueing that. I am argueing from the principled position of respecting the rule of law. I realise that i could have taken this rant to any number of threads, like the ones talking about armed revolution, but the principle remains the same, as does my criticim. I posted in this thread because any time we applaud violations of the law on these forum, no matter how "innocent", it pulls our movement in the wrong direction.

tnvoter
02-03-2008, 03:02 PM
rofl

CasualApathy
02-03-2008, 03:03 PM
rofl

Make fun, buddy.

nosebruise
02-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Naturally i have done this more often then i can count. In fact i think that we have so many laws that it is impossible not to break any laws at all. However as an individual you are not accountable for my actions, and i am not accountable for yours. It is something else entirely when you have a group of people breaking the law, and others applauding it on a public online forum.
If my voice is silenced and this trend goes on then I will no longer be able to associate myself with these forums, and others like me who believe in peaceful, legal change will find it difficult as well. Why? Because by simply visiting these forums and not speaking out against this, I am guilty of silent consent.

i didnt see a group of people tying a balloon to that vehicle. and i'm not condoning the actions. i said it wasnt the smartest thing to do but i didnt think it was a big deal. that is "something else entirely" as well.

your voice is in no way silenced, you just dont like the fact that most people aren't agreeing with you that this was some massive infringement of the law. and that there is nothing that was less than "peaceful" in that video. he didnt hit the car with a baseball bat. he didnt attack the driver. he tied a balloon to a ladder.

So would you think it was bad if i said i didn't care if you crossed the street on what i think was a silly, completely unneccesary law?

what if it was crossing the street without a crosswalk cause you thought someone was hurt on the other side of the street?

this absolutism is not a good outlook. the law is the law is what gets you into the mess of enveloping dissimilar situations into a single framework, which is what we're trying to avoid by bringing power back to the states, giving the situations of smaller groups more power to govern themselves.

i completely understand where you are coming from, and i agree with you to an extent, but you really shouldnt be such an absolutist. if its not harmful there isnt much harm in letting it slide. things arent always so black and white and looking at them that way can be just as "dangerous" as ignoring law altogether.

just because i think it is funny and not harmful doesn't mean i condone it either. i wouldn't recommend all ron paul supporters go out and tie balloons to fox vans. but i dont see this instance as a big deal either, and i can laugh at it if i find it humorous.

you are making a continent out of a molehill. no one was hurt in this, no one was injured. no damage was done to any property. you are probably making a bigger deal about this than the people who drove that van. they probably had a laugh that someone managed to tie that on while they were driving without them noticing.

CasualApathy
02-03-2008, 03:47 PM
i didnt see a group of people tying a balloon to that vehicle. and i'm not condoning the actions. i said it wasnt the smartest thing to do but i didnt think it was a big deal. that is "something else entirely" as well.

your voice is in no way silenced, you just dont like the fact that most people aren't agreeing with you that this was some massive infringement of the law. and that there is nothing that was less than "peaceful" in that video. he didnt hit the car with a baseball bat. he didnt attack the driver. he tied a balloon to a ladder.

So would you think it was bad if i said i didn't care if you crossed the street on what i think was a silly, completely unneccesary law?

what if it was crossing the street without a crosswalk cause you thought someone was hurt on the other side of the street?

this absolutism is not a good outlook. the law is the law is what gets you into the mess of enveloping dissimilar situations into a single framework, which is what we're trying to avoid by bringing power back to the states, giving the situations of smaller groups more power to govern themselves.

i completely understand where you are coming from, and i agree with you to an extent, but you really shouldnt be such an absolutist. if its not harmful there isnt much harm in letting it slide. things arent always so black and white and looking at them that way can be just as "dangerous" as ignoring law altogether.

just because i think it is funny and not harmful doesn't mean i condone it either. i wouldn't recommend all ron paul supporters go out and tie balloons to fox vans. but i dont see this instance as a big deal either, and i can laugh at it if i find it humorous.

you are making a continent out of a molehill. no one was hurt in this, no one was injured. no damage was done to any property. you are probably making a bigger deal about this than the people who drove that van. they probably had a laugh that someone managed to tie that on while they were driving without them noticing.

I believe you are correct , I will even agree that I am making a big deal out of a small incident. However I must stay true to my own values all of the time, not just most of the time, otherwise they have no meaning. I believe in peaceful change within the boundaries of the law, and that is what i will keep fighting for in this movement. I probably am an absolutist in this regard, but that is also because i know what is at stake. This Revolution is probably the best shot we will ever get to really change things, and stuff like this and the Hannity-incident don't help our cause, it exposes us to being attacked and condemned, and justifiably so.

The MSM is going to keep waving that red flag in our face, hoping that we do something stupid, keeping us distracted and disorganised. The whole mentality of this revolution is being shifted towards the simple "us vs. them" attitude, which is just what the MSM wants. They WANT us to waste our energy fighting them, because then they have some measure of control and relevance. If you really want to scare the MSM then we shouldn't be fighting them at all. Instead we should be spreading the message on the streets and online. We are in the mindset of rebelling against the MSM, which is very natural, but it still makes us dependant on the MSM, because they are the focus of our attention.

We need to stay smart and keep our eye on the target.

Aldanga
02-03-2008, 03:50 PM
LOL

That was awesome.

nosebruise
02-03-2008, 04:10 PM
I believe you are correct , I will even agree that I am making a big deal out of a small incident. However I must stay true to my own values all of the time, not just most of the time, otherwise they have no meaning. I believe in peaceful change within the boundaries of the law, and that is what i will keep fighting for in this movement. I probably am an absolutist in this regard, but that is also because i know what is at stake. This Revolution is probably the best shot we will ever get to really change things, and stuff like this and the Hannity-incident don't help our cause, it exposes us to being attacked and condemned, and justifiably so.

The MSM is going to keep waving that red flag in our face, hoping that we do something stupid, keeping us distracted and disorganised. The whole mentality of this revolution is being shifted towards the simple "us vs. them" attitude, which is just what the MSM wants. They WANT us to waste our energy fighting them, because then they have some measure of control and relevance. If you really want to scare the MSM then we shouldn't be fighting them at all. Instead we should be spreading the message on the streets and online. We are in the mindset of rebelling against the MSM, which is very natural, but it still makes us dependant on the MSM, because they are the focus of our attention.

We need to stay smart and keep our eye on the target.

well i agree with your values, as i hold the generally the same values. i just dont find tying a balloon to a ladder to be crossing the line. i would totally be on your side if they had spray painted "ron paul 4 prez" on the back of that van, but tying a balloon, imo, is about as harmless as if they could somehow manage to run up and stick a pamphlet under the window wiper without being noticed.

i can also appreciate the humor and lightheartedness of what was done, as opposed to what something actually aggressive would have been. they didnt wait for the van to park and slash their tires. they didnt spray paint the van. they didnt even follow the reporters and yell profanity at them.

they tied a balloon to the ladder.

if you are so against the "us vs them" attitude against the MSM, why are you "me vs them"ing this entire situation, thats taking it even a step further and taking away from your ronpaultime to scold his supporters, much LESS someone who is actually against ron in the race. if you truly thought that you should have just completely ignored this and worried about yourself.

i would completely understand if i thought this was something damaging or harmful. but when i see it, to me its a completely harmless joke. an ill advised one, perhaps, but harmless nonetheless.

DGambler
02-03-2008, 09:49 PM
I love property rights, but that was some funny stuff right there!