PDA

View Full Version : Lots of radio and TV ads in Alaska

Xenophage
02-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Just in case anyone wants to know what the RP exposure is like in Alaska, the most listened to radio station out where I live has 3 Ron Paul ads playing per hour, every hour for the last several days, paid for all the way through Tuesday.

Local grassroots made the advertisements and they sound great.

Our local NBC affiliate is also playing lots of Ron Paul ads from the national campaign. I haven't seen any ads by any other candidates on T.V., or heard any other ads on radio.

Local support for Ron Paul is very strong and it seems to grow daily. Lots of grassroots stuff going on here... we've got some very active, very cool people working here and the organizer from national HQ that has been working with my meetup group has been tremendous.

Even some old timer GOP types are pro Ron Paul up here, where I know that may be a rarity in other states.

We've got plenty of signs and we've canvassed a lot. We've written letters to the newspapers, and we've had full page ads run in local publications.

All that said, I don't expect us to win by a landslide. Its going to be a real battle at the caucuses on Tuesday. I know a lot of people have high hopes for Alaska, as do I, but I just wanted to let you all know that we've been doing our part here regardless of the outcome. With 29 total delegates to the national convention, our contribution per capita is quite large.

I don't think I've given away any super secret plans to the enemy here =) Just wanted to boost morale for everyone from out of state that's been lurking in here for news!

Sarkin
02-03-2008, 09:55 AM
That's great, especially that the grassroots are doing most of the advertising. Saves the campaign money, and shows the strength of the grassroot support.

DFF
02-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Awesome. I've heard about Ron's appeal up in Alaska and that he's got a damn good chance of taking the state. :D

Sey.Naci
02-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Are there any important local endorsements?

Xenophage
02-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Are there any important local endorsements?

are there any important local people?

lol

seawolf
02-03-2008, 06:30 PM
I have read other threads that state their deep concern about Rpmney Supporters who are massing for the caucus and also the Right to Life Supporters who are backing Huckabee.

Bring all the RP Supporters you can to the caucus's. Don't assume anything...

Just remember Louisiana and Maine. The Right to Life Pro Family Slate surprised the RP Louisiana Supporters and Romney sent up his entire staff from Boston to orchestrate the Maine win.

Good luck but again know your opponents. You should not be surprised this time.

Xenophage
02-04-2008, 04:17 AM
I personally won't be surprised by anything. I've been lurking around these threads far too much.

noztnac
02-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Awesome. I've heard about Ron's appeal up in Alaska and that he's got a damn good chance of taking the state. :D

I've heard that about every state so far.:mad:

RonPaulFTW08
02-05-2008, 02:59 AM
Just in case anyone wants to know what the RP exposure is like in Alaska, the most listened to radio station out where I live has 3 Ron Paul ads playing per hour, every hour for the last several days, paid for all the way through Tuesday.

Local grassroots made the advertisements and they sound great.

Our local NBC affiliate is also playing lots of Ron Paul ads from the national campaign. I haven't seen any ads by any other candidates on T.V., or heard any other ads on radio.

Local support for Ron Paul is very strong and it seems to grow daily. Lots of grassroots stuff going on here... we've got some very active, very cool people working here and the organizer from national HQ that has been working with my meetup group has been tremendous.

Even some old timer GOP types are pro Ron Paul up here, where I know that may be a rarity in other states.

We've got plenty of signs and we've canvassed a lot. We've written letters to the newspapers, and we've had full page ads run in local publications.

All that said, I don't expect us to win by a landslide. Its going to be a real battle at the caucuses on Tuesday. I know a lot of people have high hopes for Alaska, as do I, but I just wanted to let you all know that we've been doing our part here regardless of the outcome. With 29 total delegates to the national convention, our contribution per capita is quite large.

I don't think I've given away any super secret plans to the enemy here =) Just wanted to boost morale for everyone from out of state that's been lurking in here for news!

Envious, very envious of your ads. We only have radio ads down here in CA. A few people mentioned they've seen a tv ad or 2 on msnbc but I haven't seen any, as little TV as I watch anyways. I did see some very inspirational *puke* hillary and obama commercials on tv.

We've been working Irvine real hard, and Im sure TV ads would have helped tremendously. Oh well this part of the Revolution is complete, tomorrow I go watch the polls and ballot counting...

Go Ron Paul!

Perry
02-05-2008, 03:04 AM
I don't listen to the radio but my wife says she's been hearing a great deal of Ron Paul ads at work. We live in Southeast AK.