PDA

View Full Version : A Peaceful way we Citizens can end the Income Tax

Truth-Bringer
02-03-2008, 09:46 AM
This can be used for the Income Tax, a Draft, Marijuana, or any unjust law.

In our country, the United States Supreme Court is not the final authority on law - the Citizen is, through jury nullification. This is another check the Founders wanted against government power. Our present-day corrupt judiciary doesn't want people to know this, because they obviously lose power as a result, but that is precisely what the Founders intended:

"It is not only [the juror's] right, but his duty...to find the verdict according to his own best understanding, judgment, and conscience, though in direct opposition to the direction of the court." - John Adams, 1771

".....it is usual for the jurors to decide the fact, and to refer the law arising on it to the decision of the judges. But this division of the subject lies with their discretion only. And if the question relate to any point of public liberty, or if it be one of those in which the judges may be suspected of bias, the jury undertake to decide both law and fact." - Thomas Jefferson, "Notes on Virginia," 1782

"Another apprehension [about the French Revolution] is, that a majority cannot be induced to adopt the trial by jury; and I consider that as the only anchor ever yet imagined by man, by which a government can be held to the principles of its constitution...." - Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Tom Paine, 1789

"It is presumed, that juries are the best judges of facts; it is, on the other hand, presumed that courts are the best judges of law. But still both objects are within your power of decision.....you have a right to take it upon yourselves to judge of both, and to determine the law as well as the fact in controversy." - Supreme Court Chief Justice John Jay, Georgia v. Brailsford, 1794

"Jurors should acquit, even against the judge's instruction...if exercising their judgement with discretion and honesty they have a clear conviction that the charge of the court is wrong." - Alexander Hamilton, 1804

"Petty juries, consisting usually of twelve men, attend courts to try matters of fact in civil causes, and to decide both the law and the fact in criminal prosecutions. The decision of a petty jury is called a verdict." - Noah Webster, Dictionary of the English Language, 1828

"If the jury feels the law is unjust, we recognize the undisputed power of the jury to acquit, even if its verdict is contrary to the law as given by a judge, and contrary to the evidence...If the jury feels that the law under which the defendant is accused is unjust, or that exigent circumstances justified the actions of the accused, or for any reason which appeals to their logic or passion, the jury has the power to acquit, and the courts must abide by that decision." - 4th Circuit Court of Appeals, United States v. Moylan, 1969

"[The jury has an] unreviewable and irreversible power...to acquit in disregard of the instructions on the law given by the trial judge...The pages of history shine on instances of the jury's exercise of its prerogative to disregard uncontradicted evidence and instructions of the judge; for example, acquittals under the fugitive slave law." - D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, Unites States v. Dougherty, 1972

"The jury has the power to bring a verdict in the teeth of both the law and the facts." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Horning v. District of Columbia, 1920

"It is universally conceded that a verdict of acquittal, although rendered against the instructions of the judge, is final, and cannot be set aside; and consequently that the jury have the legal power to decide for themselves the law involved in the general issues of guilty or not guilty." - Justices Gray and Shiras, Sparf and Hansen v. United States, 1894, dissent

http://www.crfc.org/americanjury/nullification.html

http://www.fija.org

So EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS!

IPSecure
02-05-2008, 01:29 AM
The country is loaded:

http://www.cafr1.com/

sb10
02-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Read about it here.

http://libertytax08.com/

Truth-Bringer
10-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the replies.

pcosmar
10-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Tell it to the Browns. :(
http://www.infowars.com/ed-and-elaine-brown-convicted-in-plot-to-defend-themselves/

Truth-Bringer
10-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Tell it to the Browns. :(

We've got to tell it to all Americans, so that we can prevent what happened to the Browns from happening again.

squarepusher
10-07-2009, 01:00 PM
great information here, makes me want to stand on jury duty

heavenlyboy34
10-07-2009, 01:22 PM
I thought that several of the founders considered nullification "treasonous", if I remember my history right. :eek:

Deborah K
10-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Off topic a tad, did anyone here ever see 'A Time to Kill' ? Talk about jury nullification. Great OP. Thanks.

Truth-Bringer
10-07-2009, 02:37 PM
I thought that several of the founders considered nullification "treasonous", if I remember my history right. :eek:

If you claim that's the case, then you need to produce and present some evidence to back it up.

All the evidence I have seen shows that the Founders fully supported jury nullification.

Civilradiant_palm_pre
10-07-2009, 02:59 PM
i'll admit I didn't know what jury nullification was till I just looked it up, makes me angry i've been put on a case.

Truth-Bringer
10-07-2009, 03:12 PM
i'll admit I didn't know what jury nullification was till I just looked it up,

Great. You just learned something very important.

makes me angry i've been put on a case.

You're currently on a case? Am I understanding you correctly? If so, don't be angry. Why would you be angry? If it's a situation where someone's rights have been violated, or you consider the law unjust in the matter, you can use your standing as a juror to make a difference.

virgil47
10-07-2009, 07:52 PM
In order to remove the unfair tax burden on the citizens of the U.S. without resorting to armed revolution we need to elect enough people to public office at county, state and federal levels who believe the income tax in not only unjust but also unconstitutional. Unfortunately these elections need to happen soon and all at once. The income tax can not be repealed by piecemeal actions. If the 2010 elections do not result in a major change of personnel in the senate and the house the tax will most likely never be repealed peacefully.

I am afraid that their are to many bought and paid for slaves in our society for this to happen. The problem as I see it is we must do away with the welfare state in order to stop the slaves from voting for their masters. If that can be accomplished the members of society that actually work for a living will quickly insure a change of personnel.

Deborah K
10-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Truth Bringer do you know who Marcy Brooks is?

Reason
10-08-2009, 01:59 AM
i'll admit I didn't know what jury nullification was till I just looked it up, makes me angry i've been put on a case.

*makes me angry i've never been put on a case

Truth-Bringer
10-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Truth Bringer do you know who Marcy Brooks is?

Not until I just searched her name. (http://yannone.blogspot.com/2006/08/jury-that-took-on-irs.html) Thanks for that. Was she the lady interviewed in "America: Freedom to Fascism"?

Deborah K
10-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Yep. Tried to find a clip of her interview regarding Whitey's court case but couldn't. Marcy spoke at the RevMarch about jury nullification. I got to know her, she is a very nice lady, she really loves our country.

Truth-Bringer
10-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Yep. Tried to find a clip of her interview regarding Whitey's court case but couldn't. Marcy spoke at the RevMarch about jury nullification. I got to know her, she is a very nice lady, she really loves our country.

Great. She needs to get involved with the Assembly, as do you (as all Ron Paul supporters for that matter). Give Warren a call at 1-888-318-9379.

Deborah K
10-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Not until I just searched her name. (http://yannone.blogspot.com/2006/08/jury-that-took-on-irs.html) Thanks for that. Was she the lady interviewed in "America: Freedom to Fascism"?

Here she is:

YouTube - America Freedom To Fascism (05of11) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2nclI-NbFE&feature=related)

KenInMontiMN
10-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Do you have the courage to put your head into the guillotine, entrusting a jury to nullify? That's the real question - because you will have to choose between facing potential severe penalty or caving in to a lighter plea deal. You must make this decision knowing full well that the judge will tell the jury they may not consider the worthiness of the law itself, that judgment and interpretation of the law belongs solely to the court, and the jury may only consider the facts (which will also be run through the judicial strainer, so that the jury hears only what the judge decides they may hear). Our problem here in MN is that 12 years ago they quietly stripped the average citizen of the ability to get on the ballot, for the elected office of judge, county attorney, or county sheriff. Now you must be licensed to get on the ballot for these positions. Certainly most of the time the citizenry will elect people that hold those credentials anyway - but something very valuable was discarded when we lost the ability to directly challenge these judicial and executive officers, they no longer have to concern themselves over public displeasure, they know they will not face elective challenges directly from the general citizenry.

KenInMontiMN
10-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Every liberty-minded American should absolutely never plea out to victimless 'crime' (social engineering masquerading as criminal prosecution), in doing so you enable mass-prosecution and blanket, saturation enforcement to continue. If each and every American charged in such matters took the thing to jury trial, that in and of itself, regardless of outcome, would immediately force govt to a return to the application of sound, reasonable and liberal discretion, in order to trim the caseloads to a manageable level. Victimless stuff would have to be dropped in order to handle the cases where citizens actually victimized demanded redress of injustice.

Truth-Bringer
12-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Every liberty-minded American should absolutely never plea out to victimless 'crime' (social engineering masquerading as criminal prosecution), in doing so you enable mass-prosecution and blanket, saturation enforcement to continue. If each and every American charged in such matters took the thing to jury trial, that in and of itself, regardless of outcome, would immediately force govt to a return to the application of sound, reasonable and liberal discretion, in order to trim the caseloads to a manageable level. Victimless stuff would have to be dropped in order to handle the cases where citizens actually victimized demanded redress of injustice.

That would definitely be a good course of action, but it appears many Americans are just "saying no" to prosecuting people for victimless crimes:

Missoula District Court: Jury pool in marijuana case stages ‘mutiny’ (http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/article_d6b1aaca-edfc-527f-ad11-f1691fdc6e3b.html)