PDA

View Full Version : The wait is over! It took over 250 hours to complete, but it is NOW READY...

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 09:17 AM
The wait is over! It took over 250 hours to complete, but it is NOW READY...

Why is this such a big deal? Let me tell you.

Marc Scibilia's song Hope Anthem has gone ballistic, at least amongst Ron Paul people. Marc Scibilia loves Ron Paul. We had a thought. What if we made a really crazy music video, something so illusionary, something that played with the mind, so that it had the potential to go viral and inform millions about Ron Paul. This is what we have tried to do. The video was shot by Julian Smith, a renowned Nashville filmmaker whose credits include Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi.

Now we don't know if we have succeeded or not, that will be up to you and others to decide. but having just seen it on YouTube, I must say, "I" personally could not believe my eyes... It was one of those "WHAT THE F***" moments.

Marc just hopes that by linking to Ron Paul in the YouTube SideBar, we can hopefully get a great many people to check out Dr Paul after watching the video. We're also very aware that if we put "Ron Paul" in the lyrics like other artists have, it has zero potential to go viral, but this song was written for one purpose only, to encourage and further the revolution.

The new Music Video for Hope Anthem is HERE!! (YouTube) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jClDXAv7BUM)

DIGG it!! (http://digg.com/music/Hope_Anthem_Music_Video_by_Marc_Scibilia_crazy_stu ff)

Please comment and favorite the video.

Download the song and lyrics free: http://HopeAnthem.com

UPDATE: I convinced Marc to severely discount his new CD, Fixity, for Ron Paul supporters ONLY. He can't afford for everyone to get it at this price, so please only post this link on Ron Paul sites. http://www.marcscibilia.com/product/2557.htm

UPDATE TWO: Marc Scibilia has committed to play at the DC March!

Paulitical Correctness
02-03-2008, 09:22 AM
+1

KewlRonduderules
02-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Very nice.

:)

Myerz
02-03-2008, 09:25 AM
^^^

Grundloven
02-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Stunned, I am.

Phantom
02-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Great song, excellent video.

Well worth the wait.

Thank You!

ATS
02-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Cool!!!

btwilli1
02-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Maybe its just me, but I was expecting something else besides watching the guy sing and play the guitar. This isn't going to go viral.

Phantom
02-03-2008, 09:35 AM
RonPaulVolunteer, do you have a copy of the lyrics so we can all sing along to the song?

Paulitical Correctness
02-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Maybe its just me, but I was expecting something else besides watching the guy sing and play the guitar. This isn't going to go viral.

But he also played the piano, bass, drum, tambourine, and a second guitar. :p

homah
02-03-2008, 09:38 AM

I like the song, but I was picturing something different for the video. I'm not understanding how this could take 250 hours to make.

edit -- I am retarded. It's the same guy on all the instruments. I'm slow, coffee time.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 09:40 AM
I like the song, but I was picturing something different for the video. I'm not understanding how this could take 250 hours to make.

edit -- I am retarded. It's the same guy on all the instruments. I'm slow, coffee time.

Hehe.....

Paulitical Correctness
02-03-2008, 09:42 AM
RonPaulVolunteer, do you have a copy of the lyrics so we can all sing along to the song?

The freedom sound rings past politics and all its empty words
Cant be put down, the broken bell will be heard

Would you listen to a poet or a prophet
Journal all this worlds injustice or try and stop it
Can you feel the com'n change, though hell is here today
Hope is on its way

Quiet on the set, their always acting, keeping posture and poise
Lets bring an end to the tyrants and the good o'l boys

Can you feel a com'n change, though hell is here today
Hope is on its way

You can hear them now, the careless and the callused wake'n up
Those underground, need a save'n some way out of their rut

Hope is on its way

Hope is on its way

Hope is on its way

Phantom
02-03-2008, 09:44 AM
Thank you Paulitical Correctness. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

constitutional
02-03-2008, 09:50 AM
lol, that was least of what I expected after all this hype you built around it.

btwilli1
02-03-2008, 09:50 AM
I guess I was expecting some images of hope and freedom/liberty maybe Dr. Paul. Soldiers coming home.

It's a cool video, but unless Dr. Paul is in it, I don't think people will understand what message we are trying to send. Obama could pick this up =) say its his anthem.

mexicanpizza
02-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Good song, cool video.

But I'm sick and tired of people trying to promote themselves on the back of Ron Paul.

Paulitical Correctness
02-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Good song, cool video.

But I'm sick and tired of people trying to promote themselves on the back of Ron Paul.

Actually, I think he's trying to promote Ron Paul on his back. :eek:

mexicanpizza
02-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Actually, I think he's trying to promote Ron Paul on his back. :eek:

With all those references to Ron Paul in the video? :confused:

I don't want to diminish your work, as I think the song/video kicks ass.

btwilli1
02-03-2008, 10:02 AM
I thought there was a contest? Am I thinking about a different one?

Onyx
02-03-2008, 10:03 AM
LOL I didn't notice that it was the same guy on all instruments!!! Wow well done!!! Looks real

sinjo
02-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Where's the suspended TV, maybe at an angle for viewing by the guy playing the piano, in the background showing the revolution marching for Dr. Paul in all/some of the different cities/states? Or the revolution banner with marching paraphernalia hanging from the back wall like you just came from the march and wanted to hop on the instruments to jam?

I agree about the lyrics, but with the video - come on, need to see the revolution in action that the subconscious will pick up on for each viewer!

Like others have stated - Great song! Keep up the good work!

My $.02

Paulitical Correctness
02-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Where's the suspended TV, maybe at an angle for viewing by the guy playing the piano, in the background showing the revolution marching for Dr. Paul in all/some of the different cities/states? Or the revolution banner with marching paraphernalia hanging from the back wall like you just came from the march and wanted to hop on the instruments to jam?

I agree about the lyrics, but with the video - come on, need to see the revolution in action that the subconscious will pick up on for each viewer!

Like others have stated - Great song! Keep up the good work!

My $.02

We're also very aware that if we put "Ron Paul" in the lyrics like other artists have, it has zero potential to go viral, but this song was written for one purpose only, to encourage and further the revolution.

This goes for the video, as well.

DAFTEK
02-03-2008, 10:16 AM
But he also played the piano, bass, drum, tambourine, and a second guitar. :p

lol Me and my daughter caught that after watching it a few times :D Awesome work and makes me proud to be a part of the grassroots ;) Thanks Marc!

corsairtro
02-03-2008, 10:21 AM
i like it

Convert
02-03-2008, 10:54 AM
I love this song! I put it on my iPod and emailed it to some friends with a note about Ron Paul.

kutibah
02-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Great song!

kigol
02-03-2008, 11:05 AM
sounds good.

airborne373
02-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Great job! Very professional looking and sounding. Ignore the critics, there is nothing so cheap as criticism.

Agora
02-03-2008, 11:21 AM
awesome song & video! 5 stars+favorite+comm. :)

Lisa S
02-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Very cool song!

amy31416
02-03-2008, 11:41 AM
I dugg it like a dog digs a bone. Very Dylanesque, but better. Faved, commented, rated.

mysticgeek
02-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Very cool tune YO! RON PAUL!

mysticgeek
02-03-2008, 11:49 AM
OH COOL! He has the all of the individual tracks on this website:
http://hopeanthem.com/index.html

So for the musically inclined here ... we can do remixes... AWSOME! We should start a thread for that!

UtahApocalypse
02-03-2008, 11:51 AM
I must admit the first time I heard this song I was not impressed at all. But, this cut was very clean and nice. I could imagine hearing this on the radio.

yongrel
02-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Awesome! I really like the song and the video.

paulette
02-03-2008, 12:10 PM
Great job!

EvoPro
02-03-2008, 12:24 PM
nice editing. The song sounds good too.

TheDHC
02-03-2008, 12:26 PM
very creative, you've got some talent son

A Ron Paul Rebel
thanks Marc, I have your CD (from the January 8th Rye party)
and it still rocks!!!

Glad to see the video, it's SWEET man!

Hunter

hatefalseweight
Amazing, amazing ! Just heard about him 5 weeks ago and he puts something like this together. Very enjoyable tune, lots of work, inspirational.

kyleAF
02-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Wow. That's some good video editing...

You should definitely play up the multi-instrument part in your ads for it

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 01:04 PM
OH COOL! He has the all of the individual tracks on this website:
http://hopeanthem.com/index.html

So for the musically inclined here ... we can do remixes... AWSOME! We should start a thread for that!

Yep, and check out http://OpenSourceTrack.com

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 02:03 PM
bump

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 02:51 PM
bump

liam
02-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Looked for it on Itunes but its not there to download

N13
02-03-2008, 03:12 PM
I like.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Looked for it on Itunes but its not there to download

Well it will be there in the next week, but you'd have to PAY for it. Why do that when you can download it FREE?? http://HopeAnthem.com

misconstrued
02-03-2008, 03:34 PM
The campaign needs to use this song in their videos/commercials. The best one I've heard yet... :)

Crickett
02-03-2008, 03:35 PM
We're also very aware that if we put "Ron Paul" in the lyrics like other artists have, it has zero potential to go viral, but this song was written for one purpose only, to encourage and further the revolution.

This goes for the video, as well.

Come Onnnnnnnnnnn.......ONE 'vote for Ron Pau'l sign on the wall in the back??
One 'guy' wearing a RP t-shirt? Just ONE guitar showing a RP bumper sticker? No?

why not???????????????

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 04:00 PM
One 'guy' wearing a RP t-shirt? Just ONE guitar showing a RP bumper sticker? No?

why not???????????????

Because as Ron Paul repeatedly says, this is not his revolution, it's ours! And if we want this on MTV, which is our aim, we're not going to get there with a Ron Paul anything in the shot. The lyrics speak for themselves, they summarize the revolution perfectly. In my opinion.

Russellk30
02-03-2008, 04:01 PM

why not???????????????

Yes, I definitely agree. With the numerous references to "Hope" some people might confuse "hope fore America" with "The audacity of hope." I’m sure some subtle references to the freedom movement wouldn’t take away from the quality of the video. Maybe a couple constitutions or here and there, or using "Pennsylvanian Prophet," but at least something.

It was great quality though.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Yes, I definitely agree. With the numerous references to "Hope" some people might confuse "hope fore America" with "The audacity of hope." I’m sure some subtle references to the freedom movement wouldn’t take away from the quality of the video. Maybe a couple constitutions or here and there, or using "Pennsylvanian Prophet," but at least something.

It was great quality though.

Have you guys gone to the site? There's little doubt we're pushing Ron Paul when the background of the entire site is the Constitution, we talk about Ron Paul everywhere, and we use the r3VOLution logo. Pretty obvious. First you get people's attention, THEN you share your message.

billyjoeallen
02-03-2008, 04:08 PM
I hope he can cast six votes for Dr. Paul!

humanic
02-03-2008, 04:16 PM
I appreciate the effort very much, though I think THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQpeldFJG_Y)song and video is much better.

"This song was written and performed at CAMELOT CASTLE, ENGLAND. It is dedicated to RON PAUL and is a tribute to the wonderful work that he is doing."

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 04:19 PM
I hope he can cast six votes for Dr. Paul!

LOL...

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 04:22 PM
I appreciate the effort very much, though I think THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQpeldFJG_Y)song and video is much better.

"This song was written and performed at CAMELOT CASTLE, ENGLAND. It is dedicated to RON PAUL and is a tribute to the wonderful work that he is doing."

Um, well, each to his own hu!

humanic
02-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Um, well, each to his own hu!

Hey, don't act so stunned... I thought you said it was up to me to decide? :P

Now we don't know if we have succeeded or not, that will be up to you and others to decide.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Hey, don't act so stunned... I thought you said it was up to me to decide? :P

Hey, I'm not going to put down another artist's work, but it sure is not my style... :)

Russellk30
02-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Have you guys gone to the site? There's little doubt we're pushing Ron Paul when the background of the entire site is the Constitution, we talk about Ron Paul everywhere, and we use the r3VOLution logo. Pretty obvious. First you get people's attention, THEN you share your message.

I dont doubt that this is an effort to promote the movement, I am just concernced that because it is vague to anybody that is not a Ron Paul supporter, the song will just be hijacked by the Obamaheads.

I hope you are right though,

If you havent dugg this song yet, remember to do so.

htt p://digg.com/music/Hope_Anthem_Music_Video_by_Marc_Scibilia_crazy_stu ff

MikeStanart
02-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Great video.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 05:58 PM
+!

isleofus
02-03-2008, 06:03 PM
:D

expatinireland
02-03-2008, 06:07 PM
I like Marc's Hope Anthem very much and the video is interesting as well.

I also like A Song for Ron Paul but it is good in a totally different way.

Aimee Allen also has her entry with The Ron Paul Revolution Theme Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cJWbPd1Pyw) which really rocks imo.

Aimee was working on her own video to accompany the song but that effort faded for some reason but her behind the scenes of the ron paul revolution theme song part 1 (http://www.filmulete.webro.info/video-eKHow9TCwBQ-behind+the+scenes+ron+paul+revolution+theme+song+p art+1.html) and part 2 (http://www.filmulete.webro.info/video-k9MDyl8xq9I-behind+the+scenes+ron+paul+revolution+theme+song+p art+2.html) are still available for viewing.

All 3 songs are excellent in their own right and have their own place. I hope the strategy for Marc's song works out the way you think it might and I also wish that what ever blocked Aimee Allen's video could be unblocked.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 06:10 PM
I like Marc's Hope Anthem very much and the video is interesting as well.

Aimee was working on her own video to accompany the song but that effort faded for some reason

Read = MUSIC LABEL

Exactly why Marc turned down SONY BMG a year ago. If he was signed, we could not have done this!

And why Marc and I started this: http://OpenSourceTrack.com

expatinireland
02-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Read = MUSIC LABEL

Exactly why Marc turned down SONY BMG a year ago. If he was signed, we could not have done this!

And why Marc and I started this: http://OpenSourceTrack.com

RPV,

I don't know anything about the music industry but your venture looks interesting.

Do the Labels really attempt to control artist's creative and personal lives as you are implying? Sounds like that calls for a revolution in it's own right by the creative people. If you have any links to anything written about this I would appreciate it.

I must say I was really stunned when Aimee's support just evaporated as I felt that Aimee was in the process of bringing some support, in a very professional way, from the artistic and creative sphere of the body politic.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 08:54 PM
+!

RonPaulVolunteer
02-03-2008, 09:52 PM
+1

JAM824A
02-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Neat-o...!

thuja
02-03-2008, 10:08 PM
very very nice.

BreakYourChains
02-03-2008, 10:12 PM

Personally, I thought it was unbelievable! Same guy (Mark the singer/songwriter) seamlessly playing everything and doing everything. It will go viral. It is also a great song, and this young man is already famous to us!

ShowMeLiberty
02-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Amazing video - excellent song! It was worth every minute it took to make. I'm going to send the link to everyone when I remind them to vote on Tuesday!

Russellk30
02-03-2008, 10:31 PM

BreakYourChains
02-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Bump. Please favorite, rate, comment and digg from link above.

FreestarMediaDotCom
02-03-2008, 10:50 PM
CallTalkRadioForRon.com

Great song, Great video!

Now it's time to...

CallTalkRadioForRon.com

Bryan
02-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Wonderful... this is what we need.

Original_Intent
02-03-2008, 11:37 PM
How the hell did he hand the guitar to himself? I liked where the guitar player and the piano player swapped instruments too, that was nice work.

I am not sure people will get that it is about Ron paul, but it is an awesome song and video.

Russellk30
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM

Closing in on 110 diggs, not buried.

JAM824A
02-03-2008, 11:55 PM

I, personally, think it is very cool -- is that the requirement for things to go "viral?

RonPaulVolunteer
02-04-2008, 12:43 AM
I, personally, think it is very cool -- is that the requirement for things to go "viral?

We're hoping so...

Russellk30
02-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Blimp

revolutionary8
02-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Maintenance on Youtube right now, so can't add and comment, but I love it. :)

Marc makes me imagine a Bob and Jakob Dylan morphed together at the same time in their separate lives- a sort of harmony in tradtional and modern views with the same objective, same blood in their veins, and the same voice shouting from within-- HOPE, PEACE AND TRUTH!. :)

Russellk30
02-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Just made popular on Digg.

praxisseizure
02-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Beautiful. I'm a huge cynic, but that touched me.

ClayTrainor
02-04-2008, 01:07 AM
That was great Marc... i think you'll do well in the music industry for sure, hopefully our revolution gives you a nice boost into stardom :)

Great song

RonPaulVolunteer
02-04-2008, 01:34 AM
It's having the exact effect we were hoping for, check this comment on DIGG:

Ah! It's Ron Paul support in disguise!

RonPaulVolunteer
02-04-2008, 01:57 AM
Well, the anti-Ron Paul brigade sure is learning about the video on DIGG pretty fast. Hehe...

RonPaulVolunteer
02-04-2008, 03:15 AM
+!

InLoveWithRon
02-04-2008, 04:16 AM
awesome

dkim68
02-04-2008, 05:43 AM
I love this song.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-04-2008, 10:32 AM
+!

RonPaulVolunteer
02-04-2008, 11:48 AM
+!

RonPaulVolunteer
02-04-2008, 01:23 PM
+!

pacelli
02-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Great song, great video, now the focus is on Super Tuesday threads.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Bump

RonPaulVolunteer
02-06-2008, 02:02 AM
bump

gb13
02-06-2008, 02:07 AM
Nice job.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Nice job.

thanks

roshi
02-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Bump for good music

stevenstremciuc
02-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the great video.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-10-2008, 11:47 AM
it says removed

ninnarae
02-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Great uplifting song! Thanks!

the_bee
02-10-2008, 11:50 AM
bumper

m72mc
02-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Totally Amazing!!

jmhend
02-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Wow! I have just watched it several times, and can't figure out how you did it! It's awesome!!!!! Just downloaded the song to my itunes.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Wow! I have just watched it several times, and can't figure out how you did it! It's awesome!!!!! Just downloaded the song to my itunes.

Hehe... it's pretty cool...

thoughtbombing
02-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Amazing, Amazing@!!@11

RonPaulVolunteer
02-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Yep.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-12-2008, 12:29 AM
bump

RonPaulVolunteer
02-13-2008, 01:01 AM
+!

Freedom4theWorld
02-13-2008, 01:06 AM
well, it wd have been better with images of RP and the Revolution

RonPaulVolunteer
02-13-2008, 01:11 AM
well, it wd have been better with images of RP and the Revolution

Make your own, win an iPod: http://HopeAnthem.com

austin356
02-13-2008, 02:49 AM
good job........... but honestly for 250 hours you need to work on your time management. This could/should have been accomplished in a fraction of the time.

thoughtbombing
02-13-2008, 03:03 AM
The March Is On Damnit!!!

LibertyOfOne
02-13-2008, 03:22 AM
A masterpiece. I mean that must of took a serious amount of work to get right.

LibertyOfOne
02-13-2008, 03:24 AM
good job........... but honestly for 250 hours you need to work on your time management. This could/should have been accomplished in a fraction of the time.

You can't rush Mona Lisas. I mean come on.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-18-2008, 01:54 AM

Ahhh, clearly you know nothing about video...