PDA

View Full Version : Help With Templates

emilysdad
08-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Apologies as this thread is probably not placed correctly, but I need some help with templates.

We live in a semi rural area along the 101 freeway in California. Our group is going to place 4x8 plywood billboards posted in concrete on private properties with freeway visibility. We have already secured 2 locations!! Our goal is 20 billboards along a 50 mile stretch.

We need designs and templates to fit a sheet of plywood. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Bill
kinsjon@yahoo.com

Lord Xar
08-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Apologies as this thread is probably not placed correctly, but I need some help with templates.

We live in a semi rural area along the 101 freeway in California. Our group is going to place 4x8 plywood billboards posted in concrete on private properties with freeway visibility. We have already secured 2 locations!! Our goal is 20 billboards along a 50 mile stretch.

We need designs and templates to fit a sheet of plywood. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Bill
kinsjon@yahoo.com

sure. but how do you plan to implement the designs?

emilysdad
08-07-2007, 09:30 AM
not sure what you mean.

I need templates to paint on sheets of plywood to place along the freeway on private property. I have zero artistic ability to create these large templates, so just asking for some suggestions.

PatriotOne
08-07-2007, 09:54 AM
You might check and see if you can borrow an overhead projector somewhere..or perhaps rent one. You can print out your template on a transparency and then project it to the plywood as large as you want it and trace it. Then fill it in after yoiu have it traced.

Like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ca/Overhead_projector_3M_01.JPG/450px-Overhead_projector_3M_01.JPG

Cowlesy
08-07-2007, 09:58 AM
4x8 and secured in concrete. Now that is taking it to the next level!

nayjevin
08-07-2007, 10:40 AM
xacto knife, cardboard, and spraypaint is good

but you might want someone at least *slightly* artistic

emilysdad
08-07-2007, 11:20 AM
okay. some good ideas. I just came back from our first property and we will be able to put up two signs, visibility from both directions. So we now have a commitment for three 4x8 freeway signs. As i said earlier our meetup group goal is 20 freeway billboards. At our meeting last night, each member agreed to find a location of private property with freeway visibility.

I have found several templates (bannners) on the web and in different meetup's but as you know these are templates for much smaller signs. I will consider the idea of tracing, however it would be much easier and less time consuming if we had a template and could just spray paint.

We have a couple contractors in our group who will assist us with materials, but until we can figure out the best way to get the message on wood, we are at a standstill.

Thanks again.

Bill