PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Is A Concern to the White House

dsentell
08-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Don't know if any of you are fans of the Coast to Coast AM radio show, or of Sean David Morton, but on July 26, Sean was on the show. He supposedly has some friends who are advisor level in the White House. As no mention had yet been made of presidential politics or any of the candidates, I was astounded when Sean was asked about the 2008 elections and immediately responded, "The White House is concerned about Ron Paul." He continued that they are concerned that Ron Paul will become a third party candidate and will take enough votes from the Republicans to hand the election over to the Democrats.

They do not seem to realize that if Dr. Paul takes the third party route, he will take as many votes from the dems as the reps.

I am happy that Dr. Paul has the attention of the White House, but I am also somewhat concerned.

Johnnybags
08-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Don't know if any of you are fans of the Coast to Coast AM radio show, or of Sean David Morton, but on July 26, Sean was on the show. He supposedly has some friends who are advisor level in the White House. As no mention had yet been made of presidential politics or any of the candidates, I was astounded when Sean was asked about the 2008 elections and immediately responded, "The White House is concerned about Ron Paul." He continued that they are concerned that Ron Paul will become a third party candidate and will take enough votes from the Republicans to hand the election over to the Democrats.

They do not seem to realize that if Dr. Paul takes the third party route, he will take as many votes from the dems as the reps.

I am happy that Dr. Paul has the attention of the White House, but I am also somewhat concerned.

about the chimpanzee who destroyed the party for years instead of a lowly congressman with a few internet spammers hyping an impossible candidacy. We all know the polls are correct with Rudy getting 33 percent of the vote and Ron only 1 or 2. Nothing at all to worry about boys because you were not going to win with a bushbot anyway.

Brutus
08-07-2007, 09:25 AM
Don't you just love the Fear Uncertainty and Doubt being spread by the White House?

"Vote for Ron Paul and the terrorists win." Gotta love it.

Richie
08-07-2007, 10:22 AM
If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, I hope he runs has an independent or Libertarian. He has so many supporters and millions in donations. This could be even bigger then Perot!

dsentell
08-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Quite some time back, he said he would NOT run as an independent. However, I think he has such strong support it would be hard for him to say NO to his loyal following. Would we even take no as an answer? I wouldn't. I would write him in no matter what.

But I, too, hope he is on the ballot in November 08. I could care less what party it is. Maybe he could create the PAUL PARTY!

angelatc
08-07-2007, 10:45 AM

First, I htink it's already been determined that Hillary is our next President. Barring that, they need to realize that it's GWB who is handing the election to the Democrats.

specsaregood
08-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Quite some time back, he said he would NOT run as an independent.

The key is that running on a 3rd party is NOT the same as running as an independent. But it will be a moot point after he wins the Republican primary.

dsentell
08-07-2007, 11:43 AM
First, I htink it's already been determined that Hillary is our next President. Barring that, they need to realize that it's GWB who is handing the election to the Democrats.

That's absolutely right! But will GWB ever admit it?

lucius
08-07-2007, 11:50 AM

I agree about Hillary; Bush is fulfilling his role perfectly as well.

winston84
08-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Quite some time back, he said he would NOT run as an independent. However, I think he has such strong support it would be hard for him to say NO to his loyal following. Would we even take no as an answer? I wouldn't. I would write him in no matter what.

But I, too, hope he is on the ballot in November 08. I could care less what party it is. Maybe he could create the PAUL PARTY!

Two months ago at the Pasadena, CA MeetUp we had a live feed with Kent Snyder (RP's campaign chairman) via web cam.

One of the Pasadena MeetUp members asked Kent if RP would run as a 3rd party candidate if he did not get the nomination, Kent replied that RP has not decided on doing that BUT that he would personally recommend to RP that he run as an independent Kent also added that it would be difficult for RP to NOT run if he did not get the GOP nomination.

Again any fellow Pasadena members that went to the first MeetUp can attest to this, including Bill Dumas.

Syren123
08-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Two months ago at the Pasadena, CA MeetUp we had a live feed with Kent Snyder (RP's campaign chairman) via web cam.

One of the Pasadena MeetUp members asked Kent if RP would run as a 3rd party candidate if he did not get the nomination, Kent replied that RP has not decided on doing that BUT that he would personally recommend to RP that he run as an independent Kent also added that it would be difficult for RP to NOT run if he did not get the GOP nomination.

Again any fellow Pasadena members that went to the first MeetUp can attest to this, including Bill Dumas.

I attest to that. But that was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away when things were so much different. While there was enthusiasm, there was still doubt that Dr Paul could REALLY get the Rep nomination. There is a lot less doubt now. People are working with this as a real possibility rather than just to make a statement against the status quo.

1000-points-of-fright
08-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Couldn't he still run as a Republican? He just wouldn't be the officially endorsed Republican. Perhaps as an Independent Republican?

I think he is the father of the future Republican party. Him joining a 3rd party doesn't really help transform the GOP into what it should be. Making the Libertarian party stronger will not accomplish as much as making the Republican party more libertarian.

Syren123
08-07-2007, 02:37 PM
I think he is the father of the future Republican party. Him joining a 3rd party doesn't really help transform the GOP into what it should be. Making the Libertarian party stronger will not accomplish as much as making the Republican party more libertarian.

I agree with this completely and hope that this is indeed the type of transformation that is happening and will ultimately occur.