PDA

View Full Version : Will you stay involved in politics after this?

jrich4rpaul
02-03-2008, 07:27 AM
Ron Paul has woken up so many people in this election. There are even people inspired to run for Congress by this man and his platform. A whole new generation has opened up to the political process, and I think the goal of the Ron Paul Revolution has been fufilled if the young people stay involved and continue to be involved in the process every year, and we will gain more support as we go.

Will you be staying involved in politics after this election?

Azprint
02-03-2008, 07:27 AM
I've been involved since like 16 -.-

dvictr
02-03-2008, 07:33 AM
once Ron Paul takes the WH in november. my job is done..

brandon
02-03-2008, 07:36 AM
once a spammer, always a spammer

thehittgirl
02-03-2008, 07:37 AM
I have two boys, I have to, for their sake. I tell my family who have been apathetic, that they have to look at the big picture and know that decisions made in politics will affect their lives down the road and that they need to if nothing else, be aware of what's going on. My mother favors my oldest son and I remind her he is going to be 18 before we know it.

I think they're listening. I hope that other RP supporters are having that effect on other apathetic people

liberteebell
02-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Once you're enlightened, there's really no going back. I will stay heavily involved and I know a ton of people who have pledged to do the same. Our meetup has people pondering running for all sorts of offices, a couple of people should announce soon, and many have become heavily involved in local politics or local issue-specific causes such as Real ID, property taxes, and local government transparency.

It warms my heart to see a 20-something well-informed and intelligent Ron Paul Person stand up at a political meeting and ask fabulous questions and/or challenge the status-quo. It's up to us "more mature" people to encourage younger people to stay involved and to teach our children to do the same.

More than anything else in the world, I want Ron Paul to be president and I've put my heart and soul into making it happen. However, the reality is that even if he is sworn in next January, he's going to need lots of help to effect the changes he and we want. We have to keep on with the revolution and be ever vigilant.

ATS
02-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Nope, here to stay! Afterall, there's no telling when the buttheads will want to go back to status quo after we get this mess straightened out.

freedom-maniac
02-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Even before I found out about RP, I had intended to be a politician. I was just torn between political philosphies, until I heard his message. From the MSM I had gotten a very negative picture of libertarians. 'Dopers with no morals whatsoever, who want to abolish all gov't programs and let the evil-scary giant companies enslave us' in a sense. Still, I was open to less taxes (who isn't), and thankfully Dr.Paul articulated further...As I began to adopt more and more libertarian positions, I wondered if I was loosing my mind...but in reality I was only just finding it.

Menthol Patch
02-03-2008, 08:03 AM
If Ron Paul does not win we will live in a police state by 2012.

AlexMerced
02-03-2008, 08:05 AM
lolI've already have been open about my future congressiona run in 2010/12, senate in 2018, and POTUS in 2024... I'm ambitious, but it's possible, want to help sign up at my site.

http://www.mercedforfreedom.com

Paul Revered
02-03-2008, 08:10 AM
I'm 45 years young. We should stay united; no matter what the outcome. We need to continue to take action, and repeat our message; until it is driven home.