PDA

View Full Version : Is Digg censoring all Ron Paul stories now or what???

TwinTurboMike
02-03-2008, 03:25 AM
So, I have noticed lately that I have not seen any Ron Paul stories on the Digg front page in quite sometime now. I started looking in the 2008 US Election section specifically, and it wasn't until the SEVENTH page, that I found a story about Ron Paul.

Now I know there hasn't been quite as much excitement about Ron Paul as there has been in the past, but he did outraise all other candidates in the 4th qtr, managed to exceed all candidates combined in military contributions in 4th qtr, etc.

So what I really want to know is, since when and who made the decision to start dropping RP stories on Digg's front pages (even in subsections)? Certainly the examples I cited above should have made the front page.

Perhaps I am not attached enough to Digg to notice them, or perhaps there is just way too much Obama traffic or something, I don't know.

Seems this is tangential to the story of Digg getting caught censoring one Ron Paul story specifically a while back, is it not?

sirachman
02-03-2008, 03:28 AM
Im about 99 percent sure they are.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-03-2008, 03:29 AM
Not sure. There are tons of people on d1gg that bury any Ron Paul story. It is also easy enough to make a list of names that are ROn Paul people and go bury everything they d1gg.

It seems to be happening.

Make sure to use other avenues of online publicity and most importantly go D2D.

Joe3113
02-03-2008, 03:32 AM
Obama spammers who are connected with digg admins are super-burying us.

I managed to get this through http://digg.com/politics/Who_are_the_traitors_that_voted_in_favor_of_REAL_I D

It went SuperNOVA

MattMinnesota
02-03-2008, 03:34 AM
Yeah, there is a specific group of people on group that have made it their mission to bury all ron paul related stories.

The00viper
02-03-2008, 03:39 AM
Even if it was a full, extensive story on Ron Paul from The New York Times by their Executive Writer, the Digg crew would scream "Ronbot spam!" and bury it.

Edu
02-03-2008, 03:40 AM
One of you guys with a RP site put up something that shows the threads here but lets everyone rate it as to it's importance, the most important floats to the top, and then point them back here via the thread link.

You could almost do it automatically by looking at the number of bumps, how many people responded recently, how much text was in the responses (minus the same people bumping it over and over).

Maybe the forums would put up the script if it proved to work good.

sidster
02-03-2008, 03:53 AM
See this post about how to Digg RP properly and not get censored:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110233