PDA

View Full Version : Prediction - the #s we observed at the caucuses will not match the official #s

parocks
02-03-2008, 12:48 AM
We're starting to see that the numbers that we're adding up have us in 2nd place - per Steve Martin.

The official numbers have us in 3rd place.

How to explain this?

See this article in the Portland Press-Herald.
http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/story.php?id=167034&ac=PHnws

From this article:

"Keever and other Paul supporters said their actions were prompted by concerns they had about the outcome of the Freeport Republican caucus, which was held Wednesday.

Keever said he observed the Freeport caucus and the vote was 10 for Romney, 4 for Paul and 1 for McCain.

GOP leaders said the Freeport vote was recorded as 12 for Romney, 4 for Paul and 2 for McCain."

And, am I the only one who thinks it's ridiculous that hours and hours after most of the caucuses have been over, we still can't find, anywhere, a breakdown of
how the voting went by town, or caucus location, anything?

RufusTDoofus
02-03-2008, 12:54 AM
That's why I sat down with the vote counter at our location and viewed the tally sheets and wrote down the results in my notepad. I wished I had taken my digital camera to snap a photo of the documents.

parocks
02-03-2008, 12:55 AM
That's why I sat down with the vote counter at our location and viewed the tally sheets and wrote down the results in my notepad. I wished I had taken my digital camera to snap a photo of the documents.

Hopefully that "works"

Molly1
02-03-2008, 12:56 AM
Just stay on them like white on rice. :)

Let's do our own tallies from people on the scene.

parocks
02-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Just stay on them like white on rice. :)

Let's do our own tallies from people on the scene.

that's being done. see Steve Martins recent posts on the subject.

However, the actual "official" results are awfully hard to find. If you can't find the "official" results, you can't find "mistakes" - we'd like to figure out how our set of totals has us up by 2 % over McCain and the "official" results have us down by 2%.

Molly1
02-03-2008, 01:15 AM
that's being done. see Steve Martins recent posts on the subject.

However, the actual "official" results are awfully hard to find. If you can't find the "official" results, you can't find "mistakes" - we'd like to figure out how our set of totals has us up by 2 % over McCain and the "official" results have us down by 2%.

Do you have a period of time to challenge the results like in other states?

In New Hampshire, it was something like 4 business days. I think the election was on Monday and we had to challenge it by 5pm Friday.

parocks
02-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Do you have a period of time to challenge the results like in other states?

In New Hampshire, it was something like 4 business days. I think the election was on Monday and we had to challenge it by 5pm Friday.

We're actually a long way away from even thinking about challenging the results.

I just would like to see the official results. Somewhere, on some website.

RufusTDoofus
02-03-2008, 01:29 AM
I think it's pointless to challenge the results of a poll that is non-binding and has no official function. That would be a huge waste of time and resources.

parocks
02-03-2008, 01:38 AM
I think it's pointless to challenge the results of a poll that is non-binding and has no official function. That would be a huge waste of time and resources.

That's another valid way to put it. I would like to see the official results though.
Someone, I guess, has the numbers. I'd like to see them, and compare them with ours.

Here's a good link where some raw data can be found.

http://www.politickerme.com/

RufusTDoofus
02-03-2008, 01:45 AM
The official results were to be communicated directly to the Maine GOP from the caucus locations. The Maine GOP will be the only source of official results. Their website updates happen slowly. I don't expect official results out of them until late Monday afternoon or possibly Tuesday morning. It's really an archaic system.

Molly1
02-03-2008, 01:50 AM
The official results were to be communicated directly to the Maine GOP from the caucus locations. The Maine GOP will be the only source of official results. Their website updates happen slowly. I don't expect official results out of them until late Monday afternoon or possibly Tuesday morning. It's really an archaic system.

Sounds like our people should take over the GOP management positions in these states. But--that's for another day, I guess.

Obviously there is a different criteria than in a primary state like New Hampshire, where the election is handled by the state officials under the umbrella of the state legislation--not by a bunch of golfing cronies. Well, you know what I mean.:)

parocks
02-03-2008, 01:55 AM

Well, at least we know. Is there any way that they could give a breakdown of the votes to someone over the phone? They probably don't have a 24/7 webmaster, that's cool, but they could give the results sooner?

stevedasbach
02-03-2008, 03:45 AM
Sounds like our people should take over the GOP management positions in these states. But--that's for another day, I guess.

Which is, I suspect, a key part of Dr. Paul's long-range plan to defeat the neocons and make the limited government wing of the GOP dominant.

Ciceros
02-03-2008, 03:37 PM

Obviously there is a different criteria than in a primary state like New Hampshire, where the election is handled by the state officials under the umbrella of the state legislation--not by a bunch of golfing cronies. Well, you know what I mean.:)

That's not for another day,,, this is something we need to do now!! I am learning the processes like many here, but I dare not sit on my ass while the unaccountability and non-transparency exist! Though I will grant you that it may be for another forum thread!

patriotchick
02-03-2008, 04:11 PM
copied and pasted from another site, Mary Adams is the GOP chair there so I would say these are official numbers, no mention of delegates though.

Twenty-four attended the Garland Republican caucus. Itwas an enjoyable meeting with lots of laughs and food. Nineteen votes in the presidential preference vote went as follows:

1 undecided

1 Huckabee

1 McCain

4 Paul

12 Romney

Mary Adams, GOP town chair