PDA

View Full Version : Followup: ABC Super Tuesday Coverage

Feelgood
02-03-2008, 12:27 AM
http: //www.abcnewsradio.com/programpack/february08/supertuesday.html

Ok, I emailed these guys before about this, and nothing has happened, time to turn up the heat. They plan to cover the top 6 candidates, and again neglected Ron Paul. Since Rudy has dropped out, seems to me one of their anchors will have nothing to do on super Tuesday. Let's see if we can convince them to have this guy follow Ron Paul? What do you say?

akijikan
02-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Ron Paul is a "Top 6 Candidate" O_O

Feelgood
02-03-2008, 12:39 AM
Well at the time they put this up, Rudy was still in it. :rolleyes:

coffeewithchess
02-03-2008, 12:51 AM
I emailed them and asked if they would move the guy that was covering Giuliani to cover Ron Paul.

pacelli
02-03-2008, 12:58 AM
I emailed them and asked if they would move the guy that was covering Giuliani to cover Ron Paul.

Ditto:

Hello Sir,

I am writing because I noticed on your Super Tuesday coverage page (http://www.abcnewsradio.com/programpack/february08/supertuesday.html) it shows that Steven Portnoy was assigned to cover Rudolph Giuliani. Since Mr. Giuliani has dropped out of the presidential race, I was wondering if he would now be assigned to cover the only other GOP candidate not in your line-up, Dr. Ron Paul? Millions of Ron Paul supporters are anxiously awaiting confirmation. Any help or information you can provide in this manner is greatly appreciated, and with your permission I will share your response with other Ron Paul supporters.

Feelgood
02-03-2008, 02:36 AM
Bump

akijikan
02-03-2008, 02:39 AM

I like that idea. So I'mma gonna do it too.

Feelgood
02-03-2008, 03:41 AM
Bump

nodope0695
02-03-2008, 04:20 AM
Here is the email I just sent to ABC:

Dear Mr. Salinger,

I have a suggestion regarding ABC's coverage of the Super Tuesday Presidential Primaries. You've assigned a reporter to every candidate with the exception of Congressman Ron Paul. My request is that you give Mr. Paul the same coverage you intend to give to the other six candidates. After all, news outlet are supposed to be objective in their reporting so that viewers get the information they need to make an informed decision regarding their choice for president.

As you know, Rudy Giuliani has dropped out of the race, and left an opening for coverage. You've had this night planned now since before Mr. Giuliani dropped out of the race, therefore it would seem logical to assume that the journalist you had assigned to Mr. Giuliani is now available to cover Mr. Paul.

I am an undecided voter, and I would like to learn more about Ron Paul's run for president. I don't use my computer often, I'm not very familiar with how the Internet works, nor do I have the time to use it as often as some. I've been told Mr. Paul is very popular on the Internet. Over the past couple of weeks, I've heard some radio ads, and received some literature on my car about Mr. Paul. Strangely, I've heard very little about the man on your network, or any other for that matter. I rely on ABC News for my news in the evenings, and would appreciate it if you could give equal coverage to all of the candidates.

Thank you for your time.

Yom
02-03-2008, 09:50 AM
bump.

Cinderella
02-03-2008, 10:27 AM
bump !! this would be great for the Doctor!!!

nodope0695
02-03-2008, 10:27 AM
bizzle fo shizzle

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Did anyone get any responses yet?

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Here is the contact information for the top management at ABC News:
http://abcnewsradio.com/contact.html

When you contact them, please don't be rude or represent Ron in a bad light. Also don't call at all hours of the night.

sgrooms
02-03-2008, 11:53 AM
no responses yet?

UtahApocalypse
02-03-2008, 11:57 AM
I believe that ABC is a broadcast station and not cable. Thus they are regulated by the FCC. If they fail to give equal time I will be filing a complint with the FCC and having it placed in the licensee file.

pacelli
02-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Did anyone get any responses yet?

None yet.

constitutional
02-03-2008, 12:00 PM
lmao this is laughable. How the hell does Ghoul, who was behind us and has dropped out right now, get the coverage in the first place?

Feelgood
02-03-2008, 02:20 PM
BUMPeroo

Still no response for me.

tamor
02-03-2008, 02:44 PM
bump for results

Joseph Hart
02-03-2008, 02:45 PM
BOYCOTT ABC, DISNEY, ESPN if we dont get coverage!!!!

tnvoter
02-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Blimp

Crickett
02-03-2008, 03:39 PM
I have told you guys over and over. You must put the statement : Please put this letter in your FCC public files--
in your letters! Add another line saying (which I will be requesting next week) if you want to. But only that line will force them to keep your letters and show them when license renewal comes up..otherwise, they probably throw it away without reading it.

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Please put this letter in your FCC public files-- Can you please confirm this method?

Crickett
02-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Can you please confirm this method?

Argh..like I said I have said this over and over..here are all the rules from my biggest post here...
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=103225&highlight=trouble+for+MSM

This explains most of the rules..I can get you the exact quotes for that file if you need more

Crickett
02-03-2008, 05:11 PM
I believe that ABC is a broadcast station and not cable. Thus they are regulated by the FCC. If they fail to give equal time I will be filing a complaint with the FCC and having it placed in the licensee file.

Look at my post above, again, and then look at the thread. I had my complaint escalated to the legal dept. These rules I listed were specifically for the TV stations but cable, newspapers, radio..they all fall under the realm of "operating for the public interest" and not blatanty manipulating. As long as we keep talling them to put our letters in the public file, they must. AND if they are not doing that, we can get them, and prove it, or keep entreating the FCC to review it ahead of time. I had already told them many people had written abc (and this was about the last thing..lol..not this new one. Keep persisting..

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Argh..like I said I have said this over and over..here are all the rules from my biggest post here...
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=103225&highlight=trouble+for+MSM

This explains most of the rules..I can get you the exact quotes for that file if you need more
That talks about broadcasting stations. ABC/NBC/CBS are networks and these divisions don't have any stations under their direct control.