PDA

View Full Version : An idea - to start to take over the GOP

NCGOPer_for_Paul
08-07-2007, 07:36 AM
I came up with an idea after I left our meetup last night. I fundamentally believe that going forward the best way to spread Dr. Paul's message is within it's true home - the traditional Republican Party (of Taft, Goldwater, and Reagan). I think it would be great if the meetup groups could form an activist Republican club, get more members, and work within the GOP to flush it of it's cancer.

This is an idea, feel free to add, correct, make comments, etc.

XXXXXX COUNTY SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF LIBERTY

Statement of Organization

The name of the Organization shall be called the County Sons and Daughters of Liberty.

Membership is open to any resident of County, State; with the knowledge the organization is affiliated with all organizations associated with Republican Party at the local, state, and federal level. Persons residing outside the County may join as associate members. Only County residents and registered Republicans may serve as officers.

This Organization will seek a vote within the County Republican Organization/Executive Committee, and seek recognition and acceptance as an official Republican Club.

There shall be five officers serving a one (1) year term as follows: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and County Executive Committee Liaison. Duties and responsibilities will be decided at a future date.

The Organization shall hold regular monthly meetings and a time and location to be decided.

The main goal of the Organization are to recruit, campaign for, and elect true conservative Republicans at all levels of government in the Barry Goldwater, Ronald Reagan, and Ron Paul mold. This, in no way, means that all members and candidates supported by the Organization must adhere to a certain ideology, other than advocating for the Constitutional Republic and limited government created by the Founding Fathers.

The Organization WILL challenge incumbent Republicans in the primary process who do not support through votes, statements, or other actions, the goals of this Organization, the original goals of the Republican Party, the Republican Creed, or the principles of limited Constitutional government. Because the Organization is affiliated with the Republican Party, no member shall outwardly campaign for a Democrat, even if the Organization’s candidate loses in the primary. In the case of no Republican in a race, the Organization will look to itself to field a Republican candidate. After that, if no Republican will run, the Organization may support a Libertarian candidate, if that candidate pledges to support the goals of the Organization.

The Organization will look to include Libertarians who have been disenfranchised by the State Election Board, and work to register these Libertarians as Republicans.

The Organization will generally follow the current National Republican Party Platform, but planks can and will be debated and changed and noted at the local level.

Other goals of the Organization are to be an activist group at the local level; getting involved in local politics, i.e. running candidates pledged to reducing taxes, etc., going to and speaking at board meetings, working against massive bond packages, and showing what true republican government is supposed to be.

General Platform

The Organization generally accepts the platforms of the National Republican Party and the State Republican Party.

The Organization, however, recognizes the United States Constitution as the supreme law of the land, and any issue or plank in the RNC and/or State GOP contradicting the United States Constitution will not be supported by this Organization.

The organization believes that any contentious issue not covered by the United States Constitution is covered in the 9th and 10th Amendments; therefore should be decided at the State level.

The Organization believes that illegal immigration is a crime, and should be treated as such. We do not support any amnesty for illegal aliens. We support heavy fines and jail sentences for any employer of illegal aliens. We do not support any taxpayer dollars to be used to educate illegal aliens. We also do not support any taxpayer dollars to medicate illegal aliens beyond humanitarian (live-saving) measures. We fundamentally believe the official language of the United States shall be English.

Other planks of the Organization’s platform shall be decided at a meeting of the membership.

foofighter20x
08-07-2007, 07:44 AM
So basically a libertarian, state's rights wing of the party?

Sounds good to me. :)