PDA

View Full Version : Keyes Backers to Attend Ames Straw Poll

Bradley in DC
08-07-2007, 07:17 AM
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2007/08/07/keyes_backers_to_attend_ames_straw_poll.html

"Supporters of Alan Keyes plan to attend the Iowa Straw Poll Aug. 11, to get Keyes' name before the public as a possible Republican presidential candidate," according to Keyes’ grassroots supporters. Most recently known for his recent Illinois Senate race against now-Senator and presidential candidate Barack Obama (gathering just 27% of the vote in the process), Keyes has stayed out of the public spotlight recently.

Commenting on this effort, Keyes said, "I've told my supporters -- who, by the way, are undertaking this effort on their own -- that if they can demonstrate sufficient grassroots support for me to run, I will do so."

Ira Aten
08-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Sue would be nice to see an RP/Keyes ticket.

Keith
08-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Where does he stand on the war? I seem to remember that he was pretty conservative and very critical of the crooks in Washington, but it has been a while since I have listened to him. Might he be persuaded to endorse the good doctor?

markpa
08-07-2007, 08:13 AM
That would really suck if he entered in.

Johnnybags
08-07-2007, 08:15 AM
can talk the ear off that proverbial brass monkey, I'd put him in as SEC of State and he'll negotitate the end of the Palestinian crisis in a week, he actually boxes you in with logic til you agree. What a novel idea.

Badger Paul
08-07-2007, 09:49 AM
It's too bad we don't have phone booths anymore because they could meet there.

nullvalu
08-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Keyes' run against Obama was pathetic. (Lived in Illinois at the time).. Not really his fault, even back then Obama was the annointed one.