PDA

View Full Version : Maine is a SUCCESS

IPSecure
02-02-2008, 11:27 PM
From the DailyPaul Site: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/33047

OK, so I decided to post this as a new thread because I am very frustrated at all the HATE that some of you guys are throwing at the RP campaign regarding the Maine Caucus results.

You all expected a big win and when you look at the results on yahoo or cnn you think HQ really screwed it up but you are wrong.

The MSM is reporting the results of a NON-BINDING straw poll and they are using those results to GUESS at the number of delegates that each candidate will get. What you need to know is that TWO things happen at the Maine Caucus.

1) A straw poll is taken. All the Republicans in town get together and cast a ballot. This is what the media reports.

2) Delegates are elected to the State Convention held in May.

Yahoo and CNN are only GUESSING on the number of delegates to the State Convention in May for each candidate. They are taking the straw poll results and ASSUMING that the delegates to the state convention will reflect this breakdown.
HOWEVER, the delegates are not bound by the straw poll results. You may have a case where Town X voted 90% for Romney but all of the delegates from Town X are RP supporters. I know for a fact that in one town RP got 40% of the straw poll vote but 85% of the delegates.

PLEASE DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED BY THE FAKE DELEGATE COUNT THAT THE MSM PUBLISHES. There is no way for the MSM to know the # of delegates supporting each candidate because delegates do not state their preference until the State Convention in May. PLEASE DO NOT GET ANGRY AT THE RP CAMPAIGN STAFF. They did a great job in Maine because they understand how the Maine system works.

Just wanted to add a little Post Script here...
Thank you to all the RP supporters from around the States who sent good wishes to us here in Maine. There are still some towns that caucus tomorrow and I hope for the best there. We were very lucky to have Dr. Paul come and visit us last week and get us fired up before the caucus. HQ did a great job. I got phone calls leading up to the caucus to encourage me to show up. Also received a nice mailer a couple days before the caucus. The State Coordinator in Maine, Ken Lindell, showed up at the caucus and gave a fantastic speech (best by far on behalf of any candidate). The precinct leaders handed out a nice piece of literature that contrasted Dr. Paul's record with that of the other candidates. I think everyone did an excellent job. I would like to ask that anyone who still has a primary or caucus coming up, PLEASE just try to get one or two people to come with you! If everyone does this it will double or triple the vote total for RP. Also, become a delegate to your state convention (especially in states like Maine and Colorado). That is how we will win the nomination.

FSP-Rebel
02-02-2008, 11:32 PM
good to hear

bucfish
02-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Thank you and I wish more people understood this.

DeadtoSin
Thats a pretty good post, and it actually lightened my spirits quite a bit.

obstruksion

OK, so I decided to post this as a new thread because I am very frustrated at all the HATE that some of you guys are throwing at the RP campaign regarding the Maine Caucus results.

You all expected a big win and when you look at the results on yahoo or cnn you think HQ really screwed it up but you are wrong.

The MSM is reporting the results of a NON-BINDING straw poll and they are using those results to GUESS at the number of delegates that each candidate will get. What you need to know is that TWO things happen at the Maine Caucus.

1) A straw poll is taken. All the Republicans in town get together and cast a ballot. This is what the media reports.

2) Delegates are elected to the State Convention held in May.

Yahoo and CNN are only GUESSING on the number of delegates to the State Convention in May for each candidate. They are taking the straw poll results and ASSUMING that the delegates to the state convention will reflect this breakdown.
HOWEVER, the delegates are not bound by the straw poll results. You may have a case where Town X voted 90% for Romney but all of the delegates from Town X are RP supporters. I know for a fact that in one town RP got 40% of the straw poll vote but 85% of the delegates.

PLEASE DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED BY THE FAKE DELEGATE COUNT THAT THE MSM PUBLISHES. There is no way for the MSM to know the # of delegates supporting each candidate because delegates do not state their preference until the State Convention in May. PLEASE DO NOT GET ANGRY AT THE RP CAMPAIGN STAFF. They did a great job in Maine because they understand how the Maine system works.

Just wanted to add a little Post Script here...
Thank you to all the RP supporters from around the States who sent good wishes to us here in Maine. There are still some towns that caucus tomorrow and I hope for the best there. We were very lucky to have Dr. Paul come and visit us last week and get us fired up before the caucus. HQ did a great job. I got phone calls leading up to the caucus to encourage me to show up. Also received a nice mailer a couple days before the caucus. The State Coordinator in Maine, Ken Lindell, showed up at the caucus and gave a fantastic speech (best by far on behalf of any candidate). The precinct leaders handed out a nice piece of literature that contrasted Dr. Paul's record with that of the other candidates. I think everyone did an excellent job. I would like to ask that anyone who still has a primary or caucus coming up, PLEASE just try to get one or two people to come with you! If everyone does this it will double or triple the vote total for RP. Also, become a delegate to your state convention (especially in states like Maine and Colorado). That is how we will win the nomination.

so how many other states are similar to Maine? Colorado and who else? I was under the assumption that most state delegates are bound by primary and straw poll results unless the candidate withdraws or there is a brokered election. Can you help shed a little light on this? Thanks

virginiakid
02-02-2008, 11:36 PM
way to go Maine, I've been hearing all day that we got a good many delegates. Don't ever believe the straw polls. Delegates is what counts, not a straw poll. I've heard that the Mainers won Portland!

RageAgainstDC
02-02-2008, 11:41 PM
delegates really DON'T matter when it comes to beating the "he can't win" mentality, and without beating that, we're dead in the water. we NEEDED a real, honest-to-goodness win in Maine to bust that argument before super tuesday. you can dance around it, but it is fact. i hope something big happens tuesday and everyone decides to vote themselves and not let the tv do it for them. or all the old people could just die. that would help.

skeryl
02-02-2008, 11:41 PM
:D im getting goosebumps \:D~

literatim
02-02-2008, 11:44 PM
All those Romney supporters didn't vote for delegates. A good sign that they were out-of-staters.

kirkblitz
awesome, i just wish state conventions werent so far away. i want to win now lol

RonPaulVolunteer
THis is exactly why we NEED to keep funding his campaign all the way through the convention. That jet aint cheap. Let's keep RP flying...

RageAgainstDC
02-02-2008, 11:45 PM
what do you mean didn't vote for delegates? so maine will let you just show up from out of state, vote in the straw poll, then somehow filter your votes out so that it doesn't effect the delegate count? i'm missing something here...

literatim
02-02-2008, 11:46 PM
delegates really DON'T matter when it comes to beating the "he can't win" mentality, and without beating that, we're dead in the water. we NEEDED a real, honest-to-goodness win in Maine to bust that argument before super tuesday. you can dance around it, but it is fact. i hope something big happens tuesday and everyone decides to vote themselves and not let the tv do it for them. or all the old people could just die. that would help.

You beat the 'he can't win mentality' by getting him in the White House which involves getting him the most delegates, not winning a popularity contest.

what do you mean didn't vote for delegates? so maine will let you just show up from out of state, vote in the straw poll, then somehow filter your votes out so that it doesn't effect the delegate count? i'm missing something here...

You show up, cast a vote in the Straw Poll, and then cast a vote for State delegates.

Same with Nevada. Odds are we will have the most delegates there also.

therealjjj77
02-02-2008, 11:46 PM
It's the same deal in Iowa guys!

tonyr1988
02-02-2008, 11:49 PM

Tell people that he won Maine. If we won the Maine straw poll, the MSM wouldn't have covered it. If they did, it would be "Libertarian kook longshot Ron Paul managed to pull a single win in a really tiny, 18-delegate state. He was the only guy that campaigned there, and it's not indicative of his national showing, where he's doing terrible." The MSM isn't covering it much right now.

If you're talking to someone, and they pull the "he can't win" thing, tell them that he won Maine. You're not lying. Tell them he got second (possibly first, delegate-wise) in Nevada, and a possible 1st in Louisiana.

But.....to do that, you've gotta talk to people, which means *CANVAS CANVAS CANVAS* :D

RageAgainstDC
02-02-2008, 11:51 PM
You beat the 'he can't win mentality' by getting him in the White House which involves getting him the most delegates, not winning a popularity contest.

not a popularity contest? an election is, by definition, a popularity contest. you can't win more delegates without votes, and people don't want to "throw their vote away". i'm not saying that i or anyone else should give up. we shouldn't. we should fight all the way to the convention, but to deny that Maine was a blow to the campaign is just to bury your head in the sand. we did need a win before super tuesday. we good "he can win" press going into the big day. face it, we need to win those straw polls, too. i don't remember ever learning of someone wining a nomination having never won a state poll...

in any event, do what you can. i signed up as a precinct leader today, it was simple and even seems fun. i would encourage you all to do the same. that's the only way we're going to get a win, hopefully soon enough for it to do us some good.

literatim
02-02-2008, 11:54 PM
not a popularity contest? an election is, by definition, a popularity contest. you can't win more delegates without votes, and people don't want to "throw their vote away". i'm not saying that i or anyone else should give up. we shouldn't. we should fight all the way to the convention,

Bush lost the popular vote in 2000, so much for the theory of 'popularity contest'. It is all about the delegates, period.

but to deny that Maine was a blow to the campaign is just to bury your head in the sand. we did need a win before super tuesday. we good "he can win" press going into the big day. face it, we need to win those straw polls, too. i don't remember ever learning of someone wining a nomination having never won a state poll...

How is getting the most delegates a 'blow to the campaign'? The press will state he can't win even if he won the beauty contest.

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-02-2008, 11:54 PM
All those Romney supporters didn't vote for delegates. A good sign that they were out-of-staters.

Interesting....
Win won LA and now it looks like we won Maine....Awesome!

Remember folks, just stay :cool: .
I truly think we have a chance of getting into the White House. Don't give up and keep supporting Dr. Paul, and it will happen! :)

slantedview
02-02-2008, 11:55 PM
thank you for posting this. good stuff.

thuja
02-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Thats a pretty good post, and it actually lightened my spirits quite a bit.

yes, thanks, me too.

RageAgainstDC
02-02-2008, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE=literatim;1162581]Bush lost the popular vote in 2000, so much for the theory of 'popularity contest'. It is all about the delegates, period.

this isn't a general election. the supreme court won bush the white house, not delegates.

literatim
02-03-2008, 12:00 AM
this isn't a general election. the supreme court won bush the white house, not delegates.

Delegates won it because Bush won Florida and picked up those delegates. Do you seriously not understand how our Republic works?

The only difference between a general election and a primary is that more people are in the game.

Pauls' Revere
02-03-2008, 12:00 AM
The whole caucasus thing has my head spinning...ugh I'm to tierd to figure right now. Louisiana put my panties in a bind. Anyone have any clue whats going on there?

syborius
02-03-2008, 12:01 AM

you're right on the money. We need to break through the perception muck the MSM has created. How we do that I don't know. If people think they are throwing their vote away they will go with mccain or romney. I hope we get one solid win tomorrow and only then will be begin to crack the machine. If we get two it will be even better, and then we have a strong chance.

wfd40
02-03-2008, 12:03 AM

unfortunately, quite true

:(

pacelli
02-03-2008, 12:04 AM
Since Ron Paul said we won Louisiana, I'll be using that to counter people's "he's not electable" issue. Thanks Ron! :)

Shink
02-03-2008, 12:05 AM
so how many other states are similar to Maine? Colorado and who else? I was under the assumption that most state delegates are bound by primary and straw poll results unless the candidate withdraws or there is a brokered election. Can you help shed a little light on this? Thanks

IOWA. I'm all-in for Ron, and I'm going through the process which will last awhile. You guys need not be discouraged. Ron knows the difference between media hyped spin and cold, calculated plans that lead to a WIN.

RageAgainstDC
02-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Delegates won it because Bush won Florida and picked up those delegates. Do you seriously not understand how our Republic works?

The only difference between a general election and a primary is that more people are in the game.

you can argue and attack me all you want, the point is the same, maine WASN'T a win, and thus ISN'T a success. as long as we accept 2nd place as being victory we'll be no better than 2nd place when it's all over. the goal is to win, not get 2nd. delegate counts, who won what vote, allegations of vote fraud, none of that is going to do anything to make joe public think a vote for ron paul is a vote that matters. that is what matters, not 1 delegate vs. 2 in some tiny primary. later that will matter, but we have to beat that mentality to even get close enough for it to matter.

and yes i understand "how our republic works". i lived in palm beach county in 2004, trust me i know the situation. the whole thing was bullshit, and decided by judges, not voters.

literatim
02-03-2008, 12:07 AM
you're right on the money. We need to break through the perception muck the MSM has created. How we do that I don't know. If people think they are throwing their vote away they will go with mccain or romney. I hope we get one solid win tomorrow and only then will be begin to crack the machine. If we get two it will be even better, and then we have a strong chance.

The only thing we need to do is get the most delegates.

you can argue and attack me all you want, the point is the same, maine WASN'T a win, and thus ISN'T a success. as long as we accept 2nd place as being victory we'll be no better than 2nd place when it's all over. the goal is to win, not get 2nd. delegate counts, who won what vote, allegations of vote fraud, none of that is going to do anything to make joe public think a vote for ron paul is a vote that matters. that is what matters, not 1 delegate vs. 2 in some tiny primary. later that will matter, but we have to beat that mentality to even get close enough for it to matter.

and yes i understand "how our republic works". i lived in palm beach county in 2004, trust me i know the situation. the whole thing was bullshit, and decided by judges, not voters.

The most delegates isn't 2nd place, it is 1st place. We will take Maine's 18 national delegates at the state convention. How is that in any way a loss?

Dr.3D
02-03-2008, 12:09 AM
SNIP~ or all the old people could just die. that would help.

Do you really want me to die? :(

RageAgainstDC
02-03-2008, 12:13 AM
The only thing we need to do is get the most delegates.

...and how do you suppose we do that with so many winner take all states, without actually winning some of them? that won't happen until we beat "the mentality". argue all day, but it's fact, and until we realize it and find a way to correct it we're not helping ourselves. i hate to sound negative, but it's time for some hard truth. people need to get out, call, canvas, etc. if we had time i'd say we need to focus on one state resource-wise just to get a win in before super tuesday, but without that we need a new way to do it. and we need it by tuesday.

The most delegates isn't 2nd place, it is 1st place. We will take Maine's 18 national delegates at the state convention. How is that in any way a loss?[/QUOTE]

well, to begin with, neither you or anyone else can say how many delegates we're getting. i hope you're right, but that statement is, frankly, blowing smoke up people's asses.

faisal
02-03-2008, 12:13 AM
true, but if we won in the straw poll, then the MSM would boost us like hell!

RageAgainstDC
02-03-2008, 12:14 AM

sorry... should've said "all the old sheeple" as apparently you are the exception to what sadly seems to be the rule.

literatim
02-03-2008, 12:15 AM
...and how do you suppose we do that with so many winner take all states, without actually winning some of them? that won't happen until we beat "the mentality". argue all day, but it's fact, and until we realize it and find a way to correct it we're not helping ourselves. i hate to sound negative, but it's time for some hard truth. people need to get out, call, canvas, etc. if we had time i'd say we need to focus on one state resource-wise just to get a win in before super tuesday, but without that we need a new way to do it. and we need it by tuesday.

Maine is a winner take all State. Guess who will be taking them? We are going to win this the same way Goldwater won it despite the establishment working against him, through caucus states.

well, to begin with, neither you or anyone else can say how many delegates we're getting. i hope you're right, but that statement is, frankly, blowing smoke up people's asses.

People are keeping track of them over on the Winning Maine subforum. If they are Ron Paul supporters, they are voting Ron Paul.

true, but if we won in the straw poll, then the MSM would boost us like hell!

No they wouldn't. You are talking about the same mainstream media who reported that McCain came in 2nd in Nevada.

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Since Ron Paul said we won Louisiana, I'll be using that to counter people's "he's not electable" issue. Thanks Ron! :)

Actually, I bet it's safe to say we did win LA because Ron Paul would never state that unless he was absolutely sure that is the case. So I will do the same. Also I probably would explain shortly why it hasn't been reported officially yet.....

RageAgainstDC
02-03-2008, 12:17 AM
well, i sure hope you're right. but regardless.. my point wasn't whether or not we won delegates, it was that we needed to win the straw poll.. sure the media would spin it and marginalize it, but that is the ammo i need when i'm canvassing. a real argument to the "throwin my vote away" response. i won't do the louisianna thing. i don't know it to be fact, and, frankly, im not the guy to pass something as fact when i don't know that it is, especially when representing the revolution.

Pauls' Revere
02-03-2008, 12:20 AM
OK...I'm happy about Maine and a WOOHOO to Mainers!

Pauls' Revere
02-03-2008, 12:21 AM
WE ARE IN THIS FIGHT TO THE END PEOPLE!!
No whater what some friggin poll says!

literatim
02-03-2008, 12:22 AM
well, i sure hope you're right. but regardless.. my point wasn't whether or not we won delegates, it was that we needed to win the straw poll.. sure the media would spin it and marginalize it, but that is the ammo i need when i'm canvassing. a real argument to the "throwin my vote away" response. i won't do the louisianna thing. i don't know it to be fact, and, frankly, im not the guy to pass something as fact when i don't know that it is, especially when representing the revolution.

If I had a choice between Romney's and Paul's position in Michigan, I would take Paul's every time. Romney shipped in out-of-staters, there is nothing the campaign can do can counter such dirty tricks.

We will take first in Louisiana too when they finally count those provisional ballots.

pacelli
02-03-2008, 12:23 AM

Best of luck then in however you choose to handle the 'throwin my vote away' response! The free market of canvassing supplies and scripts allows everyone to try different strategies. Since I represent Ron Paul when I canvass, I'll stick with Ron's statement that 'we won Louisiana' and post my results here.

pacelli
02-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Hey Cage,

I thought of another idea for you if telling people that Ron won Louisiana is uncomfortable for you. It isn't an election win, so it is a weaker counter to the 'he can't win' argument. However, given the reverence rightfully placed on veterans by most Americans, perhaps showing them the number of military donations compared to the other candidates may help.

Bilgefisher
02-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Does everyone realize we have possible won 3 states worth of Delegates???

Nevada, Louisiana and now Maine. We may not be winning the popular vote, but were doing what it takes to win the Republican nomination.

literatim
02-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Does everyone realize we have possible won 3 states worth of Delegates???

Nevada, Louisiana and now Maine. We may not be winning the popular vote, but were doing what it takes to win the Republican nomination.

Neither Nevada nor Louisiana are winner take all.

We will also be picking up a good portion of state delegates in Iowa.

Edu
02-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Best of luck then in however you choose to handle the 'throwin my vote away' response! The free market of canvassing supplies and scripts allows everyone to try different strategies. Since I represent Ron Paul when I canvass, I'll stick with Ron's statement that 'we won Louisiana' and post my results here.It's not a horse race.

You support and vote for the one you like the best and he wins!

It's a push cart race. Please push the Ron Paul cart!

Bilgefisher
02-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Neither Nevada nor Louisiana are winner take all.

We will also be picking up a good portion of state delegates in Iowa.

Exactly...we are winning a good portion of the delegates in these states. By god this will be a brokered convention. :)

RonPaulalways
02-03-2008, 12:45 AM
bump

Opulen
02-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Good post!!

Roadrcr
02-03-2008, 01:03 AM
Fuck Yeah !

LibertyEagle
02-03-2008, 01:24 AM
or all the old people could just die. that would help.

Yeah, we just need more young people like who are voting for Obama. :rolleyes: Brilliant.

LibertyEagle
02-03-2008, 01:27 AM
sorry... should've said "all the old sheeple" as apparently you are the exception to what sadly seems to be the rule.

Apparently, YOU are the exception to all the "young sheeple" who are voting for Obama and Clinton.

Bubba
02-03-2008, 01:30 AM
[edit for quote]

[redacted by moderator] RP keeps hinting at vote fraud but has to be careful so as not be "fringed" again. Nobody wants to believe that there is corruption - be it in the Administration, Big Pharma, The Vatican, etc - preferring rather to live in Neverneverland.

The RP machine is chugging along nicely, and gaining lots of momentum on its own now and so it's time to really focus on the fruits of our labours or rather, the lack of them. The votes are being squashed like grapes in a barrel and the wine is sour.

Time to take back America and put the real fear of god into folks so that they are more scared of fudging the numbers and dealing with an angry Constitutional mob than they are of losing their jobs, their hoity-toity status and every else that's wrong with this great country that RP is gonna set straight.

It's too late. The cat is out of the bag and she's got claws. The claw of Truth. The claw of Justice. The claw of Freedom. The claw of Solidarity. The world is waiting for the REAL Revolution to start.

19% so far squeeked through Diebold in Maine because of the swell of Precinct Leaders throughout the country. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Be a Vote Cop! Sign up to be a Precinct Leader [redacted by moderator]

RonPaulalways
02-03-2008, 01:33 AM
RageAgainstDC, we need to counter the establishment media's anti-Paul hype with pro-Paul hype here on this forum. If we won the most delegates, then that's all that matters and we should advertise it far and wide.

RufusTDoofus
02-03-2008, 01:40 AM
Fuck Yeah ! Team America?

Mark
02-03-2008, 01:42 AM

I can't wait personally. I hear it's Paradise there. Much better than the Hades Hole this world is.

RonPaulalways
02-03-2008, 02:34 AM
bump

nodope0695
02-03-2008, 03:37 AM
Bump

RonPaulalways
02-03-2008, 04:04 AM
bump

Sarge
02-03-2008, 05:11 AM
Good Morning Maine and Thank you for the hard work.

I know you have more to do yet, so let's get the last delegates.

We all know another state who has been quite, and finishes their last two today. Let us keep it quiet until they tell us.

Remember all, if we get a brokered convention, there will be a lot of people jumping on our band wagon. They will change their but he can't win attitude.

enrique
02-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Yes, the Maine campaign was wonderful. You have filled me with hope that change is possible within the GOP. It is a long process but one that I feel has really begun. To expect any better results than we have is folly. Getting a majority or near majority of delegates is a massive accomplishment. Don't listen to any of the naysayers. You are all the instruments of real change.

Check out this analysis (http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com/redstate_commentary/2008/02/my-uneducated-v.html)for some perspective.

Cinderella
02-03-2008, 07:09 AM
thanks for clearing it up for me...

syborius
02-03-2008, 08:44 AM
RageAgainstDC, we need to counter the establishment media's anti-Paul hype with pro-Paul hype here on this forum. If we won the most delegates, then that's all that matters and we should advertise it far and wide.

start spreading the good cheer, everywhere you go, friends, family, lets turn this perception war on it's head. When canvassing as well. We won two states now. That is what should be said in a victorious manner. Forget about the MSM, we are the new MSM. :D

Lucid American
02-03-2008, 08:51 AM
We won two states? When did that happen?

RonPaulalways
02-03-2008, 08:58 AM
bump

muh_roads
02-03-2008, 11:13 AM
So this is what Paul was talking about with his secret strategy of delegates vs the popular vote?

Can someone link me to that letter Ron sent out about that again? I wanna read it over one more time.

Flirple
02-03-2008, 03:32 PM

I hear you and know what you mean. But we need to accept that we are never going to get that one big mment that changes everything. Even if it were to happen (like if we won Alaska on Tuesday) it won't happen. The media has us in their rear view mirror for good and nothing we do will make them help us get rid of that "he can't win" mentality that the public has.

And the truth is (gasp) we can't win these primaries outright in the traditional sense. For the very reason you mentioned. People don't know who he is and if they do won't vote for him because "he can't win."

We need to be realistic and get on the same page as to what our goal is: Collecting as many delegates as possible under the radar (Maine, LA, CA, etc.) and hope for a brokered convention. Even if not a word is mentioned about Ron Paul in the media. Then at a brokered convention (after a few months of time has passed since the primaries) we go after the lage swath of unbound delegates who might be unsatisfied with the frontrunners espicially with the fact that the convention might take place as the economy is crashing and people might give Ron a 2nd listen.

JMann
02-03-2008, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=literatim;1162581]Bush lost the popular vote in 2000, so much for the theory of 'popularity contest'. It is all about the delegates, period.

I guess you are ignoring the fact that Bush won EVERY f'n recount in Florida.

puppetmaster
02-03-2008, 03:45 PM

This is the same result in Nevada.....we are doing well!!

Sarge
02-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Please keep the name of the other state under the radar for now.

They still are trying to get a few more delegates. The last 2 meetings are not until Feb 5th.

Let the others find out later. They might make it close to a sweep on delegates with the last two caucus. Only 3 more to grab to make for a possible sweep.

The information is there to be found on their thread. Please just don't spread the name when you find out who it is. Now is not the time to make it easy for the competition.

Thomas_Paine
02-03-2008, 04:01 PM

you are a worm, you are the one with the "he can't win" mentality.

FreeTraveler
02-03-2008, 04:10 PM

Not quite. There are no delegates in the national election, there are electors. Electors are bound to vote based on the popular vote, whereas delegates from the primary are bound for the most part ONLY for the first round of voting.

Bush won because the Supreme Court stopped the recounts and awarded Florida's electors to George Bush.

FreeTraveler
02-03-2008, 04:12 PM

All the young people could die. Most of them aren't voting anyway, and the ones that are, are voting for McCain and Obama. Now see how stupid that sounds?

IPSecure
02-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Not quite. There are no delegates in the national election, there are electors. Electors are bound to vote based on the popular vote, whereas delegates from the primary are bound for the most part ONLY for the first round of voting.

Bush won because the Supreme Court stopped the recounts and awarded Florida's electors to George Bush.

You are correct sir!

Please see the Texas Legislature in action:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG6X-xtVask

Presidential Electors:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Electoral_College

literatim
02-03-2008, 04:19 PM

Determined by the popular vote of each individual State, not of the nation.

FreeTraveler
02-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Determined by the popular vote of each individual State, not of the nation.
Correct. I did not make that clear in my post. It's on a state-by-state basis.

Liberty Star
02-03-2008, 04:22 PM
I agree, it is a success.

Great job Maine!

CareerTech1
02-03-2008, 04:29 PM
thats great - if only now we could get the media to confirm ron paul won louisiana

gerryb
02-03-2008, 04:30 PM
I seriously can't believe the amount of ignorance I'm seeing in this thread.

Get EDUCATED folks.

Florida hasn't decided it's delegates either.

NJ has it's straw poll on Super Tuesday, but delegates are voted for on June 3rd.

EDUCATE yourself on how your state and adjoining states work.

We need to get out the vote when the delegate elections occur.

noztnac
02-03-2008, 04:37 PM
We need to quit congratulating ourselves every time we lose. We need to change plans right here and now. Read this thread again!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=74702&highlight=graphic+images

humanic
02-03-2008, 04:39 PM
I guess you are ignoring the fact that Bush won EVERY f'n recount in Florida.

Please watch this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5972696012004214536&q=unprecedented+election&total=92&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

IPSecure
02-03-2008, 04:40 PM
We need to quit congratulating ourselves every time we lose. We need to change plans right here and now. Read this thread again!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=74702&highlight=graphic+images

Here is a link to the Presidential Electors in 2004:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...electors,_2004

Here is a link to the Presidential Electors in 2000:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...electors,_2000

Could we contact these people and ask if they are still involved?

Could we ask them how they like the the loss of Liberty, current state of the dollar, housing bubble, False Flag Operations, Depleted Uranium in Iraq and elsewhere, etc...?

Could we convert these people to support Dr. Ron Paul?

Just wondering...

Bruno
02-03-2008, 11:55 PM
How about a Text Bomb? I've heard of the method used in other countries, where you text everyone in your contact list and it goes viral. Something short and to the point like:
Tomorrow the Revolution begins. Vote for Ron Paul and vote for real freedom. Read the Message at www.ronpaul2008.com.

What do you think? It could really work and be an effective and free way to counter the MSM! If you like it, help get the word out!