PDA

View Full Version : I Am Ron Paul!

dblee
02-02-2008, 11:15 PM
I am Ron Paul.

I didn't used to be. I used to believe that the United States was the most infallible country on earth. I used to believe that because we were so free and prosperous, other nations, in their jealousy hated us enough to try and destroy us.

I used to think that if an idea was worthy enough to be disseminated through the mass media, and arrived before my eyes through an electronic device, then it had credibility. I used to believe in the inevitability of the establishment, that people in power had good intentions. I used to think that the government was here to protect me.

I used to believe that the people in power had the right idea, and with great power comes great responsibility to spread our way of life-- through force if necessary. I believed that we were living in a new era, an era where we were not bound to repeat the mistakes of history. An era of unlimited economic growth-- all you needed was a good credit score. An era where global threats made it necessary for each one of us to sacrifice a bit of personal liberty to ensure that freedom and democracy would survive. I believed it was the only patriotic thing to do.

Slowly, I came to realize that all was not well within the matrix. Certain truths I held to be inalienable were... alienated. Politicians who claimed to be conservatives spent money like drunken sailors. A Republican party who claimed to be against welfare and entitlements was welcoming legions of illegal immigrants into the country, showing no respect for the rule of law.

Law abiding American citizens were being subject to force and arrest without due process. Students were being tased in public universities for exercising their first amendment rights. Our government was pissing away an accumulated 100 years of good will in foreign relations. American jobs were leaving overseas while our trade deficit ballooned into the hundreds of billions.

The Dollar was no longer as good as gold.

We were STARTING the wars now.

I finally realized that the America I was living in was not the country I once thought it was. I withdrew. I became cynical. I was jaded.

Politicians were, in my eyes, the lowest form of humanity. They bowed only to the pressures of the special interests that lined their pockets. They pursued their own agendas over those of the people. Our representative democracy was a farce. There was nothing I could do about it. I could only cover my own ass.

2007 rolled around. The news was abuzz with talk of the coming election. I grudgingly poked around for a candidate I could support. The lesser of 20 evils.

I'm not sure how it happened. His name somehow snuck into my consciousness. I did as I was told and googled Ron Paul.

Everything changed.

I kept reading, kept searching, devouring every youtube video I could find, reading every wiki entry, searching every corner of his website. Every link I clicked was made in the apprehension that I would find something that would shatter my hopes. It never came. It was too good to be true.

But it was true. My life will never be the same.

I no longer believe the things that I used to. I now know why things never seemed to quite fit before.

Today I believe that a man can live his life, from cradle to grave, in service of his country and his principles. I have come to believe that a human being can defeat insurmountable odds, never complaining, never compromising, and rise to the cause of freedom in a world that is irredeemably corrupt. I believe that the blessings of liberty are bestowed upon us by our Creator, and no government, no power should dare to tread on those freedoms so long as courageous men and women are willing to take up their battle standards and fight.

I believe one can be honest in the face of lies, strong in the face of oppression, humble in the face of pride, and pure against the temptation of personal gain.

God rewards perseverance and integrity. Dr. Paul's life is a testament to that.

I have seen what a man can do in one lifetime, and it has changed me forever. I will dedicate the rest of my life to emulating his principles and fighting his battle.

I AM RON PAUL.

And there are others like me.

AlexMerced
02-02-2008, 11:18 PM
this remind me of an old thread from october

good thoughts, http://www.libertywarchest.com sign up to keep posted on the movement that way if you ever do get apathetic again I'll make sure to come rewake your ass

dblee
02-02-2008, 11:21 PM
if you ever do get apathetic again I'll make sure to come rewake your ass

I'd appreciate it.

FSP-Rebel
02-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Reminds me of V...

rodent
02-02-2008, 11:22 PM
I am Ron Paul.

I didn't used to be. I used to believe that the United States was the most infallible country on earth. I used to believe that because we were so free and prosperous, other nations, in their jealousy hated us enough to try and destroy us.

I used to think that if an idea was worthy enough to be disseminated through the mass media, and arrived before my eyes through an electronic device, then it had credibility. I used to believe in the inevitability of the establishment, that people in power had good intentions. I used to think that the government was here to protect me.

I don't get how people think we're so infallible. When you elect retards for 100 years, you are not infallible. Everyone has a politician who has been in office who they have disliked, so it stands to reason that at least once in 100 years we have had an idiot in office doing stupid things overseas.

josephadel_3
02-02-2008, 11:25 PM
My story is almost identical to yours. So close it's scary.

BreakYourChains
02-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Great post. We are Ron Paul.

Jason726
02-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Good stuff...

affa
02-03-2008, 12:52 AM
I am Ron Paul.

I used to believe that the people in power had the right idea, and with great power comes great responsibility to spread our way of life-- through force if necessary. I believed that we were living in a new era, an era where we were not bound to repeat the mistakes of history. An era of unlimited economic growth-- all you needed was a good credit score. An era where global threats made it necessary for each one of us to sacrifice a bit of personal liberty to ensure that freedom and democracy would survive. I believed it was the only patriotic thing to do.

Slowly, I came to realize that all was not well within the matrix. Certain truths I held to be inalienable were... alienated. Politicians who claimed to be conservatives spent money like drunken sailors. A Republican party who claimed to be against welfare and entitlements was welcoming legions of illegal immigrants into the country, showing no respect for the rule of law.

Law abiding American citizens were being subject to force and arrest without due process. Students were being tased in public universities for exercising their first amendment rights. Our government was pissing away an accumulated 100 years of good will in foreign relations. American jobs were leaving overseas while our trade deficit ballooned into the hundreds of billions.

I finally realized that the America I was living in was not the country I once thought it was. I withdrew. I became cynical. I was jaded.

Politicians were, in my eyes, the lowest form of humanity. They bowed only to the pressures of the special interests that lined their pockets. They pursued their own agendas over those of the people. Our representative democracy was a farce. There was nothing I could do about it. I could only cover my own ass.

2007 rolled around. The news was abuzz with talk of the coming election. I grudgingly poked around for a candidate I could support. The lesser of 20 evils.

I'm not sure how it happened. His name somehow snuck into my consciousness. I did as I was told and googled Ron Paul.

Everything changed.

I kept reading, kept searching, devouring every youtube video I could find, reading every wiki entry, searching every corner of his website. Every link I clicked was made in the apprehension that I would find something that would shatter my hopes. It never came. It was too good to be true.

I no longer believe the things that I used to. I now know why things never seemed to quite fit before.

Today I believe that a man can live his life, from cradle to grave, in service of his country and his principles. I have come to believe that a human being can defeat insurmountable odds, never complaining, never compromising, and rise to the cause of freedom in a world that is irredeemably corrupt. I believe that the blessings of liberty are bestowed upon us by our Creator, and no government, no power should dare to tread on those freedoms so long as courageous men and women are willing to take up their battle standards and fight.

I believe one can be honest in the face of lies, strong in the face of oppression, humble in the face of pride, and pure against the temptation of personal gain.

I have seen what a man can do in one lifetime, and it has changed me forever. I will dedicate the rest of my life to emulating his principles and fighting his battle.

I AM RON PAUL.

thankyou.

BoBoDuFlachi
02-03-2008, 12:53 AM
wow that would make a great commercial. the" I am Ron Paul " part and what Ron is about and what America should be about with different people saying it .like ron said, We keep him going!..man an ad like that could get attention and hit home

Mckarnin
02-03-2008, 12:58 AM
wow that would make a great commercial. the" I am Ron Paul " part and what Ron is about and what America should be about with different people saying it .like ron said, We keep him going!..man an ad like that could get attention and hit home

There was a thread where we were all talking about an I am Ron Paul ad...3 months ago I think.

JimInNY
02-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Can you (or even someone else) put that down on an audio track for a video? That is awesome!

JimInNY
02-03-2008, 12:59 AM

Maybe we can start a thread and get a bunch of volunteers to videotape themselves saying one part, and then piece it together.

I have to hit the hay but will revisit this tomorrow night.

Agent CSL
02-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Do you mind if I post this in a blog/journal of mine? :D
It's excellent!

nbhadja
02-03-2008, 01:02 AM
This was also me last July.

BoBoDuFlachi
02-03-2008, 01:02 AM
well, even though ive supported ron from the get go, im new to the site so I wasnt aware...still a great idea! something needs to happen with this!

Mckarnin
02-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Maybe we can start a thread and get a bunch of volunteers to videotape themselves saying one part, and then piece it together.

A few months ago we were talking about squares with individuals from all kinds of backgrounds saying "I am Ron Paul" and having them zoom back into the Ron Paul poster made of supporter photos and then having a group of people say I am Ron Paul or Ron Paul himself say I am Ron Paul and I approve this message.

BoBoDuFlachi
02-03-2008, 01:18 AM
i dont know if this was mentioned in the past post, but here's my 2 cents

Have 20 -30 + seperate people read the same thing about what ron stands for and what he's about .something good & long and hits home and Lets people know about Ron and his record

then edit it so it switches between the faces talking so it hits home that it affects people of all races and makes and class and at the end have ron and a huge group like that was at that rally in denver the other night , behind ron paul when he say's "I'm ron paul and i approve this message." or something along those lines

now that would be an ad! Just need some fresh editing and some teamwork to make that happen

dblee
02-03-2008, 06:16 AM
Do you mind if I post this in a blog/journal of mine? :D
It's excellent!

just give me a credit and you can post it anywhere you want! :D

dblee
02-03-2008, 06:19 AM

If you guys send me the footage, I will edit it in final cut pro.

It'll probably have to be truncated though.

webber53
02-03-2008, 06:41 AM
I have been Ron Paul.
I am Ron Paul.
I will continue to be Ron Paul!

Edu
02-03-2008, 06:46 AM
If you guys send me the footage, I will edit it in final cut pro.Can we somehow take ron out of the CNN Calif debate seat and paste him to look like he's facing the other candidates and teaching them like in school? It would be great to have the desks look like school desks too. Wouldn't matter if you just made cartoon like characters with pasted in faces or heads. Then cut in the audio when he's teaching them.

hcbrand
02-03-2008, 06:56 AM
The veil is lifted. And as the struggle goes, it's much better to be for something than against everything!

UK4Paul
02-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Super post. I would give it SIX stars if I could.

Paul Revered
02-03-2008, 08:26 AM
What an inspirational thread. I posted the OP on MySpace.

homah
02-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Great post, OP.

When I read the thread title, "I am Ron Paul," I pictured an ad showing people from all walks of life saying "I am Ron Paul." Business person, soccer mom, military, boy/girl scout, construction worker, retired person, farmer, etc. I think it would be a very powerful ad if done properly.

t3rmin
02-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Wow. Great writing. Fits me, too!

I'm posting it on my blog too, with a credit to you.

AFM
02-03-2008, 09:50 AM
I am Ron Paul.

Everything changed.

I AM RON PAUL.

Most beautiful post I have read on these forums.

thegr8drronpaul
02-03-2008, 10:19 AM
a wake up bump.

AFM
02-03-2008, 02:56 PM
I just read it again and cried.
The last 3 lines are so powerful.

AFM
02-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Bump for beauty

humanic
02-04-2008, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the great post dblee. The mass awakening taking place is a beautiful thing, and I'm proud to be a part of it with you.

dblee
02-04-2008, 05:59 AM
I'm deeply honored that people appreciated my post. It was from the heart on a day when I think many of us needed to remember why we got into this thing in the first place. I have high hopes for this revolution :)

liberteebell
02-04-2008, 06:29 AM
I am Ron Paul.

Everything changed.

I AM RON PAUL.

Very well done! Thank you.

AFM
02-04-2008, 02:56 PM
God that was beautiful

dblee
02-05-2008, 12:54 AM
some people are freaking out in the 11th hour and resorting to fatalism and pessimism. bump to remind them why they started this fight.

JimInNY
02-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Positive waves!

icon124
02-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Thank You

Knightskye
02-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Whooooooooooooooooooo! :D

Bump4Freedom

gilliganscorner
04-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Bump for why we are all in it.

ronpaulhawaii
04-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Bump for why we are all in it.

Thanks, first time I'd seen it. Powerful.

I have been thinking about a Mosaic based ad. I have hundreds of clips of supporters stating why they support RP. One thing that is common to most of the clips is the phrase, "The Constitution".

I can imagine this post spoken as a voice over, while the video slowly pulls out from a single pic to the entire mosaic. As it ends, pics start jumping out of the image, from all over, with inserted video of individuals saying "The Constitution" , kinda like a fireworks finale...

I can't create it, but have the clips...

Thoughts?

brooklyn
04-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Couldn't have said it better!
My experience is like a mirror image of your testamonial.
Thanks for sharing.

acptulsa
04-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks, first time I'd seen it. Powerful.

I have been thinking about a Mosaic based ad. I have hundreds of clips of supporters stating why they support RP. One thing that is common to most of the clips is the phrase, "The Constitution".

I can imagine this post spoken as a voice over, while the video slowly pulls out from a single pic to the entire mosaic. As it ends, pics start jumping out of the image, from all over, with inserted video of individuals saying "The Constitution" , kinda like a fireworks finale...

I can't create it, but have the clips...

Thoughts?

Someone who was really good, given hundreds of images, could assemble many of them into a mosaic that actually made a portrait of Dr. Paul when viewed from a distance. Going from square to square and eventually zooming back to that...