PDA

View Full Version : Swedish media black-out

joelmatton
02-02-2008, 10:56 PM
The morning paper, Sydsvenskan, the biggest newspaper in southern Sweden with a circulation of about 300,000 just arrived, and the front page is a thing on Super Tuesday. The front page is pictures of all the presidential candidates... Except Ron Paul.

Then inside the paper in the article itself, they have a big Super Tuesday article, where they've put up fact sheets on where the candidates stand on various issues... And they have a fact sheet for every candidate, except Ron Paul. Then there's an article written by a journalist, where he talks about all the candidates and their chances... Except Ron Paul, whose name isn't even mentioned.

ARGH. The most annoying thing is that this paper, along with just about every other paper in the country, has been doing this kind of thing ever since the presidential campaign started. Up until Giuliani dropped out, he was included in all their coverage, but Ron Paul wasn't. Despite RP getting more votes than Giuliani in almost all the states that had votes before he dropped out. To be fair, Thompson was excluded for his whole run, too.

For a country that goes on and on about democracy and how great it is, it doesn't seem very democratic to me to actively ignore certain candidates in an election. And I feel this way regardless of who's being ignored. For instance in Sweden there's a racist party called the Sweden Democrats, who got something like 3% of the votes last election (4% is the minimum to get into the house of parliament). Yet they're ignored completely. The major parties refuse to debate them, the newspapers do their articles with their fact sheets where the Sweden Democrats aren't included, etc. And despite the fact that I hate this racist party and everything it stands for, it really pisses me off that the media just ignore them like this and don't let them have their say. So it's not just that I like Ron Paul and want him to get coverage, I'm also pissed off in general at how the media ignores certain candidates.

Anyway rant over.

kickzman
02-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Joel trust me man its the same scum ruling no matter which part of the world ur in, it will be an uphill battle, I have a feeling until a physical civil war breaks out here we won't be returning to democracy.

jerry
02-03-2008, 01:07 AM
same situation Canada. Amazing, isn't it.

alarga
02-03-2008, 03:31 AM
And pretty much the same in Norway. Let's face it folks, the large media conglomerates are all owned by the same interests. And besides, the media is the eager whore of the power elite and cannot afford the changes of the revolution. And they know it.

Mordan
02-03-2008, 06:18 AM
same in Belgium, same for the british paper The Economist

joelmatton
02-03-2008, 11:05 AM
The only time Ron Paul has even been mentioned has just been to say "Ron Paul was also in the debate", and thats it. There have been long articles summarizing the debates, and they've summarized what everyone except Ron Paul said, then at the very end just said "Ron Paul also participated", the end. Really pisses me off. I sent an angry email to the newspaper. I'll post a reply if I get one.

Crickett
02-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Well, the ONLY Country it should NOT be like this is the USA. We were founded to be different from all the rest!!! GET IT?????????? FIGHT FOR OUR CONSTITUTION!!!!!!!!!!!

Kregener
02-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Wow. It is the same here in the United States of America!

Weird...

athlon64bit
02-03-2008, 12:54 PM
European countries get their information from mainstream usa news stations. I do not believe that the swedish are part of a conspiracy to not report on ron paul. The blackout is in USA and the blackout thus is travelling around the world as a result.

alarga
02-03-2008, 03:26 PM
European countries get their information from mainstream usa news stations. I do not believe that the swedish are part of a conspiracy to not report on ron paul. The blackout is in USA and the blackout thus is travelling around the world as a result.

If that is true, why is it that Russian media is reporting on him all the time?

I also used to believe that our media guys were just uninformed and stupid and out of touch with whats going on in reality.

Then I learned that the chief of the Norwegian branch of Le Monde got a phone call from central HQ in france to immediately drop the 911 critical series they were running. Just like that. And tghis is supposed to be a left-wing system critical forum. I dont think so. Can you spell gatekeeper? It's just a frustration vent with certain fixed limits - one of those are RP.

Here's an experiment you can do if you are scientific minded and not just basing perception on emotion. Try and raise some media awareness about RP and see how far you can take it. email newspapers, journalists, send in newstips, your own reports, whatever. The outcome will be a verification of what is actually true.

ziggrl
02-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Unfortunately, our fearless leader (RP) is just not as artificial and charismatic as the other groomed candidates. This is what the common sheeple want to see. Well, maybe not what they want to see, but they don't know what they want to see unless some alternative is presented to them in a rather different way.

I know he knows how to play the game, but he (or his campaign) just doesn't know the way of generating buzz.

So, unfortunately, he doesn't generate interest so the media can report on him and sell papers and clicks.

Fortunately, the media is now saying that McCain is too old. Thankfully, they haven't been saying that about RP. But maybe the people are thinking it.

I hope the McCain interest dies down a LOT before November.
If I can't vote RP, it's nobody.

louisiana4liberty
02-03-2008, 09:32 PM
No one can compete with the message of freedom. It's the truth and the truth will always set people free.

CanadiansforRP
02-05-2008, 04:32 AM
The National Post in Canada has an article about Ron Paul and his support in Alaska. I heard his name mentioned on Globals TV news in Canada.

CNN doesn't even mention him at all anymore. Anybody who watches CNN will think that Ron Paul has dropped out. The undemocratic biased coverage is ridiculous but shouldn't be surprising since the Media is owned by corporations who have lobbyists in Washington that get millions of dollars in grants and tax breaks that Ron Paul would put an end to. Also many corporations hugely benefit from the war like oil companies who can jack up oil prices and military weapons makers who just love to see the US at war because the government uses tax payers money to fund the making of weapons.

RPinUptownChi
02-05-2008, 04:53 AM
--

Paulitician
02-05-2008, 04:56 AM
Wow. It is the same here in the United States of America!

Weird...
ROFL!

hamdog
02-05-2008, 05:07 AM
Fortunately, the media is now saying that McCain is too old. Thankfully, they haven't been saying that about RP. But maybe the people are thinking it.

Unfortunaltely, a lot of people (i know) are thinking it.

i heard that comment from many of my coworkers when i introduced them to rp last year. "he's so old", "i'm just afraid he's gonna die while in office", "look at him, how old is he?"

i quickly learned how to spin that argument around and tell them "that just proves he is not in it for himself. he is in it for us, for his country. what does a 72 year-old man have to gain by being president?"

i have convinced everyone to let go of that argument with that little speech.

thanks for reading.

Conza88
02-05-2008, 05:53 AM
Same in Australia.

fufurios
02-05-2008, 08:37 AM
Same in Germany.
Put my TV in the garbage can and cancel my newspaper subscription.:rolleyes:
Associated press agenda.