PDA

View Full Version : How Ron Paul Can Win

yaz
02-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Ok; if he stays in the race then Romney and Huckabee will probably drop out after Super Tuesday. This means that the delegates that supported them will be uncommitted? If that's the case then it will be just Ron Paul vs McCain. This means everyone will vote for Ron Paul just to stop McCain and a lot of delegates can go to RP.

If they both stay in the race the whole way for some odd reason I don't think Ron Paul can go 3rd party effectively. The reason is that some states have "sore loser" laws which prevent you from getting on the ballot if you drop out of the Rep. or Dem. race. Therefor it would not work out well unless there was some way to get around the laws or if we could win all the states without such laws which would be extremely hard. Money would also be an issue.

Am I wrong on this or does this sound about right?

homah
02-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Romney isn't going anywhere.

yaz
02-02-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm pretty sure if he is way behind McCain after Super Tuesday he will drop out to save his money.

celticsman7
02-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Trust me. McCain, when it's all said and done, will probably get 40% of the delegates going into the Convention. Romney will probably get 30%. I guess Huckabee and Paul will get the rest 30%.

Jeremy
02-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Romney won't drop out

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-02-2008, 09:58 PM

How the fuck can you say Romney isn't going anywhere, he has 52% in Maine right now and Had like the same in Michigan.

yaz
02-02-2008, 09:59 PM
he meant that romney isn't going to drop out. i think he will eventually. and then wouldn't his delegates be up for grabs?

luvthedoc08
02-02-2008, 10:00 PM
How the fuck can you say Romney isn't going anywhere, he has 52% in Maine right now and Had like the same in Michigan.

i'm confused, isn't that a good thing for him? shouldn't he stay if he's getting 52% in Maine?

*edit* sry i see what you were saying lol, no i'm sure he's travelling about all over the place.

AlexMerced
02-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Roney nor Huckabee is going anywhere

there 4 will be butting heads till september

yaz
02-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Is 3rd party an option if Ron Paul can't break through?

nate895
02-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Is 3rd party an option if Ron Paul can't break through?

Yes, it is. Sore loser laws don't apply in Presidential Elections because they're electing slates of electoral college votes, not the candidate.

InLoveWithRon
02-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Texas is key.. If Ron can win Texas in March, his home state, it will throw a huge monkey wrench into the whole thing.. Texas holds alot of delegates..

I am now seeing how smart it is for Ron to be in Texas today.

Winning Texas, is like winning 6 to 8 other states. That's how many delegates there are there..

LBT
02-02-2008, 10:32 PM
The more people learned about Rudy, the less they liked him. The same can happen to McCain and Romney. Who knows what other monsters could come out of their closets?

Also, a financial crisis or escalation of the problems in Iraq could spark a change of focus for many voters.

And what happens if Ron Paul gets a surprising amount of caucus victories, boosting his delegate tallies. These determined delegates could work some magic at the national convention.

Perhaps some more influential people will come out and endorse Ron Paul.

Who would have thought we could raise 20 million in the previous quarter? We should hold out hope for continued surprises.

homah
02-02-2008, 10:35 PM

Maybe learn to read and take a deep breath before responding with such hostility.

yaz
02-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Yes, it is. Sore loser laws don't apply in Presidential Elections because they're electing slates of electoral college votes, not the candidate.

awesome! if ron paul misses the nomination us supporters have to force him to run 3rd party then lol.

N13
02-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Events may come to pass that will direct the spotlight on RP because he will be the only one who warned of the situation in advance and the only one who has the solutions.

There are many ways for the voters to see and feel the need for the Doctor.

yaz
02-02-2008, 11:25 PM
That's a good point. Maybe we should hope for an economic crisis now instead of later, lol.

Campusanis
02-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Basically, it's already there, only the FED is trying its best to postpone it to the point where it hurts (talk about lowering interest rates twice within weeks).
People must be educated about this. Somehow...

Elwar
02-03-2008, 10:41 AM
the media would spin it however they want it to be perceived...

"I'm sorry honey, I only hit you because I care so much about you..."

lynnf
02-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Texas is key.. If Ron can win Texas in March, his home state, it will throw a huge monkey wrench into the whole thing.. Texas holds alot of delegates..

I am now seeing how smart it is for Ron to be in Texas today.

Winning Texas, is like winning 6 to 8 other states. That's how many delegates there are there..

at the risk of sounding like a broken record, there is no favorite son advantage in Texas for Ron Paul - one of about 33 congressmen so not much name recognition. don't get me wrong, I hope he does win Texas but if he does, it won't be from favorite son status. remember the Texas straw poll, Duncan Hunter won, and the current governor, Rick Perry, first endorsed Ghouliani and then McCain. it's an uphill battle with only about a month to go....

lynn

kigol
02-03-2008, 11:12 AM

agreed